Search found 64 matches

Return

Re: Armored Core

My issue with 4 is the missions were so short like 5 minutes 10 at the most. 20-30 minutes would be ideal. I completed it but something felt off. Then again what do I know. I enjoy Front Mission Evolved. So maybe my opinion is moot.

AC4 and AC5 may as well be from different series the playstyle is so different in both. Miyazaki said he opted for a different style with AC4 and For Answer from the rest of the series (the movement is so much faster and lighter and more spent flying than any of the other AC games I've played up until now). AC1 is still charming in its own way, despite how "aged" it is (since it's on PSN, it's an easy buy). AC1 feels more "arcadey" I guess.

AC5 is definitely the one in the series where the mechs feel really heavy and bulky (and more powerful). Missions are also much longer too than AC4, which were made to be fast paced and snappy. Less boss battles too (AC4 was full of them).
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New (old) Shenmue Online gameplay

I quite liked Yakuza's clan creator game, and am happy to see it return in Kiwami 2. I think they could easily make a Shenmue themed version. I would have liked to see how SHenmue Gai was initially going to turn out, too. Too bad we never got to see it past a few updates before it shut down.
by Supa
Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Armored Core

If one wanted to get into the earliest games, I do have a suggestion.
Most will find that the PS1 (and most of the PS2) games have a bit of a strange control scheme by default, where the shoulder buttons control camera movement up and down. Luckily, a weird hallmark of the series is the fact that you can customize the controls completely , so I always switch all camera control to the right face buttons, with foreward, backward, and left and right strafing on the D-pad. Still takes some getting used to, but it moves it closer to dual-analog control. Much simpler and more intuitive.
by OL
Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Posting errors

Yea same with me. Just waiting on Rod to have a look
by Peter
Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic