Search found 343 matches

Return

Re: Post your best!

I just saw your replies and recorded a couple of unsuccessful attempts. :lol:

I'll post a success video soon, I just can't play too many attempts in one sitting because of the long and unskippable "Me work for Lan Di, that's my dream!" cutscene.[/color]

I didn't think you would go for the trouble as I was just teasing lol. It's already great your attempt video btw!

Demon Drop cheese, that's exactly what I did too. :rotflmao:

I counted 4-6 hits in that video, depending on how you count that sweeping kick Chai does. Keep at it!

The funny thing is that throws never crossed my mind while fighting Chai lol. I always went for low kicks as it was always the safest way to beat him.
by sand4fish
Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OUYE - A new console on the horizon

http://s10.postimg.org/ypjeq0xft/Untitled.png

Anyone looking for an integration of PS4 and Xbox One (at least in appearance), so we can end all fanboy console wars, there's a new crowdfunding for a Chinese game console named OUYE.

Here are the details:

-This is an Android Micro Console being developed by a Shenzhen company

- It will be a bit more powerful than the Ouya but the specs are a bit dated.

-Kickstarter will open later this month with $15k as the target goal

-Console is expected to cost around $70 to buy with one controller

-The console has had negative feedback from Chinese netizens because this rip off is very very blatant.

-The company said it took them 1 year and 3 months to get this product ready to ship and they spent “6 months on the unique design”..... yes.... unique design.

It might be a surprise to some, but China has a long history developing their own gaming consoles, as seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouTASMO-Sxw
by sand4fish
Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

While I wait for Shenmue 3 or the HD ports.

by sand4fish
Sat Aug 29, 2015 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote Ryo For Super Smash Bros!

:mrgreen: (doing what i do best, thinking for myself, and going against group-think!)
sorry, not down with this idea at all.
i'm just too old-skool and long in the tooth to like the idea.
ryo on SSB?
what's next? cats and dogs living together, merlins and doves getting along? :lol:
no way, SSB and shenmue are two totally different entities (ryo in this case) and i would see it as a portent to (new) fan service and the dissolution to the shenmue franchise. (pissing on the ip would better explain it.)
god, NO! :mad:
[edit]
corrections.

I respect your opinion. Though I believe no matter what you feel about this, having Ryo in the Smash Bros character roster would greatly help the chances of Shenmue 3 actually succeeding financially when the game comes out. At this stage I would not be against Ryo being featured even in a Mortal Kombat game, as these special appearances only got to help increase the character's popularity and in no circumstance they affect Yu Suzuki's core vision for the Shenmue series.
by sand4fish
Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Guess the game 2

Dragon Slayer The Legend of Heroes for MD.

Nostalgia bug, so now here I go:
Game initially released in the late cycle of the 16 bit era. Not quite a JRPG.
http://s7.postimg.org/k03dxhpln/y_qrn_901.png

EDIT: Additional hints - SFC title released in 1996. It had a Sega release as well later on.
by sand4fish
Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: my shenmue tattoo

Awesome tattoos, specially the Chi You Men one!
by sand4fish
Thu Sep 17, 2015 3:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Konami Ceases Development On Console Games

Though bound to happen, it's still a sad day in videogame history.

Well, at least the MGS series will not be more than pachinko machines if anything, rather than seeing it fall to other studios like what happened to Silent Hill and Castlevania.
by sand4fish
Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

SMDzero wrote: I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4

Yep, words are cheap so I went on and bought a PS4 system as well. :D
by sand4fish
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

How about the Shenmue community makes a card with our names or whatever signed on it and then send it to Sony HQ?

You can count me in! Though it might be a bit hard having everyone physically sign the same card, we could have everyone write their own cards, someone to collect them all and send them in nice box or something.
by sand4fish
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki is in Project X Zone 2?

For years most rumors have been no more than smoke, but this year apparently is the year of Shenmue.

By the way this is likely to be genuine as it appears that the source of the screenshots comes directly from Namco-Bandai Korea, being that the game will be launched there this December.
by sand4fish
Thu Sep 24, 2015 8:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki is in Project X Zone 2?

Hyo Razuki wrote:I'm not really into gaming (anymore). Is this a PS4 game? Would be a nice appearance for Ryo if this was true.

It's an exclusive Nintendo 3DS title. I would say it's an action-strategy game with a huge roster of characters crossover from Sega, Namco Bandai, Nintendo and Capcom universe.
by sand4fish
Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video Game Quotes you like.

Deadly Premonition is pretty much a quote machine. Here's a classic one:

"Did you see that, Zach? Clear as a crisp spring morning. FK...in the coffee!"

phpBB [video]

by sand4fish
Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Chris Cornell's song is awesome, but the best Bond theme IMO is Paul McCartney's Live and Let Die!

phpBB [video]
by sand4fish
Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Halloween is coming... Let's see what the fuss is all about with these titles:

by sand4fish
Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Prototype

I really hope whoever bought the GD-Rs will back up the data from the discs, for his own sake at least. Recordable media like DVD-Rs and GD-Rs use a dye that changes color or reflectivity when heated. There are many different type of dyes used in the industry, so they do not all have the same life expectancy.

But in short, GD-Rs will deteriorate over time and at a much faster rate than pressed Dreamcast games, specially in the case of the Shenmue beta discs sold in the auction as they already have scratches and scuffs, plus they have been labeled with what appears to be a marker-pen which solvents can slowly penetrate the reflective backing and dye layers, destroying the data as time goes by.
by sand4fish
Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It's shocking how many people don't know you can fight..

Look Zoltor, I'm not trying to call you a liar. But this is really hard to believe as there were many Shenmue completionists before you who painstakingly went through every nook and cranny of the game, without noticing the fight loop you refer to. I think it's natural for all of us to be a bit skeptical, so that's is why I ask you of any video or pics you might have of your incredible find because it's incredible to me.
by sand4fish
Mon Oct 05, 2015 9:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

God damn it I swear, if you don't document everything you do, and bookmark every page you ever visit on the net, there's always people like you, with the BS take of, SS/video or it didn't happen.

Hey this is no BS mate. This is a major find (if proven) as we all would be seeing a totally brand new scene from a decade and half old game, not mentioning the possibility of playing the game in a different way, skipping the alone training time altogether to master all moves. So requesting a documented proof is not unreasonable I believe.

After all, if I started telling everyone that I know a way Ryo could fight Lan Di inside the Dojo just before the bad ending kicks in, without providing even a single screenshot, would you just take it at face value?

PS edited.
http://nichegamer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dead-or-alive-5-04-07-15-3.png
by sand4fish
Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

^To David:

This guy on EBay is selling a set of the 5 TGS posters,including the Shenhua one.
You might want to ask him if he can sell you it individually. (Link below)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shenmue-Original-TGS-1999-5-POSTERS-SET-Japan-Tokyo-Game-Show-IN-FRANCE-VERY-RAR-/321818736018?hash=item4aede43592

The seller definitely won't part with them individually. Many tried, including myself =).

BTW, lovely collection David!
by sand4fish
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

As always, nothing better than pics/videos or it didn't happen.
by sand4fish
Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Videogame Series You're a Total Slut For

For me that would be the "metroidvanias". I hate the unnecessary backtracking and worse yet, the endless grinding of those games; and still I find myself killing the same enemies over and over, and looking forward to that 100% map and item completion (Major autism and ocd case here). Thanks Iga!
by sand4fish
Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

In the spirit of Halloween , I watched a horror movie... a great one for a change. It's called "It Follows" and it's totally awesome, one of the best in recent years. It has has an original premise, plays around with known genre troupes, contains parallel themes and it has an amazing atmospheric soundtrack to back all this.

But if anyone is checking this out, I recommend lowering your expectations as there's not much of jump scares or gory scenes. It's just not that kind of movie. Instead it's about tension and atmosphere.
by sand4fish
Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So much goodness inside a single disc.
by sand4fish
Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adding to your pledge

I'm absolutely certain that you will be able to upgrade your current pledge before the December deadline. I'm confident on this because I have backed many past projects on Kickstarter and all of them, with no exception, allowed me to have that option. It will be done through a survey sent to your email (the one registered on you KS account).

The Bloodstained KS for example has sent me a survey pretty recently and it allowed me to upgrade my current pledge. The only thing I find odd about the whole Shenmue Slacker Paypal campaign is that it has such an extremely short period of time, as some of the projects I have backed like 2 years ago are still accepting Paypal donations to this day.
by sand4fish
Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last dinner in Tokyo...

Hyo Razuki wrote: There's still one question we need to clarify: Is this Yu Suzuki's favorite t-shirt or is it his only t-shirt? :lol: 8)

You just have to open Ryo's wardrobe in the game and you'll find your answer.
by sand4fish
Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

LOL @ star wars newbies "ep 4 is dated" :lol:

But really though, ep 1 isnt as bad as people make it out to be. I personally think episode 2 is the worst of the prequels, 3 is the best, the prequels in general arent that bad to me either. I think some hardcore star wars fans pointed out certain things and brought down the prequels in general, outside of jar jar and the corny/badly acted attempt at romance in ep 2 its really not that bad imo.

I found difficult siting through episodes 1 and 2 TBH. If it wasn't for the brand name I wouldn't bother watching them at all. Now for episode 3 I revisited it recently and I actually liked it better than The Return of the Jedi. So to me Lucas finished strong in the end. Definitely no hate for the guy.
by sand4fish
Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9VdSj61rX20/maxresdefault.jpg

I got this for IOS. Never played it before, and I'm surprised how good it actually is as I was just trying to build myself for the big hype later this month.

PS. I developed real Jedi like skills playing the swoop racing through touchscreen. I dare anyone try it. Talk about challenge.
by sand4fish
Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

I still didn't get the chance to watch the new movie, but for this past month I've been trying the different Star Wars games I never played before. I finished up KOTOR recently and it was a pretty fun game, even though I wasn't immensely impressed by it (probably because I played too much Mass Effect and Dragon Age before it).

Now that I'm done with KOTOR I'm trying this one at the moment:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/40/Jedi_Outcast_pc_cover.jpg

The early levels were a bit slow for my taste, but once I got my hands on a lightsaber this game became the ultimate Jedi Simulator :D . I'm having such a good time with this game, and I still didn't touch the early Dark Forces series yet!
by sand4fish
Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Axm wrote: ^You should really play the two Force Unleased games if you haven't already. Really great Jedi games that make you feel powerful. And the art is brilliant. Will probably replay them soon myself.

I try them out some time, thanks! I heard the story was awesome.
by sand4fish
Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "Metal Gear Solid Creator Takes His Team and Leaves Kona

I'm aware I'm in the minority, but I love MGS Rising as well. It's definitely a underrated game. Platinum rarely if ever disappoints with their titles. I might say they are the best in the industry for action games.
by sand4fish
Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What did you all get for Christmas?

I got one of these from my girlfriend, an amazing seat to witness this legend next year:

by sand4fish
Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who are the most beautiful girls in gaming?

Blaze Fielding, the first female playable character I laid my eyes on.

by sand4fish
Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Must Have Games For Must Have Consoles

Sega Genesis
1. Super Shinobi
2. Streets of Rage 3
3. Herzog Zwei
4. Strider
5. Alien Soldier

SNES
1. Super Metroid
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario Kart
4. Fire Emblem Genealogy of War
5. Earthbound

PS1
1. Vagrant Story
2. Metal Gear Solid
3. Castlevania Symphony of the Night
4. Resident Evil
5. Tenchu

Dreamcast
1. Power Stone
2. Illbleed
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Resident Evil Code Veronica
5. Berserk Guts Rage

PS2
1. Metal Gear Solid 2
2. The Shadow of the Colossus
3. Ico
4. Deus Ex
5. Max Payne

PS3
1. Demon's Souls
2. Deadly Premonition Director's Cut
3. Metal Gear Solid 4
4. The Last of Us
5. Virtua Fighter 5
by sand4fish
Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II: The Movie

I downloaded your first movie off the youtube. Almost 8 gigs later, I watched it and every single second was worth it! Thanks so much for the work and I can't wait for this! :D
by sand4fish
Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue VR Forklift Simulator

SANLAB SimPro3, AKA Shenmue Forklift Simulator, at Gamescom 2016:

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

I'd love to put my countless hours on Shenmue's forklift segment to the test!

by sand4fish
Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II: The Movie

Let's appreciate the work done by Mr357. He didn't have to come up with the movie for us to begin with.

Hats off for the awesome job done here!
by sand4fish
Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

http://img.tradera.net/images/281/233076281_1993f2a9-f9b2-4781-96cb-17466e7e3828.jpg

I didn't play it yet, but looking forward to it this weekend. And I also pre-ordered this:

http://gearnuke.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/smt-iv-apocalypse-1-2.jpg

Not particularly a fan of grinding JRPGs but I'm a sucker for Shin Megami Tensei games. Love them no matter how old I get.
by sand4fish
Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

No matter what genre of music you are into, you can't go wrong with The Beatles (or Clapton).

phpBB [video]
by sand4fish
Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-orders for F4F Lan Di statue begins Nov 3rd!

I ordered the LE Lan Di statue the first day it became available.

I even received a Dark Souls statue offer email today,but have yet to receive a shipping confirmation email as well.

Maybe I got lucky and had mine shipped earlier. If I were to give an advice, to be certain I would check my credit card statement to see if payment went through (should be pretty recent) or contact f4f.
by sand4fish
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Pre-orders for F4F Lan Di statue begins Nov 3rd!

Pending is way better than either cancelled or payment declined. I wonder what's the holdup... It's not like they are making one at a time given their sweatshop like manufacturing scale.

by sand4fish
Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Just binge watched Stranger Things last night. Haven't been so hooked up to a series since True Detective. The soundtrack and 80's references alone warrant the viewing if you are fond of that period.
by sand4fish
Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue voted #1 in "Top 200 Dreamcast Games 2016"

In the favlist.com Shenmue 3 has been in the number 1 spot for more than a year in the most anticipated games category.
by sand4fish
Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I need your opinion. I need your help

I believe the divorce talks are a bit rushed, unless you already set your mind for it. It's unfair for me to judge you or your wife as I don't know you in person, so I think you guys need an objective, professional eye like a marriage counsellor to dig deep through your problems and go from there. It seems (by your account) that your wife is clueless of her actions being detrimental and any word from you would bring her to a defensive stance or a simply shrug, so that's why a professional third party would be ideal as it would put her "denial" open to talks.
by sand4fish
Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Uncharted 4: A thief's End

Right off the bat we can all agree that this game is stunning visually. On the game mechanics, this is the most polished Uncharted. Aside from what Nathan could do before, he now can make better use of the environment for stealth attacks, mainly in the form of being able to hide himself in tall foliage; and the introduction of the grappling hook, which allows for wild and amusing attacks and improvised emergency escape routes. Gone this time it's the invincibility meele dodge button from the previous instalments, which it's a good thing.
That being said, this is the same old Uncharted game we all played before. No matter how pretty or big it looks, there's very little interaction to do with its world. We just take in its beauty for a minute and move on to the next gunfight or rock climbing scripted scenario. This all wouldn't be so bad if the game upped its challenge with each coming scenario, but that didn't happen. The parkour challenges are linear (no substantial alternative routes) and Nathan fights the same goons throughout the entire campaign. My major problem with this series is that despite the amazing stuff Nathan can do, no antagonist comes close to match him in skill set. It's like you are Spider-Man and everyone else is just your regular Joe in this world. I thought for a moment that the game would give Nathan his match with the character Nadine, but I was wrong. To be honest I was only able to finish the game in sporadic play sessions because the action sets had that sameness feeling to them that it was really tiring to play the game for long stretches of time.
On the positive side, there were bits of brilliance to be had by being able to explore the game world a tiny bit better with the Jeep and by boat, even though those moments were brief and far between. And staple to the series, some of the scripted sequences were truly memorable like the chase with the armoured truck and the hopping between enemy vehicles to save Sam. All in all, I truly believe Uncharted 4 to be the best in the franchise.

My final score: 3/5
by sand4fish
Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hideo Kojima's Death Stranding

Reedus, Del Toro and now Mikkelsen... Wow, the production values must be through the roof! I really didn't expect this, but this game might even outshine the MGS series. No kidding that Kojima's trying to attain Hollywood's level of ambition. And damn cryptic and creepy trailer again!
by sand4fish
Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Before anything else, this is a Kickstarter project. Disappointment on delivery of updates on game development and the delay of the final product is almost 100% to happen. Here's a link for an article to show you the statistics (though a bit old, it still applies today). I think I can consider myself a veteran Kickstarter backer (for what's worth) and I've backed many high profile game projects like Torment Tides of Numenera (backed since 2013) and Bloodstained Ritual of the Night, Kickstarters older than Shenmue 3 that still were not released. Speaking of Bloodstained, which dates just months prior to Shenmue 3's crowdfunding and appears to have some serious big time investors behind the project, has a window release for Q1 2018 so it'll be no surprise to see Shenmue 3 being pushed way beyond December 2017. Another title that I backed, Divinity Original Sin, had only a partial Kickstarter campaign to extend game features and it still was delayed for almost a entire year from their original projection (and very sparse on updates as well). That's simply just the nature and historical track of crowdfunding projects.

The comparison of Shenmue 3 to Mighty Number 9 is fair, given both were unexpected successful campaigns and were received with great hype. But Yu Suzuki is not Keiji Inafune. Inafune's most acclaimed feat to date is to have worked on character designing for the Megaman series (sorry if this offends Megaman fans), and later producing or creating series like Onimusha and Dead Rising. But he is no director and game designer. Foremost, the man is a beyond ambitious businessman trying to spawn an entire MN9 universe (with animes and side games simultaneously) before proving his initial product. Meanwhile Shenmue 3 has most of its key original staff and Yu Suzuki at the helm as director and designer. So the worst that can happen to Shenmue 3 is to be a generic looking game (graphically) and to have a disappointing small world to explore compared to contemporary peers. Because gameplay and vision wise, the game has its concept locked down since the first game's inception more than a decade ago. It's pretty much a safe bet for a Kickstarter project for people to invest their money on, specially if they are fans of the previous games.

On even a brighter side, given that Yu was handed total freedom to do whatever he wants with the series (without any need for approval from Sega) this might turn out to be the most ambitious and fleshed out Shenmue we have yet to experience. I'm saying this because some of the best games (pushing their genres forward) I played these past few years were Kickstarter games: the aforementioned Divinity: Original Sin (one of the best RPGs I played and I don't particularly like the genre) and Planetary Annihilation (RTS with battles with a scope that can go from a determined planet to beyond even a solar system).

Well, what trying to say in the end is that everything will eventually be sorted out, updates will come and the game will be fine to say the least.
by sand4fish
Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic