Search found 93 matches

Return

Re: Some serious backlash incoming in re: S3 KS campaign

Then they should go after Sony, not Yu Suzuki and Shenmue 3. They know how much the fans have wanted it. They can fuck right off.
by elmatto
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo looking chubby

Jawline, not chub :P
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spread this Escapist article - Understanding Sony's Role

Post it on reddit, facebook, twitter, share it on forums. We need to kill this misinformation.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -Shenmue-3
by Himuro
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PS4 Physical Copy Issue

Gamers... Ugh... I've never understood the need to have a physical copy of a game. I wonder if any of those refusing to pledge because of it have ever purchased a game on the App Store...
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

I cannot realistically call someone who won't put down more money because there's no physical ps4 copy a Shenmue fan. No elitism here, but it's how I feel. I'm putting in overtime so I can hopefully afford the 170 tier just so I can show Suzuki how much I love him and vision.

I agree with this, how on earth, when as Shenmue fans, this is our time to prove how much we love the series and want to make sure it's the best it can be, alot of us are holding back because of a lack of a physical PS4?? You would get a physical PC version anyways, so there's no worry about digital content being lost, and you're helping the game to be the best it can be before it's made. Once it's released and Sony ultimately release a physical copy in 2 and a half years time, you won't even be in a position to be worried about having already previously spent a larger amount of money on Shenmue 3, because obviously you'll be in a different financial state anyways, and you'll see that everyones best efforts went into and created the best possible version of Shenmue 3 that could have been made. Please don't hold back, think of it as a 14 year investment, and push a much as you realistically can, you can always re-earn money, obviously don't completely shaft yourself and put you in a bad position, but if you've pledged $29 and you're not willing to double it because of something mundane like a physical ps4, just double it man, if you can, you should, it's the only chance we have, and the only time you'll be able to prove that this is the game we deserve.
by James Brown
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I cannot realistically call someone who won't put down more money because there's no physical ps4 copy a Shenmue fan. No elitism here, but it's how I feel. I'm putting in overtime so I can hopefully afford the 170 tier just so I can show Suzuki how much I love him and vision.
by Himuro
Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't believe people still care about things such as time to install, having a box, etc when we are talking about FUCKING SHENMUE III!! Man, how quick the dust settles... Go back to the cave, take some time to look at the no exit sign, then come back and discuss preference. Pledge or gtfo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Sat Jun 20, 2015 11:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thief wrote: Ok, let's be real here for a second.

The reality here is 14 years since the last title. There's no real excuse for anyone claiming to love Shenmue not to pledge at least something to keep the franchise alive.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Just increased my pledge from $510 to $630. :heart:
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in for the $29, but I'll be upping to $60 on the 3rd to help the push.

I wish the physical copy to resemble the dreamcast casing or have the same size so they can all sit next together on the shelf. (not sure if that's gonna be the case though, but the image at the $60 tier may not be final)
by Ealynn
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I sold something from my collection too. Hurts to let it go but 200€ for one Mega Drive game were definately worth it. Can pick that up again sometime later. Now I only need to wait until the it'ss transfered and I can finally pledge.
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm on a $120 pledge right now. I will probably push it north of $200 before the KS end.

As a member who seldom posts/visits, I am astonished at how strong the community still is here - after all this time. Inspiring stuff.
by flattie018
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A long time friend (and gaming friend) came round mine last night and we were talking about Shenmue and memories of it pretty much for the 2 hours he was round non stop.

He was fairly against backing the kickstarter for various reasons but after we spoke about it and I explained everything in detail he changed his mind. Hes going to back it on his pay day at the end of the month and even said he wants to donate £100 worth as he realises how much he wants Shenmue 3.

I just wish kickstarter was better explained for people like my mate
by spinksy
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have pledged $530 since the campaign started, and will likely be donating as much as $1000 before the campaign is over.
by bikingjehuty
Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I pledged $300. May take it up to $500, depending on finances closer to the end of the campaign.
by SickOctopus
Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I pledged $300, if I have any extra to add to that total before July 17th, I will.
by Coral Glow
Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just a note that i removed my previous pledge and currently havent made a pledge yet. I am going to wait until the end of the Kickstarter to see what tiers are final, and what opportunities are available, I am hoping there are extra dinner slots for the 10,000 tier made available.
by Peter
Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Twitter push to reach $10 Million! | #10MillionToShenmue3

Yu Suzuki just dropped this bombshell:

http://i.imgur.com/Zgf3BSh.png

So unless you guys want to play Shenmue 3-lite, then we gotta push this to $10 Million, in anyway we can. So I thought we could take advantage of the social media to help with that.

#10MillionToShenmue3

In this hashtag, we will focus on the following:

- Explain that Yu Suzuki needs at least $10M from Kickstarter funding to make Shenmue 3 the proper Open World experience we all knew and loved.

- Clear the misunderstanding that Sony is footing the bill for the project, more information here .

- Overall promote the Shenmue series so that it might catch the interest of non-fans.

What say you? Am I going to find some energy here? or just cynicism? If this hashtags catches on, I'll create graphics like Avatars and sigs to help promote it.

#10MillionToShenmue3

http://i.imgur.com/Uc2fJTu.png
http://i.imgur.com/XM4orE7.png
http://i.imgur.com/FM9zdNy.png
by Rikitatsu
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

If we put together these three hashtags on twitter over the next few days, I think it will be really effective:

#saveshenmue #10MillionToShenmue3 and #30onthe3rd

In your tweets try to succinctly explain what 30 on the 3rd will do.

Ie: "If everyone who has donated added $30 on July 3rd, we'd add over a million to #Shenmue3's #kickstarter. #10MillionToShenmue3 #30onthe3rd" that's under 140 characters, so go ahead and use that if you need to. I dropped #saveshenmue, but you could easily swap that with #10milliontoshenmue3.
by jay_mack
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shuhei Yoshida Contributed $29 to Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

$29 more than people crying about physical copies for the PS4.
by Yama
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

New $30 on the 3rd banners by Ricardo Valverde.

by Ziming
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

i wonder if the guys at AJ realize that they are managing the fate of a 50+ million dollar franchise with this KS campaign !? shenmue is the long lost holy grail of the gaming industry, not some cute little indie game.. its surreal and disturbing to see how unprofessionally they are handling this. its almost like there is a conspiracy at work to sabotage the project. the twitch Q&A (which wasnt a Q&A at all, there was no interaction with the viewers) was TWILIGHT ZONE material.
by 8bitRyo
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GOG wishlist for Shenmue III

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shenmue_3
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shenmue
http://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/shenmue_ii

So GOG it's pretty much the second PC gaming store, and a big hub for pc gamers.

It's DRM free, and usually offers some cool digital goodies.

To be honest it's my prefered platform for PC games, and voting there can get some newcomers to the franchise, specially for pc gamers that don't even know the franchise (that also like old games, that was GOG's target).
by shredingskin
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic