Search found 396 matches

Return

Re: Booking Time Off Work To Play Shenmue HD?

I'm pretty sure I won't have that luxury.

1. I work as a 911 dispatcher and have for the last 10 years.
2. Over the last decade I've learned to hate humanity and often leave work disgusted to be human.
3. Due to the above, I recently finished my bachelor's degree in computers with high honors.
4. No employer gives a shit.

Thus, for the foreseeable future, I'm working my 911 job, doing contract IT work on the side, and working on various certifications to bolster my resume so that I can relearn to enjoy being human again via changing careers and have an improved outlook on humanity in general.

I'm lucky to get 6 hours game time a week.
*thinks about calling Telekill for help*
"No, I'll avenge my father's murder on my own."
by staplepuffs27
Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Famitsu Article

Famitsu have a two page article on the game. I know we have a few people who like to translate this stuff and there may be some new info included.

https://s.famitsu.com/news/201804/17155759.html
by Riku Rose
Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD's effect on the price of the originals

Jibby wrote:
RunningBear wrote:Don't people realize that their going to die someday? Are you going to take the collectibles with you in the afterlife? Lol......

You're right, I better get rid of every non-essential thing I enjoy. After all, I'm just going to die one day ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Why even live? you're just going to die anyway.
by south carmain
Sat May 19, 2018 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue and Streets of Rage soundtracks coming to Vinyl

Just a shout out to those who missed getting a copy of the Shenmue vinyl soundtrack, Data Discs is restocking it this summer.

by sand4fish
Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Adam Koralik explains the re-releases (4:3, audio etc)

This story has a point at the end, but is still an opinion I suppose.

Yesterday, I went to help my mother run some errands at home. She is getting older and struggling in the wake of
my father's death last year, as he took care of everything while they were married.

She wanted to buy something for the grandchildren; she rarely ever sees them due to distance so we walked around Target. They happened to have a lone NES Classic in the case, which she thought the kids would love as I had one at their current age(5 and 3.5). So she got it as their gift..

The system runs in 16:9 before you choose a game and then switches to the 4:3 mode with black borders when you select one and begin to play on a widescreen HDTV...

You know what? It didnt jar me, nor did it take away from the experience for me or my son(young daughter just wanted to watch it).

I doubt Shenmue HDs transition will really bother me. I say this because I was one of the naysayers and even though it still elicits a twinge of disappointment, I'm more ok with it now.

As an aside, I walked into my father's "music room", as he was a massive audiophile and sauntered around a bit reminiscing. Next to the altar which houses his medical license, etc was a stack of CDs he often listened to on his large speakers. On the top was Shenmue Orchestra and Shenmue Chapter 1.

He always snuck my CDs as a kid, as he loved classical or instrumental. Fitting that would be there.
by Valascaziel
Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic