Search found 267 matches

Return

Re: VGA to HDMI for Dreamcast

A reputable guy from a ROM sharing site I use made this review of one and seemed to be happy with it.

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Sun Jan 08, 2017 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

mikec_ct wrote:Public schools

Education is none of the federal government's business.
by Mr357
Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

Thief wrote: I feel bad for our user Switch. Everyone is gunna think he's named after the Nintendo console now.

What makes you think it wasn't named after him? [-X
by Mr357
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7bA57xNw20

I'm not sure if that really counts as a video game track since it appeared on his 1999 album, Hours, but I definitely agree that it's great and a very nice addition to the game. With little else to do in Omikron's open world, finding those underground concerts was very satisfying, although the second and third didn't have nearly the same impact for me as that one (largely because those songs weren't as good). It's rather ironic now though since Bowie is dead (he didn't survive ). :sad:
by Mr357
Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Had to put my cat down today. Like a pansy I was in tears.

I had to put my cat down about 3 years ago. She had a blood clot between her back legs that prevented her from walking. Handing her over to the vet felt like some sort of betrayal, but there was no way she could continue living in her condition. I cried too; it was impossible not to.
by Mr357
Sat Jan 21, 2017 2:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Mon Jan 30, 2017 3:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just wait until #NotMySuperBowl starts going around :lol:
by Mr357
Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

L.A. Noire

Brilliant game with a surprising number of parallels to Shenmue II, but the ending really rubbed me the wrong way.

8.5/10
by Mr357
Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

Axm wrote: Ya that ending was stupid and unnecessary to an otherwise great 75% rest of the story. Really hope they make another one set in Chicago or Boston.

Unfortunately, the developer (Team Bondi based out of Sydney, Australia) is now defunct.
by Mr357
Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PhantomRiverStone: Jumbo Jet / Fighter Jet Cutscenes

The idea for this post came from Kiyuu who introduced these cutscenes on the Dojo several years ago.
Thank you for mentioning me. Nice pictures, Switch!
I wonder if the model of the passenger plane is also the same as the capsule toy you can get, except the landing gears, of course.

If they used a "sky box" like on the Source engine, for example, that would've made it very easy and would've meant that a small model could be used instead of making one to scale (which would eat up tons of memory).
by Mr357
Sat Feb 11, 2017 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can only see conflicts being lessened by having the CINC specifically stay out of problems that don't need antagonising though (talking stuff like Libya and Syria)...

I completely agree, and so does Donald Trump. That doesn't mean the U.S. can't have a strong military. The idea is deterrence, not conquest.
by Mr357
Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If your idea of a "weak" military is one that is more expensive than merely the next 7 countries combined (rather than 8 ) then, yes, said "weak" military is already more than adequate to function as a deterrent and prevent conflicts.

More expensive doesn't mean better; you should know that. Do you think China has to pay their R&D contractors much? The U.S. (NATO, really) military-industrial complex is a HUGE business, and their lobbies ensure that our military and defense agencies buy what they want them to, instead of what might actually be best. You can bet that some people made shit loads off of the U.S. invasion of Irag and Afghanistan; around 5 trillion was spent between those two conflicts.

Don't forget that there's tens of thousands of U.S. troops stationed in countries like Japan, South Korea, and Germany. They pay nothing for the protection that provides them, so the cost comes out of taxpayers' pockets.
by Mr357
Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

I explained this last night during the stream, but at the time, I wasn't totally sure of myself.

The "MJQ" in MJQ Jazz Bar stands for Modern Jazz Quartet, which was a very popular band in the 50's. Therefore, the full name would be "Modern Jazz Quartet Jazz Bar," which is obviously quite redundant.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/d0/6f/22/d06f22ed99a6928e9ba2bbd79a4378a6.jpg
by Mr357
Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue bomber jacket from Insert Coin Clothing

Sorry to be so blunt, but
I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that jacket. It looks like part of a cheap Halloween costume to me. I'd expect this kind of thing for Star Wars, Nintendo, etc. but seeing it happen to a niche like Shenmue makes me sick.
by Mr357
Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where can I get CD-R 99 minutes shipped in Canada?

Bought a 10x pack of 99min number CDs and already killed 2 of them tried to burn ecco 90min version and Shenmue 2 80 min version.

Now I want to burn Shenmue 2 99 min version, but after reading this faq I'm a little bit scared that my drive may not support such big overburn
http://www.infocellar.com/CD/overburn.htm

I'm using Imgburn with default settings, if somebody can give an advise, I would be greatly apreciated

Assuming your rips are good, the problem lies with your burner. All you have to do in Imgburn is select "overburn" when it prompts you.
by Mr357
Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Aimless Gamer wrote: I'm home just really really sore. Man I had a scare when I came home though I thought I was gonna die.

Glad to hear it went as planned (I assume).
by Mr357
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Know what I loved about buying this game, is that I walked in and seen that the retail price for this was £49.99, but the amount of preowned copies was firstly ridiculous, but even more ridiculous was the fact that they were charging £45.99 for a PREOWNED copy.
I didn't even lift a case off of the shelf of my local GAME store, I walked up to the counter and asked for a copy of Horizon Zero Dawn. The guy said sure, walked over, and began flicking through the drawer... Ya know where they take out the game disc and a manual of a PREOWNED copy. I filled with anger watching him do so, and when he came back to me I just stared into his eyes and with venom, I said, "I don't think so, I want a new copy". His reply was, "oh you don't want a preowned copy sir? It's 4 quid cheaper. Could get you a pint mate"

I just lost it. I said firstly sonny Jim, I don't drink. Second, I want my money to go to the people that actually make the game, and not you who have already sold a copy and are looking to completely rip off the developers by peddling preowned games at almost full price!

His look of disgust was priceless, I think he was the manager too but I didn't give a shit. He sulked out the back door, one of them doors with a key code, and got me a sealed new copy. I understand it's getting harder for game stores to stay in business, but the preowned culture is disgusting. I always buy games new, to make sure my money goes to the people that actually made the thing.

https://youtu.be/uK9qgEQdhQ0
by Mr357
Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Coromasta wrote:also bought a house and getting married soon.

Psssh, who cares? You have a Neo Geo! \:D/
by Mr357
Mon May 01, 2017 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Seaman Remaster/New Game in the Works?!

Thief wrote: I have it on good authority that nobody actually ever liked Seaman.

Delete this.
by Mr357
Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any Shmup fans?

The PC Engine/Turbografx 16 is the king of shmups.

Super Star Soldier
Soldier Blade
Blazing Lazers
Lords of Thunder
R-Type
R-Type II
Darius
Super Darius
Paranoia
Detana!! TwinBee
Magical Chase

The list goes on and on
by Mr357
Wed May 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

myshtuff wrote: Got married over the weekend in Vegas in a rocky horror picture show ceremony. I can now officially say my wife and I were married by a fictional alien transvestite in fish net stockings. It's gonna be one hell of an ice breaker for the rest of my life.

Well congratulations! =D>
by Mr357
Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gaming Deals

Payday 2 is free on Steam, and you get to keep it forever!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/218620/PAYDAY_2/
by Mr357
Fri Jun 09, 2017 1:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Which character that you voiced in the Shenmue games do you most easily identify with?

Do you find it easier to play the part of a character that you're more similar to, or different from?
by Mr357
Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

It's been mentioned here and there for many months, but now it's official. With Peter's series complete, I will be taking up the reigns and starting a new one with the English version of Shenmue I. The first stream will be this Friday at the same starting time as before (9pm BST/ 4pm EST/ 3pm CST/ 1pm PST). I hope to see lots of you there!
by Mr357
Wed Jun 14, 2017 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Drugs in Shenmue?

Rakim wrote: Believe it or not Chai had his 6 months sober chip by the time the first game started.

Withdrawal is a hell of a phase.
by Mr357
Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

The first stream will be this Friday at the same starting time as before ( 9pm GMT / 4pm EST/ 3pm CST/ 1pm PST).

I ask this every time because so many people get it wrong: Is that really 9pm GMT, or is it 9pm BST, the time zone currently being observed in the UK? There's an hour's difference.

Sorry, my mistake. It should be BST.
by Mr357
Thu Jun 15, 2017 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I may be the only one dissapointed here......

Certainly not. I'd held off on posting in the E3 topic, but until seeing this I was of the mindset that the December 2017 deadline could be met, and that any significant delay wouldn't make sense because of operating costs. Q3/4 2018 feels really far away, and for the first time I'm finding it hard to be patient. If the game will truly benefit from this, I can't be upset.
by Mr357
Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You think that a foreign country influencing our election isn't important? Don't make this a partisan issue. Everyone is affected here.

The issue is that there's no evidence of anything of that sort happening, yet the media outlets drone on about it 7 days a week because it's great for their ratings. They do not care about the truth or real journalism.
by Mr357
Tue Jul 04, 2017 1:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite lines of dialogue in the game(s)?

My favorite by far is
Chai via phone: "Nyyyyyeeeeeeehehehe! Terry's waiting!"
Ryo: "Who is this?"
by Mr357
Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mr357's Shenmue Dojo Twitch / Youtube Stream Discussion

I didn't think about it until after the last stream (hence why I didn't mention it), but unfortunately the next stream will have to happen on Thursday instead of Friday like usual. The starting time will be 1pm PST/3pm CST/4pm EST/9pm BST like normal. This will be the finale of Shenmue I, so don't miss it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHrxzikTDrk
by Mr357
Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

The two motorcycle riding thugs who hang out in Dobuita have different seating positions at the arcade depending on whether you're playing the Japanese or US/EU version of the game.

Japanese

US/EU

by Mr357
Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 1

Switch wrote: The chef at the Dou Jiang Diner where Ryo got into a fight, I think. I remember Peter showed this during his Shenmue II stream play-through.

=D> That's correct! I don't remember if he knew about it before I mentioned it.
by Mr357
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenGCH wrote:Ten. Five restaurants and five bars.

Correct!
by Mr357
Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Which cassette tape features both an amusing typo and (someone who looks very much like) a certain character from the harbour on its cover?

Antiquity Tree! The person on the cover looks like Mark, and the typo is "jyudge" instead of "judge."

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/3lhhLiy1Wbk/hqdefault.jpg
by Mr357
Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Trivia Game: Season 2

Third floor of the Yan Tin Apartments, all the way down the hall by the window.
by Mr357
Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hanhui can teach Ryo moves as a reward for carrying out all of the books each day before noon. All but one of them are simply scrolls that he hands to Ryo. What's the name of the one move that Hanhui demonstrates, and what button combination must you press to use it?
by Mr357
Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What now closed business did Yamagishi-san previously go to Dobuita to take advantage of? He specifically tells Ryo that this is why he doesn't go into town anymore.
by Mr357
Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamekult interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

Senpai Gamer wrote: I wonder why Yu doesnt want to live in China 0-0?

Let me think... :-k
by Mr357
Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 and 2 widescreen hacks Dreamcast

Sadly I haven't found the address /value to slow down the game logic, I did found it for other games like sonic adventure or toy commander but not for shenmue T_T

Can anyone think of a cutscene where the game goes slow motion? By comparing values in that, to regular cutscenes, it might be possible to find a 1/2 speed code, which would make 60fps possible.

In Shenmue II, there's multiple occurrences where the framerate locks to 20 while the game speed remains at 60. One is when Ryo and Ren jump out of the Dancing Dragon building, another is when Wong cuts a deal with Ren before picking the lock on their handcuffs, and another is in the final cutscene of the game, immediately after the red beam shoots out of the Phoenix Mirror. There's other times when it shows up, such as when Ryo and Ren are stalking Yuan.

This may not be helpful, but it's an observation I made while recording Shenmue II: The Movie.
by Mr357
Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Earliest possible (in-game date) completion?Speedrun rec

Without glitches, I managed to finish it on January 29th. The only tough parts are beating Chai in the arcade and getting through all 3 Kowloon street fighters in one night.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48933&p=1122323#p1122109
by Mr357
Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Keep in mind, there's a separate topic for video game music.

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF down as owner faces sexual allegations again

He's just referencing this.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid
by Mr357
Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic