Search found 174 matches

Return

Re: Yakuza series

Yeah, since it doesnt seem like these will be releasing as a collection, and will be release individually, that might play into whether or not they come over, BUT I am starting to think that may not even be an issue because dont look now, but Yakuza 0 has been out for over a year and it hasnt hit the $19.99 bargain bin yet, its going for 39.99 which means that there has been no need to put it on clearance or that its still not selling, and why shouldnt it still be selling when players still need time to play 0, kiwami 1, and prepare for 2 to come out, makes sense.

No idea how many copies its sold, but I have seen Y0 pop up in some surpsising lists for example: Playstation Access Had it as one of "7 PlayStation Exclusives Every PS4 Owner Loves to Show Off" (ill link below, great YT channel btw) along side God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Uncharted 4, Bloodborne, and Persona 5, that made me raise an eye brow that Yakuza may have busted into main stream a bit which does sound unheard of for us long time fans. Also I saw alot of people going out of their way to talk about Yakuza 6 around launch too.

https://youtu.be/xAvE8w0B8iE?t=493

Wait for the bit where Holly starts going off about how good the game is, its good shit and I know everyone will appreciate it and crack a smile. :lol:
by AnimeGamer183
Tue May 22, 2018 9:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega just announced Yakuza 3,4,5 for PS4 in Japan late this year. My guess is fall 2019 we get them in the west.
http://ryokutya2089.com/archives/10426

As they are simply remasters, I will be skipping out.

Just waiting for Shin and 7, at this point.

I wouldnt be so fast about Yakuza 3 at the very least, as it will likely contain all the other missions and content that was cut out of the original western release, course it may be the original one too.

That being said, this is GRAND news, especially for me who was explaining not that long ago I am more or less screwed on ever playing 5 because of the way it was released here, but low and behold, an announcement for Y3-5 on PS4 and we were just talking about this just a few weeks ago, CALLED IT.

At any rate we should wait for a western announcement although it does seem inevitable, I wonder which version of Y3 they may give us? Hopefully thats not a burden, or maybe they just re localize all 3 of these games again and start with a fresh translation, that could remedy it.

Its been getting Shenmue and Yakuza crazy lately huh? :shock:
by AnimeGamer183
Tue May 22, 2018 4:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I am either in bizzaro world or something, because the ONLY slowdown I experienced with 6, was the animation before the batting minigame. No screen tearing and its a stock, launch-day PS4.
I remember noticing it quite a bit while playing the demo but can't remember seeing any while playing the game itself. I did have slowdown in both cases though.
by south carmain
Wed May 23, 2018 9:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

RunningBear wrote:Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......

You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
by Jibby
Sat May 19, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......
You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Why even live? you're just going to die anyway.

I never said keeping your dreamcast versions was stupid. I own them myself. Im just saying that buying them on ebay for $400 doesn't make sense to me. Just like buying a movie on VHS wouldn't make sense. People always want to take thing's the wrong way :roll: ...
Pretty twisted and narrow minded view there pal. I still have a VCR on my old CRT's I keep for older stuff.
Plenty of reasons to have older versions and formats. Sometimes sentimental and other times preserving. Why should we keep the Roman Coliseum when modern stadiums exist then going off this logic.

Comparing shenmue 2 with the roman coliseum was freaking retarded lol.. A used copy of shenmue 2 with fingerprints and scratches all over it isn't worth $400. I looked around on ebay and half of them have the game disks laying outside the case and the box is all messed up lol.. Of course none of them are selling. I believe it should be more affordable so people can play it... A lot of people don't know about the HD version's and their trying to take advantage of that. I could understand $100 or something but not $400... that's freaking ridiculous . You're probably the one's selling them.. You would think shenmue fans would want people to actually play the game..
Name calling and making assumptions. how nice. I don't sell my games at all. I don't sell any games. Just because somethings old doesn't mean you throw it out.yeah I am going to keep my VHS copies of some stuff. I don't believe in having games cost too much either but you are saying anyone who owns an older version of something is stupid. That's where I take issue.
by Haruto
Sun May 20, 2018 2:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happens if Ryo doesn’t chase Ren?

Alright, it took me longer to get this done than I thought but here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIWakNgN1Ic

Was a bit different then I rememered. Ryo only goes back to the boat, not to Lucky Plaza. I tried getting Ryo to know the fact that Ren is there but only Sam, Larry and Cool Z know and they lead you there and if you lose them, Ryo will be lost. None of the other NPCs every say anything about Lucky Plaza.

As a bonus fact, I tried the chase again, late in the day when it was raining, as I heard of the possibility of Ren carrying an umbrella. That didn't happen. But it is worth pointing out that the game will stop the rain when the QTE chase at Lucky Plaza starts. Was a bit sad, I wanted to see them fall on the truck in pouring rain.
by BlueMue
Fri May 25, 2018 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

It's funny that people are always comparing the Yakuza series to Shenmue, and now the voice actor for Shenhua is named Haruka.

Suzuki confirmed that Ren's style of combat will differ from Ryo's, and that Shenhua doesn't fight. "She's smart and uses other tactics ," he noted

Shenhua dance battles confirmed.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat May 26, 2018 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue III pics from THQ Nordic financial presentat

It is cool that the little girl's mouth movements are animated finely enough to lip read what she is saying.
https://i.imgur.com/35ZH8xe.jpg

It's in Japanese, but what she appears to be saying translates to: "Oh, it's you, Ryo!". :)

Details in this post (plus other commentary on the Shenmue-relevant parts of the presentation):
https://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/05/new-shenmue-3-images-in-thq-nordic.html
by Switch
Mon May 28, 2018 6:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Not as barbaric as death by marlin cannon

by Vyse Hazuky
Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic