Search found 58 matches

Return

Re: New Reward Tier Added

That hurt

from 700 to 3000 I can't give anymore, this is already a big stretch for me.
by shredingskin
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Peter, they have had 14 years to prepare for Shenmue III and this game is nowhere on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms. It is coasting on good will of Shenmue fans.

This isn't a "bandwagon of negativity". This is being realistic. The game has been funded, but at the current trajectory, the game may bomb. Emphasis on may. They are doing an awful job here, and your "only positive thoughts" schtick isn't helping. It is not only unrealistic, it comes across as highly naive and boyish.

Let's be honest here, Peter. They are having an AMA on Reddit when most people are busy doing things or are asleep, and you're completely fine with it. They could offer poop in a box as a Tier Reward and you would be fine with it.

There's a difference between "negativity" and objectivity. Any and all criticisms thrown towards this Kickstarter campaign in this thread are all objective and factual.
by Himuro
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 million

Guys, guys, you're both beautiful. Seriously though, both of you take a time out and cool off. No need for the insults.
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Right now they need to just go full at everything. Reveal the extra stretch goals past 5 mil, add the extra perk tiers, re-do the kick-starter page so that's it's more informative, add Paypal support or whatever is missing like that...so it's all ready now and not towards the end. Use Yu saying that 10 mil is what would create the full experience, and make it obvious on the Kick-starter page that that is potentially the final stretch goal. People that then stumble upon the page, instead of thinking, oh it's already smashed 2 mil, i'll wait till the game is released, might reconsider and help the current effort, if it does seriously have such a detrimental impact on the final product.
by James Brown
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Bumped my pledge from $310 to $510. (don't tell my wife)
by mjq jazz bar
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sorry mate, I was being a knob. I totally agree, I think announcing it at E3 was fantastic, and I'm delighted that Sony will be covering the marketing of Shenmue III.

However, the current Kickstarter campaign being run by Awesome Japan is shit . Off the top of my head, I can think of a few ways to immediately improve it massively:

1) Mark all current videos and images of Shenmue III clearly with "concept art/images" a la Bloodstained did.

2) Immediately tidy up the main Kickstarter page: clearly show the stretch goals at the top of the page, have relevant links to Shenmue history for new people to see what all the fuss is about, link the update videos on the main Kickstarter page so they're there for all to see clearly - I've been following the campaign religiously since the announcement, and I've only just stumbled upon the Shenmue III theme that was released a couple days ago by watching AdamKoralik's video. People are missing this stuff because the campaign is so badly laid out.

3) Put a huge, huge fucking header clearly stating that $10M is required to make the full Shenmue III that Yu Suzuki has envisioned. Make that abundantly clear to absolutely everyone, right away.

This is not to mention some of the cooler things like maybe ripping off the Bloodstained campaign even further, and adding "social media achievements" to it, unlocking new stretch goals for a certain amount of tweets, likes, views or whatever.

I appreciate the apology, thanks. Like I said, I'm not here to argue with anyone, so I apologise if my initial comments came across as confrontational. I should have worded it differently.

I can't say I disagree with any of that either. Those are some good ideas. Hopefully, we start to see some of those being implemented in the next few days. We definitely need to see this game reach as close to $10M as it can. If it doesn't, they better allow donations after the Kickstarter ends.
by Reprise
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Does The Gang Edition know about this recent news?

shengoro86 wrote:
MiTT3NZ wrote: Thank fuck for that.

Everything I ever see you write is negative dude. I actually would love to see one. It doesnt hurt anyone or anything.

Personally, I reckon the lack of a new one is a positive thing. It's all about perspective.
by MiTT3NZ
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: youtubers

yess first one it worked

phpBB [video]
by scroeffie
Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #12 - Vote for your favourite charact

Yeah, but I'd rather not play through the game n suddenly find someone like Peter just chillin on a bench somewhere. That'd be the time I put the controller down n sink another six months of my life into Football Manager.

I'd make sure my in game character was wearing a Man United shirt just to really fuck you off.

A plastic non-Manc fan wearing a munich shirt outside of Manchester? Suddenly the game's become more realistic.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There's No Reason For Negativity

We can still voice our opinions though, be they negative, positive or neutral. Some people have legitimate concerns over Awesome Japan's credentials and ability to handle such a huge campaign. Then there's the fact that YSNet essentially need $10mil for us to get Shenmue III "proper".

I've never understood this need that people have - Shenmue fans in particular - to silence anything even slightly negative. It's almost like that dystopian society cliché where the big bad evil corporations lock up anyone who doesn't sing along to "Everything is Awesome". Comply or die n all that.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

Nah, ain't avin that. Waited half my life. A conclusion to the story's never been high on my list. I just want another, better, Shenmue game. Suzuki's already said that two mil's the minimum and it's just to complete the story. Fair enough, that may be good enough for peeps who were willing to settle for a novel or manga or summat, but it never has been for me.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We're only at that figure because it's been poorly handled. I feel that Suzuki's played his hand far too early, and it all comes across as a rush job. Also, I say about being willing to wait a few more years for the game to ensure it's of a high quality, yet that makes me impatient? Sound logic there pal!
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The lack of promotion off the team doing the Kickstarter is really underwhelming...where are the social media pages, the new reasons to up pledges on Kickstarter (more tiers), better introduction to the series for people who aren't already fans (it's pretty much just geared towards the established fanbase; which seems smaller nowadays than it used to be), lack of Kickstarter stretches [where are the stretches for things like the arcade games, voice acting, martial arts training returning from S1, returning development team members that Suzuki briefly talked about etc]. Suzuki should reach out to his industry friends to gain more interest. Surely he has friends in game development that would do a 30 second snippet explaining why people should pledge (ex SEGA developers, SWERY, friends at other development studios, whoever, just get more interest anyway they can). Suzuki is influential to a lot of game developers.

Relying on the fans to do all of the work for them is kind of annoying. We have day jobs, they're the ones getting paid to do these sorts of things.
by Henry Spencer
Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm going to agree with whoever said you are more interested in finding something to bitch about. Negativity isn't necessarily unwarranted, but be constructive about it.

Alright then, if you want me to assume the mantle of Captain Obvious...

- YSNet should've spent more time on creating a short demo, not just Shenhua's poor attempt at a Blue Steel and jumping over a stream. Also, setting it in the cave would've been a bit more poignant. Give non-Shenmue fans a reason to pledge their hard-earned money, don't just expect them to.

- To build on the previous point, the Kickstarter has done as well as it has solely based on the fact that it's Shenmue III. Finally. If Half-Life 3 or Timesplitters 3 also had to take to the site, then they also would've had non-fans donate money. It's an event, a milestone in gaming.

- Shenmue III was a big announcement, and it reached almost everyone who's into video games enough to know what E3 is. Awesome Japan should've realised this, and made plans to maintain momentum. The third will obviously lead to a temporary spike, and historical data points to the probability that it'll also see a big increase in the last few days, but they seem to be overly reliant on this.

- One of the ways they could've done this was through a meta game. Don't expect fans to do the work for you. They should've approached it in a way that sees the fans constantly struggling to decide how much more they should pledge by adding a new tier or two every three to five days. Now, that may be the case of course, but their focus really needs to be on none-fans.

- It's great that they're trying to engage with the fans through polls, the Reddit AMA, etc., but why the hell are they not hammering out interviews with large media sites left, right and centre? They're already guaranteed our money, stop using us as a damn crutch, get out there and do some bleedin work!

- I understand Suzuki setting the initial total at $2m. It's great that he said "no, I want them to have Shenmue III even if it's just a short game", but this should've been made clear from the very beginning. You had the stage at E3 ffs. Sony's stage. You had the biggest audience of next gen console gamers right in front of you. You should've bleedin said something!

- The transparency issue. Almost everyone who knows of Shenmue knows about the whole fiasco behind the budget. This should've been addressed in the Kickstarter video. "We were given a huge budget to develop this game, as we had to create technology that didn't exist, we made it extremely detailed, individual footstep sounds, 3D scanners, meteorological data, it was split into two games, shit was more expensive back then, etc." Drive that point home, compare to how things have changed. Explain that Sony has advertising handled, so 100% of the Kickstarter funds make up the entirety of the game's actual production budget.

- Simplified stretch goals. Why give the subtitles individual tiers? Just say "$3.5m gets all this", "$5m gets all that". The big leaps looks better value for money because of the sheer amount of content packed into each one.

- Replica jackets and mirrors should've definitely been in there from the start. Oh, you want both a Dragon and a Phoenix Mirror? Here's a new reward tier for that!

- For all the years Suzuki has had to design this game in his spare time (which apparently he has), he seems awfully unsure about a lot of things. This says to me that it's still in pre-production. He should've come into this with a very clear view on what he wants to include, and more importantly, how to implement it. Any other bells and whistles can be voted on by the backers, sure, but the core elements of the game? C'mon san.

- Shenmue is an Eastern franchise. It's very Japanese. Whatever. That doesn't mean that you market it to a Western audience via an Eastern-based promotional company. The decision to do this is a massive oversight and terribly naïve.

- Little to no presence. They appear on Kickstarter's most popular. Yu Suzuki and Shenmue III are on Twitter. The game has a website. These are all the places they're expected to be, and that's good, but why the hell haven't they branched out? Okay, sure, this one's a little tricky, but there should have been agreements made with both Sony and SEGA to throw in a little bit more of an extra presence. Facebook ads, banner ads, cross-promotion, etc. Right now it seems like only the fans, Corsi and Boyes are the only ones who give a shit.

- The blatant potential of bad publicity... that was fulfilled. How the hell did they not see any of this coming? Kickstarter as a platform's been under a lot of scrutiny since before the campaign was launched. Why was nothing done to subvert this? Where were the contingency plans? The PR team's fucking useless.

- Not sure if this one's true, but did Suzuki just do one after the first day? This is E3 pal. Drop the mic, sure, but don't just fuck off straight away.

- Less of the corporate responses. Every reply to fan questions so far say nothing. Either answer properly or don't fucking answer at all.

There's plenty more, but I need to eat. The concerns that everyone has are justified. Just because they don't go into great detail (none of which is needed btw, as I say, it's all pretty blatant and self-explanatory) doesn't make them irrelevant or "negative for the sake of being negative."

To counter-balance that though, here are the positives:

- We're getting Shenmue III.
- Sony's handling advertising expenses.
- The leather jackets.
- Yu Suzuki's handling it.
- SEGA are allowing it to happen.

Do I need to explain any of that? Or is it automatically accepted on account of it being the "positives"?
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III Reaction and Information videos

I've never been someone who was very active on forums, or twitter, and have never pledged money to a kickstarter; but Shenmue III has changed all of that, and I'm trying to do everything I can to support Shenmue III and all those involved. I've been trying to spread the word and get people's Shenmue videos as much exposure as possible (big channels, and small channels). I'll try and link some of my favorite ones in the forum after I get back from my long weekend. Here's my series of 3 to start:
Part 1 (My reaction to Shenmue III as a gamer, and what it means to the industry)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6YrL9mR4Io

Part 2 (what Shenmue means to me beyond just being a gamer)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBggQbNTmms

Part 3 (my thoughts on the kickstarter itself)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDihfW-n5_s
by stefanhomberger
Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #15 - The Plan & Stretch Goals reveal

There's no fighting at all. Happiness and optimism only! :D
by Peter
Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Relax guys. This explains everything.
by elmatto
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Guys, I've been working feverishly today to get this site up. It's collaboration between me and my wife. She does the design, I do the coding. I think we make a good team. So, as you tweet and share about $30 on the 3rd please direct people to this website that will explain the campaign to people who may not understand:

http://www.30onthe3rd.com/
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Peter wrote: You guys know he has an account here

Perma-ban
by JaySw34
Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Rough transcript of the interview on Twitch

I prefer that he's upfront about it, otherwise the backlash might be huge for some people. Some people would be pissed if he wasn't. It makes it more exciting for me, since it means 3 won't feel like a rush to the finish. We all like Shenmue because it takes its time, right?
by Henry Spencer
Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

I'm going through a complete disbelief phase right now, which will pass, but right now, I feel disgusted at the Kickstarter being ran by this "Awesome Japan", that they are handling the KS page and also looking after the rewards etc.

Right now, it's honestly put me off pledging anything.
by Peter
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

Of course anyone who knows me and has seen some of my comments knows I am going to donate, but how things stand right now, it's all just a question of how much I will be donating, which is out of my hands right now.

The point I am making is this Twitch stream was an opportunity to promote Shenmue, it's Kickstarter, and also entice people who may not be as huge a Shenmue fan as we are, to consider contributing. However thanks to the schoolboy amaturish nature of last night's broadcast, I can't help feel there will be people who will have switched off and lost interest in the project. Or just laughed at how unprofessional it was and will decide not to back.

Either way, the broadcast will have done more bad than good I feel.

In fact... For a long time I've been tempted to do a video like James Reiner does, as well as a few other people from the community do in terms of just talking about their thoughts etc. And I am tempted to do my first ever video on my thoughts of Shenmue 3, and the Kickstarter campaign up to this point. Will see what happens.
by Peter
Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Get Shibuya Productions to manage/absorb KS?

I've bitten down on my criticism of this Twitch stream thus far, as negativity and losing of focus are not the things you really want in the middle of a campaign. But suffice to say, the communications and Kickstarter management through Awesome Japan, from things like the delay and confusion on the Reddit posting and timing and right the way through to this stream have been completely lackluster. YS Net themselves are a Japanese team, presumably working hard right now on development, who need a bridge between themselves and the global community. That bridge, when you're talking about millions of dollars and thousands of backers, needs to be airtight. It seems like Awesome Japan are comprised of about three people and one, now infamous, native speaker. The Kickstarter page has about 21,000 comments, largely in English. They couldn't even get through any follow up questions on the stream and cut it short.

But I don't think now is the time for a postmortem of what went wrong. We need momentum and to move forward. Hiring a new PR team at this stage is out of the question, if not for the matter of fees alone.

I've noticed that Cedric Biscay, as co-producer, has been pretty solid and professional in following up when asked. He insisted on direct answers and clarity to the fans. As soon as someone said to him, move the stretch goals to the top of the page, it happened almost immediately. They seem to on point and they've just got their Japanese office. Biscay is the CO-PRODUCER of the game. I think they need to absorb AJ's operation into their own and co-ordinate it themselves, or at least TAKE CHARGE of it. It's the most economical option I can think of.

Biscay on Twitter: https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay

Shibuya Productions: https://twitter.com/ShibuyaProd
by NeoShredder
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

Awesome Japan have done a truly terrible job.

Firstly the campaign started at too low of a goal. If it had been, say, a 5m target, then we would have 5m+ raised right now. As soon as it hit 2m on the second day, all the urgency was gone. All the publicity was gone. The target had been reached and Shenmue III will be a reality. Yet a week later we find out that 10m is the real goal to aim towards, but who really cares other than us guys? Shenmue III is funded and the story is done and dusted for all the major press...

I'm not going to go into detail about all of the problems with the actual Kickstarter. We all know the video, poor rewards, lack of communication, lack of promotion, lack of description, lack of clarity regarding Sony's involvement etc. have held the project back massively. I actually had a decent level of optimism when I saw that they were doing a Reddit AMA and later a Twitch stream. 'Hey, they're actually promoting via relevant avenues!' I thought. But the AMA got off to a false start and the Twitch 'interview'...oh God...

And then when you realize that these guys, who are managing one of the biggest Kickstarters we're ever going to see, are taking the weekends off... Well all optimism has gone for the KS to reach a target we want. It is quite alarming how naive and incompetent they have been.

When we're sitting down to play Shenmue III and notice all those stretch goals we missed out on, all we'll be thinking is: "fuck you Awesome Japan."
by Mocha Joe
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The question is "What in the world happened with the KS today?", and the answer seems to be "The team running the KS campaign is entirely inept, so donations are grinding to a halt". I would say it's rather on topic.
by mrandyk
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

19 days to go. It's still the moment to fire them. I wish.
by Yokosuka
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I really never considered leaving, but I found South Carmain's rebuttal just as immature - if not more - than my own outburst. I have no idea what his problem is.
Well since you don't give a fuck about this game anymore and I can't remember you posting here when the game was dead I assumed you would be leaving now.

I didn't say i don't care about the game. Also, I can easily still contribute and see where it goes without getting emotionally invested and waiting for disappointment. This doesn't mean I don't "give a fuck" about the game anymore at all, and you can fuck off, personally.
Contribute as in complain people were calling you negative after spending an entire thread telling someone to not be negative?

Anyway in your own words: "this game is fucked" so there's not much point in you hanging around just so you can try and tell people "I told you so". That jab at peter was pretty unwarranted too considering you took a lucky guess and all he was saying was that you're no expert so shouldn't speak with so much certainty on the subject.

I have been streaming Shenmue on the Dojo twitch daily to try to raise awareness to interest new players.

I have posted numerous news, articles, and opinions on III and Shenmue.

I have not seen you do a single thing except ride my tits.
by Himuro
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch streaming Let's Play promotion threa

Has nothing to do with that. It's pretty clear that I'm not really a good fit for the Dojo or the general Shenmue community. I'll keep writing about and contributing towards it in my own venues and my own ways. I'm going to try to get a big piece done for The GIA soon. You can see me stream on my own account at http://www.twitch.tv/the_electric_lady

It was nice.
by Himuro
Sun Jun 28, 2015 2:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

good news - KS worked. were getting shenmue 3 no matter what.

bad news - shenmue 3 is going to be a mobile phone game.

:-"
by redline
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I wouldn't call it a "huge success". "Sufficient" at best, imo. Sure, it's broken records, but that is due to the game's notoriety and Sony's limited involvement. Everything else has been a failure on many levels. Personally, I find the facts of this whole affair very discouraging, and the only positive we have is "Well at least Shenmue III's being made."

I know a lot of you would've taken absolutely anything , but I don't fall into that category, and the whole "It's this or nothing" bollocks doesn't fly with me.

Main problem I have though is the utter lack of common sense and insight shown by a lot of people involved - both inside and out.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we need to look at this while noting that Shenmue's scope and targets are different from the other KS projects.
For example, for a 2D Platformer like Bloodstained, $5.5M is a huge success.

But for Shenmue which is an intricate open world franchise, having just $4M is not something special... Especially when considering the fact that Suzuki said he needs $10M to make the Shenmue 3 he wants to make, and the one people wanted to have.
by Rikitatsu
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If paypal is added post kickstarter then the fan community can run its own campaign to cover any shortfall (i'm optimistic, but 10 mill is a big ask). this new campaign could coincide with the tweetathon every month and we could create a 'fund-o'-meter' telling us exactly how much is required to reach the 10 million. it might take a year or more - who knows - but its definitely possible for fans to generate the funds required to make the game what it deserves to be.
by johnvivant
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenhua face!

My only worries for the character models is if they make the characters look less Asian in the final release, or more cartoony/anime. I could probably take more anime, but if they make Ryo and Shenhua look white.... [-X Ideally, I really them to look like more realistic versions of their DC counterparts, which I know is expecting a lot. :sad: But in Yu I trust!
by Himuro
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your picks for the Dojo's #YouaskYu question

How much development was actually done on the Dreamcast version of Shenmue III? Will we ever see some more of it?
by Yama
Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Yu Suzuki Game Outside of Shenmue?

Virtua Fighter 3TB. I know it's different from the original in some way, but who cares? Personally I ain't a big fan of his arcade games. Those days, for me, were all about Sonic games, football games, and PC games.
by MiTT3NZ
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favourite Yu Suzuki Game Outside of Shenmue?

ElephantStone wrote: Virtua Fighter 3TB, hands down.

phpBB [video]

:lol:
by Wude-Tang Clan
Wed Jul 01, 2015 4:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

http://i.imgur.com/PZDaNhg.jpg

Hey everyone, my brother and I decided to contribute $20,000 for the making of Shenmue III. We spent many hours thinking about whether this is a good or bad decision. We spent $10,000 in 2012 to get our school off the ground and that went a long way. Because of our initial $10,000 pledge, the school received an amazing amount of attention in China, social media and gaming websites. I'll reiterate, We are not wealthy! This was a hard decision. We could have given $20,000 directly to building the school and it's programs but we feel that this pledge will lead to more exposure and support than what we could do through other mediums.

For those who don't know our school yet. We are called The "V.E.T. Program" (Volunteer English Teacher). You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts&ref=br_tf We teach children and young adults English to help in their educational and career pursuits. Many of these kids come from small villages in the Guilin area and may not have an opportunity to learn elsewhere. You can go to the "about" section on the Facebook page to learn more.

We really need help in reaching our goals. We would love for you to like us on Facebook. We will eventually look outside ourselves and setup a way for donations to be made but we didn't want to distract from the Kick Starter or be overbearing donation hunters.

We decided to make the second $10,000 pledge a character in the game. We don't want to be a character attacking Ryo though. We are going to try and ask Yu Suzuki to let us have one of our Volunteer Chinese teaching assistants be a character in one of the villages. They deserve to be recognized for their hard work. They are volunteers and many of them come from poor rice farms.

We are also hoping that since we will be listed in the credits as a special sponsor that it can have our school with a logo and a website rather than our names.

I don't think any of this would be asking too much. I think it would help get attention to the school. We would love any assistance in helping us achieve this. We also would love to have Yu Suzuki come to the school some day but we won't don't want to be greedy.

Please, help our little school!
http://i.imgur.com/GS7Iwrq.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Road to #1 Most Successful Kickstarter Game

They need to add some stretch goals between $5.1m and $6m. That's too wide of a gap to not have one.
by Ziming
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Returning Characters?

Just imagine Ryo, Ren and Ghuizang beating the fuck out of dozens of Chi You Men goons in some little rural chinese village..

this is pretty much my fantasy too... I hope it happens. those three all teamed up for a huge fight would be epic. I bet Gui Zhang and Ren are constantly annoying each other with Ryo in the middle.. lol
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

One has to be delusional to think Shenmue III KS results are somehow "disappointing".

Its a 14 years old abandoned niche IP, making his way to be the most funded KS game ever versus giants like Castlevania and Megaman.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Sympathize with Shenmue Fans - A Kotaku Article

You should copy and paste the article contents because I'm not going to click that shit.
by Himuro
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You gotta be kidding me if you think I'm going to click that. Kotaku should be put out of business.
by Phong
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They left a freelance in charge of their site who created a negative clickbait article that tried to discredit the Shenmue Kickstarter. That's just sheer incompetence. And then they take the reins back and offer "sympathy" to Shenmue fans? Fuck sympathy, how about support?
by Henry Spencer
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric tweeted about the School in Guilin!

Looks like the story is starting to gain some momentum! I'm glad this caught his attention.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 9781383168
by Ceej
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic