Search found 65 matches

Return

Re: Japanese guide book scans

I have scans of the character profile pages from the 'Shenmue II Perfect Guidebook' (which were all translated for my database project), which you can download here;
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x963i8zekunixte/Shenmue%20II%20Perfect%20Guidebook%20Scans.rar?m

I don't own the book myself but receieved these scans from the member Eek the Cat way back in 2003, unfortunately I don't think he's popped up here again since the S3 announcement :(
Thanks for that. I downloaded them many years ago; great stuff.

What books are out there; 2 Japanese guide books; are all the rest of them scanned; PAL / US? I'd like to scan them for the Dojo.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese guide book scans

on the iso zone i found what looks like the official prima complete shenmue 2 guide;
http://theisozone.com/downloads/dreamcast/other/shenmue-versus-books-official-perfect-guidepdf/

i for some reason the cloud store wont let me download it- i click the link but the download never starts.

if anyone has any luck downloading it, please re upload to the dojo or elsewhere because i would really like to have it.

i would also love to have scans of the shenmue 1 equivalent as well.

thanks
Found it on emuparadise.com ( Shenmue Versus Books Official Perfect Guide Scan.pdf | 80mb)

Found these on Amazon.co.jp:
Shenmue 2 Complete Guide | シェンムー2コンプリートガイドシェンムー2コンプリートガイド
Shenmue 2 Premiere Guide | シェンムーII Premiere Guide
Shenmue 2 guide book | シェンムー2ガイドブック
Shenmue 2 fastest Strategy Guide ( Dengeki capture King ) | シェンムー2最速攻略ガイド (電撃攻略王)

Have to see if my friend in Japan will order these for me and ship them as he's done for rare stuff in the past (for a fee, of course.) If not, I'm going to have to use someone like shoppingmalljapan.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Man Kills Stepfather With Atomic Wedgie

amiga1200 wrote: :| it is every childs will and drive to excel, and ultimately, KILL the parents.

by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Future of Shenmue series after 2017

People around the world eagerly wait for the clock to strike 12:00 AM to get their physical and digital copies of Shenmue 3. The president holds an impromptu summit with all word leaders with the help of holographic Abe Lincoln to determine how to contain Shenmue 3 pandemonium from causing world wide hysteria and stampedes.
Everyone at the summit surely feels the tremendous gravity of the situation, and is moved to tears.

Suddenly, Kim Jong-un appears on the main-monitor, crying and apologizing profusely for then pain and suffering he has caused. He states that only now, after the release of Shenmue 3, has he seen the folly of his ways and the suffering of his people.
The room erupts with applause and cheers, and every world leader unanimously agrees that this day be made officially as, 'world-wide Shenmue day'. It's a new festive holiday where everyone is encouraged to wear leather bomber jackets, blue jeans and white sneakers while drinking Fanta soda as a sign of world peace and solidarity.

The new rules of the holiday are written on a scroll with an ink quill and signed by every world leader. It's put over a candle to give it those brown hues that make it look like a older document that it actually is, then, it's rolled up and shot through a pneumatic tube, where it is sent directly to replace the constitution at the Smithsonian in Washington D.C.

Meanwhile, broadcasts are interrupted all over the globe, informing all citizens to go home and be with their families to enjoy the new holiday: Shenmue day.
Gabe Newell announces Half-Life 3, and in the same breath states that Gordon Freeman will be replaced by Ryo Hazuki.

Reviews are pouring in as 10's all across the board, it's hailed as a master stroke of pure genius by all media; small and large; local news to national 24 hour networks are wall-to-wall Shenmue coverage around the clock. Bill O'reilly renames the O'reilly factor to the Hazuki factor for Shenmue day.

Old critics and haters have taken to self-flagellation with HDMI cables. The Pope offers the papacy to Suzuki-san at the Vatican, but he graciously declines as he addresses the throngs of people who wait for his words.
He states, only, "Thank you for making Shenmue 3 possible. Now, we can make Shenmue 4, next. Thank you all." The crowds watching from around the world in stadiums and pubs, in public squares and homes are raucous and jubilant.

Suzuki-san hops into his red F355 Ferrari, but it has no wheels at all. Somehow finding the time while developing Shenmue 3, his genius has created the worlds first fully modified hover-Ferrari. He winks, puts on his sunglasses, and turns the stereo to the song, splash wave. Then turns the key and the car gradually takes flight and soars into the sky.
Subsequently, Elon Musk purchases the hover-Ferrari technology from Suzuki-san for his Tesla factories. Suzuki-san uses this massive windfall to purchase SEGA, using an unlimited budget for all future Shenmue games.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What if Shenmue 3 wasn't on PS4 and PC...

I'd call it the craziest thing I've ever heard, then I'd pledge $500 :lol:
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone worried that Yu might listen to the fans too much

AnimeGamer183 wrote: GOD I HOPE WE DONT HAVE VERBAL EXCHANGES SIMILAR TO THESE FROM NOW UNTIL 2017 JESUS CHRIST!!!! ](*,)

It's gonna be a long 2 years. :lol:
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone worried that Yu might listen to the fans too much

I thought Suzuki-san discounted any possibility of a VF game during #YouaskYu, with something to the effect of: "There were no polygon games back then."

Not really sure how I'd feel about it; doesn't really matter to me either way, and I am a huge VF player and fan since the get-go, probably the biggest on this site.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awkward moment for Ryo

Are you implying sex? Because I feel like you're implying sex.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

The guy on the left did a decent job of correcting them for some of the facts, but still, they missed the mark on some things and its just another example of game journalists trying to discredit the value of the kickstarter.
'Game journalists' is an oxymoron.

I can't even take any of this seriously since it seems like none of them have ever bothered to finish the game.

"Is Citizen Kane a good movie? I'll let you know after I watch the first 15 minutes."
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Collections & Merchandise

I guess we know what Ryo would look like as a brother... That collection is unreal.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tell us your Shenmue story! Tell us how you got to the D

Go to my dealer to cop some of the sticky-icky. When I get to his crib he tells me, "I'm fresh out, fam. Got to re-up. Be back later you know I always come through."

I'm ready to turn around and bolt, then he says, "Hold up for a sec homie. Here, check this though. This right here is Shenmue. It's a game about a Japanese teenager named Ryo from Japan who doesn't take shit from anyone. His dad gets dusted by this dude named Lan Di over a magic coke mirror, right?
Okay, then he starts whopping some asses looking for this dude and then he feeds kittens and shit.
Then, he gets a 9-5 so maybe he'll stay alive, riding a forklift and meets some dude who's Evlis in Japan.
Then this dude, Ren, snatches his main bitch and he gets a motorcycle and rides down to the harbor. right? He and his partner Guizhang fuck up, like, 50 dudes and take his girl back. It's dope."

And I was like, "aight."

Haven't seen him since then but I heard he got bumped off trying to pass a N64 as a GameCube. He was a good dude.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nationalities of the dojo members

Native American from the Knockahoe tribe.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Racism

You know, the more I learn of this 'racism', the less I like it. It's almost as if there's no redeeming qualities to being a racist at all.

Crackers.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA Financials are Horrible

Hyo Razuki wrote:
Wude-Tang Clan wrote: Horrible is relative when talking about Sonic games. Because, really, they're all bad.

If you're talking about the post Mega Drive era, I would sadly have to agree.

I am.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why won't SEGA release a HD version?

You have to look at this from SEGA's perspective: fans desperately want Shenmue I & II HD to compliment the long awaited release of Shenmue III. So, if we just use SEGA's logic, we will most assuredly receive, 'Sonic & Tails Wheel of Fortune'.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

I can always pawn my gold tooth.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

drunkensailor wrote: adam koralik is one of the most useless youtubers I can think of.

Don't know about Adam, but I'd say that drunkensailor is one of the most useless guys I can think of when it comes to predictions. :D
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

Good deal. It won't be $30.00 forever. Steam sale will probably make the game available at $10.00 eventually.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sat Apr 14, 2018 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How many copies are you gonna buy?

One for every member of my family; or former members, depending on who refuses to accept this token of my love.
by Wude-Tang Clan
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Lan-Di and Ryo...

A mid game fight where Ryo gets his ass handed to him and nearly killed. Game will end much later where you meet Land Di somewhere in a rainstorm thinking this is it. This is the fight. Then he smirks does something with the Dragon Mirror and a massive Dragon emerges. Ryo does his best to not die when he realizes how to release the phoenix. Then Ryo and Lan Di fight hand to hand as in the background the Phoenix and The Dragon exchange blows much like that fight in Bayonetta 2 with the masked Baldur. Ryo defeats Lan Di but the rest of the Chi Yu Men show up all with mirrors. Ryo out of breath readies himself for another fight as he stares them down and they stoically stare right back. The game ends and says to be continued.
https://i.imgur.com/58udgZQ.jpg
by Wude-Tang Clan
Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic