Search found 384 matches

Return

Kickstarter Update #62: Yu Suzuki & The Music of Shenmue

http://i.imgur.com/ZK8BFix.png

In this months Kickstarter update, Yu Suzuki discusses the process of selecting music for Shenmue, his experience and influences with music - and what music means in the creation of a game.

You can view the interview with Yu Suzuki here .

You can view the update in its entirety at the Kickstarter page here .

Links:
Forum Discussion
by Sonoshee
Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Gaiden: Christmas Event

http://i.imgur.com/WzctHEF.png

Lead programmer on the postponed Shenmue Gaiden visual novel, ShenSun , has created a Christmas special of the long-awaited point and click adventure.

Shenmue Gaiden: Christmas Event is a 30 minute lighthearted title with multiple outcomes across various playthroughs.

For more information, a synopsis and how to download, please visit ShenSun's topic here .

On a similar note, we'd like to wish a Happy New Year to all Shenmue fans across all communities. Here's to an exciting 2017!
by Sonoshee
Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Guardian: The 42 most anticipated video games of 201

Sony almost broke the internet when this long-awaited close to Yu Suzuki’s adventure trilogy was announced at E3 in 2015.

#-o :roll:
by Sonoshee
Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Size and detail of the world

I honestly believe it will be larger in scale than Yu originally envisioned (we already know the forest will be bigger for one thing).

Since the Kickstarter ended he spoke about how impressed he was with the Unreal Engine.

I think he was possibly running off the assumption that the team would have to build everything from the ground up like what happened with Shenmue when it was originally made; not taking into account how much easier development is now with engines like UE.

Also, don't forget that Yu did say Shenmue 3 "expands inward, not outward" (or words to those effect) so it was always going to be smaller in scale than Shenmue 2. It's a more intimate game than the second.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SEGA Europe Register ShenmueHD & ShenmueRemastered Domains

SEGA Europe have registered two new domains that hint strongly at a Shenmue HD remaster happening soon:

ShenmueHD.com and ShenmueRemastered.com

You can discuss this new turn of events with other Dojo members here.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Securing Shenmue's future

cactusjack901 wrote:Beyond that even; why should I go out of my way, to spend hundreds of dollars to play a game I've already spent over $100 on?

Because it's Shenmue. :P
by Sonoshee
Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When do you think we will see in this month's update

From this point forward I don't mind lack of updates. Infact I was near enough expecting it. This is the "pedal to the metal" period for Yu and the development team now, as Peter already stated. Let them crack on with the game and give us updates when they can. If we get a trailer or new screens at Magic or E3 then I'll be a happy camper, otherwise I'm not fussed.
by Sonoshee
Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Which character deserve a spin-off game and How would it

south carmain wrote: A younger Lan D searching for his father's killer which leads him to discover the mirrors and their secret.

This would get my vote 8)
by Sonoshee
Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

I still stand by my opinion that, this year, no monthly updates are a good thing.

YSNet are extremely busy and freeing up any resources right now to throw out a small monthly update would only hurt development.

At this point I'm inclined to say that the next update we get, whenever that will be, will be a big one (new trailer, character models etc) .

I think patience should be something we're all used to by now ;-)
by Sonoshee
Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What do you think we will see in this month's update

I still stand by my opinion that, this year, no monthly updates are a good thing.

YSNet are extremely busy and freeing up any resources right now to throw out a small monthly update would only hurt development.
But you're seemingly ignoring the fact that YSNet doesn't post the updates, Awesome Japan does.

Yet you are ignoring the fact that AwesomeJapan get their updates/material from YSNet. That would require a resource from YSNet being "freed up" from development to get it to them. If AJ doesn't have anything, they can't post anything.
I don't understand the big deal here with regards to monthly updates. They held their promise solidly for over a year and now that development has hit full speed, updates were always going to be far and few between. They shouldn't need to tell you that, it should be common sense really. Personally, as I said, I'd rather they just focused on development right now. Don't we all want the best game here?
by Sonoshee
Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

March 3rd Tweetathon

The March 3rd #SaveShenmueHD Tweetathon is now underway!

As always, there are three ways you can participate:

1) Tweet the hashtag
2) Retweet other fans
3) Activate your AutoTweet at TeamYu.net

Thanks for your support!
by Sonoshee
Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #66: Reimagining Shenmue III

Is it wrong I now want this (as a completely seperate entity to Shenmue 3)?
by Sonoshee
Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega E3 Product Categories

Role playing on three platforms (inc. Xbox One)... Yakuza and Valkyria have never come to the Xbox so I'm inclined to say SHENMUE HD! :P

by Sonoshee
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Poll: vote for Shenmue!

Voted!

1- Shenmue (Dreamcast)
2- Shenmue II (Dreamcast)
3- Alice: Madness Returns (Xbox 360)

Thank you Switch!
by Sonoshee
Tue May 02, 2017 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New official survey from Sega

All done!

PS. It was great to see them include other classic SEGA IP's that I thought they'd omit entirely (eg. Panzer Dragoon, Skies of Arcadia)
by Sonoshee
Wed May 24, 2017 6:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

I personally don't understand all the fuss over a clearly unfinished character model.

Maybe this is why we aren't seeing a lot of backer updates. If this is what it's like on the Dojo I daren't even guess what the KS comments are like. I'd expect this sort of behaviour from ill-informed 'journalists' from IGN or Eurogamer, but not those claiming to be Shenmue fans.
by Sonoshee
Tue May 30, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Shenmue III comes out!

Usually I'd stock up on energy drinks, but I think I'll be running completely on adrenaline that I won't even need to :twisted:
by Sonoshee
Wed May 31, 2017 3:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: RESULTS: Famitsu Poll for Best Action-Adventure [June 20

This was such a great result for the series!

Thanks for the hard work Switch, fyi I have just added this to the news section :)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Michael Huber comments on no Shenmue 3 at E3

^^First time poster, lol

Anyway I love Huber, I watch his Huber Hype from 2015 often and love the guys excitement and dedication to the series!
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Any Shmup fans?

I love shmup's , but don't ask me if I'm actually any good at them :P
Still, the challenge of a bullet hell shooter is pretty sweet :twisted:

Here are some of the ones I remember having played and enjoyed:

Radiant Silvergun, Sexy Parodius, Battle Garegga, Ikaruga, Akai Katana Shin, Otomedius G/Excellent, Caladrius, Deathsmiles/IIx, Bulletsoul/Infinite Burst, Mushihimesama/Futari, Dodonpachi Saidaioujyou/Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label, Pink Sweets, Muchi Muchi Pork, SakuraFlamingoArchives, Espgaluda 2, Senko No Ronde/Duo, Guwange, Triggerheart Exelica, Eschatos, Ginga Force, Ghost Blade, Raiden V, Mamorukun Curse!, Strike Witches: Hakugin no Tsubasa.

PS. I have Bulk Slash on the Saturn, love that game!
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Searching for shenmue 1 cardboard sleeve

I know its more expensive (stupid Ebay sharks) but it'd be easier just to buy the games in their complete state. I don't think I've ever seen the sleeves themselves on Ebay...
by Sonoshee
Sat Jun 03, 2017 4:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

I'm not upset about it in the least, infact this announcement has really made me smile. It feels like the game is getting the proper development period that a game like Shenmue requires and it will only reap the benefits of the extra year or so.
Yu-san stating that the game has become bigger and more beautiful than he originally imagined really gave me goosebumps.

Those of you who hoped to see something to help "soften the blow" of the delay, I expect we'll now see something solid at MAGIC early next year.

This announcement also gives Sega more time to pull their fingers out of their behinds and deliver us Shenmue HD!
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

Phil.

If you looked into things a bit more (ie. the YSnet website) you'd see that they are hiring and only hiring experienced developers and those familar with UE4.
Veteran developers that Yu has hired from the AM2 development team of the past are people who I'd trust more than having some other "big company" step in and take over. These guys lived and breathed Shenmue for many years. They know Shenmue. They ARE Shenmue.

It really doesn't matter how long Suzuki has been out of the game, he's still the visionary he always was. You can tell by some of the idea's he has for Shenmue 3. Like the Rapport system; whereby Shenhua or other NPC's will be a certain proximity to or away from you depending on the level of trust. That's pretty impressive. I don't remember seeing that kind of feature in any other game to date. It's these little touches that will make Shenmue 3 as intimate and impressive as the previous instalments.

I can understand the worries you have. But when you look at things logically, you'll see that we really do have the best team and the best guys behind Shenmue 3.

Just give them the benefit of the doubt if you can't give them trust.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Damn It Jibby!

It's always a pleasure to watch the streams... when I get chance.

I was on Youtube just the other evening and clicked on to the stream and saw Peter failing the QTE where Ryo & Ren are running away from a chainsaw wielding Yuan. Peter's reaction was priceless - he just let the rest of the QTE play out without even trying, with his face in his palm (exactly what I did at times) :lol:

It was also interesting to see that Peter had never seen the part where you fail in a QTE when Dou Niu is chasing you - when he falls and gets stuck in the floor - ending with you fighting some of his cronies.

The "Go on, say it Jibbs" when Peter failed was brilliant, too.... "RIP" :lol:
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Delay/Storyline speculation [Spoilers]

darksniper wrote: In the Shenmue postmortem Yu Suzuki explicitly states that Ryo does in fact defeat Lan Di.

He also stated in an interview with ShenmueMaster that the "feeling of revenge will completely disappear".

by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

Spaghetti wrote: Short answer: Nah.

Long answer: Nah...

:lol:
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Well a shit morning has just turned into a fabulous morning!

That LOGO!!! \:D/ =D>

We will be attending Germany's mid-August gaming event gamescom 2017! While we are still working out the details with our partners, we plan to show our newest movie clips, share the latest updates and even make some new announcements .

Okay... where's that "drool" smiley when you need him? Really looking forward to this, especially the new movie clips!

Be on the lookout for shirt button projectiles!

:lol:
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

The_Intruder wrote:Is that new character Mai Mai that Kenji talked about in his video?

I was thinking the same thing when I saw it...
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 30, 2017 5:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Famitsu Poll Results: Action-Adventure Game Top 20 [June 17]

http://i.imgur.com/Eie9Z0U.png

Last month, Famitsu Online ran a poll to find out which of the Top 20 Action-Adventure games audiences loved the most.

The results of the poll have now been published in the Weekly Famitsu magazine - with both Shenmue titles having scored in the Top 10!

For a full rundown of the results, including brief new interviews with Yu Suzuki, Megumi Yasu and Masaya Matsukaze, please see the complete article published by Dojo veteran Switch on his website here .

Links: Discussion Topic
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If a Shenmue Life Spinoff gets announced!

khmlight3 wrote:
darksniper wrote: It would be nice if they did a Ren of Heavens spinoff game with Ren as the main character. That would be sick!

That would be cool!

"This is cool"
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

Kiske wrote:I should probably just stop drinking in the middle of the afternoon.

If anyone asks if you're okay... Just say:

by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

Sorry if it's a stupid question, but wasn't Sony originally the Publisher of the PS4 version?

Does the Deep Silver deal put an end to the Slacker Backer campaign in the near future?

Maybe Deep Silver are taking over publishing duties in Europe and America, with Sony focusing on Japan? I'm hopeful we'll find out more at Gamecom regarding Deep Silver's involvement.

As for the Slacker Backer... I'd like to think that with Deep Silver entering the fray that the game will be fully funded, giving Suzuki-san what he requires to make it "the full on Shenmue experience"...
by Sonoshee
Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Deep Silver Partnership Signed + Gamescom Meet & Greet i

To me, the publisher doesn't make the game but simply ensures that it gets out to the public.

Well it depends.

I'm assuming you don't know about the whole Dead Island 2 fiasco?
Deep Silver weren't happy with how the game was turning out, so removed it from the-then developer due to "creative differences" and handed it off to Sumo Digital, who are now working on it.
I'm not saying this will happen with Shenmue 3, but at this point we don't know what sort of clout Deep Silver hold.
This is why I have a bad taste in my mouth them teaming with Deep Silver inparticular. Their track record isn't brilliant, despite releasing some pretty cool games to the west.

Deep down I know Yu Suzuki wouldn't have made the deal if he felt any sort of creative power would have been taken away from him, but I don't think that means Deep Silver won't hold any sort of influence in some respect if they've put money into the pot.

I don't know, I just feel uneasy with the deal. I'd prefer to know why Sony aren't publishing, as originally intended, if I'm honest.
by Sonoshee
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

I can understand the passion.

But you should also understand that this is Yu Suzuki's vision and no-one else's.
Trust the guy in his moment of need.

I have to ask, did people get so worked up like this when they saw work-in-progress images of Shenmue & Shenmue 2 back in the day?
And yet, everything turned out just fine, didn't it?

I think a lot of over-reacting is going on in this thread.

Everything will be fine. Character models are worked on right up until release, even though yes, these models are in a press release.

Peter said it best - we actually have a Shenmue 3 .

So just calm your panties everyone 8)
by Sonoshee
Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's On A Plane

And thus, the overwhelming tears of joyness... begins!

by Sonoshee
Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

mjq jazz bar wrote:Now, the logo... Not sure how I feel about it. Not as bad as I initially thought, but I don't get the design intent.

It could very well be a Deep Silver decision.

This is one of the reasons why I wasn't happy with the partnership with them inparticular.
by Sonoshee
Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 1st Shenmue III Teaser

The animations are pretty poor. A stark contrast to to the environments. Both the fighting and facial animations seem worse than Shenmue 1 and 2. Will this have plenty of time to be worked on or are they supposed to be more developed at this stage?

There's still a full 12 months of development left to go, at the very least.
Don't worry about it. This is work in progress material.
by Sonoshee
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

I haven't shook this much from adrenaline since Shenmue 3 was first announced!

The game is atleast 12 months from release and it looks so cinematic already.

I aren't going to be able to sleep at all tonight.

I fucking love you, Yu-san!

=D>
by Sonoshee
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

http://ift.tt/2wiBzGg

Kotaku with the first dagger. Prepare for a lot of this. I truly feel bad for Yu Suzuki, but I think he'll pull it off in the end.

Kotaku can never be taken seriously, especially when the writer of that "article" posts on his Twitter that "Shenmue fans are people who just haven't played Yakuza yet."

Sites like that are pure click-bait and should be avoided like the plague.

Quite why they let a biased writer post about Shenmue 3 would normally be a headscratcher but as I said... it's Kotaku.
by Sonoshee
Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1968776

日本語版はこちら

Hello Everyone!

Sorry for the long wait, but the newest progress video is here! Please see how Shenmue III is coming along with a born again Ryo and Shenhua, plus new stages!

https://youtu.be/-4bZ3eYE3BI

Yu Suzuki on the title logo

"I really wanted to bring home the Shenmue logo because this belongs to all of you, and I know how passionate everyone feels about it. As the result, I felt the design should come more from the heart. So, with more than a bit of trepidation, I took brush to hand. I believe we have reached a design that will please, but let me know what you think!"

http://i.imgur.com/8nuS25a.png

http://i.imgur.com/hIzyuBh.jpg

Yu-san is now in Germany attending gamescom 2017. We will have an activity report once he gets back, so please keep it here!

Thank you for your support!

by Sonoshee
Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Screens + Note From Yu via Playstation Blog

I really want they downplay a lot the flying laser sword. Yes!! Please play it off as a hallucination or something.

This again... :roll:

Anyone who wants the magical elements of Shenmue "played off" will find themselves sorely disappointed.

It's no secret that the franchise had it from as early on as the Saturn era.
by Sonoshee
Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Executive producer of Shenmue III: However, this time we weren’t able to make it on time for the video. While the video we presented this time was meant to be a promotion for us, I believe that it was a little premature. Since starting the project in 2015, we haven’t released that many videos. Since we signed a publishing contract with Deep Silver, a part of us felt the need to announce “We’re continuing the project’s development under a new establishment. Please rest assured,” and we felt that it would be wrong to not have any kind of video, so we decided to release one this time around. It might sound like a bit of an excuse, but even though there are some parts that we feel is lacking or some parts that we’re not satisfied with, we decided to go ahead with it because we didn’t want to not have anything to show for it.”

I really feel sorry for them.

Exciting to get confirmation that this is older footage. That makes me hopeful that we'll get to see new and improved footage in the near future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Didn't see any confirmation in there that it's older footage. His implication seems to be that they put this together for Gamescom, following the DS contract signing.

Peter confirmed he saw "90%" of the Gamescom footage last year at the backer dinner.
by Sonoshee
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game Watch Japan Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom 2017

Hyo Razuki wrote: Seems there will be dlc for S3. Starting to feel a bit uncomfortable because of this. Hope they will keep the dlc down to a minimum and not do any microtransactions.

I'm fine with DLC. Micro-transactions I am not.
by Sonoshee
Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic