Search found 341 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts

When you find out that they're actually turning the frogs gay, and john oliver ended up redpiling you.

I really want out, this seems like a no end street.
by shredingskin
Wed Feb 15, 2017 1:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Oh noes muh feelings!!! $@$@$!
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really makes you think.
by shredingskin
Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

I recieved a mail that they have my switch to be picked up, I already got zelda, so let´s see how is everything going.

I also got the ps4 pro with horizon, pretty good game so far (I gave it around 4 hours at a leisure pace). I´ll try to get TLG, FFXV and yakuza 0 (hopefully used, it´s gonna make a really big toll on my wallet).
by shredingskin
Fri Mar 10, 2017 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

I had the same problem of hoarding but with food, but that's a matter of personality.

Zelda is FULL of good weapons, just start killing difficult stuff.

To me it doesn't discourages fighting, it encourages a lot. You want a good weapon ? Kill someone with a good weapon. Afraid of losing the weapon you have ? Try sneaking, bombs, physics, stasis, elements, etc. It keeps it fresh and difficult at the same time.

We all know that "stick to what I want to use" means one of each the biggest stats things in the game, and it's what most games do, it does bring some of the problems I talked before. After a while you'll have 10 amazing weapons in no time, you might need more inventory, so start hunting seeds... it's a whole cycle that the weapons fragility works together to make the game as addicting as it is (at least to me, and I guess a lot more people).

Again look at the other choices other games make, you find them more compelling to what zelda does ? Is there any other game that feels as open as this one ?

Really think of the game if the weapons didn't break. Just find a good weapon in the first hour and be OP the whole game, then you don't really have any incentive to kill anything bigger, nor anything shittier, nor explore because you already have your "cool reward".

I think comparing it to other games really makes you appreciate it even more. But alas, it's a matter of taste.
To me the twist is genius, and what might seem like an annoyance, is a pillar the keep the game moving forward.
by shredingskin
Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ju0st finished the game. Amazing experience just wow.

The ending may not be the high n9te of the game but the whole game is. So no complains.

FUC king goron city.
by shredingskin
Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How do you make each player play with a joycon ??

EDIT> Didn't know you had to configure each joycon in the switch home as standalone.

This is fukken awesome, This is the power of the switch :P

About the pro controller, is a feature both ps4 and xbone have, and all the news say "it works", kinda dissapointed, never said nintendo conned me or anything. And let's agree it's not like asking for an unicorn to suck my dick, it's kinda standard this gen.
by shredingskin
Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anecdotes About Yu Suzuki From Yuji Naka | DenFamiNicoGa

I really don't understand why YS got mad, but great stuff Switch !
by shredingskin
Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

No problem, post it here, I've tried all I can xD

Enjoy your 1080 !!
by shredingskin
Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Advice needed: Testing the JRPG waters again

I'll go with persona 5 even if I didn't play it.

Persona games are always great (albeit they tend to have quite a bit of grinding, nothing new to jrpgs).
by shredingskin
Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is anyone else a stalker in SHenmue?

I'm the only one that thinks Yuki is vomiting while he;s on suzume park ?
by shredingskin
Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

phpBB [video]
by shredingskin
Thu May 04, 2017 7:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The world is full of such amazing stuff that it's a shame to spend that much time looking at shitty news and giving me a freaking headache for nothing.

From now on I'll try to shove negative stuff away.

Now I'm waiting to see if there's a battle between free speechers and antifa :oops: :oops:

Best wishes to Aimless Gamer.
by shredingskin
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66 - Yu-san on story-building

Switch wrote:Image

I'm glad Ryo will kill fucking Randi.
by shredingskin
Mon May 01, 2017 5:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

Should we sacrifice some goats just in case ?
by shredingskin
Wed May 03, 2017 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 due to ship along side Super Mario Odysee a wo

Shenmue_Trilogy wrote: You telling me shenmue 3 will be shipped in 5-6 months? :mrgreen: ...no way. I am 100% sure it will be delayed.

Maybe E3 will surprise us.
by shredingskin
Thu May 04, 2017 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

I can't fucking wait for twin peaks, even I think it'll suck.
by shredingskin
Tue May 09, 2017 10:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does anyone think Sly 5 will get announced at E3 2017?

This is a Shenmue forum, we only discuss Shenmue and Shenmue accesories.
by shredingskin
Sat May 13, 2017 7:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It might be that Cedric has no direct operational involvement with S3 and only has a vague idea what's really going on operations-wise.

Maybe he doesn't want to spoil anything. Like really, Sony got kinda mad when YS tweeted the forklift.

It's less than a month away. We'll find out soon enough (not only that, thanks to the 10000 bucks people we got "insider" info that the game is flowing well).

Like really, saying yes or no it's not a good strategy (if he knew). It's good enough that he replies to fans directly.
by shredingskin
Sun May 14, 2017 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Death

Not really afraid of death, but afraid it might come and I didn't lived "to the full extent", and that realisation keeps getting stronger by the day.
by shredingskin
Tue May 16, 2017 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The guy is bald, Dou Niu reference ??????

What does that mean ???????
by shredingskin
Wed May 17, 2017 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Who am I trolling ? Is just a little fun.

Stop being so tense, we're still almost a month away.
by shredingskin
Wed May 17, 2017 5:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lol kintor you're such a fanboy.

And yes, sonic has sucked for more year than he was great.

The only fucking thing I said is that those 6 exclusives games in a year make it a great lineup.

Do you need money for the bra to calm your tits ?? :P :P
by shredingskin
Thu May 18, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Flagship we're talking about a 15 years old game, we're not talking about tech above all.

It's about what would be cool changes to do to bring the best version of the games they can be (while not being a remake).

Also if it's coming to PC (very probably) they do care about it from a consumer perspective (some of them have pcs worth thousands and want games to take advante of that), so making a good remake will make more people interested.

And I agree that tech is not all, heck, the more realistic the games are made, the less people will care because the difference in graphics will be negligible (and that's why performance it's such a deal today). Good games will still be good games (just look at Zelda BotW), but if we're asking, why not ask for the best possible version ?
by shredingskin
Thu May 18, 2017 4:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:
The "when" is too important to just wait patiently now.

Ok, tomorrow I'll grab my katana and march towards... (!?)
by shredingskin
Mon May 22, 2017 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YS already had a scaleable project depending on money raised, so I suppose they were focused from the beginning on what could be achiveable and what was not (even though I think that they probably found UE to be very comprehensive engine, quite good for designers with many answers right out of the box).

Different teams, different projects, different times.

Of course, it would really make me stop worrying to see the state of the game.
by shredingskin
Tue May 23, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Man, I actually don't read your posts, you're just a fanboy, but ok, just once.

- What's the market of the switch ? People who want a powerful enough dedicated console/portable with multiplayer posibilities right out of the box.

- About smartphones ? Have a look at the Switch library in 5 months, and like 4 years of cellphones, people just don't really make hardcore games for phones, that's pretty much it (and if you want to play you have to use an external controller). Maybe that will change with phoneVR, but who would call a headset + joysticks "portable" ?

- Nintendo have had their fair share of problems with third parties (and consoles flooded with shovelware), will the switch change that ? Who the fuck knows, the market is the one that ends up speaking, and it looks like the switch it's the new hot thing and the game attach ratio for now seems pretty high. Also the hardware it's quite compatible with newer releases, so porting should not be that much of a problem.

At the end of the day, I'm actually really liking the Switch, when they announced it seemed some sort of weird tablet thing, neither portable nor a full fledged console, but I bought into the hype, and I'm loving it. There's not much to it. Nintendo it's pretty much the best all-around developer there is to this day, if they keep the momentum, at least it will have a bunch of really good games.

I don;t know if Nintendo touched you in your sleep, but really calm your tits, don't know what's your problem.
It's a neat console, and most importantly it's a fucking new concept in the industry that +10 years consoles have been just a lowgrade pc with paid exclusive games. If you really want to talk about "what is the place for X" you should ask pretty much anything else but the switch.
by shredingskin
Sat May 27, 2017 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yup, I'm an idiot for playing good games on a good console with good controls instead of playing on a little screen freemium games on a touch screen. You really got me there... Not only that, people don't judge you ! How could I be so deluded !

Have you grabbed a switch at least ? Have tried playing 1vs1 with the joycons ? Go and try it somewhere, it's just a neat console with a unique concept.
by shredingskin
Sat May 27, 2017 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

At fucking last I got the last shrine.

Time to let Zelda take a vacation till the dlcs pop up.
by shredingskin
Fri May 26, 2017 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bluecast wrote:ARMS actually looks pretty damn good for a game that takes from Virtual On.

Meanwhile at SEGA:

by shredingskin
Sun May 28, 2017 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

Doesn't it look a bit cartoony ?? Even the shader looks similar to SFV...

WTF about no E3 again... I guess this means no december 2017.
by shredingskin
Sun May 28, 2017 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There's the regular directional light, and there's a city skybox that affects the global illumination...

I don't know, I hope they find the key in the artstyle, I hope it doesn't fall in the inbetween like some games that feels off (I'm remembering the saint seiya game).

TBH I'm not really feeling it, specially since most of the enviroments we have been seeing were pretty realistic, who knows, too far/too little to get a picture.
by shredingskin
Mon May 29, 2017 12:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New official survey from Sega

Done, but Seaman for mobile would fit extremely well.
by shredingskin
Tue May 30, 2017 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Platinum Games Head Producer Atsushi Inaba recently spoke with Famitsu at A 5th of Bit Summit who talks about how much he is enjoying playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on his Switch and how it is also a good fit for indie games and for future games. Onto how the Switch fits in with Platinum Games plans…

How’s the compatibility with Platinum Games?

“I think it’s good. We’ve also already declared we’re going to participate. During the announcement event of Nintendo Switch, there’s the Platinum Games logo showing up secretly.’

Is something happening?

"We’re creating it, you know. I think it’s going to be interesting.”

Okey, bring it on.
by shredingskin
Tue May 30, 2017 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People who aren't satisfied with the model, can you elaborate in detail why? Most of the posts I've read were "It doesn't feel like Shenmue" or "It's too cartoony"... I'm trying to understand why people would think so, and the only thing I can see is the skin shader being a little plasticky... That's pretty much it. And that is something that can easily be improved.

It's all subjective, since it's a matter of taste, but for me:
Bad skin shader (also hair) and a little bit too much over the top facial expression (very cartoony), and body proportions (really, he looks like hugo from SF, and that's a comically big character, not even dou niu has those kind of proportions) but mostly the fear that this type of look is what they are aiming for (I know we still don't know, but it's pretty much the most "tangible" thing we actually have to talk about as for today).

I don't understand a lot of people saying they love the character, "this is what was always supposed to look like", and then saying "obviously it's still in development and they'll fix it"... Is it the way it should look like or is it very early wip ?? :lol:
by shredingskin
Tue May 30, 2017 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YSNET don't read these boards so why people are getting into an uproar over the style of a prototype is beyond me.

Because it's a discussion forum about Shenmue ? What else are we supposed to do if not talk about Shenmue ?

What do you expect the conversation to be ?

NEW SHENMUE III FOOTAGE
- That's a video.
- Indeed it is.
- Well spotted.

People talking about how the footage looks it's pretty much the first thing that comes to mind.
by shredingskin
Wed May 31, 2017 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That we can talk about it all we want and it won't change the actual development.

Asking why people discuss the footage... Being in a forum it's pretty selfexplanatory.

Like really how do you expect people to react: everyone saying "Yu knows" ?? We already know that YS knows how to make videogames, we just share our opinions.
by shredingskin
Wed May 31, 2017 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at

I'm leaning to "not Shenmue" since the numbers on the upper right side is the time, and those mark 42 minutes and 1h19m, so it looks like a movie he's working on. Doesn't make sense to work with timing like that for a game where it's divided in loops and cues/cutscenes.
by shredingskin
Wed May 31, 2017 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

It's a hard thread to respond to, but I'll try anyway, and trying to keep a pragmatist approach.

You seem quite a clever person that can acquire some of the skils that are needed in the developing world. Trying to apply to some writing editorials, even for free, might be a start. While what you wrote feels like purely raw emotion, I think it's a quite engaging reading and you it's something most people don't have (really, I've known various writers). Maybe in your spare time trying to work on some portfolio and trying to make creative stuff to sublimate your anger might be better than just keeping it to yourself.

Also you seem to have a knack for tech, there are a lot of free resources to learn (and your best bet is trying to rely on your creations), you never know what can happen to that (specially in tech, that it's quite an achievement industry). Might seem like running in circles, but at least having certain projects in mind, and pushing anger towards other things beside yourself can be gratifying, and at the end you'll at least have something built.

And really sometimes you just need a lucky hit, if you keep trying there's a chance that one of those seeds will grow. It's hard as fuck, specially when you're on a spiraling mindset, and everyway you rationalize it leads you further the downstairs, and every time you try to walk seems like the glass is just ready to shatter, but it's the only way actually trying to stop it as far as I see it. Some people just need to catch a fucking break, I don't know why (maybe because your writing moved me), but I really think you will get at least one good shot at something.

I really can't relate to your problems, I feel totally the other way around, that even while I wasn't never "bad" to anyone I just prefer to push people away, I had a lot of chances and I wasted them, and to me it's amazing that people actually care enough for your well being. THB there were LOTS of nights that I hoped I would not wake up, and the only thing that kept me from doing anything rash was thinking that it's my only chance and trying to make it better will always be a better outcome than cutting it short.
by shredingskin
Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

In other news 3d sonic still looks like shit, but people get exited thinking it'll be it's big comeback.
It's not hard to understand why people are excited about Sonic Forces. This game is a successor to Sonic Generations, one of the most popular Sonic games in the last decade. A continuation of that well received gameplay, with the addition of the character creator to keep things fresh, is a smart move for Sega to make.

People ALWAYS get exited about Sonic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc7bgh-qFFg
This looks like shit.
by shredingskin
Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

Let me deflate that hype for you:
by shredingskin
Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2017 - Games, dates & rumors

The Mario Odyssey trailer was weird hype as fuck transforming awesomeness.
Working on a mainline pokemon for switch.
Metroid prime 4
Xenoblade 2 2017
Kirby
Yoshi

And the games we knew (but with rocket league added).
by shredingskin
Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kintor wrote: This 'Metroid Prime 4' might as well not exist

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) But it does ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
by shredingskin
Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yes, the best company around. It's not only a multinational that makes games that are not shitty sonics, it's also the friend, the caring mother, the lover, the cheese of the nachos.

I know what you mean.
by shredingskin
Wed Jun 14, 2017 3:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic