Search found 30 matches

Return

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Yes, I am a fucking idiot. No, I cannot afford this. I'm justifying it by telling myself I've been waiting for this game since I was 11 years old, that's like £25 per year!
by ElephantStone
Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki doing Reddit AMA tomorrow!

I hope someone asks "what the fuck were you thinking with this Kickstarter, and why is it this amateurish when you've had years to build up to it?"

Not to be an annoyingly negative dick, but Jesus Christ, the stretch goals are still hidden at the bottom of the fucking page!
by ElephantStone
Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "TANK" CONTROLS

Nah fuck that, mandatory tank controls for everyone. Casuals can fuck off.
by ElephantStone
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 million

...you could elaborate on what is so "shit" about the marketing and what you would like to be done? I personally thought that announcing it at E3 was a great way to promote the Kickstarter and get things going. Surely marketing and promotion costs money? And surely they have little money and hence why the Kickstarter is so important?

Sorry mate, I was being a knob. I totally agree, I think announcing it at E3 was fantastic, and I'm delighted that Sony will be covering the marketing of Shenmue III.

However, the current Kickstarter campaign being run by Awesome Japan is shit . Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways to immediately improve it massively:

1) Mark all current videos and images of Shenmue III clearly with "concept art/images" a la Bloodstained did.

2) Immediately tidy up the main Kickstarter page: clearly show the stretch goals at the top of the page, have relevant links to Shenmue history for new people to see what all the fuss is about, link the update videos on the main Kickstarter page so they're there for all to see clearly - I've been following the campaign religiously since the announcement, and I've only just stumbled upon the Shenmue III theme that was released a couple days ago by watching AdamKoralik's video. People are missing this stuff because the campaign is so badly laid out.

3) Put a huge, huge fucking header clearly stating that $10M is required to make the full Shenmue III that Yu Suzuki has envisioned. Make that abundantly clear to absolutely everyone, right away.

This is not to mention some of the cooler things like maybe ripping off the Bloodstained campaign even further, and adding "social media achievements" to it, unlocking new stretch goals for a certain amount of tweets, likes, views or whatever.
by ElephantStone
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #12 - Vote for your favourite charact

MiTT3NZ wrote: That'd be the time I put the controller down n sink another six months of my life into Football Manager.

MiTT3NZ wrote: six months

Fucking casual.
by ElephantStone
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Pointing out the fact that the kickstarter has been horribly run by an utterly incompetent company is not "being negative," it's stating a fact.

It's frustrating as fuck because as Henry pointed out, it puts the burden solely on us to raise an insane amount of money, which just isn't possible. Telling yourself everything is fine and then patting yourself on the back for "being positive" isn't doing anything to help, at all. At least the people being critical are actually telling Awesome Japan how to improve things.
by ElephantStone
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Just booted up Shenmue and have spent the last couple hours running around Sakuragaoka and Dobuita, messing around in the arcade, practicing some moves, popping into that stupid fortune teller, talking to Megumi, Yamagishi-san, Tom, Nozomi and all that, just exploring the world. All I can think is "holy fuck, Shenmue III is actually coming."
by ElephantStone
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

$12M stretch goal - fire Awesome Japan. We'd hit it in a day.
by ElephantStone
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Also, while the long haired guy was totally annoying, I found the translator even more annoying. He had a lot of trouble articulating Yu Suzuki's words into English.

Dude, he was the fucking worst! Constantly bumbling through his shitty translations, umming and arring every 2 seconds, and then he'd just fucking stop . Like, not even finish translating Yu Suzuki's comment, and then the cheeky little fucker would smile and nod and look all proud of himself.

I actually couldn't believe this guy.
by ElephantStone
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Doesn't it suck to know that they're being paid to run this kickstarter? Why in the fucking world were they trusted with the biggest video game kickstarter of all time? Fuck me, imagine if it was being run by Fangamer - I genuinely think we'd be on track to smash $10M if it was being run by them. The campaign a company like that could run with a project like Shenmue III... my god, it would be insane.
by ElephantStone
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

Awesome Japan are fucking shit, and are not promoting it at all, so it's tanking.
by ElephantStone
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think this is the point we seriously need to approach YSnet with the idea of firing them. At this point Awesome Japan are about as useful as having literally nobody run the campaign, so even if it's a bit rocky during the transition, literally anything is better than letting these fuckwits bring the kickstarter to a grinding halt.

Admins of ShenmueDojo, Shenmue500K, TeamYu and every other Shenmue fansite need to step up and make it known that this isn't acceptable - fuck, float the idea of us doing it for free. Absolutely anything is better than Awesome Japan cutting a check for this shite.
by ElephantStone
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

mjq jazz bar wrote:I'll say that the negativity that's all over the Kickstarter comments probably isn't the most welcome sight to new pledgers.

I'll say that new pledgers do not exist because Awesome Japan are doing absolutely nothing to get them.
by ElephantStone
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moving on... the kickstarter is picking up a little, I see. Nearly 3 grand in 12 hours. Not quite the 500K some were predicting around here, but better than nothing I suppose. At this rate we're on track to raise another 114K by the end of the campaign. Sweet!
by ElephantStone
Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

I am genuinely astounded by the level of negativity on here. I am very hyped we will finally be getting Shenmue III.

Scouser, eh? Pretty sure we all know how you're going to "get" Shenmue III...

https://yotwolf.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/carl-jenkinson-banter.jpg
by ElephantStone
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

I'm a bit surprised to see so much negativity in regards to this update here, when this is pretty much the only thing that Awesome Japan have not completely fucked up in about 2 weeks now. When I saw this update I thought "oh wow, they're actually salvaging this."

I don't really agree with the "English dub is a waste of resources" argument. I don't like the English dub, and I will be playing it in Japanese with subtitles in 99% of my playthroughs if that's an option, but if that was the only way to play it, Shenmue III would flop ten times harder than the first 2. It's not for me, personally, but it'll make the game appeal to about a thousand times more people than a Japanese-only version, so it's money well spent as far as I'm concerned.
by ElephantStone
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Yu Suzuki Game Outside of Shenmue?

Virtua Fighter 3TB, hands down. Jackie Bryant is the best fighting game character ever made, and he has a fucking sweet jacket in that game.
by ElephantStone
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am a bit confused why the Ryo model looks so bad

I'm a bit confused why anyone cares tbh. It's a concept model from before the game has even gathered enough funding to start development, and Yu Suzuki has already said he doesn't like it. I would put my house (if I had one) on it looking exactly like the old Ryo by the time the actual game comes out - any Shenmue fans seriously worried about this should probably chill.
by ElephantStone
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am a bit confused why the Ryo model looks so bad

Jackie, no offense mate, but it's really difficult reading your posts. You ramble on for paragraphs and paragraphs about random shit without actually saying anything.

Anywho, I'm just saying I think people are being silly by getting upset about a concept model that has been made before the game has even finished gathering funds to start development.
by ElephantStone
Thu Jul 02, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Poll] More physical PS4 version bundles ?

Limited edtion Shenmue PS4 + physical PS4 copy would rake in hundreds of thousands imo. Assuming they'd ship the PS4 before 2017, that is. So many Shenmue fans will be getting PS4s for the game anyway.

My personal hope is that they add a $750 tier that is a Limited edition Shenmue PS4 + the $500 tier rewards. That'd be perfect.
by ElephantStone
Sat Jul 04, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Lucky Hit Photo Award is now much better value

I feel like they should change it to a "design your own lucky hit board" and lower the price by a grand or two. 99% of Shenmue fans don't want to see people's faces on Lucky Hit boards in Shenmue III, even their own faces. But there's tons of talented artists that are Shenmue fans that would probably love to have their work in Shenmue III. If they were able to design the layout and prizes (within reason) of their board too, that'd be pretty awesome and well worth the money.

Maybe even have a mini replica of their own Lucky Hit board as a physical reward alongside that, too. Shit, I'd consider shelling out 4 grand for something like that.
by ElephantStone
Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

I really don't get the bitching about Shenmue "turning into Dragon Ball." It was always going to be about magic/mysticism, since before any of you had even heard of Shenmue - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQ6-QRThA8A
by ElephantStone
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

Never in a million years is he sincere. This is absolute 100% damage control, and he still can't help himself from getting a few digs in at the kickstarter and Shenmue fans.

Kotaku's a digital shitrag for plebs.
by ElephantStone
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

KeiyaE315 wrote:Dude, he's only being reasonable. His concerns with this particular kickstarter and kickstarter projects in general are totally valid. He's a journalist, not some mindless fanboy who blends out everything negative or concerning. No need to be so rude.

I'm sorry that you actually believe that.
by ElephantStone
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Returning Characters?

I think Ren, Lan Di, Niao Sun, Xuiying and Ziming are practically guaranteed to make an appearance at some point.

The character I most want to see return is Guizhang. Just imagine Ryo, Ren and Ghuizang beating the fuck out of dozens of Chi You Men goons in some little rural chinese village. I am really hoping for a 70-man-battle 2.0 with those 3.
by ElephantStone
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III is KS project of the day

They have? Other than updating the tiers to what people asked for and sending emails to people who have already pledged, what proactive engagement have they done with mainstream media and social media to push the KS?

Well that's a fair point, and I am not about to defend Awesome Japan on that front, because I agree with you, they've been shite there. But the kickstarter was announced at E3, and has been front page news on many gaming websites for the past couple weeks now, so I'd say the vast majority of the 1M+ people that bought Shenmue on the Dreamcast know that it exists. Only 51K~ of which have pledged. I would argue that Shenmue fans unwillingness to back the game they've been saying they want for 14 years are far more to blame for the kickstarter's stalling than Awesome Japan at this point.

I think there are plenty of Shenmue fans out there that are happy to see the game funded by the diehard fans, and don't give a fuck about actually putting in their share. Just waiting for release to pick it up.
by ElephantStone
Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

Yeah... if they could stop adding rewards that have exclusive in-game items for over a thousand fucking dollars... that'd be great.

by ElephantStone
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #32 - Capsule Blowout and more!

Out of curiosity, ElephantStone, how was the $800 pledge devalued? I'm genuinely curious and not trying to argue/question your decision to reduce your pledge to $60 from $800.

When they add a bunch of random rewards that amount to 250+ people having personal items/notes/pictures in the game, every one they add massively dilutes those rewards to the point where it's a bit of a slap in the face, especially when the higher tiers don't even include the previous ones, as is standard with 99.9% of kickstarters.

I love Shenmue, and I want Shenmue III to do well and I'll be pledging $60 for a copy of the game to do my part and hope I can turn off all the kickstarter content, as I think it's beyond a joke now and worry that Shenmue III is going to become a parody of its kickstarter.
by ElephantStone
Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic