Search found 384 matches

Return

Re: Yu Suzuki makes statement on funding & budget on KS upda

This statement has just settled a sh*t ton of nerves. I had butterflies about it not being a "true" sequel if the $10 million wasn't met.

Thank you Supa and Himuro ;-)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

myshtuff wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Still skeptical tbh, but I'll feel much better if we hit the 5mil mark and they add a post-KS PayPal option. Next thing to pester him about... product placement!

Product placement within the game? Or you mean placing Shenmue in other media to get the word out?

Jet Cola FTW!
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Yu Suzuki married?

Someone has to look after his turtle and two Yorkshire terriers while he's away :P
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "classic" old school mode?

Centrale wrote:I wouldn't really want the core development team to divert any resources away from any other aspect of the game to make artificial loading screens.

It's a black screen with a location, date and time on it. I can't imagine it would require that many resources ;-)
by Sonoshee
Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

ritsuka666 wrote: I am affraid we will only reach 4M in t he final stage of Kickstart :(

Nah, we'll hit between 5-6 million.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Saying Goodbye to Joy?

And how do I trigger the conversation about Gui Zhang and Master Chen? I seem to recall it happening in the arcade...

It happened in Worker's Pier for myself, she was stood to the left of the pier as you enter, just past the stalls. I'd love to know how to trigger it again too!

I also can't remember if there is just one conversation, or two. For some reason I think there are two, one about Gui Zhang and one about Master Chen, but it doesn't make sense for them not to discuss both at the same time. I think my memory is just failing me. I'll dig around later!

You're right! They do have two separate discussions about Master Chen and Guizhang, in the Pine Arcade (first link) and at Worker's Pier :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm5mqpgM-O0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4y9S_isBCs
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

ConanTheKing wrote: As far as I am aware, Shenmue 3 has one village but if Yu gets enough money then two more will be added.

I thought we were getting all three villages and that it was dependent on funding to how much bigger they would be or if they have mini games etc.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

If they had it coming to xbox one it would be over 5 million by now , I hope sony are paying millions for this , if not im pretty annoyed on the lost out potential xbox user funds .

Microsoft had plenty of opportunities to revive the franchise and could have even done it in co-operation with Yu the same way Sony is doing it now with support and advertising; but ultimately, they decided not to. That's fine, but then nothing can be said when it doesn't come out on the Xbox One. Sony have given Yu the chance he deserves, not MS. Cut them some slack.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I replayed Shenmue II disc 4 last night

I just finished disc 3 again and after all this time it's still as epically mind blowing as the first time I played it.
Those QTE's in the Yellow Head Bldg are nothing but pure, raw adrenaline :heart:

Now then, Disc 4... my lovely, lovely disc 4... \:D/
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Questions for Yu during twitch compiling the list

We should really have a question in there regarding Paypal as a means of funding after the Kickstarter has finished. We really need to push this question to Yu and Biscay every single chance we get.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Elusive Gold Dural

I don't know if this will help in anyway but here's what I did when I got my Gold Dural the first time I even entered the Abe Store. Worth a shot in posting this just in case it's a trigger.

- Talked to Abe
- Talked to Abe again
- Bought Caramel
- Bought Potato Chips
- Bought Squid Legs

I won and received the Gold Dural after buying the Squid Legs.

I'm sure it's absolutely completely random but try it anyway if you like.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 10000 dinner reward back up for grabs!

Master Kyodai wrote: Yu should offer a ride in his Ferrari

... with Passing Breeze on the radio 8)

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 7:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

People will get their pay checks next week and we have #30onthe3rd next Friday too. Don't get all panicky just yet.

What upsets me most are the people who will only pledge or raise their pledge for better rewards. Considering Yu threw us a life line to get this game made yet they are pushing for rewards for their money sickens me. The only reward you need is Shenmue 3. F*ck everything else.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New Shenmue 3 Concept Art Revealed

http://i.imgur.com/1z4GH3p.png

Yu Suzuki has released a new concept art for Shenmue 3 via his official Twitter page.
Accompanying the image is a caption reading "白鹿村老婆", which translated means "White Deer; Village Wife".
The White Deer, as we know from Shenhua in Shenmue II, is the guardian animal of Bailu Village.
More information and the full size art can be found via the Dojo forum discussion .

Links: Yu Suzuki's Tweet | Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

Too big? Nope. It made going back through it in subsequent playthroughs even more enjoyable.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should we be expecting AAA standards or indie standards?

I would be completely fine with Life is strange prodution values, also I recomend playing it, cool story, awesome OST, likable characters nice attention to details, everything I love about Shenmue and it is a low budget game.

I love that game, I got a Shenmue-type vibe from it as well.
Hopefully part 4 will drop sometime next month [-o<
by Sonoshee
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Think Shenmue 2x is better

I couldn't even make it past the Come Over Guest House because of the awful voice "acting".
The Dreamcast version is superior in every way minus the frame rate issues.
by Sonoshee
Sat Jun 20, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

http://i.imgur.com/yzQrS87.png

The $30 on the 3rd Kickstarter push is almost upon us!
For those of us who can afford to make an extra $30 donation, it would be highly recommended to try and up our pledge together across the globe in one big hit. This way we can make the strongest impact on the Kickstarter.

Below are the ideal timezones for varying countries:

PDT 11 a.m. | MDT 12 p.m. | CDT 1 p.m. | EDT 2 p.m.
———————
UCT 6 p.m. | BST 7 p.m. | CEST 8 p.m. | EEST 9 p.m.

More information about this Kickstarter push can be found on the Dojo's forum discussion thread .

Please understand that in no way, shape or form is this push forcing you to pledge extra. If you can afford any extra at this time (or even after the 3rd) then please do - but it is important that you and your own are taken care of first and foremost.

Thank you - to anyone who can - for going the extra mile. Now let's send a shock wave through that Kickstarter!

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #30onthe3rd
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | 30onthe3rd.com | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

elfshadowreaper wrote:Dojo mods, please sticky this or post it on the home page for maximum exposure.

Posted this to the front page :)
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

If it's PS4 physical or Shenmue 1 & 2 HD, the Kickstarter will explode along with #30onthe3rd 8)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

elfshadowreaper wrote:If Shenmue 1 & 2 get HD remakes can we import the save files?

That would be so awesome!
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 3:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kavinsky just tweeted out the Shenmue Kickstarter

On it like wild fire! Thanks! 8)
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Those are some really kick ass reward tiers! And physical PS4 copies too! This day just got a sh*t ton better! :D

My problem with the using faces thing is immersion. Like, we'll be in rural China and shit, and see white peoples faces plastered all over a train station? What the fuck? Will they make the Chi You Men NPC's look Chinese? Hopefully they do? Because I really don't want to be fighting some random white guy with no explanation in the middle of the Chinese boondocks. :-k

It will be handled well, trust Yu. Mad Angels was full of foreigners. And remember the scout in Shenmue 2 who was recruiting to send fighters to the ChiYouMen in China. Foreigners are everywhere :P
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Kickstarter Just Hit $4 Million!

Woo! =D>

- $4 million reached - stretch goal: Baisha Village Expanded & 5x Mini Games
(isn't that between $75-100,000 today?)

http://i.imgur.com/Vys7shW.png

Recap:

- 5 new reward tiers
- PS4 physical copy added
- 30onthe3rd boost

What an awesome, solid day for Shenmue!
(I also noticed AwesomeJapan added an apology for last weeks Twitch mess).

...But no time to breathe:

- Next step is $5 million, we need that character system that Yu really wants implemented
- Paypal option (still 14 days to go, hopefully they'll add this after the KS is over)
- Like always, keep pushing #SaveShenmue and #10milliontoShenmue3 every day
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 200% funded :)

A friend of mine today pledged $100 even though he's never played Shenmue.
Another friend has so far pledged around $150 total, again never having played it.
I'm so thrilled.
Never underestimate those around you. These two wonderful friends could have donated just a measly $5 each when I asked them to pledge. They went above and beyond considering the circumstances.
Maybe because I have never stopped harping on about it since the KS was announced, but most likely they know how dearly I hold this franchise to my heart.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

Mine are:

I'm going to aks him how far they got Shenmue III developed for the Dreamcast. Was thinking about asking him on Twitter anyway. This is the perfect opportunity to do it now.

another VERY important question. will you keep donations coming in after ks ended through paypal? if they do this, this is the only way to get 10 million dollars

#YouaskYu were there originally 16 chapters in the shenmue saga or were there 11? please elaborate as to why some say 16 and some say 11.

If the fighting system will resemble the first two games (i.e. Virtua Fighter style) or be QTE based.

And one of my own... Some may not find it that important but for me it was another unique trait Shenmue had.

Q: Will you be bringing back the original menu music from Shenmue 1 & 2?
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A

johnvivant wrote: was the thing about a tin can telephone a joke?

LOL yes, I think Yu just said that because of the guys 10 year old daughter :P
It's nice to hear there'll be some nostalgic scenes though! \:D/
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] More physical PS4 version bundles ?

Limited Edition Shenmue 3 PS4 with PS4 physical copy 8)
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

V.E.T School Owners In Guilin Pledge $20,000 To Kickstarter

http://i.imgur.com/UDMN8px.png

The owners of the V.E.T 'Volunteer English Teacher' school in Guilin, China, have donated a substantial amount of funds to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter. The school teaches children and young adults the English language which will help them in their educational and career pursuits. Please read the entire post by one of the school's owners ( wdrpgwd ) which details more about the school, the work they do and the help they need - as well as the reasoning behind their decision to pledge $20,000 to the Kickstarter.

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #10milliontoShenmue3
Volunteer English Teacher Facebook Page | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Serious proposal: #30to3point6 - 1/10th of backers donat

I think it's a great idea.
I've stated several times that I'm able to donate at least $500 a month if they offer a Paypal option.
That will be around $13,000 on top of my current KS pledge of $815 I will give towards development costs.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

Absolutely outstanding! Thank you for everything you do, not just for the Kickstarter but for those wonderful children in Guilin! I have re-tweeted the Dojo's tweet of this and have posted up a front page article!
by Sonoshee
Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Raising funds for Shenmue - Post your auctions

I just made $190/£120 off my two spare DC PAL copies of Shenmue and Shenmue 2 on Ebay (they were backups I bought years ago in case anything ever happened to my originals.)
These funds will be going straight to the Kickstarter on top of my current $660 pledge :heart:

Edit: Done!

http://i.imgur.com/cTJp0mt.png
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 04, 2015 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

I think a good many of us knew about the "magic" since Project Berkley and the early footage of Lan Di and Shenhua battling each other.

Also, it should be plain as day to those who didn't when Master Chen mentions in the first game "When the Dragon and the Phoenix meet, the gates of heaven and earth will open. Then 'Chiyou' (a mythical bird of Chinese legend) will resurrect itself on earth". That's not your every day occurrence.
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Eurogamer - What Makes Shenmue's Open World So Special?

The way Yu Suzuki created what felt like a real, living, breathing world is always what appealed to me. Since GTA3 happened, it seems like open world games have focused more and more on creating larger and larger worlds that act like playgrounds for the player to wonder from place to place to partake in missions and side quests, but nothing ever feels very realistic or detailed.

This, GTA to me feels empty and fake, Shenmue felt real.
I've not played the GTA series much, I did start GTA5 though and I have to agree, the world seems huge, but there isn't any soul to it, you know? No open world has really ever come close to Shenmue's IMO.

I agree! In GTA, Saints Row and other huge open world games, after you've finished all activities and side stories, it's pretty much empty with nothing left to do. After all these years, players are still finding new things in Shenmue. On my latest playthrough of S2 I found a blue forklift toy hidden behind one of the mattresses in the Free Stay Lodge. Probably old news to many but to me it was something new. It's the little things that you discover for the first time that make you smile. Shenmue indeed has a soul and it never feels empty or lacking.
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another 64 x $1,500 "I AM SHENMUE" pledges available!

That's gonna be one cramped wall of the Choubu waiting area :P
by Sonoshee
Mon Jul 06, 2015 8:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter soundtrack reward

I'm in agreement with Miles, I think it could just be a selection of tracks.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

I understand this is "For the fans, by the fans"... But at this rate it's just going to be one big advertisement :sad:
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #28 - Kenji Miyawaki Interview Part 2

http://i.imgur.com/uLe6ygw.png

Main character designer Kenji Miyawaki is back for the second part of his interview for one look back and one look forward. Kenji talks about how Ryo’s character got his fashion sense, and explains the mysterious character on the canvas.

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #10milliontoShenmue3
Kickstarter Update | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #28 - Kenji Miyawaki Interview Part 2

English
phpBB [video]

Japanese
phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Im not calling Yu Suzuki a liar.....

I'm pretty sure Yu meant each of the villages would be the size of Dobuita, not combined. It looks like you have to travel by boat between Baisha and Choubu anyway so that helps the argument.

I imagine Yu has secured a good amount of millions from other sources. He said that even if the KS didn't reach $10 mill, Shenmue 3 would still stand tall next to the first two games. And $5-6 million couldn't possibly do that.

All that said, we still need to put as much funding into the KS as possible.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A Round 2 with Yu coming later!

Someone ask him the most important unasked question so far:

"Why does Ryo have brown hair now?"

Development hasn't started. The brown hair was just as off as his face. These were just Kickstarter promos. Really wouldn't look too far into it.

Did you draw that avatar you have? It's super cute.

No it's by sawa_shenmue, he's really talented! He has some other cute Shenmue arts on his Twitter page :)
https://twitter.com/sawa_shenmue
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#TheFinalBlow - LAST CHANCE FOR SHENMUE 3

http://i.imgur.com/mMkDRRB.png

Last month our dreams were made a reality with the reveal of Shenmue 3 at E3. Over the past twenty five days, many of us have done everything we possibly can to #SaveShenmue and make Yu Suzuki's vision for Shenmue 3 a reality. With the final days of the Kickstarter closing in, Shenhua and Ryo need us now more than ever.

The Shenmue community is therefore undertaking #TheFinalBlow to the Kickstarter from July 15th through 17th . If you haven't pledged - this is the time. If you can raise your pledge - please do so. Those of you holding out for a Paypal option - don't.
Do not look back in regret and think how you could have helped make Shenmue 3 the game it should have been.

Yi - To act without hesitation, to do what is right

Please pledge or upgrade your pledge NOW.
The quality and scale of Shenmue 3 is dependent on the Kickstarter’s overall success.

Spread this message (and the associated hashtags) on Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, Twitch, Instagram, gaming forums... and anywhere else you possibly can .

The future of Shenmue is in our hands... Let's make our voices heard one last time!

Links & Hashtags: #SaveShenmue #TheFinalBlow
30onthe3rd Article | Fate of Shenmue video | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | Forum Discussion | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 10, 2015 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

#YouAskYu Twitter Q&A Transcript - Round 2

http://i.imgur.com/M4054hC.png

Yu Suzuki took to Twitter on Friday, July 10th to answer more questions as part of the #YouAskYu initiative.
The transcript of the entire Q&A has now been compiled and posted on the Dojo forums (many thanks to Peter).

You can find the first #YouAskYu Q&A transcript from Friday, July 3rd here .

Links & Hashtags: #YouAskYu #TheFinalBlow #SaveShenmue
Forum Discussion | Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 11, 2015 4:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Synopsis for Shenmue & Shenmue II

http://i.imgur.com/veuuVuq.png

Dojo member alvlegacy has written a comprehensive synopsis for both Shenmue I & II which covers important plot details.

These are perfect for newcomers to the franchise who haven't played the first two Dreamcast titles.

- Shenmue Synopsis
- Shenmue II Synopsis

Links & Hashtags: #TheFinalBlow #SaveShenmue
Shenmue 3 Kickstarter | News Archive
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 'Thank Yu' (by Mathew Rimmer)

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 11, 2015 11:12 am