Search found more than 1048 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Because I want the game and series to be a success so we can get Shenmue IV. The argument is that it's not a good trailer that sells the game to the masses who they need to sell it to for this game to be a success story. Sure the 70k hardcore who contributed to Kickstarter understand it's in development and a work in progress but most people don't look into this stuff or care. But so far the game has sold only 70k copies but they still need to make back Sega, Sony, Shibuya and Deep Silvers investments to be a success. People think the game is already a success story because of Kickstarter but 70k copies sold would make it one of the biggest flops ever so you can't stop there, that's why you need to focus on non Shenmue fans.
by Riku Rose
Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

Henry Spencer wrote: Guys, guys...You know what I think would be the best promotion for Shenmue 3?

Shenmue 1 & 2 KIWAMI.

Fixed.
by Esppiral
Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Does this mean Ryo will be able to actually travel from one town to another?
" the world of Shenmue III will be designed as a whole, rather than a sum of parts." Does this mean that you could go from the begin to the end freely? :?:
If I had to guess, I would say that Yu Suzuki is referring to the systemic structure of the game world, and how it functions as a single organism/ecosystem, rather than a few pieces of land loosely joined together like an incomplete jigsaw puzzle, as opposed to being quite so literal.
by ShenGCH
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Okay, 2nd try ;-)

Page 1 of the Interview

http://www.imagebam.com/image/64d21d610978493

http://thumbs.imagebam.com/d8/a0/b5/64d21d610978493.jpg

http://thumbs.imagebam.com/d8/a0/b5/64d21d610978493.jpg

Page 2

http://www.imagebam.com/image/4a8b46610979263

http://thumbs.imagebam.com/20/e9/f0/4a8b46610979263.jpg

A little bit messy, but i hope you can see it more clearly. :D

To the Question with the plaster

Ryo wears a patch in his face, while Lan Di a scar - is that intentional or random?

I wanted to make a good distinction between the two. *laughs* This is the reason why. People are always asking me, when Ryos would finally heal the wound. At some point it has to be that far. *laughs*
by SledgeNE
Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here is my translation of that Yu interview in the German magazine.
I didn't translate everything because some of the questions are just about Yu's hobbies etc.
I'm not a native english speaker, i tried my best.

Question 1 to Yu:
You said that Shenmue 3 will be bigger than you thought at first?

Yu's answer:
Yes, the game will probably be three times as big as i had in mind at the beginning. One of the villages has over 200 residents now instead of just 50. This village alone is five times bigger than i had in mind.

Question 2 to Yu:
But still - Shenmue 3 has not the same budget as 1 or 2. What do you have to change in the game because of that?

Yu's answer:
The story is still intact but i had to adjust some of the extra elements and details. We talked about the 200 people in that village - maybe we will even have 400 in the end, i didn't decide yet. You have to remember that all the city / village residents in 1 & 2 had a "real" simulated life, thats a really complicated and tough quest and the budget for Shenmue 3 is probably not big enough to do that again.

Question 3 to Yu:
Will there be voices and sound for everything in the game?

Yu's answer:
We don't know yet. To tell the truth - the amount of text is getting bigger and bigger and not all of it is planned, so we don't know if all of it will be available with sound.

Question 4 to Yu:
Will you use the voice actors from 1 & 2?

Yu's answer:
Ryo's english and japanese voice will be the same in Shenmue 3. I can't tell you anything about the other people yet.

Question 5 to Yu:
Shenmue 3 will be only available on PS4 and PC, why is that?

Yu's answer:
That's simple - it's just because of our partnership with Sony and their support at the E3 2015.

Question 6 to Yu:
Did you ever thought about how you could tell the story without a real Shenmue 3?

Yu's answer:
Yes, i thought about a mobile game before.

Question 7 to Yu:
There were a lot of critical responses for the Shenmue 3 teaser. What would you tell the people who feel dissappointed?

Yu's answer:
We don't have any facial expressions in the game right now and none of the character models are final yet. So it will look different and better in the final game. The teaser is not representing the quality of the final game, we are still in the middle of developing. And of course you have to remember the budget. The budget is good enough for our game, but its pretty small if you compare it to other games right now. We can't keep up with big modern games. We would need a way bigger budget (ten times bigger than now) to make perfect modern graphics. So we need to find a good middle way between good graphics and good content. Please don't expect highend graphics, Shenmue 3 is not about that.

by Tosh
Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Hate to be critical but, hmm..prefer they said something like "a peek at what we're working on".
The blip of content was fine, but not technically impressive enough to be much of a "progresd report".
The presentation is very weak. 9/10 of fans could have done it more justice.
Showing us Suzuki drinking coffee and talking or sketches or something to build hype, with a couple facial animations would do S3 more justice.
Reason I complain is, non-hardcore fans are going to be terribly critical of this sort of update. The first thing I thought was (guilty confession here) *snide comment*: "guess we couldn't afford animators so we got dental assistants"- and an hour later people had actually said it.

Rant over, it looks ok.. and WE'RE GETTING CLOSER TO SHENMUE 3!
by Elevensixty
Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

Anyone interested in what the subtitles say in 0:11 ?? I am curious :D

Here you go!
https://i.imgur.com/5ks0U9dl.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/i8wj36el.jpg

Full set & blog article here:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/09/kickstarter-update-75-face-animations.html
by Switch
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: clowns

R.I.P. "Shenmue Guy" memories.
by Kiske
Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demul v0.7 alpha released. (Dreamcast Emulator)

Sappharad told me that you can still change the resolution with the newest version.
You just have to switch the GPU plugin to DX11old.
by BlueMue
Mon Feb 29, 2016 3:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How we could create more interest in Shenmue

we all chip in to build an artificial island in international waters. This should lead to nearby countries trying to claim said island as a way to expand their maritime boundaries. At this point it should have garnered the attention of every international news outlet to which we reveal that we made the island in the form of Ryo's head to promote shenmue.

PM me your donations.
by south carmain
Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gamescom 2017: Recap by Shenmue Master

Trent and Shendream from Shenmuemaster.fr have written a recap of what they learned from Gamescom. English translation by Dojo member Yokosuka.

Link: Gamescom Recap
by Ziming
Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

S3 Preorder on Amazon

Just a minor thing but still heartwarming to see: The German Amazon has now listed S3 on PC and PS4 for preorder. :heart:

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07589W18S/ref=twister_B075LF7NX8?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Some things which are a bit worrying about the preorder page though are:

1) The price. 70 Euros is a lot. "Regular" price for newly released physical games is usually around 60 Euros in Germany. But I'm pretty confident the price will drop to a normal level before release.

2) The release date Amazon states. I hope this is not the release date YS Net and Koch Media (Deep Silver) are aiming for. December 30, 2018 would be a very bad release date. I think they need to absolutely make sure the game gets out before December 1st 2018. We neeed the Christmas business. I hope the date is just a placeholder.

Oh yeah, and the logo doesn't get any less fugly, no matter how many times I look at it. But whatever, the logo is the least of my concerns. :)

It's just so awesome to see this. Who would have dared to dream about S3 being up for preorder on Amazon three years ago? And not some Bulgarian niche website, it's Amazon this time. You know, sometimes I still can't believe S3 actually exists but this makes it all the more tangible.
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - That's All, Folks

A new interview with Yu Suzuki at Gamescom emerged. (9Lives.be)

Google Translation:
https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.9lives.be%2Fspecial%2Fportret-van-yu-suzuki-de-gamelegende-die-een-comeback-forceert-met-shenmue-iii&edit-text=&act=url

Portrait of Yu Suzuki, the game legend that forces a comeback with Shenmue III

With Shenmue III, somewhere in the market next year, legendary game designer Yu Suzuki returns from the Limbo of mobile games to finally make a title with some scale. Who is this person, and why is his comeback such a big deal? A portrait.

https://www.9lives.be/sites/default/files/styles/main/public/content/shenm.jpg?itok=Y6sYY2hz

It is 1985, and a 27-year-old Yu Suzuki undertakes a car trip through Europe. The journey starts in Frankfurt, but takes him further to places like the Romantic Road in Germany, the Swiss Alps, the French Riviera, Florence, Rome, and the Trevi Fountain. The visual impressions he gains there will form the basis for Out Run (1986) for him an ode to the romantic road trip, for the audience of young people who are in luna parks around the red, pneumariate-set Ferrari shears a piece youth sentiment under construction. " A game designer has to open his eyes and ears so that he can bring up the impressions he gains in the world of the game he makes ," Suzuki says now more than thirty years later. "About eighty percent of everything I make is based on my own experiences."

Continuation

Patches from that life of the now 59-year-old game designer will be encountered again in Shenmue III, a third episode of the kung fu-eighties-rpg epic that Suzuki started on the Sega Dreamcast in 1999, especially after the second game. from 2001 became a culthit. A lot of fans stayed until today, sixteen years later, waiting for a successor, Suzuki says. "That is also the main reason why I did not just put my shoulders under something completely new: the many fans who are still there for Shenmue, and who asked me in online forums to finish this story. And so I did the latter . "

Despite the more than sixteen years between the releases of Shenmue III and the previous episode, the game picks up the events of Suzuki's saga almost immediately in 1987. Ryo Hazuki, the late teen from the previous games who is looking for the his father's murderer, migrates to the mountains of Guilin, China. Where he meets Ling Shenhua, the mysterious girl that appears in his dreams. His quest proves to be in touch with hers: a legend from her village already predicted that their paths of life would intersect. In the meantime, he keeps in touch with characters from the previous games via the telephone, who are still in Japan.

Shenmue III is a continuation of a multi-game spanning story that Suzuki already had in his head twenty years ago, he says: it was only because of circumstances that it never went beyond two episodes. Even the themes of Shenmue III remain more or less the same, says Suzuki: " Romance, friendship, adventure. And kung fu. The usual combinations of a Shenmue story. "

Comeback

Yu Suzuki's star started a decade ago within the ranks of Sega, the video gamer in which he grew up. But his influence on the video game medium as we know it is undeniable. We already talked about Out Run, but in the late 80's and early 90's his name featured more big games from the luna park: with the graphically powerful internal hardware that Suzuki designed for those games, and the system of hydraulic pumps that caused the arcades to move, he gave Hang-On, Out Run, Space Harrier and After Burner a completely new élan to the category of arcade cabinets that was already waning. A few years later, he again pioneered, this time in 3D graphics, with games such as Virtua Cop, Virtua Fighter and Virtua Racing for the Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast and the luna carpets from the Japanese manufacturer.

"A game designer has to open his eyes and ears."

When Sega gave him carte blanche at the end of the 90s to develop a big title for the Dreamcast, Suzuki seized the opportunity to start his magnum opus with the first Shenmue. But the market conditions decided differently: the Dreamcast became almost Sega's Titanic, and Suzuki was put on less ambitious projects. At the beginning of the decade he made some worthwhile sequels on games that he himself had helped launch, including Virtua Fighter 4 (2001) and Out Run 2: Coast 2 Coast (2003), but the time of big new things was over. Suzuki's and Sega's roads separated from each other in 2011, and Suzuki went into a sort of subcontracting deal from his own company Ys Net to make mobile versions of Segatitels until he announced the production of Shenmue III two years ago through a Kickstart campaign.

The grandmaster started back at the bottom of the ladder. " I have researched various opportunities to finance Shenmue III, " says Suzuki. " But a Kickstart campaign seemed like the best. It was also hard for us to find a good partner. And we saw the enormous momentum of fans who were still interested in the game. Then I decided to use that power to get the project going again. "

Much changed

In the meantime, the project also found shelter with a new publisher, the German Koch Media. Everything is ready to put the game on the market in 2018. During that very turbulent period, Suzuki also discovered how firmly the medium has changed. Not only the landscape of video game companies looks very different than just a decade ago, when he recorded his last small successes under the Sega flag: the way in which games are made is also very different.

" The arrival of game engines, which are central to development today, has changed a lot, " says Suzuki. "And that is for the most part good: you can analyze everything you want in terms of gameplay much better, quickly create a prototype in which you try small details. But for someone who has been working for a while, it is quite a change: I have to retrain myself to learn to think in that new way. At the time of the first two Shenmue's I wrote all the code myself, and I could quickly check things myself. With the advent of engines, the programming work can be done by a whole team, but that also means that I have to stop a whole process when something does not quite suit me. It has its advantages and disadvantages. But especially advantages. "

With these modern means, a game is still being made that takes place in the 1980s, an era that was deep in the past at the time of the first Shenmue, in 1999. But for Suzuki, himself a late twenties to a young man in the Eighties, the last important stories were told at the time. " With the Shenmue games, I wanted to tell a story about the older eras, when the character of people was even more important than anything else," says Suzuki. "The 80s were the last years of that old time with which today's players still have points of contact. Everything changed afterwards: before the arrival of the modern technology that is waving today, everyone was still largely the same, because we all got the same information. The charm of that era, its innocence in a sense, is for me a never-ending source of inspiration. "
by Kiske
Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki interview (Gamescom 2017) by Shenmue Master

It's odd to use Miao people as a inspiration for a village exclusively inhabited by Han Chinese. I guess the problem is Guangxi, the region Guilin located in, is not stereotypically Chinese, about 40% of its population are minorities. The developers are only interested in exploring Han Chinese culture, yet still want to make Guangxi feel like Guangxi at least superficially.
by qwerty3w
Sat Dec 23, 2017 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Guide Map & Interview

https://i.imgur.com/KcOGfmFl.jpg

The recent publication of an official Shenmue-themed tourist guide map for Yokosuka has caused a buzz of excitement within the Shenmue community.

Shenmue fans may be wondering about how such a map came to be created - for example, was it a proposal from SEGA? To find out more, we contacted one the guide map's co-creators, Eriko Furusaki of the Tourism Planning Division within the Yokosuka City Economic Department, who kindly agreed to share some insight about why and how the guide map was made.

The interview can be read at the Phantom River Stone blog:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/12/interview-with-yokosuka-city-story.html
by Switch
Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki's End-of-year Comments to 4Gamer

Yu Suzuki gives some brief comments to Japanese website 4Gamer.net as part of their annual survey of prominent figures in the game industry.

English translation here:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/1 ... mance.html
by Switch
Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Blog post with some analysis of the new images at Phantom River Stone:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/0 ... shots.html
by Switch
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #79: MAGIC 2018 Participation Info

Let’s hope the conference will be open to public, i’m going to MAGIC just for Yu and Shenmue.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One thing i am happy about though is that they seemed to have given his jacket its used look again. It bothered me a bit how in previous screens ryo looked like he had just came out of zara.
by south carmain
Sat Jan 20, 2018 6:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Gameplay Trailer

This can be reported on YouTube as spam and misleading content.

If you watch the video to the end you will see it is a humorous video. Its a well put together, shenmue influenced fan made video... don't be so uptight. I thought Shenmue fans would like the in game joke at the end.
You don't understand. The title and thumbnail appear as an official video. But it isn't. That is misleading content. It doesn't matter if there's a reveal at the end. You still wasted the viewer's time if they didnt know it was fan made.
by BlueCreeperBoy12
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Interview with Shenmue 2 Designer: Norikazu Hirai

SEGA recently published an interview with one of the designers who worked on Shenmue II, Norikazu Hirai.

I've translated the part where he talks about his Shenmue work. It turns out that he is the person who was responsible for designing the Sword of Seven Stars. He also reveals that Yu Suzuki's original concept for it was actually a "Dagger" of Seven Stars!

https://i.imgur.com/G2o1nKrl.png

Link to interview translation:
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/02/interview-with-shenmue-ii-designer.html
by Switch
Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I’m not going to panic and make assumptions about the quality of the final product like some of you clowns are, but to only show 4 screenshots after the hype leading up to this event is PR malpractice at best.
I’m not worried about the quality, but I think they need to start upping their transparency about where they are in their development. The Kickstarter component is making it vital. If this were just some game being developed privately with private funds, I’d feel differently. We’re nearly three years in and are being given some cinematic screenshots and an old trailer that shows no actual gameplay. Something is up...
by mjq jazz bar
Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That's the best I could find.
That was the version posted by Shenmue Forever on Twitter right after it was shown, which was split into two parts and both tweets were deleted. Only the last 10 seconds or so are missing. Those last 10 seconds have not been lost though, I have my own copies that I saved and stitched together on the correct frame once I realized those tweets were deleted. I'm not going to share that just yet, because I'm hoping that one of the people who originally recorded it will release their video in full quality. And I also want to see how the whole thing goes regarding whether they get taken down or left alone. In absolutely worst case scenario, it can resurface once we have proper new footage, at a time where the outdated footage wouldn't be a problem to share anymore.

I posted my thoughts elsewhere, but simple summary:
1. Liked the new QTE stuff that we saw, QTE Title Arcade game, and more people in Choubu.
2. Disliked the fact that they showed a video that we know is 6 months old at this point.

In a few days, preferably after we get a kickstarter update about this (and depending on it's content) I will probably quote my old post about why I thought they were still on schedule because they potentially failed my criteria for showing they could meet a 2018 release. It's hard to tell because they're really not giving us any information about what they hope to have accomplished by what times, so I have to base it on what I think their schedule needs to be and in order to evaluate that they need to tell us how various things are going. I now have a new estimate for where I think they are, but I'm going to hold on to my thoughts for a little longer because we haven't heard much from those who attended the event who can provide more information.
by Sappharad
Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Comparison Ryo with and without facial animations/new mo

https://i.imgur.com/ULBhgx3.jpg

"why I'm beating this old man when the only certain thing in life is suffering ?".
"Is anything even worth it ? I should have banged joy only to feel what is like to feel alive".
"Does Nozomi think about me like I think about her everytime before I go to sleep, the pain is too much to bear".
by shredingskin
Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What we hope to happen in Shenmue III

Right now I'm not even really concerned about the story and whether or not we will need more games to reach a satisfying conclusion. What I want is more F.R.E.E - Full Reactive Eyes Entertainment. That sense of immersion and intricate level of detail that can only be found in the world of Shenmue. As long as Yu Suzuki delivers on that I think I'll be fairly happy with whatever direction the story takes. For me, Shenmue 3 is about the journey and not necessarily the destination.
by Kintor
Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yokosuka wrote:
(btw, did Hitler adapt well to his new life in Argentina?)

That reminds me of this:

phpBB [video]

:rotflmao:
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Is this twitter account an eccentric troll?

It's a poorly programmed bot. Its designer picked up on Shenmue as a hot keyword and it just trawls for others to compose random tweets that might get it noticed and followed, presumably by people with a terrible grasp of English.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

So, random thought of the day :
Newcomers starting with Shenmue 3 are entering the story the same way Shenhua does.

This thought made my day as it means that, there's little risk newcomers can be lost with the game.

Let me explain myself :
In universe, Shenhua only knows the basics about Ryo and his journey up to that point.
(Ryo is following after someone. He his a bit impulsive/naive but a good guy overall...)

As I believe the story of Shenmue 3 will make sense, Shenhua will have to understand what's going on.
(I'm going with the hypothesis that Ryo is not going to hide too much to her.)

So, as it turns out, maybe it's the most corect way to see it :
Starting with SH3 is starting the story "in Shenhua's shoes",
while, old veterans are "putting back on Ryo's jacket" !

Basically, you could see this as reading "The Lord of the Ring" before reading "The Hobbit".
(Even if we're not here to compare J.R.R. Tolkien and Yu Suzuki...)

So, yes, I have faith that SH3 can connect with new players.
Not in the same way it is going to connect with old fans, but it should work anyway.
by swimingdeer
Thu Mar 01, 2018 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Dreamcast

http://cdn-enterprise.discourse.org/gamekult_forum/forum/uploads/default/original/3X/8/a/8a21b77e766965d45a4d3a2560067eedd9a29c62.jpg

Are you intertessting by an un-official or official paper box case like Dreamcast for Shenmue 3 on PS4 ?

I can make it (I am Graphic Designer) and propose my free work to Koch Media and Depp Silver.
by Gastarot
Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Special Trailer HD Remaster

I've always wanted an HD version of the "Shenmue II Special Trailer" that Sega released at some point in the middle of 2001. I remember back then IGN usually had 640x480 versions of most of the trailers, but those have been lost to time. The only remaining copy that I can find is the low res-version on Disc 4 when you place it in a PC. This project was to remaster the trailer in HD.

Version 1 completed trailer:
https://youtu.be/oRhlxgtr1ps

My primary video source has been Mr357's Shenmue 2 movie, but there are several clips that are either from the wrong time of day, different in the final game (the lighthouse scene in Beverly Hills Wharf for example), or just aren't part of the 9 hours that Mr357 recorded. (7pm night transitions, Fengmei scene in the diner, etc.) Also, the font used in the trailer doesn't appear to be publicly available. A font search engine found me one that's close, but as you can see some letters are slightly different.

There are also some interesting differences to be noted in the scenes that do match. For example, the scene with Yuan and Duck Race Man in the basement of the warehouse, one of the random henchmen is different in the trailer. In some cases characters blink at different times.

This project has given me new appreciation for the time and effort required to produce a trailer, and it make sense now how time consuming it would've been for YSnet to produce a Shenmue 3 trailer for MAGIC this year. Putting together what you've seen so far took over 8 hours, and it's less than 2 minutes long. There are several scenes where things are chopped together not only in small bits, but out of order that they appear in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if the original version of this trailer took someone a few weeks to make.

I'm hoping to have a finished "draft" of the base trailer using the clips I have already have finished in a few weeks, then I can go back and replace some of the stuff that's inaccurate. I might also consider using something like SVP to interpolate the source footage to 60fps, but my current video editor actually only does 30. (There's a newer version that does 60, I just haven't had a reason to buy it yet.) I wanted to post the WIP here in case anyone's interested in helping to improve the accuracy at all. I can replace the font for example, if someone either finds the original or wants to recreate the existing text as vectors. Or if someone is interested in recording more 1080p source footage, it would save me time. Either way, I plan to finish this since it's over half way done.

What do you think?
by Sappharad
Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki's Conference at MAGIC 2018 [ENG]

Subtitles have now been completed for the video footage of Yu Suzuki's conference taken by Peter Campbell at MAGIC 2018.

(Translations by PhantomRiverStone.com & Shenmue Forever.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGZktkL5q-I

There is also a full written transcript up on the Phantom River Stone blog:

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2018/03/yu-suzukis-magic-conference-in-english.html
by Switch
Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

Thanks to mjq jazz bar for finding this out. It seems to have slipped through the net.

A few days ago Corey posted a status on Facebook, and a fan asked him when VO recording for the English dub begins. Corey replied that currently the plan is for him to begin in late May.

https://abload.de/img/cm2blankl9qvn.jpg

While it's possible things could slip, seems the intention is to begin recording ASAP.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmusings (My Shenmue blog) UPDATED 3/7/18

https://i2.wp.com/shenmusings.files.wordpress.com/2018/02/cropped-shenmusings-banner-notext1.png?ssl=1&w=450
http://shenmusings.wordpress.com

Hi all! I've recently started my own Shenmue blog. I am intending this blog to be my space to share my thoughts, reflections, trivia and little known facts about the series - writing is the other passion I have in life, and I have wanted to somehow combine these passions for a long time now, hence Shenmusings. Some posts will get into my own personal history of the series, and of course my experiences with this very forum.

I hope you find the blog informative and enlightening to read - here are all of the posts I have made so far:

Discovering Shenmue (Part 1 of 2)
Discovering Shenmue (Part 2 of 2)
The Shenmue II Character Database
Antiquity Trees and Flower Girls: Symbolism in Shenmue (Part 1 of 2)
Antiquity Trees and Flower Girls: Symbolism in Shenmue (Part 2 of 2)
Men in Black Mix Up

LATEST POST:
The Phantom Teahouse Lady (And Other Devious Guidebook Lies)

Also, keep up to date via the Shenmusings Facebook and Twitter pages:
Facebook
Twitter
by Miles Prower
Wed Mar 21, 2018 3:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Greetings backers!
Today we have something very special indeed for you.
Throughout this campaign, many people have voiced their concerns that newcomers to the Shenmue series may feel alienated. Currently, there is no easy or convenient way to play Shenmue I and II without original Dreamcast/Xbox hardware and that's something we'd like to change.

We don't have the budget to fund fully fledged HD remasters of the first two games. But we're not going to let this stop us from bringing new fans a way to enjoy Shenmue I and II.

After much hard work, we proudly present to you: Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure novel!

https://i.imgur.com/G2vwAUj.png

A Story Retold:

Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure is a complete retelling of the original two games in interactive novel form. Story and progression awaits you with every page turn. Much like the original video adaptation of the game, you can directly control Ryo's decisions and effect the way in which the story plays out.

https://i.imgur.com/WrGntty.jpg

New Features:

Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure will also include extra features that were not previously available in the original games. An example of this is the ability to save anywhere in Shenmue I with the included 'Save Anywhere' bookmark!

https://i.imgur.com/mKn1IXo.png

Modding API:

And finally, here's something all you modders and hackers will love. For the first time EVER , an official modding API will be available for Shenmue I and II. With this powerful and flexible API you can do almost anything; from tweaking the story to your liking, to using our advanced 'book engine' to make something completely different. The possibilities are endless. The only limit is your imagination!

https://i.imgur.com/WqH7NS0.png

That about wraps up our special announcement. We hope that you're just as excited as we are for Shenmue HD: The Choose Your Own Adventure .
Be sure to catch us at E3 this June where we will have a playable demo available for the public to enjoy.

Many thanks for your continued support:
- The Awesome Japan Team and YS.NET

As always Dojo, have a great April!
by Jibby
Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Yokosuka wrote: It's so cool that I added the game to my "collection".

8-[

Shenmue Paranormal sounds exciting! Is that the one where the Hazuki Dojo features on an episode of Ghost Hunters because Iwao won't stop haunting the place? :lol:
by Jibby
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Carrot-obsessed martial arts ghost would be the best episode of Most Haunted, ever.
by Spaghetti
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

3D - Ryo's Room remake [ Updated : 04/17/2018 ]

Hello everyone,

I'm doing a remake of Ryo's room, everything is done from scratch, I don't reuse models and textures of original game, I used models only to respect the proportions

Do not hesitate to tell me what you think or if you have suggestions to improve my work.

Work in Progress ! ;-)

Render 04/17/2018:

https://i.imgur.com/SUNDHdG.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/RtdNlG7.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Pu7jk78.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/x6hM2uL.jpg
by Rafik
Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's Room remake - 3D [WIP]

Absoloutly phenomenal work. Im sure every Shenmue fan would love to explore various area of the game in VR.
by ShenSun
Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

It's $50 a game and the rule is...
by Chaikilla
Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 1 & 2 game developers

Haven't seen this mentioned much yet so figured id post here. D3T's the company porting the games from their original code. Seems to be a small company based in the UK. If you look into their history, one of their bigger/most relevant accomplishments seems to be an award they won for helping port The Witcher 3 to ps4.

If you look at this opportunity from their perspective, this seems to be a pretty big deal for them as a company. Depending on the quality they deliver on this project, this could potentially set them up as a possible runner up or direct competitor to BluePoint. They seem thrilled to have this opportunity and have repeatedly mentioned on facebook the possibility of having developers diaries if there's enough interest. Instead of speculating about potential shortcomings, id love if we could come together and support these guys as much as possible. They're just people, and support goes a long way. Here's a link to their Facebook page. Cheers.

https://m.facebook.com/d3tLtd/
by TheThreeevils
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Recently Created Gaming Mug in Celebration

Hey guys!

In the excitement I decided to paint a new coffee mug for myself. I did this two weeks ago but thought you guys may like it.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/Mobile%20Uploads/20180415_064731_zpshc3w5eey.jpg
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a386/Telekill/Mobile%20Uploads/20180415_064726_zpsfampy7vp.jpg

One of the games displayed is of course Shenmue. I didn't want to put the 3 because I hoped the HD collection would be announced. Luckily it was.
The others are Uncharted (favorite series), Ghost of Tsushima (highly anticipated), Assassin's Creed (also a favorite), Red Dead Redemption 2 (highly anticipated), and Soul Calibur 6.

Not pictured on the other side of the mug is the Nintendo Switch side displaying Zelda, Smash Bros and the upcoming Yoshi.

I may make a completely Shenmue oriented one after the HD collection releases.
by Telekill
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

In this promo videdo you can see Shenhua with the same dead eyes as in the HD version.

You can see the same scene twice one with her ingame model the other one is exactly like the HD trailer, none is the same as the final retail version, that is another of the concerns I wanted to talk in the thread I created.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8n5HnFL5BE
by Esppiral
Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice to have Features for HD Release

Can I get the option to play in Japanese audio for S1, but still have Goro's english voice? I'd really like that.
by myshtuff
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic