Search found 445 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

I find surprising that complex hair can still alter development plans with PS4 hardware like it did with Lan Di on Saturn/Dreamcast. It must be a hell of a beard. :P
by Yokosuka
Wed May 31, 2017 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue I better than Shenmue II

Those who feel nothing special regarding Shenmue II, how can you be hard-hyped by Shenmue III?

I mean, contrast between Chinese and Japanese cultures is as wide as the distance between present and the time we'll get our Shenmue III trailer. Since the saga is known to be mainly a journey in China, we are likely to never feel Shenmue I vibes again.
by Yokosuka
Wed May 31, 2017 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

Oh man... at first I expected E3 for Shenmue remasters. But now I can't help myself from becoming seriously hyped for the big thing.

Why the fuck is my post attributed to Himuro?!

Because, according to the IP check, you're one and the same lol

Nice try [-X

I and another ones have kept contacts with Himuro and she said that she's not implied at all in this, she has proofs and she doesn't know how the impostor has made this possible. And proofs or not, according her tone and the person, I believe her.
by Yokosuka
Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

SheepheadCG wrote: even though Yu did look a bit worried/disappointed in the video :P

The other good news of the day is that Yu might not have to work every night anymore. The bloke must be seriously exhausted.
by Yokosuka
Thu Jun 08, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Best news since the Advanced Free Battle announcement.

I feel a bit disappointed for Biscay and the other related actors though. The delay seemed to be inevitable, I hope their trust has not been abused by the project ambition.

You always manage to find something negative, don't you? :P

Do you think Cédric would rather have a rushed, half-baked game which may sell poorly instead of a polished, well crafted Shenmue 3 with better chances of selling well? (especially if Shenmue HD comes out by the end of the year)

I prefer the expression "considering all the possibilities", even the hard ones. :)

Trust will be important for Suzuki's next projects (including Shenmue 4) and delay is a joker that should not been used twice. Announcing the game for 2018 from the very beginning would have been preferable for everyone, especially since Yu was already complaining about his lack of time last year. But I believe they had their reasons.

I remember an interview of Biscay where he was asked about the potential Yu's over-ambition regarding the budget. He's aware that giving Yu too much freedom is something not to do. But at the moment, I do think like you that everything's good. Let's turn our full attention on Shenmue remasters!
by Yokosuka
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

@Kiske

Tears of relief.

Btw, the hi-res version of it:

The small transparent Image
by Yokosuka
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's really nice! But what intrigues me the most is those "new announcements" they said.

Shenmue HD
Pledge extension
Official forum opening
New surveys
Sega as publisher
Hiring of a new important developer
New ingame features
Return of original dubbers
Demo release date

Place your bets
by Yokosuka
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I did this very lazy 4K Wallpaper.

https://imgur.com/a/WUDhr

As I've no Photoshop, I just placed the pngs on my desktop, hid my icons and took a screenshot but it's not so bad :lol:
by Yokosuka
Fri Jul 07, 2017 1:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Besides all the branding stuff Sega may generate, a Shenmue circuit in Sonic Racing 3 would be fantastic. Yokosuka world on one side, Hong Kong on another side, both separated by a water route with somewhere a Guilin extra place.
by Yokosuka
Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yakuza is not a worthy substitute for Shenmue

Yakuza not but, somehow, Shadow Of Destiny is.
by Yokosuka
Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

People who has been misled are literally stupid according this forum, ok.
Sorry but it's another communication fail in the long history of Shenmue III campaign fails. And it's not a question about pessimism as I can read above.
The CM job is to explain more what you supposedly need to anticipate any fog, even the foolish ones. I don't know why the team just didn't put a few-words reminder about the business part. It's easy to criticize people to forget the previous update when you are a Shenmue over-obsessed fan. The only real tools here are the media.
by Yokosuka
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

Verderame wrote: Somehow Ryo almost looks like Cristiano Ronaldo :rotflmao:

I think these models are actually pretty good, especially Shenhua's one. It's just the lighting and the shaders that makes them look off.

Do you mean this guy? 8)

by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The real Ryo for me, the ingame one:
:heart:
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

A German publisher, a Monegasque co-funder of a game mainly fanned by people from the West, developed by a team in Japan with likely many foreign outsourcing studios that will try together to replicate authentic China and insert some nostalgia for the fans into an universe which already felt nostalgia in 1999. A "very special project", this really is.
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's On A Train

The tweet with the train is more thrilling than the whole Xbox conference.
by Yokosuka
Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

In a game like Shenmue, stare makes 80% of a character identity. So I would respond the eyes. They looks too manga for me and that destroys everything the character he was.

The proportion head/body seems not ideal as well but I'm still not sure.

But if I have to admit a point, we're closer to something very solid indeed.
by Yokosuka
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

As I said in the other thread, the trailer seems widely praised. A lot of people I know who had few or no interest in Shenmue so far felt in love with the atmosphere, the music and the beautiful environments.

Put finished faces and animation, Shenmue 3 will set the world on fire EASY.
by Yokosuka
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

According Yu Suzuki, the main story will take 20 hours to finish. Add 20 another hours to complete the secondary quests.
by Yokosuka
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm in love with the new Shenhua's outfit and excited to see her whole wardrobe as Yu was likely to put emphasize on her fashion since Project Berkley. As said by ShenShun however, I really want to see Shenhua with her original outfit back when starting the game in the cave (if the story actually starts from there).
by Yokosuka
Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

Sega decided to make Shenmue to face Final Fantasy with an avant-garde RPG form. You hardly give a man +40 million budget for the sake of a down-to-earth revenge story. So the Chi part was likely to be the core of the story at same point.

There's plenty of literature who introduces the supernatural with proper subtlety. Chi seems to be a complex concept with solid and fascinating background. I'm sure Yu has in mind good ideas drawn from his highest passion for Chinese culture while the gameplay keeps the same base up.

All things considered, I concede that the sword part had some weirdos but I remember having no big deal at the time. Maybe we'll get some rational explanation further in the story.
by Yokosuka
Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

Don't forget to post what you think in the kickstarter comment section:

VS

by Yokosuka
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Japan Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom 2017

A sample of the full interview:
http://www.siliconera.com/2017/08/23/shenmue-iii-teaser-trailers-character-models-arent-final-plenty-work-left-done/

We can put a name to the person who accompanied Yu in the backer dinner. His name is Hideaki Morishita and he's the executive producer of Shenmue 3.
https://i.imgur.com/5uNoN4U.jpg
by Yokosuka
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Japan Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom 2017

According Moby Games, he was supervisor on Phantasy Star Universe and special thanked for Final Fantasy 9 , no more info about him.

Spaghetti wrote: Where's the DLC comment from?

Game Watch. Some sites have spread the news (Gematsu, Gamekult).
by Yokosuka
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game*Spark Interview with Yu Suzuki [Full Translation]

Thanks Switch for your quickness.

Q: Yesterday a teaser trailer for Shenmue 3 was released...

HM: Actually, we jumped the gun on it. [laughs]

YS: There's a huge uproar.

HM: It was really planned for today [the first day of Gamescom].

YS: Boy oh boy...

Glad they don't looked affected by the bad reception!
by Yokosuka
Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

According Julo from Gameblog, YSnet got a technical issue with a build of the game two months ago and it lead them to disable the facial animation in the trailer.
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

- Pinball, punching ball and whac-a-mole as mini games.
- The new QTE system consists of QTEs based on "sounds" and "lights".

source: http://www.jeuxvideo.com/news/700176/ga ... ritage.htm
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A fan brought the Hitachi recorder of Shenmue 2 at the Meet & Greet looooool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YD8M0G ... e&t=15m11s
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Great news! I messaged YSNet on Kickstarter and basically suggested to them how they should make Ryo and Shenhua look like. Here's what they said: "Thank you very much for the words of encouragement and the advice. We will be sure to pass the info along!

Best Regards,
Joel & the Shenmue III Team"

What did you suggest?

This http://i.imgur.com/fzvjQyn.jpg and this http://i.imgur.com/JIThlIf.jpg I'm a perfectionist and an OCD type of guy so I wasn't sure which Ryo was better. With Shenhua though, I made it clear that it was perfect. You can't go wrong with either Ryo though!

I presume you're not the only person to suggest pics to YSnet. One day Suzuki-san said he's aware of fan requests regarding charadesign.

I like your tastes btw.
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gamekult interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

https://www.gamekult.com/actualite/yu-suzuki-le-plus-difficile-est-de-creer-de-bons-personnages-3050797909.html

Interview context: Gamekult is shown an extended version of the trailer with additional scenes and QTEs with "work in progress" mark. Then the interview begins with Suzuki and his English translator.

https://i.imgur.com/jseQm8Q.jpg

Gamekult: First of all, I would like to know why you decided to publicly publish a short version of what you just showed us privately? Is it for marketing purpose or a future backer exclusivity?

(Suzuki begins to talk to his translator who is also in charge of the business side of YSnet. The latter takes the floor.)

YSnet businessman: That's a good question! Honestly, there's no specific reason but some people think showing the extended version is too early. The idea behind the trailer was to announce our partnership with Deep Silver. We aimed to reveal that we got a better financial support. We have been silent for too long so it was important to show something at Gamescom while it's not a real marketing strategy.

Yu Suzuki: We may create an improved and longer version of the video for the end of the year. A true promotional trailer.

GK: After watching the video, I now wonder how you proceed with animation in Shenmue 3. Do you use motion capture, handmade animation or both? Are you working with an outsourcing studio or do you have your own motion capture studio?

YS: We use motion capture as working base then we make adjustments. Everything is captured internally although we do not have a true motion capture studio. We're using a magnetic capture tool because it needs less space to work so we can easily proceed in an open space. However, we are certainly going to use a real motion capture studio for the most important action scenes.

GK: Are you working with outsourcing studios? For instance, TOSE or Virtuous.

YS: We have our own team where people from various companies are working. In general, everything is made internally. The goal is to avoid outsourcing.

GK: How many people are working in the team?

YS: Sorry but I can't tell you any figure.

GK: How will your partnership with Deep Silver benefit Shenmue III? Is the original project going to evolve?

YS: To be honest, we just signed the contract. We have yet to know what Deep Silver can bring us exactly but we hope it's significant (laughs). From a business point of view, we should take advantage of their international network and their communication expertise since they have a great record with Japanese studios.

GK: How will you proceed to make the game interesting for the fans as much for the newcomers? Can we start Shenmue III without having played the previous episodes?

YS: We plan to insert images and videos from previous episodes in ingame situations, something like memories. One of the ideas consists of inserting visuals when you're phoning characters from Shenmue I & II.

GK: Yakuza 3 proceeded differently with cinematic buildups to summarize the story of Yakuza 1&2. I wonder if Shenmue 3 can proceed the same way but the visual contrast between cinematics and the gameplay would be obviously significant.

YS: I still don't know how it may look on screen but it's a possibility. Anyway, we'll decide our own way to proceed.

GK: What will the Shenmue III main themes be? Storywise, is there any particular event or topic you're willing to set up?

YS: It's faster to show you. (Suzuki starts his PC and launches a slideshow) Here we go, the three key points of the game are romance, characters' life and martial arts. Then my main goal is to use the latest advancements in technologies to express feelings through gaming situation. Today there are even more ways of expression but also more challenge with the modern tools. With Unreal Engine 4, the most challenging part is to create good characters.

GK: You mean, using your own engine when you're working on Shenmue I&II was easier than using a foreign third-party engine?

YS: Yes, absolutely!

GK: So far, have you programmed with your own hands?

YS: I created some algorithms and little prototypes but I'm not working at the heart of coding. I worked on an artist's AI who appears in the game, NPC behaviors and some combat scenes. But my main job is research. The final code is written by people who are more skilled than me.

GK: About visuals, how far do you think you are from the final state?

YS: First of all, I confirm that everything related to the characters is temporary. Then I would like to say that, in order to reach the best possible result from a technical point of view, we need a lot of resources, way more than we currently have today. That's why I'm trying to find a balance between visual quality and the other key points of the game, especially what makes the gameplay singular and different from the other productions.

GK: About environment size and interaction volume, how would you rate Shenmue 3 compared to the Dreamcast episodes?

YS: I would say that the game is as wide and dense as Shenmue 1&2... On further consideration, it will even be richer. The time of play is more difficult to estimate since each player has his own pace and may progress differently with all the side quests available. I think more than 20 hours will be needed.

GK: In order to make Shenmue 1&2, you traveled several times in China. Did you travel again for Shenmue III or are you using mainly archives and memories?

YS: I went back to China two years ago, when the project did start. (Suzuki is searching his PC folders to find photos of mountain landscapes, old buildings and busy streets) As you can see, we reproduced some roofs of tiles in the last video. I really would like to display as much characters as those you can see in these photos! (laughs)

GK: If you were going to leave Japan to live in another country, would you choose China?

YS: Not China, no. (laughs)

END OF INTERVIEW
by Yokosuka
Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dengeki and 4Gamer interviews quick translations

Q: What's the reason for your focus on humidity?

YS: I'd have to say creating a reality. Just being realistic isn't interesting, so my approach is to embellish it a touch further.

Around the time of the first and second Shenmue games, everyone wanted graphics that were as realistic as possible. However now, we're in an era where achieving that is taken for granted.

His mind is so brilliant that I may cry. :cry:
by Yokosuka
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

Interview by GameCentral for Metro.co.uk

The style of control from the original game is one thing that will be updated, but that is natural given modern controllers and the advance of that type of technology.

At the moment we are trying to keep it to 30% new and the keep the other 70% of the game similar to the original

[...]as you know we have now partnered with Deep Silver. So I’m now comfortable in saying, ‘Don’t worry, I can make the whole game you imagined!’

about the story: I needed to pick up some of the elements of the original games to please fans, but other elements have become changed or removed. I adapt the story to fit the modern era and to my own changing influences.
by Yokosuka
Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where is the Shenmue 3 team ?

^Game Watch.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... uzuki.html

Q: Who will be the publisher in Japan?

YS: That's still to be decided. The international publisher is Deep Silver.
by Yokosuka
Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gameblog interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

http://www.gameblog.fr/interview_1100_yu-suzuki-je-ne-suis-pas-encore-satisfait-du-design-actuel-m

Translation from French.

https://i.imgur.com/zyrGefI.jpg

Gameblog: Suzuki-sensei, how are you? How do you feel here at Gamescom after you showed us this first trailer ?

Yu Suzuki: To be honest, it's more a teaser rather than a real trailer! About the Gamescom, I believe hundreds of thousands of people come here, that's truly gigantic. I only visited the business area at the moment, I don't know how things look at the other side, in the public areas. But we will go into it soon, I'm sure that will be great. I have already met a lot of fans and enthusiastic journalists. All these people give me a huge boost.

GB: So far, is the development going well? Are you pleased with your working pace and progress?

YS: We made a lot of research before we signed our partnership with Deep Silver. Since that moment, I feel we now have the full team and I'm relieved. Finally, we can focus entirely on the remaining part, I mean the production.

GB: Does Deep Silver provide you funds for the remaining production? Can you tell us something more about it?

YS: I cannot comment officially or give you precise figures. But yes, there is something...

GB: How close we are actually to the trial version?

YS: I'm currently thinking about the best way to design the demo, in order to show the game to the players. But I'm still unable to tell you when it will be available... It will be sometime!

https://i.imgur.com/9sssThK.jpg

GB: What are the main mechanics that you will take back from Shenmue 1&2 and the new ones you're currently creating for Shenmue III?

YS: I could not be really specific about Shenmue 1&2 mechanics but I can tell you that our first priority is to remain faithful to the spirit of the first episodes, the "Shenmue universe".

However, regarding Shenmue 1&2, the constituent elements such as mini-games, jobs and miscellaneous activities were not really linked together. They were simply there, and their connections were not strong enough. In Shenmue III, I want to tie the different elements really tighter, make these connections clearer. This way, the world of Shenmue will be improved. Each gameplay sequence will be included more naturally into the story, the screenplay, then the player feels more involved and focused. I believe this will be one of the strongest and most attractive features of Shenmue III.

https://i.imgur.com/kEdploI.jpg

GB: Can you tell us more about the new QTEs we've seen in the extended teaser?

YS: I hope you'll appreciate this new QTE system! Let me give you few examples...

(Yu Suzuki starts his PC which is connected to the television then opens a Powerpoint file with pictures and texts about every elements of the game. He goes directly into the slides about the QTEs)

The most important aspect of the new QTEs is the fun provided to the players. We would like to challenge the QTE concept with a new function called "Variable Speed Play" in order to offer a funny and entertaining experience to the players. It's a style of QTE that has never been seen before.

So far you're only seeing the Circle or Triangle buttons from the PS4 controller but more symbols are yet to come. QTEs might be based on colors seen on the controller buttons, or even on Chinese characters associated with some specific actions. Moreover, we may imagine a system based on specific sounds associated with each controller button. A color coupled with a sound. This way, we could perform QTEs only by referring to a game sound... Well, it's still experimental but I would like to offer that kind of experience to the players.

https://i.imgur.com/mSnKDBJ.jpg

GB: What about the battle system?

YS: In Shenmue 1&2, I choose the Virtua Fighter system. It was more about strategy than button mashing. In Shenmue III, I would like a more friendly system and something completely new. One of the most important improvements would be the ability to attack several enemies once, during the same combo. Unlike the previous episodes - and many other games - where you had to fight only one ennemy once, if three enemies surround you, you need to fight all of them at the same time, by doing combos on each other (Suzuki mimes a triple combo with his fists: "bam - bam - bam!").

Of course, if you want to focus on one enemy only, you can do so, but you will have the choice.

GB: Like Shenmue I, can we train our moves to improve Ryo's abilities, skills and techniques?

YS: Yes indeed, I would like to make this happen and I'm still thinking about it. Solo training is definitely part of Kung Fu. The skill tree system is still confirmed as well. (Suzuki opens a new Powerpoint slide named "Skill Tree").

Each blank rectangle you're seeing here represents a skill book. These books can be obtained by several manners. You can buy some books in stores while you can earn the other ones by prizes. They can also have different forms: books, scrolls or sheets...

https://i.imgur.com/PLxQ3x2.jpg

GB: Everyone was suprised by the lack of facial motion in the teaser. Can you give us an explanation? By the way, is the charadesign final?

YS: First of all, no the charadesign isn't final. Actually, no character in the teaser is finished. I'm still not pleased with the current design, even if it's way better than the characters we showed at E3 2015. About the facial motion, it was there two months ago, but the developers changed something in the face bone structure then everything started to bug. (The translator is miming with his hand the jaw entering the head). The facial motion no longer worked so we decided to remove it from the teaser.

GB: The logo has changed again too...

YS: Yes, it has been changed because I wanted to remake it myself. By the way, the ideogram you can see on the poster has been made by my father (Suzuki points at the kanji on the poster - see the red circle on the picture below).

https://i.imgur.com/CpkMb09.jpg

GB: The interview already comes to the end... Shortly, have you got any positive news about Shenmue HD?

YS: As you know, Sega still owns the licence, so I really cannot say anything about it.... but I want to tell something to Sega: please, do it! I really would like to see this happen.
by Yokosuka
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aside from his eyes, it seems that YSnet has nailed Ryo completely.
https://i.imgur.com/j8nXXUc.jpg https://i.imgur.com/7NPCQlA.jpg https://i.imgur.com/9Ykm10E.jpg https://i.imgur.com/YM5E75B.jpg https://i.imgur.com/1yiIvw7.jpg https://i.imgur.com/mgAcUuH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/jzI56X4.jpg

Face as much as body:
https://i.imgur.com/D2jJ33S.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/7nsj1aS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/nO83aUb.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/6zVcc8b.jpg

Tweak the eyes and polish his face skin for camera close-ups then we have the real Iwao's boy.
by Yokosuka
Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

You got me, I first thought it was an official screenshot since the material we got from kickstarter updates doesn't look so different.
by Yokosuka
Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

Two interviews with Yu Suzuki by Fok! (Dutch) and Gamona (German):

http://frontpage.fok.nl/preview/774723/1/1/50/interview-met-yu-suzuki-over-shenmue-3.html
http://www.gamona.de/games/shenmue-3,interview-mit-entwicklerlegende-yu-suzuki-ich-moechte-nach:article.html

According Google Translate:

Fok! :
https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=nl&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffok.nl%2F774723

- Confirmation of an international phone card (named "World of Telecom") to call Ryo's overseas friends. Yu didn't tell if it's still an exclusive backer item.

- A turtle aquarium can be seen in the extended trailer. Yu says there will be a turtle race.

- Shenmue 3 will explain the Shenmue prologue poem.

- Yu describes Shenmue 3 as " a kung-fu adventure that takes place in China."

- Shenmue 3 will have easter eggs like the previous episodes.

Gamona :
http://www.gamona.de/games/shenmue-3,interview-mit-entwicklerlegende-yu-suzuki-ich-moechte-nach:article.html

- Thanks Deep Silver, Shenmue 3 will be about 3 times bigger than initially planned. Overall, however, ambitions about the story and graphics are likely to remain the same.

- Yu laughingly refuses to answer if we get a new cliffhanger at Shenmue III end.

- As animals, there will be chickens, ducks, turtles, dogs, cats and more. Yu has yet to know if the player will be allowed to have a pet like the cat in Shenmue 1.

- The Shenmue 3 staff consists of a lot of freelancers and people who are working for other studios.
by Yokosuka
Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Succinct but interesting interview with Yu Suzuki by PlayStation Official Magazine UK (November 2017 issue)

- Shenmue 1 & 2 might be offered along with Shenmue 3. It seemed a no-brainer before Yu Suzuki thinks he should rather incorporate memories straight into the game.

- The Shenmue 1 & 2 memories you will get in Shenmue 3 might be playable but Suzuki remains "undecided".

- Yu Suzuki claims that memories are very well incorporated in the game and gives the example of a NPC guy able to tell you what happened before.

- In order to make the combat system simpler and visually different from Shenmue I & II, YSnet will use "Variable Speed". Suzuki did not give specific details.

- He emphasizes that the world of Shenmue III will be designed as a whole, rather than a sum of parts.

- Yu Suzuki gives few words on his position towards realism and VR in Shenmue III.

Read the issue for further details.
by Yokosuka
Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

In this case, here the quote:

" We considered offering the first two games along with Shenmue III, and it still may happen " " But we thought it would be more fun to include that content as memories, so when you play the new game you get memories of old stories or some other content from Shenmue I and II. "
by Yokosuka
Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

It's a progress update, should be for fucking fans, and take into account that it's mostly showing the range of "emotions" they are working, the model is even in a t pose making it even more surreal.

I would say that the gamescom trailer was a weird marketing move, but this is a backer update to show PROGRESS, people fucking on this are just being assholes.

It looks a little dated, ok, but bad ? For what it's pretty much an indie game with tons of characters ? Really ?

Now YS should keep the fans without updates because some people are going to be shitty ??

Tbh, the models are truly shocking at first sight and would easily make fun meme-generators. I needed to watch the video several times to fairly assimilate the YSnet's work.
Shenmue Dojo is quite an understanding audience but I think many outside fans are afraid of what they're seeing in the last few months.
by Yokosuka
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Speculation: Shenmue 3 Could've Released in 2003

Actually we were supposed to get Shenmue 3 some years afterwards. According Shenmue Master, it was close to be announced at E3 2004 on Xbox stage before Sega just decided to cancel it definitely.
by Yokosuka
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How to Change Someone's Mind?

I don't think it's specially convincing but the Wikipedia quote is still my favorite insight into what the game is.

If the Grand Theft Auto games have been vilified as crime simulators in which you can press a button to buy a hooker then run a hooker over with a car, Shenmue is a game where you can press a button to politely ask directions, then combo into cherishing your elders and always remembering to recycle. Instead of giving us a city to be tested and battered against in all directions, Shenmue builds you a world and asks you to follow the rules rather than break them.

Brendan Main, The Escapist, December 21, 2010

I would add "And that is what makes the game so fun!".
by Yokosuka
Wed Oct 04, 2017 9:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic