Search found 86 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue JP Rom?

Do you have a Shenmue save on the VMU? Saves between regions are incompatible and the game can refuse to start if there is another. If you don't have any, did you try to just press A when the message appears?
I know it's silly to asume you didn't but the game asks you if you want to create a save the first time around.
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 19, 2015 6:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you donated to help Shenmue 3. Please post here.

Just increased my pledge from $510 to $630. :heart:
by Sonoshee
Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A long time friend (and gaming friend) came round mine last night and we were talking about Shenmue and memories of it pretty much for the 2 hours he was round non stop.

He was fairly against backing the kickstarter for various reasons but after we spoke about it and I explained everything in detail he changed his mind. Hes going to back it on his pay day at the end of the month and even said he wants to donate £100 worth as he realises how much he wants Shenmue 3.

I just wish kickstarter was better explained for people like my mate
by spinksy
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Selling parts of my Dreamcast collection to raise money, including a spare PAL copy of Shenmue II I got as part of a bundle that I never touched (not selling any of my other Shenmue stuff, though, that's blasphemy!). Thanks to this Kickstarter Shenmue II has really gone up in price!
by Amir
Sun Jun 21, 2015 5:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

510 (for argentina shipment).

I'm hoping more tiers between 500 and 10000
by shredingskin
Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Pledged $300

It defies all financial wisdom given my personal circumstance, but ive told myself for years that if i ever had a chance to monetarily support Shenmue, i would push my comfort zone as much as possible.

But holy smokes this thing is well on it's way to $3 million. We need to keep nagging Sega about HD ports before 3 ships, hopefully now the smell of money will draw them out of inaction.
by Xandui
Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Wow has anyone seen this?

Lol I'd love to take it out in public and win people's money

*Edit*
...To donate to the Kickstarter of course
by JaySw34
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Cannot believe some of the people in this community. . .

anyone not supporting it doesn't deserve to play the final product. I mean, the ones that refuse to support. I can understand being skeptical (time, budget, team developing) and those are realistic concerns. But, if you have extra money to spare, lay off fast food for a week and help support it if you have some interest in the game.
by Jackie Fhan
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Dojo - Can we apply a kickstarter-themed header?

Perhaps we ought to have some sort of reference in both main site and board index. I would suggest adding to the headers some reference of the deadline and stressing the 10mil urgency, with a hyperlink to the kickstarter page , beneath or even replacing the home hyperlink. Credit to ash55 for the Shenmue III png file.

Maybe something resembling this

http://i.imgur.com/2YuV5dJ.png

Is it worth it? What should be taken off or added in?
by Nahovil
Mon Jun 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Creator Says Sony Won't See a Cent of Kickstarter - Game

Gamespot just tweeted the article out. Re-tweeting it like wild will help it reach more people and show up near top of twitter results.

https://twitter.com/gamespot/status/614015393322168322

EDIT: Article just retweeted by Shuhei Yoshida to his 181k followers. A good sign that this is the official word from Sony.
by Erevador
Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III on PC: Potential for Modding

I had made a post on this.

Im forming The ChiYouMen mod team.

I also have already converted almost all of the textures from S1 Disc 3 to a basic universal format that UDK will read.

Want to join the team?
by shengoro86
Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

My mom's going to pledge $30 on the 3rd

what a gal. :lol:
by Thief
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

*UPDATE*SEGA Nerdcast w/ Lisle Wilkerson, Corey Marshall...

https://scontent-ord1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11010997_10152955672747544_5478721976921364530_o.jpg

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you all a heads up (and perhaps a front page worthy post) of another podcast we're doing This Friday July 3rd at 9 pm. CT (7 pm PST). We will have a very special SEGA Nerdcast featuring Corey Marshall (Ryo Hazuki), Eric Kelso (Ren, Fuku-san, Guizhang), and Lisle Wilkerson (Xiuying, Joy, Yuan)!

Lisle also helped us get into contact with Paul Lucas, who has voiced Lan Di and Chai. Hope to see you guys there!

Just like last time, if you have any questions you'd like to ask any one of them, or a group question or whatnot, post them below and we'll try to ask them on the show!
by Yokosuka Martian
Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: IGN continues to Fumble Funding Facts

Yes do tweet at Justin Davis and anyone else in the IGN staff to run a proper article.
Nobody in that podcast circle could even correct Justin Davis when he said what he said. They just feed off each others conjecture.

Edit: Just did it.
Ironic his name is @errorjustin

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/30/ab2e1d87265baed34fd7b9f4be4659b2.jpg
by Axm
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "$30 on the 3rd" - ROAD TO $10 MILLION

Just a few more days folks! And I've added a Spanish translation to 30onthe3rd.com thanks to user PacemaŜinobo! So tell all your Spanish speaking buddies to check it out. Thanks guys!
by elfshadowreaper
Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SHENMUE 3 OFFICIAL TWITCH WAS WATCHING MY DOJO STREAM

I stream it every night on Twitch! And the official Shenmue 3 Twitch was scoping us out while I played!

:-o :-o :shock: :shock:
by Himuro
Thu Jul 02, 2015 1:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

KS Update #21: To the Sea and the Continent Beyond

Hello Everyone!

The power of Shenmue’s music was undoubtedly one of the big reasons that made the Shenmue series such a memorable experience. One of men responsible for this great achievement, is Ryuji Iuchi.

The composer of "Shenhua's Theme," Iuchi-san's songs have pulled at our heart strings and actually put us there, in the world of Shenmue. And now he is back for Shenmue 3 to help take us into that world once again.

Let’s give a big standing ovation for Ryuji Iuchi:

https://youtu.be/GK2UtawnJnM
English

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWWD7FGO7M
Japanese with French and English subtitles

Thank you for all of the memories, Iuchi-san! We look forward to all of the new songs, and the memories we will make with them in Shenmue 3.

To get a further listen of Ryuji Iuchi’s body of work, please visit his website at http://www.ryujiiuchi.com While most of the site is in Japanese, samples of his music are here at this link , so please have a listen!

#SaveShenmue Tweetathon on Twitter

Don’t forget that the 3rd of the month is the #SaveShenmue Tweetathon, so please send a Tweet with the hashtag #SaveShenmue to show your support for Shenmue 3.

You can still get your questions to Yu Suzuki by Tweeting to him using the hashtag #YouaskYu

Magic Weather Warning: There will be a storm of updates on the way, so bring your umbrella with you tomorrow!
by Technophilz
Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

Doom_Infinite wrote: Short answer will Shenmue III contain VF style battles or not?

This is definitely the most important question at the moment if you ask me.
by KidMarine
Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A suggestion re this fridays q&a with yu Suzuki...

I'm going to aks him how far they got Shenmue III developed for the Dreamcast. Was thinking about asking him on Twitter anyway. This is the perfect opportunity to do it now.
by BlueMue
Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big Update coming in the next 10 hours. Before ~8PM GMT.

"Due to your overwhelming support we're pleased to announce that Yu can afford the new Ferrari. This couldn't have happened without your donations. Thank you!"
by Riku Rose
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $30 on the 3rd - PLAN OF ATTACK

I just sold $530 worth of LOTR statues and busts(and that's only the tip of the iceberg!) on ebay. May have to up my donation! :D
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. SOMEONE GIVE GAF THESE LINKS

My polite exchange in the comments with the guy who wrote that article...

Needless to say, my comments have a lot more likes than his do.
by Erevador
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

http://i.imgur.com/PZDaNhg.jpg

Hey everyone, my brother and I decided to contribute $20,000 for the making of Shenmue III. We spent many hours thinking about whether this is a good or bad decision. We spent $10,000 in 2012 to get our school off the ground and that went a long way. Because of our initial $10,000 pledge, the school received an amazing amount of attention in China, social media and gaming websites. I'll reiterate, We are not wealthy! This was a hard decision. We could have given $20,000 directly to building the school and it's programs but we feel that this pledge will lead to more exposure and support than what we could do through other mediums.

For those who don't know our school yet. We are called The "V.E.T. Program" (Volunteer English Teacher). You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts&ref=br_tf We teach children and young adults English to help in their educational and career pursuits. Many of these kids come from small villages in the Guilin area and may not have an opportunity to learn elsewhere. You can go to the "about" section on the Facebook page to learn more.

We really need help in reaching our goals. We would love for you to like us on Facebook. We will eventually look outside ourselves and setup a way for donations to be made but we didn't want to distract from the Kick Starter or be overbearing donation hunters.

We decided to make the second $10,000 pledge a character in the game. We don't want to be a character attacking Ryo though. We are going to try and ask Yu Suzuki to let us have one of our Volunteer Chinese teaching assistants be a character in one of the villages. They deserve to be recognized for their hard work. They are volunteers and many of them come from poor rice farms.

We are also hoping that since we will be listed in the credits as a special sponsor that it can have our school with a logo and a website rather than our names.

I don't think any of this would be asking too much. I think it would help get attention to the school. We would love any assistance in helping us achieve this. We also would love to have Yu Suzuki come to the school some day but we won't don't want to be greedy.

Please, help our little school!
http://i.imgur.com/GS7Iwrq.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Returning Characters?

I just want Tom back!
by Aimless Gamer
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

From the email:

Looks like it will be included in all higher rewards.
by Sean
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

imagine if the phone call worked both ways....
"beep beep"
"yeah?"
"Ryo-san ,please try to be back at the hotel room by eleven o clock"
"no, no , NOOOOOOOO"

lol , anyway , i LOVE the idea with the phone calls , i am going to call Joy , Nozomi and Guizhang every day :mrgreen: :mrgreen: , i cannot wait for shenmue 3....i seriously cant :P
by alexironaek
Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #27 - New rewards!

I will call Nozomi every 5 minutes :oops: :oops:

8) 8) 8)
by Shenmuehua
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

I'm maxed out at $250. I've got a mortgage, student loans and a 21 month old. I can't imagine them announcing anything more that will make me increase my pledge. If I had expendable cash, sure. But that's just not the case.
by elfshadowreaper
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you make two accounts, can you use the same card? I'm not going to, but I'm just curious.

I have an it didn't give me an issue. Whether it will or not on the day the money comes out, we'll have to wait and see, but I can't see them not wanting money :D

That's what I am worried about, I don't want on the final day to have the pledge from one account cancelled and the lesser pledge to go through.

Just sent Kickstarter a ticket to ask, will let you know the answer when they get back to me :)
by James Brown
Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Alternative Shenmue Kickstarter video now featured on KS!

Original Post
If a mod or news poster could feature this video on the homepage, it would really help!

The current Kickstarter video for Shenmue III is quite bad. It doesn't outline the achievements of Shenmue or have any real Shenmue feel to it. It only appeals to a a very small audience and does very little to attract new people to the franchise. That is why me and some other members of the Dojo have collaborated and put our ideas together to create what we believe the Kickstarter video should have been.

Here is the most popular version with no dub (and a slightly different logo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzJcBqS1fDY
Some really awesome people on YouTube have made subtitles in Dutch, Italian, Polish, Portuguese and Spanish too! You can find them if desired by enabling the closed captions.

There is also a dubbed version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWgDKkwR6SI
(Thanks to Raunchy for the voiceover!)
Please share this around. Tweet it out to people, embed it in forums, reupload it to your own Youtube if you like - you don't need to credit me. This video clears up misconceptions about the Kickstarter (eg where the funding comes from), advertises the stretch goals and markets Shenmue to new audiences. It could be VERY beneficial to the campaign.

Some people in the production thread even suggested trying to get it seen by Yu Suzuki in the hope he will replace the current Kickstarter video with this one. It's a very long shot, but it's worth a try. Shenmue III recently got an official Twitter if people would like to tweet it to them. https://twitter.com/Shenmue_3

We can make a difference if we advertise this campaign properly. This, combined with $30 on the 3rd could just be our ticket to 10mil. Please help in spreading the word by showing this to people who are misinformed, unconvinced, or might be interested in getting into Shenmue. Let's do this!

"The fate of Shenmue is in your hands now"

Thank you!
My alternative Kickstarter has now been featured on the Kickstarter project under the "What's Shenmue" heading! Yu Suzuki saw my video and wanted to use it and as a result I have been working with Awesome Japan to create a version that SEGA deem acceptable which has now been completed.
Take a look here: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=178&v=eoAII3iHXOM
by Jibby
Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A Round 2 with Yu coming later!

Someone ask him the most important unasked question so far:

"Why does Ryo have brown hair now?"

Development hasn't started. The brown hair was just as off as his face. These were just Kickstarter promos. Really wouldn't look too far into it.

Did you draw that avatar you have? It's super cute.

No it's by sawa_shenmue, he's really talented! He has some other cute Shenmue arts on his Twitter page :)
https://twitter.com/sawa_shenmue
by Sonoshee
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New to Shenmue

Hi! I am totally new to Shenmue but I loved everything I have read about it so far. I recently supported Shenmue III and I can't wait to play it!

I am wondering how I in the best/easiest way can get the backstory information I need to be able to enjoy Shenmue III fully? Should I watch all the cut scenes from the first game on YouTube (does it exists for Shenmue II as well?), or what should I do to get to know all the story of the game I need up to Shenmue III?

I have never really jumped into a game without being there from the start, so I am not really sure how to do it the best/easiest way and would like some help.

Sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum for my question.
by Aenae
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Here's the reply guys.

Kickstarter Support (Kickstarter)

Jul 8, 11:51 AM

Hi James,

You should be totally fine! Let us know if you need anything else.

Best,
Alfie

skilljim

Jul 8, 9:58 AM

Hi, I am a big Shenmue fan and have backed for the $1500 tier on this account. I also wanted to get the $80 tier so I would be able to receive both rewards, and I have backed this tier on a second account. I have backed it using the same debit card as I thought this would be okay, but I wanted to just double check before the project finishes that my card will be successfully charged twice, one for each of these 2 accounts. I needed to use 2 accounts, as it's not possible to back more than one unique reward tier, that the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter project happens to have.

Thank you for your time and help :)
James.
by James Brown
Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your chosen rewards poll

Now I've got a young son, I can not justify putting a lot of money into this. But I wanted to do my bit to help the cause.

I went for the $120 option where I get 1 toy capsule. I get something physical to remember the kick starter by, as well as a physical copy. The phone card getting thrown in was a bonus to me.
by Ryno4
Sat Jul 11, 2015 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Your chosen rewards poll

Signed Collector's Edition here. Going to keep it displayed on my shelf and never even open the game. Will buy an additional copy to play and support. :)

My final pledge will end up being a total of $360 including shipping (adding some more for #TheFinalBlow!) It is an honor and privilege to contribute to this with all of you, and one of my proudest moments ever as a gamer.
by Anonymous81
Sat Jul 11, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New $4500 Reward: Name a Vendor

Wish I had $4500 to open Amir's Authentic Iranian Kabobs in Guilin...
by Amir
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It would be funny if someone bought all of these tiers, let's say someone called bill.

Bill pizzeria, bill's rod, bill's capsule toy with nozomi, etc.

Shenmue III: bill's world.
by manuel tripero
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They should just have a fire sale on these new tiers since they're limited and max out their backers while there's still time. Fishing rod? $300-500 + 10 backers. Not a horrible profit considering it'll cost them neither time nor effort to plug someone's name into the game. I really don't get why they're pricing these things so high.
by mjq jazz bar
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #35: New $4500 Reward - Name a Vendor

This is the end of something we all waited 14 years for. Lets come together for one last push!
by Aimless Gamer
Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

KS Update #36: New Trailer & NPC Reward Added

Greetings Shenmue Family!

We have come to the final three days of the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter! Your support and encouragement alone have already made this project a huge success. Thank you!!!

But we are not finished yet! It is our pleasure to announce the new scene from Shenmue 3! It is still a work in progress, but Yu Suzuki has sent it with loving care and hopes it will be all that the fans of the series have come to love, and will show those new to the game some of the wonder and magic they can expect from the continually unfolding world of Shenmue. Please enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDjzCQdqO0Y
Ryo and Shenhua arrive at the Lake of the Lantern Bugs after their long journey. Entranced, they watch the gentle flight of the lantern bugs upon the mirage-like oasis.

----------

More NPC Last Minute Rewards!!!

Still want to be in the game as an NPC? Don’t miss out on this one! You don’t get to fight Ryo, but you can definitely make his acquaintance!

CHOUBU TRAVELLER / BE A NON-COMBAT NPC - $6,000 Appear as an NPC staying at a Choubu inn. No big battle scene with Ryo, but this is your chance to cameo in the world of Shenmue! Limit 4. RYO VOICE MESSAGE BY COREY MARSHALL Reward included.

These final hours are the most important, so please keep sharing and telling those sailors and random people you meet, that the game of decade, nay, the Holocene Era, is upon us! And for the betterment of all mankind, you should give it your support!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1294268
by Yokosuka
Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic