Search found 44 matches

Return

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

http://i1.cdnds.net/12/25/618x528/gaming_nintendo_3ds_xl_2.jpg
http://31.media.tumblr.com/74b0ef27cc623bc3365266089861e170/tumblr_mi7vpeYYYr1qlyhdyo1_500.jpg

was so worth it to get rid of my original 3ds last year

love the xl

loving animal crossing again too. they've changed enough and given you more control over the town, so it's not gonna get old in 4 days like the wii game

plan on grabbing mario kart again (maybe), and mario 3d land at some point too

edit: sup axm do you have new leaf?
by Chaos
Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy Birthday Topic

Ryudo wrote: Chaos and Miles Happy birthday!

well you were a day off but thanks! (8 months later :-" )
by Chaos
Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

phpBB [video]

need some relaxing music tonight :mad:
by Chaos
Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need a search party Edit: members missing

I miss that chaos guy
by Chaos
Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

Just watched Birdman

I've been wanting to see this so bad since I first saw the trailer, but none of the movie theaters around me played it. Finally found a way to watch it through other means...

Best movie I've seen in years.
by Chaos
Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controversial gaming opinions

Axm wrote:Resident Evil tank controls are great..

The tank controls work perfectly for the resident evil games. Never understood the whining about it. (Aside from maybe RE1, where you couldn't quick turn)
by Chaos
Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games you know inside-out?

redline wrote:i haven't played shenmue 1 or 2 in many, many years. the plan is to forget the games as much as possible & play them "fresh".

This is the best way to play shenmue. I usually can't go more than two years before playing again though.
by Chaos
Sun Jan 25, 2015 4:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Games you know inside-out?

I know the shenmue games pretty well, but I space my playthroughs out far enough that I never memorize exactly where to go through the whole game. I like keeping it that way.
by Chaos
Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really did not like godzilla at all. I had a really hard time giving a shit about the main character after
Bryan Cranston died so fast. The fight that finally came at the end was pretty cool though.

Pacific Rim was a better monster movie.
by Chaos
Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Anyone else prefer the English dub?

The English voice acting isn't great. It's far from it, actually, but I don't really care. Playing Shenmue II in Japanese for the first time just didn't feel right to me. Corey Marshall just IS Ryo to me.
by Chaos
Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just finished John Wick. I wasn't expecting much but it was a pretty fun mindless action movie.
by Chaos
Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

I'm debating if I wanna rewatch inuyasha so I can watch the final act. I was so pissed when the show ended before finishing the story. And now it's been like 10 years since I finished it, and I don't remember anything, so I can't just start the final act. (I tried and had no idea what was going on.)

I honestly don't think it's that awful of a show, it just went on too long.
by Chaos
Tue Mar 03, 2015 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm rewatching all the fast and furious movies to prepare for the fast and furious 7

Shit on em if you want but they're fun action movies
by Chaos
Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Done The Shield too, and yeah, it's also one of the best TV shows going. Doesn't really get the recognition it deserves either since those lists that mention The Sopranos, The Wire, Breaking Bad etc. don't reference The Shield too often.

The theme tune matched the show itself really well, too. :D

Also, have you given House of Cards (the Kevin Spacey current version) a try? I found it had the quality feel of the great shows above, so may be worth checking out...
House of Cards is pretty good. I found the third season to be pretty disappointing but it's worth a watch.
by Chaos
Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Once again, Hotline Miami 2 has an amazing soundtrack
phpBB [video]
by Chaos
Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

got my first interview in months setup for tomorrow and freakin out like I always do

\:D/
by Chaos
Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just re-watched Interstellar

Really loved that movie, even with the ending. Wish I could have seen it at an imax though.
by Chaos
Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kenny wrote: After owning an Android for years, I'm thinking of going to the iPhone now.

Fucking things are too pricey for me though.

all the good smartphones are pretty much the same price, subsidized or not.
by Chaos
Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

iPhone's do have a very acurate touch screen. Probably the best screens to type on, but get an Xperia with a big enough display and the difference is negligible.
Touch screen tech keeps getting better these days. Most Androids used to have horrible touch screens, now like I said, way better if not almost same.
Pretty much. As long as you're not buying a bargain bin android phone, you're getting the same quality as an iPhone. As for typing, there are a bunch of different keyboards that you can download to replace the default one. I've just been using the stock google keyboard for quite a while now and it's pretty accurate. If you don't like google's keyboard, give swiftkey a try.

I'm really interested to see what Ubuntu does with their phones. At the moment, it kinda looks like a pile of shit, but it looks promising.
by Chaos
Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: Guess I am just rambling on here since I don't rely have anyone else to ramble on to.

Ramble away, it helps.
by Chaos
Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Chaos
Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye.

by Chaos
Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I always enjoyed the english versions of yu yu hakusho openings/endings.

Probably just a matter of what you were exposed to first.
by Chaos
Sat Apr 04, 2015 3:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

lavrentis wrote: new site - what you guys think ? http://www.ham-made.co.uk/

im not actually a photographer but i love the photographer sites ( i did take the pics though)

Cool site
by Chaos
Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

Well, that's a shame. He could have a temper with people at times but I still used to enjoy talking to him. Haven't talked to him consistently in a few years except once or twice on steam.

Man I miss shenmue IRC channels with Ryudo, Yukio, and others.

The dojo doesn't have an IRC channel atm does it?
by Chaos
Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=15894

This topic about some short film aimed at homosexual viewers which used Shenmue references always sticks in my head as a perfect example of over reaction. Some people were seriously outraged! :lol:
lmao

I wanna see a video of that

Funny how quickly attitudes changed in the last few years. If that was posted today, I bet just about everyone here would have a laugh about it.
by Chaos
Mon Apr 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controller Wars? (Poll)

Hmmmmm. Controllers. Gaming pads. So on and so forth......

I am not gonna vote, i am just gonna selfishly give my personal views of controllers ive used over the past 30 years as a gamer.

To start off, whats the point of the 4 in 1 pong console because it was just a knob you turned. Same for the original common joystick with 1 red button. Pretty primitive, but none the less necessary. So along came the first controllers i ever properly used. The SNES and the Mega Drive with their 6 button/3 button/D-Pad configuration. Classic gaming peripheral for the time. I was a Mega Drive owner, and loved the attitude design of the Sega controller. But 6 buttons are better than 3, so the SNES controller wins out of these two. Plus the colour scheme of the buttons, the L and R bumpers, the softness and smoothness of the D-Pad not only made it a great controller, it added to the positive experience of playing games which required button combinations, mostly in the case of beat-em ups. This pissed all over Segas games at the time. Anyone who played the eagerly awaited Mortal Kombat 2 on the Mega Drive knows exactly what i am talking about. If you were asking Santa for MK2 or Super Street Fighter for your Mega Drive that Christmas, you were a flat out moron if you didnt also ask him to slip in a newly released 6 button joypad. I mean, High Punch/Low Punch. High Kick/Low Kick. Count the key attack commands. Its clear 3 buttons will not make a great gaming experience. End of talk. Over.

Ironically, despite being so so long ago, Nintendo went outside the box. When i say outside the box, i mean take the most outlandishly radical, yet the most common sensical idea and develop it into a reality in the eyes of the general public. Strictly from a gaming standpoint, the released the N64 joypad with the incredible analogue stick. An absolute joy to feel in your hand and wiggle with your thumb. Not only that, but it wasnt a nifty trick or a market fad to sell a console. It was 100% necessary for new 3D generation of games. The first ever memory i have of the N64 is the image of Mario spinning around Bowser by the tail, which TV show Gamesmaster showed in a preview. Now just to nip any arguments in the bud, i am classing this as the first proper analogue controller over the Playstations version, because even though the original analogue PS controller was officially released a few months before the N64s release, it was more or less useless, with games still being developed with the D-pad/arrow controls in mind. They were an option at best, even more so accented by the fact that newwly released PS consoles were released with the analogue controllers but only as an option that had to be avtivated in the consoles menu, and later on by a button on the controller itself.
Anyways, the N64 games were created around the analogue stick. Again, its necessity, not a gimmick (or a misunderstood gimmick) and boy did it hit big. From spinning Bowser a full 360 degrees into a bomb in Mario 64, flipping my jetski from the left to the right in Wave race, to gliding down Mount Rushmore on my Hang Glider in Pilotwings, to aiming my sniper crosshair in Goldeneye. Just a feeling of proper control i had never experienced until that point. The how about the C buttons, and also the Z button. Proper 4 optional buttons that didnt make things complicated as you would rightfully expect, and also a proper gun trigger button respectively. Add into that a rumble pack and it honestly was like firing a real gun in a way.

At this point i am going to unashamedly admit i have never been a Playstation fan, specifically for 1 main reason; the controller. I just never liked it. 4 trigger buttons? Am i supposed to have my index and also middle fingers permanently rested upon them? Is that how i am meant to use it? If i dont, does that mean i will not play games as well as others? Then add 2 analogue sticks to it, in the most uncomfortable position possible. My thumbs are not meant to be maintained in a 90 degree position in relation to my index fingers up around the trigger buttons for a sustained period of time!! Who invented this thing?? Add to the fact that the LS and RS are push down buttons?? How am i meant to have control over this, errr, controller? I physically cant! Am i meant to, i mean are my hands meant to be of a certain size and build to use this thing?
And best of all, it hasnt fucking changed majorally in almost 20 years!!! Shite. Chunky. Grey. Poor design. Bland. Repetitive. Unimaginative. Sorry to all the Playstation fans out there, but.... i aint sorry at all. The only Playstation i have owned for a long while is the PS3, and from day one, i have played it with an XBM box and a wired USB Xbox 360 controller. I just ignored the six-axis function games all together, and the point is that i managed to enjoy PS games more with the Xbox controller than what i would have enjoyed if i had of used the PS controller. That covers Sony from its first console until its todays, baring a few different tweaks.

That leaves 2 controllers left i have to discuss; The Dreamcast and the Xbox console range of controllers.

Firstly, the Dreamcast. I will avoid any nostalgia/fanboyisms i have for the console, but i loved the DC controller. It took all the best bits of console controllers up to that point, came up with a good design, and even in its controller, proved that it was ahead of its time with the removable VMU. Nintendo redefined the controller with the N64, namely with analogue controls and also a hardware slot in the controller. Sega built on this with a great full smooth 360 analogue stick, smooth designs with its hand grooving, and best of all, a visual screen from a Visual Memory Unit which can be slotted in to act as an in game feature, or just a memory card. For its time it was great, even if it was ahead of its time. I loved it at the time, but going back and feeling it in my hands now after years of using modern console controllers, i cant describe it, but it just feels old . I cant describe it much more than that. It feels skinny. Or light. Or.... something! It just feels like a console controller from its time. But still a great controller.

Finally, the Xbox range. The original i feel was a copy of the DC pad, with a chunkier design, built in added rumble function, but most importantly the full implementation of a second analogue stick. From the many reasons its vital to its purpose, the main attraction for me was its correct placement. A much more comfortable and natural position when compared to the PS Dualshock. The LS and RS buttons were much more easier to action, and everything else was more or less the same as the DC controller. a L and R trigger, and 4 button cross layout. Almost perfect, except it was a heavy chunky brick in your hand.
But the 360 slimmed it all down, and applied the "aint broke, dont fix it" approach. And it worked. Not only that, but MS solved a big problem the console/PC base had problems with for years; software for PCs to allow the 360 controller to be used on PCs, making playing games through emulators much more appealing.
Ive typed for ages and i am running out of steam here since i am also shattered, but i will maybe say that the Xbox One controller is in fact my favourite. Its a bit chunkier than the 360, which i feel is a good thing (yes i said it!) and the materials feel a lot smoother and better. Also the curved trigger buttons are much softer and comfortable to use, as well as the analogue sticks a lot easier to grip.

Finally, i know i havent included the Wii or the Wii-U into the above aricle, because, well i dont class them as fully integrated proper "controllers". They do control the game and the console yes.... but again i cant describe it. They are in a category of their own, due to being in a controller world where there is no comparison. Perhaps another topic is controller v motion controller topic, comparing them with the Kinect and PS Move, but i dont want to discuss them here.
http://i.imgur.com/HykUBaC.gif

edit: just kidding I finally read it. I agree with you about the playstation controllers. They need to stop using the same design imo, it's just not a comfortable controller to hold compared to the xbox controllers.

The dreamcast controller isn't bad, but I agree that microsoft took the concept of the controller and kinda perfected it. Their controllers are so comfortable to hold, and the analog sticks are in the perfect spots.
by Chaos
Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controller Wars? (Poll)

I understand what you're saying, but I think you're overstating how bad any input lag is.

Either way, to each their own.
by Chaos
Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite musical piece in the series?

MiTT3NZ wrote: Departure for Hope. For the same reasons.

phpBB [video]

This has always been my favorite song from the series.
by Chaos
Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

Sonikku wrote:
Sega wrote: "We’d like to win back the customers’ trust"

What's stoppin' ya?

Too busy being sega.
by Chaos
Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Two added stretch goals

Shenhua-Nani? wrote: Sorry, but this looks stupid, stretch goals should be gameplay related, and not shots at other games lol

Not sure how it's a shot at anything? It's motivation to get even more money.
by Chaos
Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

aw shit, got space harrier from tomato convenience store for the first time in like 10 years
by Chaos
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any non stereotypical J Pop out there?

DAI is probably more j-rock than j-pop I guess, but...

phpBB [video]

They've been my favorite band for a good 13ish years, hope you like em.
by Chaos
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Tried my best to re-create the You Arcade in animal crossing new leaf

had to take some artistic liberties... :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/c7flckl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mi395Ce.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/kzRDOk5.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/f8JGBuW.jpg

The Iwao and Tomato Mart paintings were made for me by a friend from another forum last year.

I wanted to try to do the hazuki dojo too but I don't think there's enough similar furniture to do it :(
by Chaos
Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also I recently made a second character to hold extra junk for me instead of holding it on my main dude

meet Nozomi.

turned her house into a little "flower shop"

http://i.imgur.com/9NxjVur.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0shfKhJ.jpg

I'm a dork

friend made her outfit for me
by Chaos
Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resident Evil 2 REMAKE ANNOUNCED! OMG!

amiga1200 wrote: :???: (seen this before)
yeah, i'll wait my turn for a TANGIBLE item to be got, thanks! 8)

what :-s

anyway, here's hoping it's as good as REmake was and capcom doesn't fuck it up.
by Chaos
Thu Aug 13, 2015 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Grabbed that deal from microsoft yesterday

Got a gears of war bundle xbone
they were out of some minecraft ripoff i was supposed to get, so they gave me forza 5
assassins creed unity came with it
got halo 5 and master chief collection

all for $350

pretty good I'd say
by Chaos
Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Since I was last here, I've bought way too much shit...

A 2012 Chevy Cruze. I hadn't planned on buying a car for at least a few months, but my old one kinda forced my hand. My new job's going pretty good so far, so why not. Love the thing so far.

Here's a terrible pic I took the night I bought it, in a walmart parking lot of all places. Haven't taken anymore pics of it. http://i.imgur.com/6cl9pAW.jpg

Got a shitty laptop on black friday, just to have something not awful to use until I decide to build a nice desktop.

I got an xbone a few weeks ago thanks to a sale. Came with Halo 5, Halo: MCC, Forza 5, and Gears of War Ultimate. Been playing a ton of Halo 5. I wish MCC was more populated though. :(

I got a new wallet the other day to replace my probably 10+ year old one that was falling apart.. \:D/ Got some new jeans and shirts too.

Some new shoes for work.

Got an iPhone 6S 64GB because my HTC One would barely last a whole day.

I plan on finally contributing to Shenmue 3 this week when I get paid again. Probably only gonna do $60 or so because I plan on spending way too much on Christmas presents, but at least I'll finally be able to.

I think that covers the major things I've bought over the last few weeks.. Been broke/poor for quite a while so it felt kinda good to buy some nice shit for a change.

Edited this post a few times to add some things as I think of them.
by Chaos
Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Halo 5

The campaign was pretty meh. Having to fight the same boss over and over every level or two got extremely tiring.

Multiplayer, gameplay-wise, is the best Halo has been since Halo 3 imo. They've fixed most of my complaints from Reach and 4. The major downfall is a horrible lack of variety in maps and gametypes. Also holy FUCK are forge maps disgustingly ugly.

ps, axm and yama we gotta play sometime. I haven't had much time lately because of outside shit I've had to do for work but I'm gonna grab a new mic this week and play a shitload.
by Chaos
Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Not my picture, but this should be here in a few days 8)

I also dug out my Saturn and wanna start collecting games for it so I bought this too
by Chaos
Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nintendo Switch
Mario Kart 8
Binding of Isaac on switch
tom nook and mabel amiibos
stardew valley collectors edition physical for ps4
ffxv on ps4 which I 100% regret I cant stand the combat at all
by Chaos
Tue May 02, 2017 11:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Captain Toad is $20 on ebay directly from nintendo, with the amiibo, so I grabbed that

heard good things
by Chaos
Mon May 29, 2017 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic