Search found 60 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

From what I've heard, shorter kickstarters create a sense of pressure on the buyers because it gives them a sense of urgency, making them feel like they have to donate asap.
That said, they certainly should have made an announcement that the kickstarter was coming, before they actually started it. Something like "we're gonna have a kickstarter for Shenmue 3 next month" would have given people more time to prepare, maybe put some money aside to make bigger donations... I still haven't donated yet, but I doubt I'll be able to afford more than the 175$ reward. But if I had known in advance, I would certainly have saved up 500$ or more for it.

Damn the lack of physical PS4 Kickstarter reward to hell! Lmfao. It has become the bane of my existence
Same here man... I never, EVER buy digital, and never will. Shenmue is pretty much the only thing that could have made me do that.
by Three Blades
Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 20minutes.fr: SEGA willfully obstructive for years

Sega has been nothing but a shameful pile of shit since 2003. This is just the cherry on the shit sundae.
by Three Blades
Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legit concerns you have for Shenmue 3

The Chinese music did make it feel like you were in a foreign place though, just like Ryo would have felt. Out of his comfort zone and away from home.
I can't decide which I like more. They're both cool.
by Three Blades
Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What modern gaming features would you like to see in S3?

I, too, liked the loading screens (even though I diskike the actual loading). But I think there's a way to keep those screens even if we get rid of the loading.

Maybe you could have the info screen show up as usual (with the date and such), but instead of being pure black with white letters, they could be a kind of transparent black, so that you could see the game (and control Ryo), while still being able to see the "loading screen" at the same time.

That way, you could have the screen to show up when entering an area, but you'd be able to be continue playing at the same time. Then after a few seconds the info screen would just fade away and you can continue playing as normal.

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this well enough for you guys to understand what I mean.
by Three Blades
Fri Jun 19, 2015 5:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About the character design

I really hope so, as well, and I'm surprised they didn't just use those models for the trailer. Why make a whole new one from scratch if it looks vastly inferior? Even in the Sega Racing game, I was surprised that they had a Ryo that looks exactly like the orginal Ryo, only more detailed.

I'm not talking about the graphics, either- people always say, "don't worry, the graphics will get better because everything is really early"...Really, nobody is talking about the graphic quality. The graphics are fine! The problem is that the character's faces look like completely different people.

I don't care if it has Dreamcast graphics, PS3 graphics, PS4 graphics! But I DO care that the characters look the way they're supposed to! I don't want to continue the story if, the whole time, I'm feeling like I'm playing as different characters that happen to be cosplaying as Ryo and ShenHua.

People need to realize that character designs are important here, because it's one of the things that'll make you feel like you're really continuing the same story that you've been playing. What if, in the Star Wars movies, they had re-cast everybody in Episode 6 as different actors? In effect, it would still continue the story, and maybe still be good, but it wouldn't feel like you're watching a continuation of the same story.
All I'm saying is, characters need to look like they're supposed to.
by Three Blades
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fucking Wang...

When I saw the name of this thread, I thought "eww, no thanks".
by Three Blades
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fucking Wang...

I always thought it was really annoying how you have to do that part 3 times.
Didn't know you could skip it by staying near the other wall though. Definitely gonna try that next time I play. The problem is, you might not realize the scene is about to occur until it's too late. Then you've already walked right into it, and you're stuck having to go through it.
by Three Blades
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: About the character design

its probably quicker to start again from scratch than trying to re-use old assests.
Sure. But that's no excuse for the characters to look like different people. If they can't use the models as they are, they should still use them as reference to build the new model's faces and make them look exactly like the way they did before, only nicer looking (ie, better skin textures, more polygons and whatnot, but still the same facial features as before).
by Three Blades
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 - All stretch goals announced.....

You know, guys, I wouldnt give up on those features even if the KS only manages to make 4 or 5 millions. Remember, shenmue 3 wont be out for another 2 years at least. Surely, more funds will be coming in as time goes by. It's not only coming from the kickstarter. I'm sure that no matter what, we won't get a sub-par S3.
by Three Blades
Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you want changed for a Shenmue HD?

In what manner would the boat be implemented?

I think the reason they didn't have the boat chapter was because it would have been anti-climactic after the perfect ending we got in Shenmue 1. It ended at just the right place in the story.

And it also couldn't be at the beginning of Shenmue 2, because it would have felt like it was delaying the true beginning of the game. It would feel like those annoying tutorial levels that some games have, that you just try to get through as quickly as possible to get to the main game.

I think the best way to include it would be as an option in the menu at the beginning, but it only shows up after you've beaten the game/watched the ending/saved your game.
Kinda like in Resident Evil how they had new game modes after you beat the main game.
by Three Blades
Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why do you think Lan Di flew away?

I always thought that if Ryo had wanted Landi to come down and fight him on the roof, all he had to do was reach into his jacket, grab the phoenix mirror and raise it above his head for Landi to see.
Ryo would have gotten killed right then and there, though.
by Three Blades
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What would you want changed for a Shenmue HD?

You know the game was modded to both be undubed for 1, and dubbed for part 2 using the Xboxs speech files? So we actually do have a choice.

Oh, yeah, I know, but what I mean is that you have to go through hoops to play those, and it's more of a hassle than just buying them. Still a great effort from the fans though.
As for Shenmue 3, it's kinda moot for me since I already speak Japanese, so I'll probably just get the Japanese version. But I know that lots of fans who aren't fluent would love to have a subtitled option. 10 years ago I was one of those fans.
by Three Blades
Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 8-4 was going to work on the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter

Hah, what a cunt.
And Skyward Sword was shit.
by Three Blades
Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Think Shenmue 2x is better

Playing Shenmue in Japanese for the 1st time was like a veil being lifted from my eyes, and there is no way I will ever go back to that god-awful dub.

The Japanese version is a lot more immersive and realistic, in big part because of how the cultures of Yokosuka are represented. I love how all the foreigners talk with the accents of their home countries. This aspect was completely lost in the dub and a lot of the realism was lost. Also, saying that "Shenmue isn't realistic because it has magic" is kind of a stupid thing to bring up, because that has nothing to do with the type of realism that we're discussing in regards to the dub. It's like talking about oranges when we're discussing apples.

When it comes to Shenmue 2, of course, that realistic side isn't really present, since the game is in Japanese, but takes place in China. Still, if you think that the English dub is anywhere NEAR on the same level as the original, you are severely kidding yourself. (Ren sounds like a p*ssy and even Ryo sounds more bored than he did in S1).
I mean, there's nothing wrong with liking the dub, but I'm just being real here.
by Three Blades
Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Response from Joel "The Red Shirt Guy" Tess & Awesome Ja

I am so sick and tired of seeing people moan saying, 'Wah I'm not gonna pledge cos I wanted it on Xbox!'

Yeah, if Shenmue 3 isn't a good enough reason to buy a console, then I don't know what is. :???:
Hell, I'd buy a PS4 for this, even if this was the only game on it.
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FIX THE KICKSTARTER!!! Awesome Japan/Suzuki/Shibuya

He's right that they need to stop saying "I'm thinking about it". There's a lot of stuff you can stop thinking about and just fucking DO it. Setting up a paypal account isn't something you should be thinking about. They said last week they were "thinking" about that.
Well? Where is it? It takes minutes to sign up. Where's the account? You were thinking about it last week.
There's no excuse. Just DO it. Now!
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FIX THE KICKSTARTER!!! Awesome Japan/Suzuki/Shibuya

Maybe, but Paypal still would be better than no Paypal. There's only one way to find out how much better it would be, and that is to get it done. I mean, what's the point in saying "we don't know that it would bring in that much money anyways". It costs nothing to try, and it can be done by one person in minutes.
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

Shenmue 1 and 2, double feature PS4 disc release, with dual audio for each!
That's what I would like to see :D
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

Shenmue/Resident Evil crossover confirmed!
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Physical PS4 Copy Reward Added!!!

They should make the box to look like a Dreamcast box so it'll fit nicely next to our Shenmue 1 and 2 boxes :D
With a cardboard sleeve around it just like the special editions had on the Dreamcast!
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. SOMEONE GIVE GAF THESE LINKS

Well, alright. What I meant was that he deserves whatever comes out of this. I'm not the kind of guy to bother making accounts on websites just to argue with morons( I didn't even click on the article). All I'm saying is, if hundreds of people call him out and he ends up butthurt because of it, that's on him.
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

I've been a teacher in Japan for 7 years, and I saw your other post a couple of weeks ago. I would love to visit your school. It would be a great reason to visit Guilin too. I've always been interested in going to China, but I was always too intimidated because I don't know anybody there.
Anyway, I was gonna pm you, but I procrastinated and the half written draft has been sitting there for a while :D
I'll try to get around to it asap.
by Three Blades
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Maximizing kickstarter profit for S3 development

I may be wrong, but I think that when he said "we need the KS to make 10 millions", he's taking into account all the extra fees, probably. Although, if people want to donate without taking any rewards, that's great and I'm sure Ys is grateful. Personally, I just can't pass up on the book at T-Shirt :)
If one day I see somebody while out on the street, and we're both wearing the S3 T-Shirt, I will high-five the shit out of that person for sure!
by Three Blades
Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How likely is Shenmue HD?

I don't know if it's likely or not, but I think it's crucial to the success of Shenmue3 and the rest of the series in the long run. I know that Suzuki said people could enjoy S3 without having played 1 and 2, but come on. What else was he supposed to say? Let's get real, if we want new fans to enjoy 3, we need 1 and 2 on the same console as well.
by Three Blades
Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

Ah, yeah, I saw that, but I thought that meant after they get out of the cave? After going back to Shenhua's house, or on the road between her house and the actual village...
I wish he'd been more clear on that point.
by Three Blades
Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Played Shenmue 2 again. Lucky hit is still a life ruiner

Gambling indeed.
Another thing you can do is, right at the beginning of the game, you spend ALL your money on toys. Then when you get your bag back, you can re-sell all the toys that you just bought!

What makes it even funnier is that even though you had almost no money at all left, Wong says, "they spent the money gambling!!!" And Ryo is all pissed off, even though it was only like 2 bucks that they stole. LOL!

Even if you don't want to re-sell the toys, it's better to just buy as much stuff as you can at the beginning, rather than just let them steal your money and waste it on gambling. At least then you get a bunch of toys out of it.
by Three Blades
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concept Art Thread (15th July: Baisha Geyser and LED Sta

It says "Canada". That's Ryo and Nozomi on the phone.
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

There are people who act as if a sexy character with a rocking-hot body is a bad thing. THAT'S what's embarassing.

I'm a male, and I like sexy females. I like miniskirts and I like big bouncy titties. I'm unapologetic about this.
Females in videogames have idealized bodies (and so do males). This is not abad thing! I don't buy this regressive mentality that being sexy "reduces the characters". Nor does it "objectify" them.
WE ARE SEXUAL BEINGS! Stop treating it as if it's a dirty thing! It's normal for male gamers to enjoy looking at sexy female characters! Yes, I love DOA, it's fucking awesome.

When I see an idealized male, I think, "lol, I wish I was like that". It gives me something to aspire to, something I can work towards, even though I understand that it's unrealistic fiction. When feminists see an idealized female, they get jealous and throw a fit because they realize that they can't measure up.
Bitches won't be happy until every single one of us has been castrated and turned into a pussified beta wimp. Well, I for one, will not let that happen without a fight. Bring it on, you harpies.
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $315,407...

Damn, this really IS fucking epic!!!!!
by Three Blades
Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

Spending 5 hours just to fully master 1 move should of been illegal.

Writing "should of" instead of "should have" is what should be illegal.
by Three Blades
Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's ok, man. I was just playing games with you :D Plus, I'm drunk.
Friends?
by Three Blades
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, I'd love to be to be able to feed the carps in the little pond next to the house. Just throw food in there and watch them eat.
Completely pointless? yeah. Just one more detail to have fun with when passing the time or waiting for an appointment.
by Three Blades
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

After the cave cutscene, Ryo passes out, and wakes up in his bed, finding that his entire adventure had been a dream... or so it would seem. He gets up, walks to the kitchen and finds Iwao eating breakfast.
Before Ryo is able to gather his wits to think of something to say, the phone rings. He picks up, and hears Shen Hua's voice. She says "you weren't supposed to leave! You have to come back! YOU HAVE TO COME BACK!!! THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE DEPENDS ON YOU!!"
The scene cuts to an exterior view of the house, pans around to show the entrance of the residence, and we see a black car stopping just outside the gate.
Roll end credits.

^produced and directed by Three Blades
by Three Blades
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Re: PayPal: the magic answer for Shenmue 4 (and maybe 5)

I bet Shenmue 4 would be much less expensive to make than Shenmue 3, because they can re-use the same character model (or just change it a little bit like they did in S2) and a lot of the same animations (walking, running, the alread-existing moves, etc) will already have been motion-captured, so it won't be as time consuming as starting from scratch like they're doing now.

Anyway, I will gladly donate for Shenmue 4 and 5 when it's time to do so.
by Three Blades
Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

Objectification doesn't exist.
Ugly fat girls invented the term because they were butthurt that men weren't sexually attracted to them.
Rather than spending some time and effort to make their body into something decent, they decided instead that male sexuality (ie: having standards/being attracted to good-looking females) was something evil, shameful, and to be destroyed.
by Three Blades
Mon Jul 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What arcade games would you like to see in Shenmue 3?

Yeah, my point stands.
Just because there's a VF arcade game doesn't mean they have to go out of their way to explain why there are 3d games there- who cares? It's a mini game, it doesn't matter. It's exactly the same as Ryo possessing CDs in 87, and it's exactly the same as there being VF toy capsules (or Nights into Dreams, for that matter).
I'm not saying I want VF in there, I honestly don't care either way, and actually, I agree with the people who are saying that there shouldn't be any arcades in S3 due to the game's location.
But it's a bad argument to say that VF shouldn't be in the game BECAUSE they didn't have 3D games back then.
by Three Blades
Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue had INCREDIBLY good controls

Shenmue DOES have awesome controls, I never understood why people wanted analog stick control, running is done with the L-trigger and all you need to do is turn left and right. It's the easiest thing in the world.
Shenmue 2's controls are even tighter and a little bit better. It's awesome, and I hope that Shenmue 3 keeps the exact same control scheme.
by Three Blades
Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamespot : Is Shenmue a Good Game? - The Lobby

Even in my head I imagine it ending with me taking a swing at them. In fact, to be super honest, I'd be dissapointed if it ended any other way.

If that happens, I've got your back, and will jump into the fray happily!
by Three Blades
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why I Think Shenmue 2x is better

It sounded great when I couldn't understand them, and still sounds great 14 years later now that I can, though that's irrelevant. English Ren is a huge pussy, and I was referring to Shenmue 1 when I mentioned Fukusan, obviously since he isn't in 2.
by Three Blades
Wed Jul 01, 2015 6:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential Shenmue 3 Joke In Shenmue 2 :D

lol, I can't believe I never even realized how funny this was :D
What's sad is that some people probably did die waiting for Shenmue 3 :sad:

And yes... I'm sure many of us have had Shenmue dreams! I dreamed of Shenmue 2 after I beat the first, and of Shenmue 3 after I beat the 2nd. I'll never forget my Shenmue 3 dream, it had little houses in a village by a river, and some wooden bridges to connect to some of the houses that were built over the water. I was super bummed-out when I woke up from it!

When you can't stop thinking about it even when you sleep, it really goes to show how captivating and special the series is.
by Three Blades
Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: With Shenmue 3 coming out, we'll finally get to....

This may sound silly, but when I first played disc 4, I was actually hoping you'd be able to beat the sh*t out of some wolves with your martial arts moves (because one character tells you to beware of wolves). Heh...
by Three Blades
Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Anybody that "can't suffer through it" is just being pretentious. That is the only fact that is true when discussing the dubs.

Get off of your pathetic pedestal. Stop talking down to anybody that does not prefer and like whatever choices you prefer with regards to what dubbing you play a video game in. It's not that bad. :roll:

It is 100% okay that you like one more than the other, but not okay to attack it like Three Blades just did. I prefer the English dub, and I speak fluent English. An English dub is crucial for me. Get over it.

Oh god, stop being a butthurt little baby every time someone says something you don't agree with. The dub truly is horrendous and yes, it's ok to "attack" it because it sucks, is badly directed, and we have the right to say it. The only fact regarding the dub is that if you can't tell how bad it is, your head must be stuck 5 feet deep into a certain hole.

It doesn't mean that anyone is trying to take it away from you, so stop acting like a crack addict. We know for a fact that the dub is happening, so what's your problem?

Some of us just want a better option because, after playing Shenmue games with quality voice acting, we don't want to go back to one that has the level of an elementary school drama club presentation.

It's ok for you to like the dub, but some of us have standards. Get over it and don't be so butthurt.
by Three Blades
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amnesty International supports prostitution

Putting aside the issue of trafficking...
In a free country, humans should have the right to prostitute themselves if they want to. Anything less is fascist and unacceptable. If two consenting people are in a private place and doing things that they are both agreeing to do, then it isn't the law's business to tell them what they can and can't do, or whether they can exchange money for it.
by Three Blades
Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic