Search found 267 matches

Return

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Bought a 10x pack of 99min number CDs and already killed 2 of them tried to burn ecco 90min version and Shenmue 2 80 min version.

Now I want to burn Shenmue 2 99 min version, but after reading this faq I'm a little bit scared that my drive may not support such big overburn
http://www.infocellar.com/CD/overburn.htm

I'm using Imgburn with default settings, if somebody can give an advise, I would be greatly apreciated

Assuming your rips are good, the problem lies with your burner. All you have to do in Imgburn is select "overburn" when it prompts you.
by Mr357
Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Aimless Gamer wrote: I'm home just really really sore. Man I had a scare when I came home though I thought I was gonna die.

Glad to hear it went as planned (I assume).
by Mr357
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Know what I loved about buying this game, is that I walked in and seen that the retail price for this was £49.99, but the amount of preowned copies was firstly ridiculous, but even more ridiculous was the fact that they were charging £45.99 for a PREOWNED copy.
I didn't even lift a case off of the shelf of my local GAME store, I walked up to the counter and asked for a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn. The guy said sure, walked over, and began flicking through the drawer... Ya know where they take out the game disc and a manual of a PREOWNED copy. I filled with anger watching him do so, and when he came back to me I just stared into his eyes and with venom, I said, "I don't think so, I want a new copy". His reply was, "oh you don't want a preowned copy sir? It's 4 quid cheaper. Could get you a pint mate"

I just lost it. I said firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink. Second, I want my money to go to the people that actually make the game, and not you who have already sold a copy and are looking to completely rip off the developers by peddling preowned games at almost full price!

His look of disgust was priceless, I think he was the manager too but I didn't give a shit. He sulked out the back door, one of them doors with a key code, and got me a sealed new copy. I understand it's getting harder for game stores to stay in business, but the preowned culture is disgusting. I always buy games new, to make sure my money goes to the people that actually made the thing.

https://youtu.be/uK9qgEQdhQ0
by Mr357
Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Coromasta wrote:also bought a house and getting married soon.

Psssh, who cares? You have a Neo Geo! \:D/
by Mr357
Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Seaman Remaster/New Game in the Works?!

Thief wrote: I have it on good authority that nobody actually ever liked Seaman.

Delete this.
by Mr357
Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any Shmup fans?

The PC Engine/Turbografx 16 is the king of shmups.

Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
Blazing Lazers
Lords of Thunder
R-Type
R-Type II
Darius
Super Darius
Paranoia
Detana!! TwinBee
Magical Chase

The list goes on and on
by Mr357
Wed May 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

myshtuff wrote: Got married over the weekend in Vegas in a rocky horror picture show ceremony. I can now officially say my wife and I were married by a fictional alien transvestite in fish net stockings. It's gonna be one hell of an ice breaker for the rest of my life.

Well congratulations! =D>
by Mr357
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

Payday 2 is free on Steam, and you get to keep it forever!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/
by Mr357
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Which character that you voiced in the Shenmue games do you most easily identify with?

Do you find it easier to play the part of a character that you're more similar to, or different from?
by Mr357
Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

It's been mentioned here and there for many months, but now it's official. With Peter's series complete, I will be taking up the reigns and starting a new one with the English version of Shenmue I. The first stream will be this Friday at the same starting time as before (9pm BST/ 4pm EST/ 3pm CST/ 1pm PST). I hope to see lots of you there!
by Mr357
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

Rakim wrote: Believe it or not Chai had his 6 months sober chip by the time the first game started.

Withdrawal is a hell of a phase.
by Mr357
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

The first stream will be this Friday at the same starting time as before ( 9pm GMT / 4pm EST/ 3pm CST/ 1pm PST).

I ask this every time because so many people get it wrong: Is that really 9pm GMT, or is it 9pm BST, the time zone currently being observed in the UK? There's an hour's difference.

Sorry, my mistake. It should be BST.
by Mr357
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I may be the only one dissapointed here......

Certainly not. I'd held off on posting in the E3 topic, but until seeing this I was of the mindset that the December 2017 deadline could be met, and that any significant delay wouldn't make sense because of operating costs. Q3/4 2018 feels really far away, and for the first time I'm finding it hard to be patient. If the game will truly benefit from this, I can't be upset.
by Mr357
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

You think that a foreign country influencing our election isn't important? Don't make this a partisan issue. Everyone is affected here.

The issue is that there's no evidence of anything of that sort happening, yet the media outlets drone on about it 7 days a week because it's great for their ratings. They do not care about the truth or real journalism.
by Mr357
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite lines of dialogue in the game(s)?

My favorite by far is
Chai via phone: "Nyyyyyeeeeeeehehehe! Terry's waiting!"
Ryo: "Who is this?"
by Mr357
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr357's Shenmue Dojo Twitch / Youtube Stream Discussion

I didn't think about it until after the last stream (hence why I didn't mention it), but unfortunately the next stream will have to happen on Thursday instead of Friday like usual. The starting time will be 1pm PST/3pm CST/4pm EST/9pm BST like normal. This will be the finale of Shenmue I, so don't miss it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrxzikTDrk
by Mr357
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

The two motorcycle riding thugs who hang out in Dobuita have different seating positions at the arcade depending on whether you're playing the Japanese or US/EU version of the game.

Japanese

US/EU

by Mr357
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 1

Switch wrote: The chef at the Dou Jiang Diner where Ryo got into a fight, I think. I remember Peter showed this during his Shenmue II stream play-through.

=D> That's correct! I don't remember if he knew about it before I mentioned it.
by Mr357
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenGCH wrote:Ten. Five restaurants and five bars.

Correct!
by Mr357
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which cassette tape features both an amusing typo and (someone who looks very much like) a certain character from the harbour on its cover?

Antiquity Tree! The person on the cover looks like Mark, and the typo is "jyudge" instead of "judge."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3lhhLiy1Wbk/hqdefault.jpg
by Mr357
Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 2

Third floor of the Yan Tin Apartments, all the way down the hall by the window.
by Mr357
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hanhui can teach Ryo moves as a reward for carrying out all of the books each day before noon. All but one of them are simply scrolls that he hands to Ryo. What's the name of the one move that Hanhui demonstrates, and what button combination must you press to use it?
by Mr357
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What now closed business did Yamagishi-san previously go to Dobuita to take advantage of? He specifically tells Ryo that this is why he doesn't go into town anymore.
by Mr357
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamekult interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

Senpai Gamer wrote: I wonder why Yu doesnt want to live in China 0-0?

Let me think... :-k
by Mr357
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 widescreen hacks Dreamcast

Sadly I haven't found the address /value to slow down the game logic, I did found it for other games like sonic adventure or toy commander but not for shenmue T_T

Can anyone think of a cutscene where the game goes slow motion? By comparing values in that, to regular cutscenes, it might be possible to find a 1/2 speed code, which would make 60fps possible.

In Shenmue II, there's multiple occurrences where the framerate locks to 20 while the game speed remains at 60. One is when Ryo and Ren jump out of the Dancing Dragon building, another is when Wong cuts a deal with Ren before picking the lock on their handcuffs, and another is in the final cutscene of the game, immediately after the red beam shoots out of the Phoenix Mirror. There's other times when it shows up, such as when Ryo and Ren are stalking Yuan.

This may not be helpful, but it's an observation I made while recording Shenmue II: The Movie.
by Mr357
Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Earliest possible (in-game date) completion?Speedrun rec

Without glitches, I managed to finish it on January 29th. The only tough parts are beating Chai in the arcade and getting through all 3 Kowloon street fighters in one night.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48933&p=1122323#p1122109
by Mr357
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Keep in mind, there's a separate topic for video game music.

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF down as owner faces sexual allegations again

He's just referencing this.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
by Mr357
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The World Series

I've been watching as many games as possible since the series between the Astros and Yankees. I feel obligated to support my home team, but I can't help but think that they wouldn't stand a chance if the Dodgers management would use their pitchers more effectively, and if their fielders didn't make so many errors. Watching the games so far has been pretty stressful at times, but it's easily the most fun I've had watching baseball in 10+ years.
by Mr357
Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Based on the trailers and Hollywood's (and Ridley Scott's) tendency to produce garbage reboots, I fully expected this film to be a massive pile of shit. I've rarely been so glad to be proven wrong. I loved it, and the more I think about it, the more I appreciate the brilliance that went into it.
by Mr357
Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Daily Shenmue - Starting November 29th

I've been thinking for years that someone should do this. Glad to see it actually happen!
by Mr357
Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

Riku Rose wrote: Snatcher is always one that people love the soundtrack to but I never see Jamie’s theme get mentioned. I find it so soothing.

I could post Snatcher tracks all day, especially since the various versions of the game have such different tunes.

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 2017 7th Annual Dojo Award Show Hosted by Jeff Goldb

Switch wrote:Woah, member of the year! Thank you so much.

It's an honor!

It was well deserved. Keep up the great work! =D>
by Mr357
Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Demul v0.7 alpha build 171111 - Updated 11/11/17

Hey guys! Happy new year everyone.
Could someone suggest me a gpu that works well with Demul?

I have an old i7 920
8GB of ram
750 corsair psu.

thanks ;-)

Your 920 may end up being another bottleneck, but definitely go with an NVIDIA card if you want to use Demul a lot. Shenmue II in particular hates AMD cards, and will throw lots of texture bugs at you unless you use Demul's newer DX11 plugin (which you don't want to do because then you'll lose access to a few graphics options which are crucial for making Dreamcast games look presentable at resolutions above 640x480). I would recommend a GTX 970 or higher. If you don't want anything older than a 1000 series, I wouldn't get anything less than a 1060. Keep in mind that Demul is very demanding and not perfectly optimized, so even with powerful hardware it won't run at a stable 30 or 60 fps 100% of the time.
by Mr357
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Gaiden: A Christmas Story

After December passed I began to worry about whether or not we'd get to play this. I'm glad you finished it up! I really enjoyed the last one you made.
by Mr357
Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Video Game Music Remixes

Post whatever you like, so long as it's a remix of one or more tracks from a game.

Lately I've been listening to some stuff by Mothership Loudspeakerz.

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

"Hey, don't use that move!"
- Perform the full Arm Break Fire on Fuku-san
by Mr357
Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are the chances of Silent Hill PT being made?

Death Stranding might be what you're looking for. Obviously it won't be exactly the same, but there's some fairly strong evidence that it's going to be a spiritual replacement. There's a long video I can dig up if you're curious.
by Mr357
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue: The Movie Remastered

yuujiro wrote: great video i always wanted to watch a full hd shenmue movie kudos man
can you upload on mediafire or somthing i d love to have it on my computer

Depending on the file size limit, I may do so (it's 28GB, and will probably still be well over 20 after I compress it).
by Mr357
Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa, released today by the Dojo's very own Yeo!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/8461 ... _Ishikawa/
by Mr357
Thu May 17, 2018 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic