Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One M

Part of me wants Shenmue 3 to never come out just so Let's Get Sweaty can't take credit for the whole thing
by Rakim
Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Vote for Shenmue 3 in the largest independent Xbox One M

Part of me wants Shenmue 3 to never come out just so Let's Get Sweaty can't take credit for the whole thing
So all my talk about teamwork has simply washed right over you, has it? I've never tried to take personal credit for a damn thing, so fuck you pal. If that's how your own mind works then that's your problem - don't try and project it onto me when I have gone out of my way for the last two years to be inclusive and NOT be that guy.

If it's actually the majority view that my efforts are somehow disruptive to the Dojo's raison d'etre, then I won't take much convincing at this point to stop bothering with this place, so now's your chance, boys.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's Hairstyle

How to get Ryo's Hair
Step 1: Have your father murdered in front of you
by Calshot
Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Annoying or pissing off a group of people then watching the aftermath is a hilarious experience. If you've never tried it, you'd never know.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If it helps, I found that topic simply by putting the word "cawk" into the search. :D
by St. Elmo's Fire
Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for dropping in to remind us how much of a twat you are, jeff.
by south carmain
Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK General Election

DIE TORY BASTARDS
by beedle
Thu May 07, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK General Election

They're not abolishing the human rights act they're taking it out of the control of the EU. That said this does give them the power to change it although they stated that they won't as it's fine as it is.

"We're fine with it exactly as it is, we just want the power to change it, for reasons".

lol.
by Sonikku
Thu May 14, 2015 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Apology

Hear hear,
A day without shitposting is a day wasted!
by mrslig100
Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

I'd say QWERTY alone was more interesting then anything in the Shenmue forums for the last 10 years. Reading any of the threads in there are about as fun as a prostate exam.
I don't personally have any problems with QWERTY, hence my own decision to let him post again despite previous moderation. It was his decision to cross the line on a short leash, he choked. It's a unanimous decision, not a knee jerk reaction.

But hey, when Shenmue III is announced his news will then be valid, so I'm sure it could be reversed at that point...
by Yama
Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gotta love all the people I've never seen in my life claiming "we" did it.
by south carmain
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Exploded

Could someone please ban him?
by MiTT3NZ
Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

To be fair on QWERTY he has been here when the community was at it's least active helping keep this place alive despite wherever the admins wanted it or not.
by south carmain
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd say QWERTY alone was more interesting then anything in the Shenmue forums for the last 10 years. Reading any of the threads in there are about as fun as a prostate exam.
I don't personally have any problems with QWERTY, hence my own decision to let him post again despite previous moderation. It was his decision to cross the line on a short leash, he choked. It's a unanimous decision, not a knee jerk reaction.

But hey, when Shenmue III is announced his news will then be valid, so I'm sure it could be reversed at that point...
:lol:
by Bambi
Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

QWERTY's sound as fuck. He brings both intellectual discussions n lulz to the Dojo. AnimeGamer whines and tries to get laughs from gay jokes. Clearly we all need to listen to him and ban this Shenmuedabest account if nothing other than the fact AG's a massively respected member of the community.
by MiTT3NZ
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueTree wrote: I farted and my eyes started to water. Just thought that was some relevant information you peeps would like to know.

Thanks man. You got a twitter I can follow for future updates?
by south carmain
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, im having a bit of anxiety about that myself. I kind of wish the kickstarter lasted a little longer. Damn my luck that I had 3 music festivals I was preparing to work, spent all this money so I could do all 3. I had to front some money to make even more money but only ended up working 1 festival and missed out on making 3 times as much money as I did, so im in a really tight spot right now and I can only hope to come up with the money for the kickstarter in time.

Sell your body
Before being able to sell anything there needs to be a market demand.
by south carmain
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

Disclaimer : there will be some generalizing but most will likely get the main point.

Difficult thread by the way since it's hard to stop when listing a few things that you hate.

Facebook, Twitter,... due to large parts of their users being part of the hive mind.
The majority of self absorbed Youtube-personalities.
The overuse of the word "social media" by journalists here. As if Facebook is the first "social" communication channel in the history of mankind.

Seeing an article almost everyday in our papers about someone getting offended by the most trivial things. That, or some dumbass "warning" people. Like recently, a mother told us some tooth paste was dangerous since her kid's teeth fell out. Of course, it had to be the tooth paste and not at all the little detail that the kid drank enormous amounts of cola at a very young age. Something a dentist had told her not to do.

Realizing that you need to buy new clothes or shoes since shopping is boring.
Our current politicians and their view on a myriad of issues (don't get me started).
Politicians speaking about things that they have no clue about while looking down on an actual expert in the field.

The stupidity of terrorists who gladly fight for the cause and the afterlife without wondering once why their top leaders don't feel the urge to do as they preach. The afterlife is so great but still those leaders run away from bomb attacks. Weird.

Internet, blessing and curse but I hate that stupidity is able to spread much faster than before and often becomes fact.

Those people on Facebook who share I Fucking Love Science stuff and suddenly feel like they are part of a scientific elite above the "common people". All because they share a nice picture of a galaxy now and then with a witty little fact (sometimes wrong). Here, find the eigenvalues and eigenvectors for this ordinary homogeneous differential equation instead. Boring and difficult you say? Yeah, that's the daily grind for scientists.

Traffic jams
Myself
"Social experiments" on Youtube. Fake shit most of the time trying to score some PC points.
Judging by the comments on Facebook, everyone is pretty or smart or brave,...

I'd better stop.
:-({|= ](*,)
by ys
Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Jeff wrote: Tried to use an emulator and a Shenmue file. I couldn't do it...

You're always going on about how much money you're making now. why don't you just buy a DC and the games?
by south carmain
Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

I don't really play or have all that much interest in video games any more. Even then, I'm very surprised that I managed to miss this for over a week...

Anyway, HOLY SHIT!!!

I remember numerous times, back in the day, breaking Dojo records for the number of people signed in when there was apparently going to be a "big announcement" at E3 or some other games show, and every time, we'd all be disappointed. Then all that Shenmue Online crap happened, and we didn't know whether to be excited or puzzled, and then that just disappeared. Eventually, I think most of us just accepted it wasn't going to happen ever.

I'm looking back at my post history on here. I first posted in 2004 - 11 years ago. I was 15 at the time. I stopped posting long ago, and long before that this place had become less about the Shenmue, and more a community of friends. This was a really important place for me for several years.

How amazing is it to come back here, over a decade after I first joined, and see that the one thing deep down we've all been longing for, which we'd all truthfully lost hope in, is actually going to happen? No game has ever immersed and captivated me like Shenmue did. It's still slowly sinking in, but I still can't quite believe it.
by JC 2K3
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looks so cool. I want one of these:

phpBB [video]
by Crimson Ryan
Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Supreme Court rules in favor of gay marriage

I'm so happy for you AnimeGamer!
by Rakim
Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

I prefer the cold. But I'm a northerner, so I'm used to it. We ain't built to withstand the heat.
Same here, I run a quite a bit warmer than most people which probably sounds alright but it's a year long pain in the arse really.

I don't understand when Scottish people complain about the cold, folk at work in particular get annoyed at me for constantly opening windows, it's obviously easier to keep warm in that situation than to cool off, I'm comfortable with the termperature of our country, you're not, fuck off somewhere warmer. :mad:
by Bambi
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

There are people who act as if a sexy character with a rocking-hot body is a bad thing. THAT'S what's embarassing.

I'm a male, and I like sexy females. I like miniskirts and I like big bouncy titties. I'm unapologetic about this.
Females in videogames have idealized bodies (and so do males). This is not abad thing! I don't buy this regressive mentality that being sexy "reduces the characters". Nor does it "objectify" them.
WE ARE SEXUAL BEINGS! Stop treating it as if it's a dirty thing! It's normal for male gamers to enjoy looking at sexy female characters! Yes, I love DOA, it's fucking awesome.

When I see an idealized male, I think, "lol, I wish I was like that". It gives me something to aspire to, something I can work towards, even though I understand that it's unrealistic fiction. When feminists see an idealized female, they get jealous and throw a fit because they realize that they can't measure up.
Bitches won't be happy until every single one of us has been castrated and turned into a pussified beta wimp. Well, I for one, will not let that happen without a fight. Bring it on, you harpies.
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic