Search found 16 matches

Return

Walk above Sakuragaoka glitch

This easy to perform glitch allows you to walk high above the streets in Sakuragaoka.
You'll simply need to position Ryo near the shown wall with his feet at two different heights and wait for the nightfall.

This was originally discovered by someone else but I made a video myself anyway just to show more of the area with better quality then the original did.

https://youtu.be/rcSEpg1Z5t8
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Were Awesome Japan aware of the Stretch Goals?

Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Confuses Customers, Angers Idiots - Best Video Game Podcast

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

I know they are a pretty easy target. Hell, I am with you on a lot of points and do have my own feelings on the matter also.

But there's always a bigger picture here, and we have a reputation to uphold in regards to being here for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki as a community. We have ran Friday night into the ground and I have no doubts Awesome Japan will have been made aware of the feedback from everyone. But continuing to be negative about it will only keep the fire lit, and make it grow.

My advice is to bury it. We have had a classic moan about it, but nows the time to let them at least try and learn from it. We have just under 3 weeks left so let's see what happens.
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fan feedback compilation on the Kickstarter

Need's more big price big gifts. The major drive for most sub 300 tiers is obviously the ps4 physical disc. This is where the bulk of the money is going to come from. They really need to push the physical like it's the 2nd coming of god.

Basically here is what they need to do with tiers (since every high priced gift has been selling out ultra fast to hardcore fans, why not throw many more up there?

1. Physical release in 3 tiers $70 for ps4 disc, case, manual map $125 metal case edition possible soundtrack etc
$300 Metal Case - Extra Dreamcast Case with the same art style of the dreamcast originals, Dreamcast Manual, Map

2. PS4 Physical and PS4 Special Edition Controller $1,000 Includes Dreamcast Case etc Limit (1,000) Possible Pledges $1,000 (and this one could be a big one, cause it's right in that ground for affordable... Possible Pledge Amount $1,000,000

2. Shenmue 3 Special edition Dreamcast $5000 - PS4 Metal Case - Dreamcat Case with CD soundtracks (no limit), Matching color scheme controller 200 (limit) If they can get the dreamcasts to make this happen the more the better of course. I think for that price they can find a few to buy over time to have a custom theme made.

3. Studio Tour , Special screening of artwork, old game engines etc 10,000 ( limit 50) tours and sessions set to 10 people per tour Total Possible Pledge $500,000

4. Full size toy machine filled with toy's and capsules . Signed by Yu and memebers of the team 10,000 (limit 50) Total possible pledge $500,000

5. NPC and voice in the game $10,000 (limit to 10) Possible Pledges $100,000

6. Supre Rare and high quality mirrors (10,000) *5) 50,000

7. Sonic capsule toys signed capsule by Yuji Nake , yu $1,000 1,000 limit

8. Streets of Rage Full 3 game character Set Capsule Toys $2,000 100 limit

9. Virtua Fighter 1 Full Game character Set Capsule Toys $3,000 100 limit

10. Daytona USA Capsule Cars (3 pack) $1,000 100, limit

11. Virtua Racing, Outrun , Hang on 3 toy pack $1,000

12. Uncharted Capsule Toys Drake, Sully etc (4 pack) $1,000

13. Special Edition RC Forklift with Ryu Toy $5,000 *Comes with crates , 3 tier steel and is an accurate toy that lets you lift tilt and drive like a real forklift.

14. Super Lmited PS4 Shenmue 3 edition KS only ($3,000) no limit Comes with the game, dreamcast game aware etc White console with the shenmue 3 logo. Special lights that are green instead of blue. Numbered

I don't think the toy machine would be that hard. They are already making toys, just have it have some amazing sega art.

Yeah, I was thinking bit, an they want to hit 10 million . well, gotta do these things I feel. Have to promote more while offering these things as well

If they could get permission to do some of these toys, I think they could try and do what nintendo is doing with amibos. They could release more an different toys at retail (sega could I mean) while allowing Yu to put them in the game as a sort of promotion process. Anyways, I hope these can be given and seen as ideas for the KS team.
I have faith if they do some of my tier suggestions it can move us in a realistic possibility of 10 million.

Sonic is more popular than shenmue in a big way, and I feel shenmue fans are sonic fans as well. It could be a good push if sega and YS work together to try and find a common ground.
by Jackie Fhan
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

"Excuse me, I'd like to put my project on Kickstarter..."
by Yokosuka Martian
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE 3 OFFICIAL TWITCH WAS WATCHING MY DOJO STREAM

I stream it every night on Twitch! And the official Shenmue 3 Twitch was scoping us out while I played!

:-o :-o :shock: :shock:
by Himuro
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Suggetion- 2 player VS Fighting 5.5m- NPC head re. 10

Waste of resources. Pop in VF.
by Yama
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Suggetion- 2 player VS Fighting 5.5m- NPC head re. 10

I would have zero interest in that and prefer the money went into the actual game.
by Peter
Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

Seem like a bunch of nice people with good intentions who were just in way over their head. No hard feelings -- time to move on I think.
by Thief
Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: AwesomeJapan - postmortem performance

I have always said the campaign was far less than ideal. However I wouldn't go so far as to say it was atrocious, either.

I think there is more than meets the eye to the whole situation, personally. I suspect Ys Net had a lot less money to invest in the campaign than we might imagine, and that they had to make the most of what they had. I also suspect there were a lot of language and cultural barrier issues in terms of PR. Better translation of the stretch goals and rewards would have definitely helped.

But I think honestly, since Yu said in last night's stream that he monitors and is intimately involved in everything - from the game to the Kickstarter - that a lot of it had to do with underestimating the appetite for a slick, professional looking and feeling campaign. We've been a bit spoiled by recent Kickstarters, and expect that same level of polish. Whereas I feel Ys Net were going for a more relaxed, casual, "with the fans" experience that didn't have every single point nailed down from a PR and planning standpoint.

I also kind of feel that the timing of the reveal - at E3 - was an opportunity he was presented with that he couldn't pass up, but that this left little time to actually plan the campaign effectively. Things felt rushed and haphazard... probably, in my opinion, because they were, and had to be.

Things are usually a lot more complicated and involved than we ever seen from the outside looking in. For all we know they did the best they could with an impossible situation and with very little in the way of funds to pull it off, hoping for a miracle as they flew by the seat of their pants.

Yes, yes, Awesome Japan are professionals and one would expect a certain level of pizazz to come with that moniker. But professionals are human too. And when in a hurry and trying to promote a project that's still very much amorphous and unformed, it can be difficult to even know with certainty what you're promoting, let alone do so in a way that seems completely coherent at every step of the journey.

So with all that said, I feel they worked really hard, with less than stellar results. That's the worst I can say of them without knowing more about the whole situation. There could have been a lot of reasons we're not privy to behind why they did or didn't do certain things we with they had.
by Anonymous81
Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Giant Bomb: Shenmue Endurance Run (Ongoing)

I gave up after part three, there was only so much shouting and singing I could cope with, gave me a headache.

It was somewhat amusing to listen to their reactions to the cheesier elements of the game (voice acting, Tom, etc), but for the most part, I just found it loud and idiotic. Their short attention spans and over-reliance on maps got tiring, as well. Can't see myself finishing this series off.

That said, it's probably one of the fairer playthroughs I've watched, and any mockery of the game is pretty reasonable and tongue-in-cheek.
by SickOctopus
Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Giant Bomb: Shenmue Endurance Run (Ongoing)

The sad part is that they pretty much missed every "secret", they didn't got the carrots, the pit blow, yamagishi move, enoki fight, the schoolgirls fight, ichiro and naoyuki, they probably won't get the mirror scenes and the nozomi ones.

Those little moments that catch you offguard is part of what makes Shenmue different and has kinda been lost in today games.
by shredingskin
Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Noguchi Construction

Switch, do you have the full English and Japanese scripts from both games? i'd love to have those.

do these include all the dialogue from the game? is it all jumbled, or is it appropriately ordered, ie. as the conversations occur in the scenes of the game?

Do you think you could upload them to a file sharing site like mediafire, so anyone who wants them can obtain them easily.
I've got the full scripts for just the first game (E & J) readily at hand at the moment. But the ordering is not in the exact order of conversation - for that I think you'd need to use something like the Shenmue Free Quest Subtitles Editor tool against the original files.

Anyway, I've uploaded them here:

Shenmue scripts - English
https://mega.nz/#!H0802aaQ!8t7rEr92UKCz9GiVOwXC87iiLoiUcLkVOqhB2d7fVks

Shenmue scripts - Japanese
https://mega.nz/#!GsMGRRzT!sM7sabC6DfewTj-MHFxge0jaommKQEQ3e2CPcXm6CUs
by Switch
Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic