Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Duck Racing - Shenmue II

My music is on shuffle, okay?
by Supa
Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone else prefer the English dub?

I'll say it again for good measure, I do like the English dub on occasion. It has its own character to it.
However..

I live in Japan, my wife is Japanese, I have Japanese friends, I can speak Japanese etc.. but how did I ever get to this point in my life as a born and raised American? I played Shenmue when I was 14 and it opened my eyes to Japan more so then anything else had ever done with me. Before Shenmue I probably couldnt tell you the difference between any of the Asian countries besides what I knew from school history textbooks.

So if someone wants to play the game in Japanese because its interesting to them then I absolutely say to go for it. It might change your life to at the very least give you a more authentic experience. Somewhere in between there.

And really for any forgien movie like ie. Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, Downfall, whatever, I'll choose the original language track. I dont mind subtitles at all. Infact for some movies even still in English ill put subtitles on just so I can catch every word.
by Axm
Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What operating system(s) do you use? (Poll)

Gentoo is probably the only "big" distro I've never tried. Screw compiling everything.

I don't think I could bring myself to seriously try BSD at this point. I dealt with Linux being a niche OS that barely anyone used (talking desktop use here) for years because I loved it, but now it's finally really coming around with mainstream support. (Thanks valve)

Also, arch is just too good to give up.

In Gentoo, you could use pre-compiled binaries for large packages. I don't think it's worth it to compile every single package. Arch is heavenly though, for a lot of reasons, pacman being one :D .
by AM2
Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

I think I'm gonna rewatch Heat tonight. Such a good movie. That bank robbery scene goddamn
One of my favourite films. Made me a lifetime Michael Mann fan..
Any recommendations for other michael mann films?
Collateral, Thief, Manhunter and The Insider are what I'd whole heartedly recommended.

Miami Vice is more of an acquired taste. I'd also say The Last of The Mohicans if you're interested in the time period.

I've yet to find anything on The Keep but I really want to see it as it's Mann's only sci-fi to date.

Here's some recommended reading too. It traces his career upto Miami Vice.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michael-Mann-Taschen-Film-Feeney/dp/3822831417/ref=sr_1_8?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1427138440&sr=1-8&keywords=michael+mann
by Crimson Ryan
Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

Got the thing boxed for a fiver.
Now all I gotta do is get some fanfold paper and fix my commodore 64.
by mrslig100
Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The return of the original Shenmuedojo.com

The original Shenmuedojo.com domain is now back with us again. Shenmue Dojo was created 15 years ago with this domain. In 2003 we lost ownership of it and only recently were we able to get it back.
by Ziming
Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

You must be referring to Waypool.

Deadpool himself is a good character with some surprisingly deep stories and characterization (relatively speaking for a character like Deadpool).

However, Daniel Way did a run where he turned Deadpool into a fourth-wall breaking/meta humor, lol randum character. Of course this is the version that exploded into popularity and propelled Deadpool into the public eye. Comic nerds get mad that the worst version of the character is the popular one that's starred in video games, movies, etc. Then again, comic nerds get mad about any adaptation that goes into the mainstream.
by Calshot
Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm assuming the Shokotan version is the Japanese? I like the English version as well.
by Supa
Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What TV series are you watching?

Finished YuYu Hakusho and all of the movies/OVAs a week or two ago.

Phenomenal. Best anime I've seen yet. Not that I've seen many..
by Supa
Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Goodbye.

Passion can be good. :) But video games really aren't worth getting this stressed out over. Ah, 15. What an age. You would have been a perfect fit for this place back in 03. All that testosterone raging in our systems. :lol: Though by this point, the community may have outgrown you. Thankfully there are no shortage of great communities for all shapes and sizes all over the internet. I wish you good fortune in your journey.
by Sonikku
Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

wow, shenmue is nearly as old as this kid. #-o

Ride The Tiger - you need to grow thick skin because the internet is filled with nasty people.
by redline
Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Damn I just realized this kid is young enough to be my student.

by Axm
Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Midlife Crisis Thread

Ice to see you..
by Crimson Ryan
Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Classic Dreamcast Gems

BlueMue wrote: Ah, a good opportunity to show off my complete PAL set again. \:D/

Erection.
by Axm
Sun Apr 05, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Controller Wars? (Poll)

Yeah, agreed, to each their own. Sorry, i just like the Super Nintendo too much I think :P
by Thief
Tue Apr 07, 2015 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

People can trash genesis music all they want but some games had some great music on it.

Who's been trashing Genesis music?
Only time I ever hear it actually being "trashed" is either when it comes to the occasional multiplatform game (people tend to prefer the soundtrack in the SNES version of Uncharted Waters: New Horizons, for example) or just when it truly deserves it (random cash-in games tended to have annoying sound work, but that's the same on any console working with a dedicated sound chip).
Anyone trashing it can suck a veiny donkey dick, because these are some of the greatest pieces of videogame music ever made:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQZIuE1gv-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TpuZh9I2Wms

1993 was a very good year.
by OL
Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Initial dislike of Shenmue?

I was the opposite. After reading about it every month in ODM when there was no Internet in my house, and watching the demo disc over and over until I knew every line, piece of music and scene, it would have been easy for it being my own fault for building it up a bit too much and maybe it not being deserved of the pedestal I had pre installed it on.

But for me it even went beyond the hype. From spending an hour of exploring every nook and cranny of Ryos Room after discovering the drawers and cupboard could be opened and objects picked up, I zoomed in on absolutely everything and even explored the items menu before even stepping outside my own room and being greeted by Ine-San. What other game has achieved that?
I understand the reservations of Shenmue and it's various flaws, but it's a game where I will never ever forget when I bought it, where I bought it and how I sat when I played through every bit of it. People forget their first times of playing games, watching movies etc, and judge it after. I could easily do that, and yes, today it can be clunky, annoying and of course, a bit boring. But back then? Christ I was mesmerised in a way that no other game has since done.
by Peter
Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope, it did. Here it is: http://justdubsonline.net/yu-yu-hakusho ... ub#ep1-tab
Maybe there are two English dubs?
by Supa
Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:  Guilin

Ya its my favorite part of the game tbh.
by Axm
Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re:  Guilin

It is you. I rarely see people that don't like Guilin. Although, if we got Shenmue III, II's ending wouldn't be a problem to anyone, I feel. It wasn't meant to be a decade plus long cliffhanger, so it feels out of context.
by Supa
Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What movie are you watching right now?

I still like the 3rd simply because of how many times i watched it as a kid also its setting, but its nothing like the original, or even the electricity of the second TMNT movie. First movie is the best live action TMNT iteration, the second movie is probably the most fun.
by AnimeGamer183
Wed Apr 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Game Of Thrones TV topic

Well, this last episode pretty much made me hate the show and I'm all but done with it. I'll likely continue reading the books but not watch the show.

Basically with the death of Shireen. This deviation from the books served absolutely no purpose other than to apply "shock value" and to otherwise be emotionally manipulative. When I can see the frame-work and the deliberate choices made in order to create buzz, well, I just don't think I care anymore. This whole thing just left a bad taste in my mouth and I don't like being manipulated this way, so I won't. Fuck you show.
by Thief
Mon Jun 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite musical piece in the series?

Departure for Hope. For the same reasons.

phpBB [video]
by MiTT3NZ
Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I have listened to Shenmue music non-stop since KS start

IMO the FREE songs that best capture the atmosphere of Shenmue 1 are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcEJGflY1rQ

and

https://youtu.be/c7-LoB0Jmfs

The sadness these two tracks emote truly separates itself from other games. I can't really think of any other games that perfectly capture the feeling of being lonely with simple musical notes. Incredible work.
by Himuro
Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Issue: pal shenmue 2/vgabox/lcd monitor

Issue resolved!

I tried the codebreaker. It was hard to find a working file, until I got the one from this link:

http://segahub.org/index.php?topic=2508.0

The interface isnt intuitive, but it worked fine, no settings needed, just start game, which now runs fine at 60 fps!

Thanks everyone!
by strider16
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue I too SEGA?

...It's a Sega game. It's meant to be fan service, not 'in your face marketing'.
by Miles Prower
Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just came across a QTE sequence for the very first time.

Chaos wrote: I just finished up a play through of Shenmue, and just this time through found the qte with the schoolgirls in the harbor.

Love that 14 years later I find new stuff.

phpBB [video]
by Giorgio
Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

phpBB [video]
by Locke_cole
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So... Arm Wrestling!

Since I have one of those turbo controllers laying around here again...

phpBB [video]
by BlueMue
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II 100% Complete Notebook Guide NOW AVAILABLE!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/fpBZJq9_zpshovs0qau.jpg

GameFAQ Online Guide - HERE

Microsoft Word Download - Shenmue II 100% COMPLETE NOTEBOOK GUIDE.doc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STORY COMPLETION
|----------|----------|----------|----------|

MONEY INFORMATION COMPLETION
|----------|----------|----------|

TOTAL COMPLETION - 100%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTRODUCTION
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many have tried, all have failed. Since its release, the Shenmue community has STILL to get a full 100% complete notebook guide for Shenmue II. All we have had so far are failed attempts, disappearing acts and a very incomplete notebook with no guide how to complete the entries by Julian McKenzie, which was attempted over 10 years ago. I cannot believe that no one has followed through with completing this project and over the past months I've been itching for a new Shenmue Project to work on. I chatted with Yama briefly, trying to come up with ideas, and whilst some are really good and may be seen in the future, with my technical limitations as well as my time limitations, this seemed fitting for this point in time. I've been researching all attempts gone before for the past month now, and also chatting to some people to gather resources to make sure the necessary ground work has been done before even firing up the game. To ensure the finished document will be absolutely verified, i attained the binary files of the notebook entries, both to aid me fill the notebook, and also to make sure nothing is missing or out of place. So, with that out of the way, lets start the path to completing this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
100% COMPLETION?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, lets get something out of the way to begin with. Firstly i have never been 100% sure on this but since starting this project i have gotten my answer. The question i have always wondered is:

"Can the Shenmue II notebook be 100% filled?".

Well, it depends what way you look at it. If you mean a notebook with every page filled and no missing entries in your story, then YES it can be 100% filled. You can get entries which skip and block other entries if you are just casually playing through the story-mode, but if you follow my guide you will not miss an entry. However, in terms of EVERY notebook entry being activated then the answer is NO, it cannot be 100% completed. The simple reason for that is because there are instances where there is more than one way to get to a story point. I have called these instances, "VARIABLES", and they occur around 4 or 5 times throughout the game. So, if this is the case, then how can i call this a 100% COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH? Well, that's because i have spent hours and hours of taking notes, and testing out every variable to get their total entries. It may not seem like a big consumption of time that's needed for them, but it is. From failing each button in a QTE sequence to see where it leads, passing a QTE sequence, visiting locations in order to get a complete set of entries, meeting requirements before an event, and not having met those requirments...Its a hugely painstaking process.

Here, take a look:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/20150522_011528_zpshiuvkxiy.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/20150522_011603_zpsp5prj050.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/20150522_011659_zpscmggyo5o_edit_1432175892191_zpsvpvvk4pz_edit_1432175932260_zpsnzri1uzz.jpg

Not only do i have scrap pages of notes, i have an enlarged replica diary to capture every detail i can. Any time there has been a variable in the storyline, ive had to get the scrap paper out and begin the flow charts. What leads to where, what happens if you do this, what happens in this order or that order, what happens if you have spoken to this person or not.... you get the picture. From the scrap notes, then i have fully written out notes on each variable and what to do if you want to take one path or the other. The notebook entries that appear are usually the same size in terms of their entries to their counterpart variable. What i mean by that, if you take one route that covers 4 lines on one page, then the other will also take up the same page with 4 lines filled. It doesnt affect the overall storyline, but you do get to see some different cutscenes, which may be of interest to some of you who havent experienced all that Shenmue II has to offer.
Another reason that its a painstaking task is because there is one event ive encountered so far where there is a variable within a variable!! So the possibilities that i had to figure out were multiplied. I completed all of those tonight so thankfully thats out of the way. Thats the main piece of information i wanted to address from the beginning, and as the project goes on, i will be adding more notes to this section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT TYPE OF GUIDE WILL THIS BE?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is NOT a complete Shenmue II guide. There are plenty of those out there. There will be no walkthroughs to unlock Fagmeis birthday, or how to get up to the 3rd floor of the Pine Arcade etc. This is a no BS, straight to the point completion of the notebook. Where to go, who to speak to, what to do, and here is the entry. This will be very much like Force Vectors original Shenmue notebook walkthrough which you can check out HERE , but i should point out that i will not name EVERY person who will reveal a notebook entry like he did. There are just far too many NCPs in Shenmue II, and to be honest, you are just grateful to find the right person to speak to in the first place. As i mentioned above, when it comes to a variable, i will outline each option, and what to do when you have chosen the path you want to take.
Some entries may appear in the notebook ahead of where you are, but thats not something to worry about. You just move onto the next entry and follow its instruction unless i will have told you otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COMPLETION TIMEFRAME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the foundations laid with the prep work, things have been going smoothly as they can for 2 weeks. I work 2 jobs so its been mostly a few hours late at night and documenting everything in my physical notebook. The pace was picked up on Monday just gone, when i had a minor operation and now have a full 2 weeks off both jobs to recover. That means bored days sitting on the sofa day and night, not even allowed to leave the house since it rains constantly in Ireland and i cant get my dressings wet. That was another reason the timing of the project was perfect. This will stop me going crazy! I am cleared next Wednesday and head to a weekend festival next weekend (29th-31st May) so my aim is to have the project completed, tested and typed up before then. I am putting in 16 hour shifts in on this, and i hope it will come through in time. I cam currently playing 3 save files on the Dreamcast version of Shenmue II, and once i have reached 100%, i will be doing a full speed test run on the Xbox version to make sure everything checks out. I also want to check and make sure the entries are unlocked on a person/location based action, and not amounts of negative comments received beforehand etc. Just basic QA to make sure everything checks out ok on a separate walkthrough, but also as well as on the Xbox.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And thats it folks! I appreciate any comments, and feel free to discuss anything you have wondered about Shenmue II because i feel like i have seen everything so far, that the game has to offer. Its awesomeness was already at high levels, but with doing this project and seeing how much effort that the development team have put into this game has made it reach favourite game ever levels. I am off to get a few hours sleep before diving back into Kowloon in the morning :P
by Peter
Wed May 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Resume feature

On the contrary, I think it was a good feature. If you had to quit, you could do so at (almost) any time without losing progress, but it couldn't be abused like in Shenmue 2 and most RPG's. In Shenmue 2, I would go to a Big or Small stand in Fortune's Pier which had a maximum bet of $500, save my game right there, and then play until I made as much money as I wanted. If I lost I could just restart my Dreamcast and try again, but if I won I could overwrite the save with one that now had more money, thus securing my winnings. Yes, it comes down to player choice, but I feel as if that was an easy way out of challenge the game was trying to provide. I did the same thing in order to reduce time spent on the Ghost Hall building, but I don't feel bad about that.
by Mr357
Fri Jun 26, 2015 3:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II Game Music (Stream/Download)

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun May 17, 2015 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

Like Theif was saying, we have now reached relevance in the gaming world again.
The project, Yu Suzuki, the fan community.. we are all open game now for trolls, fanboys and ignorant know-it-alls.

-The game isnt on Xbox and is console exclusive on PS4? = We will have Xbox fanboys try and discredit the worth of the game.
-The game doesn't have teh b3st gr4f1x evar?!1 = Looks like pong.
-They never heard of it before? = Doesn't matter whatever its like, it sucks anyways.
-They don't understand how the funding/development works? = Dr. Evil is controlling everything behind doors.

Eventually one of us are going to have a brain aneurysm fighting against the nay sayers. I will probably be that person eventually. Until then I'm going to save my energy for when the game is out and reviewers start slamming it for whatever dumb reasons.
by Axm
Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

So glad they're doing this. I wasn't able to pledge anything to the kickstarter but I hope to stop being worthless here soon and donate via paypal.

You'll get your chance to make a difference. They are dealing with some undisclosed obstacles now, but when Paypal is open, the AJ team assured me that even physical rewards like the replica jacket and the Crystal figure could be part of the rewards tiers. So prepare your wallet for now.

PS. There's nothing worthless about not being able to pledge as tons of people can't even afford it, though they are hardcore fans. Greek fans for example are going through some tough times, so I totally understand.
by sand4fish
Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are you currently playing?

Hmmm, not sure i have heard someone comlpain about actually winning the saturn games in Shenmue, first time for everything I guess. :lol:
by AnimeGamer183
Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any non stereotypical J Pop out there?

If I was a mod I'd see you banned for tomfoolery.
by Rakim
Tue Aug 04, 2015 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duck racing help

i usually skip until about the 25th or 26th of Feb. that should give you plenty of time to win her affection by the 3rd.

one trick to easily getting Fangmei's affections rather than speaking to her each day is to lose the Man Mo park fight (triggered by using chawan sign at man mo bistro). the following day she will automatically start calling you Ryo. otherwise you'll need to get about 12 successful responses to her questions, which might take 3 to 5 days.
by johnvivant
Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Duck racing help

You don't need to activate Fangmei's sidequest to enter the duck racing. But I guess you wanna do both anyway.
by BlueMue
Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tomato Convenience Store

It'd be funny if as an easter egg they just had some Chinese dude as a tomato vendor who whistles the Tomato Convenience Store theme, or someone playing it on a guzheng.
by Amir
Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Some of my black friday purchases. Yep, all clothes, and even more stuff coming from online soon.

UGA Hoodie, Notorious B.I.G. Tee, Incredible Hulk Tee, Dragonball Z Tee, and 3 new pairs of pants.
by AnimeGamer183
Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Chaos wrote: I [...] wanna start collecting games for [my Saturn]

Shall we do the funeral for your wallet now or later? :P
by Thief
Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic