Search found 922 matches

Return

Re: Ys Series

This ended up getting featured on like every site,
http://i.imgur.com/fSq5v72.gif
will be interesting to see how this sells.
http://i.imgur.com/owGF6Ph.gif
I think Xseed will be dancing freaky happy.
Also wondering how long before NightWolf claims it was his idea.
SHHHHHHHHH! He can hear you!
http://i.imgur.com/Tnhw1il.gif
by Bluecast
Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Boku no Natsuyasumi (My Summer Holiday)

I have two copies of the third game on PS3, bug book and all. Let me dig around and if you get that PS3, one is yours.

Oh and I've raped all of them, love the series.
by Yama
Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ben Affleck as Batman

Who Really Cares? wrote:Image

And cries himself to sleep.
by Crimson Ryan
Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Love CoD. Wonderful game but the music like you would expect in a CV game really makes the game that much better.
by Bluecast
Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

From the looks of trailers, there is no "radar" this time, just stay out of sight and pick your enemies off or sneak past. And since the maps are so big, binoculars will probably play a big part in planning out your route. I'm guessing weather and daytime/night-time cycles will also play a big part in enemy patrols.

Also, Viewtiful Joe is back! In a phone game, of course.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/images/featimgs/combocrew-vj.jpg

In one of the more bizarre crossover events in recent memory, Capcom's beloved superhero Viewtiful Joe will be a playable character in an upcoming update to mobile brawler Combo Crew.

Combo Crew, if you haven't played it, is a beat-'em-up with a gesture-driven control scheme that works wonders on touchscreens.

In our review, we said: "A frantic beat-'em-up that fuses a retro sensibility with modern touchscreen controls, Combo Crew is an often brilliant, always entertaining way to punch some goons in the face."

And Viewtiful Joe is the hero of a series of cult classic and underappreciated Capcom games, which started life on GameCube. Pocket gamers got Red Hot Rumble on PSP, and Double Trouble on DS.

http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/iPhone/Combo+Crew/news.asp?c=53352

http://i.minus.com/ih5YwU35u5LiW.gif
by Henry Spencer
Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Gone Home on steam.
by Bluecast
Fri Aug 30, 2013 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gone Home: Shenmue-esque Indie Horror Game

Beat the game or really I should say finished it. It's not what you expect it to be and the end result can be a bit jarring. But after a little time it makes sense and it's enjoyable. I normally can't stand the games trying to be movies. I think this finds the perfect balance how to be a game while also telling a story. Similar to how Portal does only Portal has much more emphasis on game play. This is more about exploring. It is a nice game but for me the biggest flaw is once you play it there is no point to ever play it again unless like in Shenmue you just like picking stuff up and opening drawers. I don't regret buying it tho despite being 20$ and that is something I normally don't do. It's nothing like Shenmue like in the title of the topic but you may get a couple small vibes here and there. It's odd as I even found myself cleaning up the house a little like throwing soda cans away and putting the markers back in a drawer,weird shit like that. So it's very immersive. One of the most immersive I have played in a long while.
by Bluecast
Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvwQDF8WC7I

I got hype when I heard this song.
This is going to sound corny and esp cliche on this forum but this gives me a 90's SEGA vibe. Like something on SEGA Saturn. Not sure why it does. It's jut great. Had to download it and add it to the playlist.
by Bluecast
Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wan Chai Connection-Sega Saturn

Welp. As expected, this game is pretty awful. Granted it is a very text heavy game and I cannot understand it, but it still isn't that great. Its basically photos coming up of suspects in a murder mystery and what looks like you inspecting evidence of photos perhaps? There are also some pretty awful cut scenes.

10/10 would play again.
by myshtuff
Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Trechery in Bea.....BUY A VITA DAMNIT!

Already own one. :)

What games do you like? I recommend Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection. I rate it one of the best in the series, not just on portables..

Anything will be fine really.But as for anything in particular,any good horror games you know of?Looking into buying Silent Hill Origins.Also wanted to get Shattered Memories but was told to get it on the Wii instead.
by Samanosuke Akechi
Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mighty No.9 MegaMan spiritual successor by Keji Inafune

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:We don't have anyone famous

Just call Nas up.
by MiTT3NZ
Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A used PSP 1000, and PS Vita wifi/3G bundle with a 1-year PSPlus membership.

The only handheld gaming I've been doing over the last few years has been on an iPad. These are MUCH more fun.
by Mitsuzuki
Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gunlord (IndieGoGo WiiU 3DS Campaign)

Gunlord, one of the most recent independent Dreamcast games, is looking to come to Nintendo's platforms:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qK3UlmM5z7s

What do you think? Did you play the DC version? It was refreshing to have a new DC game that wasn't a side scrolling space shooter. I loved the Turrican/Metroid layout of the levels. Great soundtrack too. I wish NG Dev Team the best of luck. They do such a great job supporting the DC and Neo Geo, it would be nice to see them grow bigger and hit more platforms with their work. They're one of the few developers actually developing "classic" games. Not just modern games with a "retro" veneer.
by Ri_oh
Tue Sep 03, 2013 9:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Last couple Sonic games have been fantastic and think it's silly to always resort to bashing Sonic as the first insult people do to bash SEGA. SEGA could do better but the market these days for games is always pretty focused on more western games with more shooting,GTA or movie like titles.Tho yes a lot of Japanese companies have lost touch,mainly Square and Capcom but don't think SEGA is as out of touch a people make it to be. VC did poorly in the west,Yakuza did moderate to crap. The diva thing I agree is shit but also probably cheap to make and a quick return.

Also people pissing all over them for canning the new Golden Axe and IMO it looked terrible..like most of these 3D remake of classic games. No personalty and just blech. Also same with SoR canned game. SEGA is still looking to being those back but it seems they just want to find the right group to do it right not just the most flash. SEGA will never be SEGA of the 90's. They just can't in order to survive. They are not great but they are not Capcoms level yet.
by Bluecast
Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza series

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
Henry Spencer wrote:I mean, damn. Classic SEGA is well and truly buried at this point. :sad:

You never know. If I got my hands on those IPs they'd change alittle but they'd all get atleast one solid release.

#GiveSegataSanshiroJrTheShenmueLicense
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I could defo do a fast-paced NY State of Mind-sounding track.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It should be noted though that I gave up coz I was using a PowerMac G4 at the time and the number of processes just killed the app on play. I'm certain I've still got it though, and not only will I use it for this, I might end up finishing what I started.
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Phantasy Star Online Episode III -- such an underrated game!
by Thief
Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dragon Slayer-Legend of Heroes-TITS series

Oh. Well then I must have read it wrong or the site reported it wrong. I'm a goof.
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I know and Vita isn't selling like hotcakes. Just in order to buy it digitally not only the 40$ but then if on PC then have to buy a 360 controller for PC,if on PSP I have to get a new battery and a new memory stick. If Vita a bigger memory card. So digital only brings up problems for me where as a Vita physical release I could just play. I know the reasons why they did digital...I just don't like it and just makes it harder for me.

BTW now my sig and avatar have a monocle and stache just because.
by Bluecast
Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

My Playstation Home avatar.

http://i.imgur.com/K7cEYYg.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/o1Q3qvD.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Pf4aYks.jpg

My pad in Home.

http://i.imgur.com/47QlbQR.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/yFRZEO4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4rSPSSI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/OnQGElv.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0j7Qd4u.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/16IWODt.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/3pXmBch.jpg

My favorite place in Home.

http://i.imgur.com/A5F0oBb.jpg
by Kenny
Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS Vita slim announced

OLED>>>>LCD

People will see the difference for themselves when they buy the new model though. Such a shame that this new model doesn't use the OLED screen, otherwise it'd be perfect.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

During a design meeting for Beatdown City the subject of money came up. At which point shawn made the best point ever on the subject.

"People treat games are like Milli Vanilli, but they need to realize they're like Wu-Tang"

I just realized some people might not get that comparison.

Milli Vanilli made a lot of money off one song, but it was found that they were just a big scam. Thats what a lot of companies are trying to get away with, they're trying to just keep cutting cost and dressing the product up as much as they can, this is where we get tons of mobile games or stuff thats like 3 hours long but has amazing visuals.

Wu-tang has a fucking story, those who don't know it should pick up "The Tao of Wu" great book about what its like growing up in NY, but to keep it short a group of teenagers does a ton of work and takes risks (like laundering money for gangs) to try and make it big, and as a group was massively successful, and each member of the group was massively successful.

Its basically a story of making a quick buck against putting everything you have into your creative work. Making as much money as possible in as short amount of time isn't actually what the goal should be, but instead building something can sustain itself and constantly providing a service.

I was just having this discussion the other day. Nothing about Milli Vanilli or Wu Tang but the fact you have to think of the long-term. You COULD make lots of money now ("Easy Come, Easy Go") but I rather have something that makes an income in the long term.

Interestingly, RZA in particular is a writer/director/actor and only just recently made it making big time features. But he branched out, experimented, and found out what works for him.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To celebrate the DC's birthday I've been playing PSO for the past few hours. It served as a reminder that PSO2 is STILL not over here. Yeah I have played with the "English patch" but it isn't as good as it sounds. Better than nothing, but you just can't fully enjoy a game like PSO2 with it not being in your native tongue. I want to play the hell out of the game and give them my money, but I can't. SEGA makes me ](*,)
by Raithos
Mon Sep 09, 2013 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A wise man once said...

"I love Tits for a lot of reasons. The size, the feel, there are so many reasons, but there are two points that seem to stand out to me."
by Raithos
Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grand Theft Auto V

so who's down for some GTA5 multiplayer? apparently we're going to need up to 16 players to complete some of the online missions
by south carmain
Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: People on the Dojo that you think would make a nice coup

phpBB [video]
by Sonikku
Fri Aug 30, 2013 11:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote: I just tend to take anything S-E says about hardships with a grain of salt. After all the stuff I've seen of how that company works I truly believe stories like the one about Fortress.

by Bluecast
Sat Sep 14, 2013 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For me it's not about doing it cause it's "all about equality" and all that crap. It's all about doing it cause no one else is doing it, it's a ripe world of storytelling that's not being done. So when it is, it'll be fresh and exciting.

That's why I liked San Andreas. I played CJ, a black dude from the hood. I mean italian mobsters are cool and all but I liked doing things from another perspective. Yes, forcing things on people is never a good idea. That we can agree with. But really, if you want to restrict your creativity to such a degree you're going to wind up becoming stale. Maybe I like the idea so much of a female protag because I'm not restricting myself to just one idea, i'm always coming up with loads of different stuff that is unrelated to each other.

I'll be honest, I think the vast majority of the time it doesn't make the damnedest bit of difference to a story whether a character is female or male (or anything in-between). The only real difference between men and women are arbitrary physical ones. Most characters in most stories could change sex and be exactly the same.

It would make a difference. Lara Croft and Nathan Drake are adventurers, but switch them out in their respective games and you won't get the same thing.

The trials and tribulations of a male drug dealer is going to be different from a female drug dealer, even if it's down to the smallest details. But those small details make the entire journey that much more exciting cause it's always thrilling to see the side of a world you never thought was possible. I think it's also a case of being scared to try something different for fear of fanbase backlash.
by Kenny
Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's because they have different personalities. Were Lara a lovable roguish treasure hunter with a penchant for quips, then yes, it would be the same thing. Changing one's gender doesn't change their personality. It might change that character's experience of society, but how many games portray a woman's experience of society in any meaningful way? Saints Row sure doesn't and nor do earlier Tomb Raider games, thus sex type has no significant impact on the stories of those games. I suppose you could argue that the latest Tomb Raider has the threat of sexual abuse in it, but even then you could have a Deliverance style scenario and end up with the same result, though I agree it is less likely.

This nullifies your point. Can't see it happening to Nathan Drake. Not because it's impossible but because of the way society portrays these types of situations. It's a stingy scene, I admit, and there could be way better examples but this is what I was referring to.

Maybe, but in most films with female drug lords I've seen, it really does come down to the smallest insignificant details that more often than not equate to *shock* "whoa the badass drug barron is really a hot female" *shock* kind of thing. Did Salma Hayek in Savage make the film any fresher or exciting? No, not really. You could leave everything the same except giving her a sex change, you'd get the same result. Likewise, Scarface would be just as good if Tony were a woman.

That's not to say that you can't have a film or book or game about a female drug dealer that explores the womanhood of the character in a meaningful and interesting way. But for the most part I stand by what I said.

That's the key problem here. They just put a badass hot woman in there just to have a hot woman in there. More than likely they had no idea what to do with her character other than to show off some eye candy. I recently saw an interview with Jewel Staite and she explained the difference between her character Kaylee on Firefly and Dr. Keller on Stargate: Atlantis is that Kaylee is an intelligent, brave, badass woman and Dr. Keller is insecure, scared, and constantly in peril.

Joss Whedon thinks outside the box and does what others are not really doing. That's why he ultimately did Avengers, on top of being supremely good at what he does (in spite of my reservations of his directing).

But my argument is not to FORCE change, it's to CONSIDER it. If the head writer can't do it, what about one of the other writers who may have a really good idea that can be integrated?

Though I also get the argument being said: people play GTA to blow shit up. They don't give a flying fuck about the clearly satirical over-the-top storyline, but hey I enjoy it. :P
by Kenny
Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: GEN 2 GEN my Youtube channel

:lol:

phpBB [video]
by Bluecast
Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:Wu-tang has a fucking story, those who don't know it should pick up "The Tao of Wu" great book about what its like growing up in NY

Yeah, got it, the sequel-of-sorts to the Wu-Tang Manual (a book which has had more influence on my life than anything... ever)
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA has purchased Atlus

All I know is this, its the end of atlus as we know it. Even if that only means that they are under different ownership, they will be different after this, and Sega will have a different agenda for atlus once they acquire them. Its very unlikely Sega will run atlus the way Index did, thats what started this fiasco in the first place, expect changes, Sega is going to have to man the task of making Atlus profitable again. Only way to do that might be cell phone and tablet social media bullshit. Who gives a crap about the pachinko games? Thats only in japan and doesnt really concern most of us here on these forums. Not to mention apparently they have been making them as Segatas video shows. We will have to wait and see the severity of the situation, but its obviously not a good one, but atleast atlus still exists, well maybe.
by AnimeGamer183
Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA has purchased Atlus

^The only way I see it arriving in the west would be if SEGA find themselves in a comfortable position again after experiencing sustainable growth for an extended period of time and regain confidence in the console market which isn't forecast to be any time soon.

Or the most optimistic outcome, Sega uses Atlus USA to localize their Japan titles too.
by JustRiffled
Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

say "knockoff" even once. That automatically has negative connotations.

AH ok gotcha you are judging Rime with negative connotations before it comes out just like Lost in Shadow because they are "knockoffs" even tho LiS isn't but before playing Rime we already know it is. it's not a clone....because we like clones but we hate knockoffs. Got it.
by Bluecast
Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SINGLE PLAYER GAMER (updated November 11)

I might not be the best kind of channel for it, honestly. My videos are always just based on my moods and whims (which is why it's rare to hear me criticize a game too harshly in them; I wait until I really feel like covering a game I love, and go from there). In light of that, it could be a long time before I even get around to it. Or if I force myself, I might not be in the right kind of groove, and might not cover it properly.
I want to play it, I just don't want to do it any kind of in justice.
by OL
Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News

phpBB [video]
by Axm
Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Small Tidbit Gaming News

Oh yeah I forgot RE5 had problems too.

Segata Sanshiro Jr. wrote:
So this thing is happening.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nu ... beat-em-up

Nice man, backed! Here's to hoping for a Vita/Digital OST tier
by Raithos
Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Irrational Games (BioShock, System Shock) is shutting do

^He is.

I mean, I hated it. But I might not be a very good journalist. The news that Irrational would effectively close, laying off its staff, leaving Levine to start a new endeavor with just 15 former Irrational members and a flat hierarchy, came as a surprise to me -- and that's even though someone told me it could happen, a year ago.

I didn't report it. I don't report a lot of things people tell me in confidence about what goes on at their jobs. Digging around in dirty laundry and in open wounds is complicated. The value of the story to those who will read it has to be worth the net risk. There's the risk you're dead wrong: you can't just write an article based on what you heard from one friend or one colleague and present it as fact, just because you believe it. People have to be willing to corroborate, and they have to be willing to do it on the record. Otherwise it's not reporting, it's rumor-mongering. It's irresponsible.

No one talks to the games press officially. I wish they did, but I get it. They want to keep their jobs. Let's just say multiple people within a studio were willing to risk their careers to confirm to me that yes, in fact, if their game didn't sell extremely well, like exponentially more than its predecessor or "well" according to a matrix of time and cost investment and desired profit, that their studio would be closed in a year.

What good does it do anyone, the story about the conditional but likely imminent closure? Who does it help and serve? What good does it do to risk my friends' jobs and their confidence to patch together the plausible but potentially biased story about all the extra unfinished or un-implemented content from the wildly over-budget and over-scope game? The story about the high stress, the high turnover, the difficult-to-work-with creative lead?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/211139/Irrational_Games_journalism_and_airing_dirty_laundry.php

tl;dr version - They (2K) were were threatening to close the studio over a year ago if BioShock Infinite didn't sell "exponentially more than its predecessor"...

Plus, the original art director of BioShock Infinite left a couple of years ago, along with some of the other design team. No doubt Levine wasn't letting the designers and artists actually do their job. The guy is notoriously hard to work with, it seems.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Feb 20, 2014 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

killzone: Shadowfall (PS4)
MY GOD i remember now why i hate first person shooters so much. i only bought this for an excuse to use my PS4. you just run around with a gun and shoot shit. thats it. no brain power or imagination required. point and shoot. teh gwaphics are gwood tho......
by Perfect_Chaos
Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic