Search found 384 matches

Return

Re: Police Involvement

So i restarted just so I can call- Ryo just says " I don't want the police involved"

He has been out for days, Ine-san or Fuku-san didn't call? The newspaper reported on it, so the police just what ignored it?

I can't even focus when I use that pink telephone at the Tobacco Stand, that creepy whiskered old lady keeps staring me out 8-[
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your Reaction To The News of SIII Announcement?

I was up from the start of the Sony conference until the announcement of it. I had read a few articles saying that S3 would be finally shown but like everyone else, I assumed people were just trolling. The picture of the forklift posted by Yu didn't really do much for me either.

I was losing faith by the time it was announced, especially since we were shown some small Indie games just before.
But.. as soon as that music started, I just kind of sat there gobsmacked. I didn't really take it all in, I had to rewatch the announcement a few times before I realized it was really happening. I was just completely overwhelmed. It really did feel as though I needed to pinch myself.

Joy turned to panic when I realized it was going to be funded through Kickstarter - what, no straight funding by Sony or any other big publisher? Damn it! So my first determination was to go and make a pledge - which I did by clicking straight off the Youtube stream and straight onto KS; donating a mere $300. I have upped it to $630 since then and hope to keep doing so before it ends.

My initial reaction to the announcement? As you could probably tell, completely stunned. I never seriously thought we'd see the day come. And now every day since I've been smiling to myself, knowing we'll finally get continuance and hopefully, closure.
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"$30 on the 3rd" - The Road To $10 Million

http://i.imgur.com/2v22lQB.png

Shenmue fans worldwide are being called together to give the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter a boost on July 3rd!
By pledging just $30 each we can bring those stretch goals ever closer to reality!
#30onthe3rd #SaveShenmue

Links: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | $30 on the 3rd Forum Link | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Day The Snow Turned Into A Game

Humbled!

I'll be doing the $30 on the 3rd (I will actually be donating more than $30, I'm looking to try and up it by $100 to a total of $730 for now) and am already tweeting/hashtagging everything Shenmue Kickstarter related like mad!

Thank you so much, Yama!
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just bought DC/Shenmue 1&2

You have so much to look forward to!

And playing them when you know Shenmue 3 will be out in a couple of years is the icing on the cake!
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Suzuki, "I want to make Shenmue 4"

Shenmue 4 is more than possible. It's practically in the bag for us already aslong are we all arent dicks to Suzuki about whatever Shenmue 3 is lacking .

This is what I fear. If we aren't happy with something, it needs to be addressed in a professional and friendly manner. I've seen on many developer forums the sort of attitudes they have to put up with.

You are right. Gamers can be complete dicks. But this is us we are talking about, this is Yu Suzuki and Shenmue. We already adore the hell out of him and the series. For us to collectively throw shit at him is unimaginable. I think most Shenmue fans have way too much respect for him and the series to throw him out like a Peter Molyneux or David Cage.

No matter how horrible Shenmue 3 could be, id still 100% support Suzuki on trying again to make it better.
Wouldn't you?

Of course I would!!! I think you misunderstood me.

I wasn't talking about the Dojo, but other Shenmue fans worldwide posting their thoughts in a negative way across different forums on the internet. Sadly, every franchise has its loudmouths and I imagine Shenmue is no different. It's just how it is. But as always we will ensure the good attitudes outweigh the bad.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So... Arm Wrestling!

We all know that Shenmue is rife with mini-games, but my favourite (yes even more so than lucky hit or betting) is without a doubt the Arm wrestling! But, don't ask me if I'm any good at it 8)

So, how far were you able to get? Some of those guys are just brutal, especially the area with the long line up of wrestlers. I even struggle at the very first wrestler you come across in the Worker's Pier. I can manage $40 but my fingers feel like they are about to snap off :P :oops: The $50 bet makes me feel like I'm going to have heart palpitations :-&

I think because, for me anyway, it's the toughest of the mini-games it makes it more addictive. That rush of adrenaline you get during the harder tiers is something that has endured all these years.

I hope it makes a return to Shenmue 3 \:D/
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

I made a tweet about needing a Paypal option on the shenmue.link site after the Kickstarter finishes so we could continue to donate. I sent it out to Yu, Biscay, Corsi and the official S3 page. Biscay has actually favourited it.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD

Riku Rose wrote:
Yama wrote: Nothing would make the wait for Shenmue III go by faster than this...

Obviously you're promoting this $30 on the 3rd thing but it would be awesome if we had something on the main page about this.

Done :)
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue HD

http://i.imgur.com/TpAJ2pq.png

Dojo member Riku Rose has created a topic on the Dojo forums urging fans to tweet Sony's Gio Corsi (#buildingthelist), the man responsible for bringing the most requested titles to Sony platforms.
Every single tweet will help improve our chances of seeing the first two Shenmue titles remastered.
Please take a few moments to send Mr Corsi a short message pledging your support!

Links: Shenmue HD Forum Topic | Gio Corsi on Twitter | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Loading Screens - Kept or Removed?

We all love them... They were just meant to be a simple transition between one area to another, but they became so much more; pretty much a staple of the franchise, infact.

These screens, however, were just a sign of the times - when the hardware couldn't load everything up at once. Completely unlike today with the much bigger open world title's such as GTA V or Skyrim, able to load the world up around you constantly before your eyes without much or any hassle.

With the technology far more advanced from 14 years ago, how many of you believe Yu will keep these load screens in Shenmue 3? Frequent, semi-frequent, or removed entirely?

http://shenmuedojo.net/images/shenmue3/preview/large/Miao_village.jpg
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Tweets New KS Tiers/Goals Coming Soon + First S3 Artwork

These were all tweeted between 9 and 4 hours ago 8)

リワードの追加ですが、ただいま準備中、 少々お待ちを!#saveshenmue
"Additional rewards are currently under preparation, a little wait! #saveshenmue"

"ストレッチゴール近日公開!"
"Stretch goal coming soon!"

S3イメージ 涼&シェンファ@白鹿村
"S3 image cool & Sheng FA @ pengzhou village"

http://i.imgur.com/8WEpHaM.png
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD

Just signed up for the first to do this, but I am a complete twitter n00b. Do I do dm him or mention him in a tweet on my page? How does this thing work?

To the top right of the page where it says "Tweet", click on that and copy and paste this into the box: @giocorsi
Make sure there's a space directly after it, then type whatever you want to say and click "Tweet" at the bottom right hand side of the box. The tweet will be sent directly to him. He'd need to follow you for you to DM him, so this is the best way. :)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

First Shenmue 3 Artwork and New Kickstarter Survey

http://i.imgur.com/RhhzF0j.png

Yu Suzuki has posted the very first Shenmue 3 artwork of Ryo and Shenhua on his official Twitter page .

A new survey has also been added to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter . Backers of the campaign can vote for their favorite character and mini game - those with the highest votes could make a return. New tier rewards are also being considered, which include: Dragon and Phoenix replica mirrors, a physical Lucky Hit board, Ryo's watch & journal and stickers & patches . Supporters may also get the chance to voice a character or become an in-game NPC.

Links: Take the Survey | Shenmue 3 Artwork | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: An idea for people who want to donate with PayPal

Hyo Razuki wrote: I don't think adding a Paypal option would make that much of a difference for the Kickstarter. It might get like an extra 100,000 but it won't make a difference worth millions.

$100,000 is $100,000, every bit helps! ;-)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS upda

This statement has just settled a sh*t ton of nerves. I had butterflies about it not being a "true" sequel if the $10 million wasn't met.

Thank you Supa and Himuro ;-)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

myshtuff wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Still skeptical tbh, but I'll feel much better if we hit the 5mil mark and they add a post-KS PayPal option. Next thing to pester him about... product placement!

Product placement within the game? Or you mean placing Shenmue in other media to get the word out?

Jet Cola FTW!
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Yu Suzuki married?

Someone has to look after his turtle and two Yorkshire terriers while he's away :P
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "classic" old school mode?

Centrale wrote:I wouldn't really want the core development team to divert any resources away from any other aspect of the game to make artificial loading screens.

It's a black screen with a location, date and time on it. I can't imagine it would require that many resources ;-)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

ritsuka666 wrote: I am affraid we will only reach 4M in t he final stage of Kickstart :(

Nah, we'll hit between 5-6 million.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saying Goodbye to Joy?

And how do I trigger the conversation about Gui Zhang and Master Chen? I seem to recall it happening in the arcade...

It happened in Worker's Pier for myself, she was stood to the left of the pier as you enter, just past the stalls. I'd love to know how to trigger it again too!

I also can't remember if there is just one conversation, or two. For some reason I think there are two, one about Gui Zhang and one about Master Chen, but it doesn't make sense for them not to discuss both at the same time. I think my memory is just failing me. I'll dig around later!

You're right! They do have two separate discussions about Master Chen and Guizhang, in the Pine Arcade (first link) and at Worker's Pier :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5mqpgM-O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4y9S_isBCs
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

ConanTheKing wrote: As far as I am aware, Shenmue 3 has one village but if Yu gets enough money then two more will be added.

I thought we were getting all three villages and that it was dependent on funding to how much bigger they would be or if they have mini games etc.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

If they had it coming to xbox one it would be over 5 million by now , I hope sony are paying millions for this , if not im pretty annoyed on the lost out potential xbox user funds .

Microsoft had plenty of opportunities to revive the franchise and could have even done it in co-operation with Yu the same way Sony is doing it now with support and advertising; but ultimately, they decided not to. That's fine, but then nothing can be said when it doesn't come out on the Xbox One. Sony have given Yu the chance he deserves, not MS. Cut them some slack.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I replayed Shenmue II disc 4 last night

I just finished disc 3 again and after all this time it's still as epically mind blowing as the first time I played it.
Those QTE's in the Yellow Head Bldg are nothing but pure, raw adrenaline :heart:

Now then, Disc 4... my lovely, lovely disc 4... \:D/
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Questions for Yu during twitch compiling the list

We should really have a question in there regarding Paypal as a means of funding after the Kickstarter has finished. We really need to push this question to Yu and Biscay every single chance we get.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Elusive Gold Dural

I don't know if this will help in anyway but here's what I did when I got my Gold Dural the first time I even entered the Abe Store. Worth a shot in posting this just in case it's a trigger.

- Talked to Abe
- Talked to Abe again
- Bought Caramel
- Bought Potato Chips
- Bought Squid Legs

I won and received the Gold Dural after buying the Squid Legs.

I'm sure it's absolutely completely random but try it anyway if you like.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

Master Kyodai wrote: Yu should offer a ride in his Ferrari

... with Passing Breeze on the radio 8)

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

People will get their pay checks next week and we have #30onthe3rd next Friday too. Don't get all panicky just yet.

What upsets me most are the people who will only pledge or raise their pledge for better rewards. Considering Yu threw us a life line to get this game made yet they are pushing for rewards for their money sickens me. The only reward you need is Shenmue 3. F*ck everything else.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue 3 Concept Art Revealed

http://i.imgur.com/1z4GH3p.png

Yu Suzuki has released a new concept art for Shenmue 3 via his official Twitter page.
Accompanying the image is a caption reading "白鹿村老婆", which translated means "White Deer; Village Wife".
The White Deer, as we know from Shenhua in Shenmue II, is the guardian animal of Bailu Village.
More information and the full size art can be found via the Dojo forum discussion .

Links: Yu Suzuki's Tweet | Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

Too big? Nope. It made going back through it in subsequent playthroughs even more enjoyable.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we be expecting AAA standards or indie standards?

I would be completely fine with Life is strange prodution values, also I recomend playing it, cool story, awesome OST, likable characters nice attention to details, everything I love about Shenmue and it is a low budget game.

I love that game, I got a Shenmue-type vibe from it as well.
Hopefully part 4 will drop sometime next month [-o<
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Think Shenmue 2x is better

I couldn't even make it past the Come Over Guest House because of the awful voice "acting".
The Dreamcast version is superior in every way minus the frame rate issues.
by Sonoshee
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

http://i.imgur.com/yzQrS87.png

The $30 on the 3rd Kickstarter push is almost upon us!
For those of us who can afford to make an extra $30 donation, it would be highly recommended to try and up our pledge together across the globe in one big hit. This way we can make the strongest impact on the Kickstarter.

Below are the ideal timezones for varying countries:

PDT 11 a.m. | MDT 12 p.m. | CDT 1 p.m. | EDT 2 p.m.
———————
UCT 6 p.m. | BST 7 p.m. | CEST 8 p.m. | EEST 9 p.m.

More information about this Kickstarter push can be found on the Dojo's forum discussion thread .

Please understand that in no way, shape or form is this push forcing you to pledge extra. If you can afford any extra at this time (or even after the 3rd) then please do - but it is important that you and your own are taken care of first and foremost.

Thank you - to anyone who can - for going the extra mile. Now let's send a shock wave through that Kickstarter!

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #30onthe3rd
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | 30onthe3rd.com | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

elfshadowreaper wrote:Dojo mods, please sticky this or post it on the home page for maximum exposure.

Posted this to the front page :)
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

If it's PS4 physical or Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, the Kickstarter will explode along with #30onthe3rd 8)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

elfshadowreaper wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

That would be so awesome!
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kavinsky just tweeted out the Shenmue Kickstarter

On it like wild fire! Thanks! 8)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Those are some really kick ass reward tiers! And physical PS4 copies too! This day just got a sh*t ton better! :D

My problem with the using faces thing is immersion. Like, we'll be in rural China and shit, and see white peoples faces plastered all over a train station? What the fuck? Will they make the Chi You Men NPC's look Chinese? Hopefully they do? Because I really don't want to be fighting some random white guy with no explanation in the middle of the Chinese boondocks. :-k

It will be handled well, trust Yu. Mad Angels was full of foreigners. And remember the scout in Shenmue 2 who was recruiting to send fighters to the ChiYouMen in China. Foreigners are everywhere :P
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Kickstarter Just Hit $4 Million!

Woo! =D>

- $4 million reached - stretch goal: Baisha Village Expanded & 5x Mini Games
(isn't that between $75-100,000 today?)

http://i.imgur.com/Vys7shW.png

Recap:

- 5 new reward tiers
- PS4 physical copy added
- 30onthe3rd boost

What an awesome, solid day for Shenmue!
(I also noticed AwesomeJapan added an apology for last weeks Twitch mess).

...But no time to breathe:

- Next step is $5 million, we need that character system that Yu really wants implemented
- Paypal option (still 14 days to go, hopefully they'll add this after the KS is over)
- Like always, keep pushing #SaveShenmue and #10milliontoShenmue3 every day
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 200% funded :)

A friend of mine today pledged $100 even though he's never played Shenmue.
Another friend has so far pledged around $150 total, again never having played it.
I'm so thrilled.
Never underestimate those around you. These two wonderful friends could have donated just a measly $5 each when I asked them to pledge. They went above and beyond considering the circumstances.
Maybe because I have never stopped harping on about it since the KS was announced, but most likely they know how dearly I hold this franchise to my heart.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

Mine are:

I'm going to aks him how far they got Shenmue III developed for the Dreamcast. Was thinking about asking him on Twitter anyway. This is the perfect opportunity to do it now.

another VERY important question. will you keep donations coming in after ks ended through paypal? if they do this, this is the only way to get 10 million dollars

#YouaskYu were there originally 16 chapters in the shenmue saga or were there 11? please elaborate as to why some say 16 and some say 11.

If the fighting system will resemble the first two games (i.e. Virtua Fighter style) or be QTE based.

And one of my own... Some may not find it that important but for me it was another unique trait Shenmue had.

Q: Will you be bringing back the original menu music from Shenmue 1 & 2?
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A

johnvivant wrote: was the thing about a tin can telephone a joke?

LOL yes, I think Yu just said that because of the guys 10 year old daughter :P
It's nice to hear there'll be some nostalgic scenes though! \:D/
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] More physical PS4 version bundles ?

Limited Edition Shenmue 3 PS4 with PS4 physical copy 8)
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

V.E.T School Owners In Guilin Pledge $20,000 To Kickstarter

http://i.imgur.com/UDMN8px.png

The owners of the V.E.T 'Volunteer English Teacher' school in Guilin, China, have donated a substantial amount of funds to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. The school teaches children and young adults the English language which will help them in their educational and career pursuits. Please read the entire post by one of the school's owners ( wdrpgwd ) which details more about the school, the work they do and the help they need - as well as the reasoning behind their decision to pledge $20,000 to the Kickstarter.

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #10milliontoShenmue3
Volunteer English Teacher Facebook Page | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Serious proposal: #30to3point6 - 1/10th of backers donat

I think it's a great idea.
I've stated several times that I'm able to donate at least $500 a month if they offer a Paypal option.
That will be around $13,000 on top of my current KS pledge of $815 I will give towards development costs.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic