Search found 305 matches

Return

Re: Official Gaming Music Topic

phpBB [video]

A bit different from the Vangelis version. Think I played this game before I saw the film, never finished it, will download it at some point.
by Amir
Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Batman/Superman

phpBB [video]
by Amir
Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue E3 VIDEO HYPE!

I love the translation:

by Amir
Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: With the popularity of DLC nowadays..

I hate DLC.

But I would buy every piece of DLC for Shenmue III :) I hope if the stretch goals aren't realised that they propose them at a later date as DLC.
by Amir
Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who remembers Shenmue 2 announcement?

I remember waiting ages to load the QuickTime trailer on my crappy ISDN connection. Watched Xiuying wave her arms about 50 times while waiting for the rest of the trailer to load.
by Amir
Thu Jun 18, 2015 11:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today!

Another question to ask at the AMA is at what time the AMA will happen.

Also he should talk to the kickstarter team about the benefits of using am and pm.

This. I don't want to rag too much on them, but... 9:30PM PST??!! Europe is asleep then! That's a huge potential userbase being neglected. Even some people on the East Coast of the US won't be on reddit for the AMA. I've been a redditor for 4 years, really poor handling of the AMA so far. I know they couldn't announce it before the 16th because it would give away the surprise but what announcing it straight after and then having it at a later date so more people will know about it? :/
by Amir
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

For people new to reddit, you can check what questions Suzuki-san has answered quickly by looking at his user profile: http://www.reddit.com/user/Yu_Suzuki

Click "context" below each response to see the question to which he is responding.

I asked again if he still practices martial arts and what made him choose jujitsu as the Hazuki art, awaiting response, please upvote :) http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3ahcwf/i_am_yu_suzuki_new_posting/cscnx9x
by Amir
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Bought a wired 360 controller a few months ago to game with on my laptop and was wondering if I could use it for Shenmue III or if I'd have to use a Dual Shock 4 even for the PC version, when it hit me...

No more A, B, X, Y for QTEs.

We'll be seeing Square, Circle, Triangle and X in Shenmue.

What a mind trip. Never thought that would happen back in 2000.
by Amir
Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

It's hit the front page of reddit, great job guys!
by Amir
Sat Jun 20, 2015 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wasting money on smaller languages

It won't cost 400k to write the subtitles. It's just how the strech goals are laid out.
I think it's a good thing that they actually planned these subtitles from the very beginning.

Shenmue and Shenmue II got some bad feedback for not having German subtitles (or any other then English in the PAL version for that matter) and I know of people that don't play the game because they can't get into the story that much without having native language subtitles. That is the biggest thing. People didn't play the game becuase of that, it alienated gamers by only having english subtitles.

Shenmue III should not fall into a niche product category by not offering translated subtitles, like every other game does today. I know Shenmue is niche and III is only a Kickstarter game but come on, this is NOT a waste of money.

Yeah, I think they just included the subtitles as stretch goals to get people from those countries to donate, clever idea.
by Amir
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

Looking great, man! And yeah, the layout of the posts above yours is broken in my browser, too.

Seeing that motorcycle race to get Nozomi brings back memories. I couldn't complete it for ages because I fucked up both my Dreamcast controllers' R triggers from Crazy Dashing/Limit Cutting all the time in Crazy Taxi: one of them was loose so it'd get stuck all the time, and the other wouldn't go down all the way so I couldn't go full speed on the bike in Shenmue!
Haha, good times! I loved Crazy Taxi. Would always play as Gus or Hot D. Could never do the bowling pins minigame though :sad:

FUCK THAT BOWLING MINI-GAME.

I tried to complete the final bowling level last summer, came so close a couple of times, I rage-quit after about half an hour.
by Amir
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Some serious backlash incoming in re: S3 KS campaign

They're just trolling/generating clickbait. Some godawful Gizmodo article comes up in Google News for Shenmue which honestly reads like it was written by a barely literate 12-year-old. I get why some people dislike Shenmue, and I've seen well-articulated pieces expressing such thoughts, but this was just awful, obviously got pass editorial since they knew it would make people angry, which is always good for revenue.

Just let it slide, guys, if you get angry then you've let them win.

DON'T VISIT THESE SITES. You'll only be encouraging them.
by Amir
Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

I've submitted that Escapist article to the /r/games subreddit, upvote it guys to help spread the word :) :

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... shenmue_3/
by Amir
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Posted in another thread but will repeat here: have posted that Escapist article to reddit, please upvote so more people see it!:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comments/ ... shenmue_3/
by Amir
Sun Jun 21, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Selling parts of my Dreamcast collection to raise money, including a spare PAL copy of Shenmue II I got as part of a bundle that I never touched (not selling any of my other Shenmue stuff, though, that's blasphemy!). Thanks to this Kickstarter Shenmue II has really gone up in price!
by Amir
Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Jim Sterling talks about Shenmue III KS

Updated video:

phpBB [video]

Thought this was fair and balanced tbh, the Beyond Good & Evil 2 example is a good one.
by Amir
Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #12 - Vote for your favourite charact

So my votes were as follows-

Fave character- Ren
Reward I'd pay most for- Dragon/Phoenix mirrors
Fave mini game- duck racing

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Voted the same for all of these, even though I've never gotten round to the duck racing in Shenmue II (need to get on that!). Arm wrestling would have been my 2nd choice, though I'd be curious to see new mini-games.

Dunno what I'd think about being in Shenmue III, "WTF is this mumbling Middle Eastern looking guy doing in Guilin?!"
by Amir
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [video] - Full Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Twitch Broadcast

Technophilz wrote: Honestly ... I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

I'm still laughing. Definitely worth staying up for.

Off to bed now, almost 5am here, I'm sure RedShirt will be in my dreams :heart:
by Amir
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Thanks mjq jazz bar for favouriting my tweet to Michael Huber suggesting he do a Skype Interview with Suzuki :)

https://twitter.com/resnate/status/614845858916474881
by Amir
Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ways to Help the Kickstarter Campaign - Spread the Word

GameTrailers retweeted me!

I really really REALLY hope this leads to something...

https://twitter.com/resnate/status/614845858916474881
by Amir
Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

GameTrailers trying to organise Suzuki interview

I tweeted Michael Huber and GameTrailers about doing a Skype interview w/ Suzuki-san, seems they're trying :)

https://twitter.com/MichaelPHuber/statu ... 1038273536
by Amir
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Ja

as much as I would like Corey Marshall back for VO, if only one dub (Japanese) meant more story, more features, more Shenmue I'd take that over having an English dub. I'd remove all the other languages as well and just make the subtitle files in the game modifiable and let the fan community sort out the translations. That would free up almost half a million for other more important stretch goals.

Just leave the entire English dub to Corey Marshall, including Shenhua and every NPC.
by Amir
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

Did they update the Lucky Hit text or did it always say this?

"BE A TECHNIQUE SCROLL LUCKY HIT GAME BOARD

Do you want to be a game of lucky hit? Get your face and name on an in-game Lucky Hit board featuring a Technique Scroll.

+ 50 Lucky Hit Tickets (In-game Item)"

Hmmm, playing Lucky Hit to get Technique Scrolls, don't think I like this idea...

Totally updated. Before it was just the lucky hit face and corey marshall voice. Looks like they saw no one grab it and updated it to include the I AM SHENMUE reward and the tickets too. Still priced too high, should be $2500

I don't even think the I AM SHENMUE was there when I looked at it! Wow, they updated that fast...
by Amir
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue The Movie Official DVD

Looks like a bootleg to me, especially with the "ALL" region logo.
by Amir
Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Doree leaving Kikizo?

Well, whether or not that 2005 article was a load of bollocks (most likely) or not (unlikely), Doree was almost right about one thing...

"As for Shenmue, I would have to say at this stage, it is worth forgetting about. If all the fans get any rich relatives together and channel it though Dojo perhaps we could buy rights, hire Suzuki (he’d likely say yes) and independently make the game under license from Sega at no risk to them. That is the only way it will get made at this stage I think. "

http://www.wired.com/2007/08/rumor-shenmue-g/
by Amir
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #26 - Fan appreciation

Never expected an Iranian to be one of the biggest Shenmue fans, wonder if he first played the game in Iran? I don't remember seeing any Dreamcasts there, PlayStation and Mega Drives were king when I spent summers in Tehran and Isfahan. Hope he smiles seeing an Iranian name on the Choubu Inn register ;)
by Amir
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

They seem to be losing the plot it seems and are fixated on the success of the $1500 tier...

..This isn't helpful for the KS..

Well I upped again from $800 to $1200 so something's working :P

If the $1500 included the $1200 then I'd probably stretch to that, too, tweeted Cedric and @Shenmue_3 about it a few times but no response.
by Amir
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #29 - Dreams Come True - New Rewards

Just noticed the $160 reward has 20 capsule toy tickets, was that always there?

Yea it must have been Amir, because they said that once someone backs a tier they can't change the description for it.

"*Changes to Reward pledge buttons are not allowed after they are pledged for, so please see the "Rewards" section below for complete reward details"

Adding $1200 to all higher tiers, which they could easily do since apart from the physical calligraphy print all this content is just digital would definately mean the rest of those $1500 tiers would be snapped up imo, and then possibly might increase the $3000, and $4000 tiers aswell if everything higher included from the $1200 tier downwards.

I've messaged a bunch of people about this but still no response :/ Like you said, part from the calligraphy print it's all digital stuff so it wouldn't cost much more to implement.
by Amir
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonofabitch threw away a perfectly good Winning Can...

I'll use #YouaskYu to ask Suzuki-san why Wang would throw away a Winning Can.
by Amir
Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sonofabitch threw away a perfectly good Winning Can...

Playing through Shenmue again, bought the Chinese waiter a knock-off Fanta, noticed it was a Winning Can, the twat drank it and then threw it away. Tried to fish out the can from the bin, no luck. Ungrateful shit...
by Amir
Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A Round 2 with Yu coming 10th (USA) 11th (UK/J

Can that thing even run UE4?

"In 2015, Armature Studio has announced that it will be responsible for porting Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night to the PS Vita and Wii U. This will include porting Unreal Engine 4 to those platforms, as they are not officially supported by Epic Games.[109] Armature will make their engine code available to licenced Wii U and PS Vita developers after Bloodstained is finished."
by Amir
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #33: Masaya Matsukaze Back with More

Meh, I see the update as mostly harmless. I doubt people will go for it, and the interview is cool.
by Amir
Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New $4500 Reward: Name a Vendor

Wish I had $4500 to open Amir's Authentic Iranian Kabobs in Guilin...
by Amir
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #37 - Ryan Payton interview, new reward & Twit

Peter wrote: This is unreal. A countdown party with Yu and the team!

I was gonna celebrate the fact it's not at 3am UK time but as is apparent by my posting my sleep cycle is all fucked up thanks to the frequent 3am Q&As :P
by Amir
Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #40 - Message from Yu Suzuki

Update #40 from Shenmue 3

Jul 17 2015
Yu Suzuki: It’s time to make our dream of Shenmue III a reality.
Hello Backers and Shenmue Fans Everywhere!

Yes, we are now down to the final 24 hours of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter! Everyone has been working so hard to make this project a success, so Yu Suzuki would like to give a special message of thanks and inspiration as we head towards the goal.

Please take it away, sir!

https://youtu.be/fgAjZ6lZg_A

Campaign Final Hours Twitch Broadcast

Yu Suzuki will be joined with the Shenmue 3 project members in a special live broadcast to count down the final hours as the Kickstarter project comes to a close. Scheduled to make an appearance are animation producer Hiroaki Takeuchi and main character designer Kenji Miyawaki.

The official Shenmue 3 Twitch channel can be found at:

http://www.twitch.tv/shenmue3official

The festivities will start at the following time:

Yokosuka: July 18, 8:00AM JST
Hong Kong: July 18, 7:00AM HKT
Bailu: July 18, 7:00AM CST
Los Angeles: July 17, 4:00PM PDT
New York: July 17, 7:00PM EDT
Berlin: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
Paris: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
Rome: July 18, 1:00AM CEST
London: July 18, 12:00AM BST
Moscow: July 18, 2:00AM MSK
Seoul: July 18, 8:00AM KST
by Amir
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (17th July: Ryo Thank You)

That's an old piece of CGI art, remember seeing it back in the day.

Never seen this before (thank you from Suzuki-san for hitting $5.5 mill):

by Amir
Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: Great, no one got the watch

Don't worry, guys, they'll almost certainly be up for PayPal backers ;)
by Amir
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 IS OFFICIALLY A REAL THING!!!

Can we make this the new forum banner?

by Amir
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic