Search found 384 matches

Return

Re: Possible Dreamcast Mini on the horizon

If a Dreamcast Mini came out I would buy one straight away. Here is my list of games I'd like to see.

Shenmue 1+2
Jet Set Radio
Crazy Taxi
Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2
Sonic Adventure 1+2
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Space Channel 5
Skies of Arcadia
Soul Caliber 2
Super Monkey Ball
Chu Chu Rocket
Grandia 2

Panzer Dragoon Saga was a Saturn game.
by Sonoshee
Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: Isn't Shemue Legend and shmoozip the same person :-k both have serious issues.

Nope. Both are treading on very thin ice though.
by Sonoshee
Fri Jan 05, 2018 6:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why isn't Sega funding Shenmue III?

Have a 7 day time out. When you come back, try to be less annoying.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mjq jazz bar wrote: https://twitter.com/Hazuki_Dojo/status/ ... 9149734913

Nice Tweet, man.

Waiting for YSNet to take legal action on this guy.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenGCH wrote:The dusk pictures absolutely ooze Shenmue.

Those ones remind me of the moment between Ryo and Xiuying at Man Mo Temple when Ryo goes to say his farewell.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sega Europe's "Fun Mid-Week Nostalgia Fuelled Poll"

https://i.imgur.com/5eFlJLv.png

Sega Europe have posted a poll on their official Twitter asking fans to name their favourite console and video game.

Please take this opportunity to vote for Shenmue while reminding them of the importance of releasing HD versions of both titles before Shenmue 3 arrives later this year.

Visit this link to vote and remember to use the #SaveShenmueHD hashtag in any tweet you make!
by Sonoshee
Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why have I been banned? I thought it was a 7 day suspension?
You will forever be banned, you are not welcome here. No matter how many accounts you make because all you do is annoy others with your trolling and pestering others on Twitter.

According to the IP checks, you and Shenmue_Legend are one and the same.

I haven't got time for your split personality, so do one.
by Sonoshee
Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Need Help Re: Yu Suzuki as a Cartoon/Animation

I'm assuming this is some sort of project you are working on? So I think this would fit in Community Projects better.

Hopefully someone can help you find what you need! :)
by Sonoshee
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much say does Deep Silver have in the creative proce

I believe Yu has always said he'll hold a firm hand with publishers prior to signing any deal, especially where full creative control is concerned. I cannot see the Deep Silver agreement causing any major issues.
by Sonoshee
Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Just woke up from a SIII dream!

Truck_1_0_1_ wrote:It was so damn bright last night, one of the brightest moons I can ever remember in my life.

by Sonoshee
Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Gaiden: A Christmas Tale

https://i.imgur.com/sngXvyI.png

Community member ShenSun has released the latest instalment in his Shenmue Gaiden series, titled "A Christmas Tale".

Though a slightly belated release, ShenSun made it clear he wished this to be delivered before the 2018 Christmas period.

"A Christmas Tale" is a lighthearted, click & point adventure game set in the Shenmue universe, featuring many memorable characters and environments.

For more information, including plot synopsis and how to download & install, please visit the dedicated forum thread here .
by Sonoshee
Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Magic Monaco 2018 details and new Shenmue III screenshot

Gosh...just watched again the extended cut. In that Title Champ minigame Ryo looks to be throwing random punchs to the air. Just look and compare to Shenmue 1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3nCOLrzKAg

Yep - I noticed that, too. Those punches get nowhere near the punch pads on the Title QTE machine!

I think you guys need to relax. Everything we've seen is unfinished.

I can understand why they are hesitant to show anything as work in progress, they just get torn a new one for it whenever they do.
by Sonoshee
Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 on Steam?

The reason Shenmue 3 isn't on Xbox is simply because Microsoft showed little to no interest in having it. Infact, Yu mentioned at one point he tried to strike a deal a few times with them over the years but nothing ever came of it. It not being on the Xbox platform lies solely in the hands of Microsoft. Shenmue 2 wasn't a great seller for them so from that point, it's understandable. They are also focusing more on first party titles from what Phil Spencer said back in 2015 in an interview post-E3.

It was really Sony and their Third Party Productions team (Gio Corsi et al) who we all have to thank for getting Shenmue 3 off the ground. It makes sense it would be PS4 exclusive for this reason.
by Sonoshee
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Dojo

Yama. What can I say? It was a hard pill to swallow learning that you were stepping down. But when I heard it was Peter who would be taking over, all of that worry disappeared.

I've never met two more wonderfully thoughtful, trusting and warm hearted people.

When Yama gave me newsposter & moderator status's here at the Dojo, I was intent on reciprocating that trust while being a part of something very special.

Now with Peter at the healm, we're about to usher in another era of great times.

To both Yama and Peter - thank you for everything past and everything to come!
by Sonoshee
Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Niao Sun still planned to be the villain in Shenmue I

UltimateBeing01 wrote:I really hope he doesn't steal ideas from other sources. It won't work in Shenmue!

Steal? He doesn't play other videogames for starters.

Yu-san has always been an innovator. You only have to look at his past works.
by Sonoshee
Thu Mar 22, 2018 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net: The Classics

Peter wrote: FUCK OFF YOU BASTARD!

I actually had a heart attack. I'm not joking.

Lol! I actually fell for it too, until I reached the modding part :oops: :lol:
by Sonoshee
Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Panzer Dragoon Orta coming to Xbox One next week

April 17th.

It will have widescreen support with enhanced resolution.
As I'm sure many of you will already be aware, playing Orta for 5+ hours unlocks the original Panzer Dragoon as well.

I'm so happy I don't have to lug out my original Xbox just to play it (the 360 crashed to the dash after chapter 3, something they never fixed until now with the One release.)

Some other classics would be appreciated, like Gunvalkyrie and Otogi.
(Yes, I would say Shenmue 2 but I aren't a huge fan of the Xbox port and besides, I'd rather see both titles in HD.)

https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/10/17220090/microsoft-xbox-backwards-compatibility-original-list-2018
by Sonoshee
Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

You have to be insane to want to get rid of it.

Not only does it have the original releases of Shenmue on there (as well as still being the only official place to find What's Shenmue?), but its incredible game listing still remains without Shenmue exclusitivity.

I mean, these games alone are worth holding on to the system for: Skies of Arcadia, Sega Rally 2, Sonic Adventure, Ecco the Dolphin, Chu Chu Rocket, Samba De Amigo (with maracas and dance mat), Jet Set Radio, Space Channel 5, Metropolis Street Racer, Evolution World of Sacred Device, Power Stone, Ready 2 Rumble Boxing, F355 Challenge, Crazy Taxi 2, Speed Devils, Daytona 2001, Pen Pen Triathalon, Blue Stinger, IllBleed, Fighting Vipers 2, Zombie Revenge, Dynamite Cop, Confidemtial Mission...

And that's before all the amazing import games.

Like I said.... Insanity! lol
by Sonoshee
Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Time Skip In Shenmue I

Why would anyone want to rush through the first game with a Time Skip feature anyway? It felt like it was forced in Shenmue 2 due to reviews and/or feedback from the first title.
Personally, the Shenmue games were an experience to be soaked up. I had no issues wandering about waiting for a shop to open, or a cutscene to activate. It's one of the things I love most about the franchise infact.
Shenmue rewards with patience. That may upset some of todays gamers, but the formula shouldn't be changed to suit them.

https://i.imgur.com/wkDRgXz.jpg
by Sonoshee
Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How do you hope they handle the load screens?

Personally I'd like them to be kept as they originally were.

If it keeps others happy, maybe reduce the actual amount of time they appear for.

I wouldn't be happy having them ommited entirely.
by Sonoshee
Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

Interesting topic! I think collectors will still want to have them so in that regard I couldn't see a massive change.

Same thing with Panzer Dragoon Saga; even if we were ever to see a port, I don't see the price plummeting substantially either.
by Sonoshee
Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What happened to Sega-AM2?

It's upsetting to see a legendary developer reduced to making arcade games that never leave Japan. I'm sure they aren't without their merits, but when you look at their development history across the Saturn and Dreamcast, you can't help but get all depressed that they aren't at the cutting edge of innovation anymore :cry: .
by Sonoshee
Wed May 02, 2018 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Nier: Automata and Shining Resonance Refrain finally came to the Xbox so I've been having a real blast playing through them 8)
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 time skip?

Honestly I wish Shenmue 2 never had time skip, theres so much more to do and see than the first game.

I agree. But I disagree with it being needed in the first game too.
Personally I could never understand someone wanting to willingly progress things forward. A lot of the charm was in moving at the pace of the world around you. Shenmue rewards with patience. It's almost like the game is teaching the player the same thing that Ryo is having to learn.
by Sonoshee
Sat Jul 21, 2018 4:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic