Search found 9 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Everyone needs to relax. Shenmue's story has been completed and done for nearly 20-years, and knowing Yu Suzuki there is no freakin way he would be like, "oh yeah, lets just cut chapters 8, 9, 11, and 13 because hey, the kickstarted only earned 6mil." This man had enough integrity and cared enough about this series to hold onto the desire to finish it for this long, and I know he is doing this way more for the fans than because he thinks he's be able to buy a house in Beverly Hills after this. The whole story, as it was intended will be present in Shenmue 3, I guarantee it.

The stretch goals involving the different locals explicitly say "extended" followed by the feature. This tells me that the current budget does not afford enough resources to add these things, but if we reach those goals they will be able to add them. It does not mean that Biasha Village will not be there if we don't reach 4mil. I am 98% certain it is the same for the other two areas that were shown in the Kickstarter video. Essentially this game will have everything we need to get the full story and experience it as we did in the previous two titles. Funding these stretch goals ensures that there will be even more content in each main area, which is definitely worth reaching these goals imo.
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Have pledged $530 since the campaign started, and will likely be donating as much as $1000 before the campaign is over.
by bikingjehuty
Sun Jun 21, 2015 4:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10,000,000

Sadly this campaign has experienced a lot of hurdles since it launched which cumulatively have probably resulted in at least a 25% decrease in potential backers. These include very poor management of the KS page, tons of misinformation about funding, and the fact that still a lot of people aren't aware Shenmue 3 was even announced. Ys Net is really going to have to step up their game if we are to reach 10-million by the end of the Kickstarter, which is still possible depending on what they decide to do from here on out.

One thing that a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that KS campaigns like this generate a huge portion of their overall funding in the last 48-hours of the campaign, sometimes as much as 30%. If we can get up to 5-million by the second to last day, I can see us ending the KS around 7-million, which presumably will be enough to get a lot of extra features crammed into the game.

I sincerely hope that Yu sets up paypal for donations after the campaign as well because I definitely would contribute monthly to it.
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

We've seriously been begging for Shenmue 3 for 14-years and now that we are finally getting the game for sure at this point, I cannot believe that people are seriously complaining!

I am not even talking about the management of the KS page or the campaign in general, but people being like "oh, yeah I want Shenmue 3, but won't support it unless they announce a physical PS4 version." Or, "this game will suck if we don't reach 10-million!"

I have way more faith in Suzuki San than to think he'd only ask for 2-million just so he could give us a crap game just to finally shut us up. Apparently some people in the community think this is what he is doing :roll:

I know this is a fraction of the overall community, but it just blows my mind that some people are really complaining at this point. We are getting the game! Be happy! God damn! ](*,)
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

I guess my question for all the people saying that the complaining about Shenmue 3 is justified is, do you actually think Yu would have ever agreed or wanted to make this game in any way if he knew the resources available to him could only result in a mediocre or shit game?

I am 100% certain that the answer is no, but maybe others will disagree with me. Yu seems just as passionate about this series as we are as fans, and when he came up with the 2-million minimum funding I'm sure he knew he could make a game all of us fans would love, even with such a relatively small amount. I want to see more in the game, as do all of you, and so does Suzuki San, but even given the current amount of funding I'm sure we'll get a great game.
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How much will you sacrifice to get Shenmue 3 to $10,000,000

Shenmue 3 could not have been announced at a worse time for me seeing how I just built a $1500 gaming PC back in May, I have 4 cavities that need to be filled, I need new glasses soon, and I have a $200 tech certification exam to pay for next week. However in order to fund the $550 dollar pledge I've already made and the additional $500 to $1000 I will drop on this KS before it ends, I have had to result to doing something I told myself I'd only do in case of an emergency; sell part of my video game collection off.

In order to cover my current pledge I don't have to sell off too much, mostly just a few CIB consoles I have and I complete Steel Battalion on XBOX. However to get an additional $500 I am going to have to start selling games off and sadly the first to go will be NES and SNES games because of how valuable a lot of them are. It pains me to do this, but it will pain me more if I let the KS go by without doing all that I can to help the project become Yu Suzuki's ultimate vision of what he wants Shenmue 3 to be.

So what sacrifices have you made or will you make in order to help fund Shenmue and get it to it's $10,000,000 goal?
by bikingjehuty
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

Xandui wrote: Holy crap, they actually moved the stretch goals to the top of the kickstarter page. 11 million here we come!

HAHA I am almost more excited about this than the actual stretch goals themselves :p
by bikingjehuty
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Awesome Japan

YS Net, please fire these clowns and hire a team that can still create enough hype to make this KS campaign as successful as it should be.
This. Literally anyone will do. Just grab someone off the streets.

Suzuki retweets fan stuff sometimes, so he must read his mentions occasionally, is it worth contacting him over this?

While Awesome Japan needs to be replaced, I fear with just under 3-weeks left in the campaign firing them and having another company come in and pick up the pieces might be more disastrous, however if things continue the way they have we might not have anything to lose. Hopefully new, non-limited finding tiers will go up this weekend and they will start putting in the same effort as the fans to get this KS campaign marketed and out there.

But yes, I think you should contact Ys Net and voice your opinion on this matter. I'm sure they are already aware of the fan's dissatisfaction with the campaign, but it wouldn't hurt.
by bikingjehuty
Sat Jun 27, 2015 1:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What pace will you play through Shenmue III?

I will likely play it ravenously, probably beating it in a day or two depending on its length. I've been waiting for this game so long that I can't see it being any other way :)
by bikingjehuty
Sun Jun 21, 2015 9:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic