Search found 883 matches

Return

Re: Random Thoughts

I may very well have gone into IT if I could do it all over at age 17 with no debt to my name. I am a techie and tinkerer at heart. Such as it is though I'm $20k in debt with no way of paying it back with really only one option if I'm serious about returning to college. Even with all the additional grants for going into nursing and even with only doing a 2 year degree at community college it's still going to be awfully tight. Though I do not want to personally, I may even have to move back in with my mother for a couple years if I'm to spare myself dormitory costs. The goal here is definitely to get a valuable skill with minimal debt. I wish I knew then what I know now. But who hasn't said that?
by Sonikku
Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev Room Progress

Hey Kyodai! Don't go. :sad:

*Sonikku huggles*
by Sonikku
Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Gaming Thoughts (Read OP Before Posting)

Lucky! I wish I had a 1080. I have a 65" 4k tv and I plainly need to lower settings to run games natively with a 1060.
by Sonikku
Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nintendo Switch

One player kills four Guardians at the same time by deflecting all four of their beams simultaneously. :shock:

phpBB [video]

by Sonikku
Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

St. Elmo's Fire wrote: Fucking hell you guys really DO get some things a lot cheaper than we do!

But not our healthcare. :-k But who CARES about healthcare?! I got a 250gb SSD for twenty bucks! \:D/
by Sonikku
Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: General Anime Discussion

I don't know about horror, but have you started watching Attack on Titan Season 2 yet?

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Shingeki-no-K ... s=openload
by Sonikku
Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awww, but the eyes made it hilarious!

My face is tired. :sad:
by Sonikku
Fri Apr 07, 2017 2:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rakim wrote: NSFW

How is that NSFW? It's fucking BATMAN throwing CONFETTI! [-X
by Sonikku
Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

Why are democrats now so happy with the prospect of WWIII ??

This seems like a pretty extreme generalization in my opinion. I'm a registered Democrat and a third World War is the last thing I would want, primarily because I don't think it would be gangbusters for the economy like you seem to think it would be on account of the whole super-powers-with-nukes thing. War with countries too weak to put up much of a fight could be profitable for a handful of contractors, abit at great expense to everyone else. Even the perceived "threat" of war with a super power that never quite escalates to armed conflict could be profitable for some. But actual all out war with other countries with nukes would not end well for anyone.

As for Syria, I think the strikes were a mistake though I know I'm probably the sole person in the Dojo to think so. Trump did not hit the runways and they were back up and running in the span of a day. If the point was to send a message in the vein of "Kill your people with bombs, fine. But kill your people with chemicals and I'm gonna bomb you back" then I find it dubious that Assad would be dissuaded from such a message, especially when the runways were already back in use just 16 hours after the fact.

There's no way to know now, but on a personal level it seems fairly dubious to me that someone who by all accounts had the upper hand in a civil war would risk international involvement by doing something stupid with chemical weapons. A false flag attack conducted by the losing side would seem much more plausible. But with no investigation all we have is a lot of finger pointing and death. The whole situation is a quagmire with evil on all sides and I do not see any involvement from America having a good lasting impact on the region. Sometimes when you have a region with enemies on all sides it is better to let them all have at it with each other than to jump in for a piece of that yourself.

Involving ourselves in Iraq and Afghanistan has not really made us safer in my opinion. If anything, by bringing down Saddam we may have freed up Iran to fixate their energy on threatening us where as before they were distracted with Saddam. Involving ourselves in the conflicts of others has seemingly never ended in rosier outcomes, from the days of Eisenhower overthrowing the democracy of Iran and replacing it with a dictatorship to arming and training Osama Bin Laden. Or even today, many of the weapons in the hands of ISIS were made by us. I do not support the idea of arming and training all these rebel groups to fight proxy wars with our enemies because current cycle rebels more often than not become future cycle terrorists, a perpetual cycle of war making and profit.
by Sonikku
Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I remember back in the mid 90's when my mother got upset with me when she found some hentai on the family computer. Oh, to be young. :oops:
by Sonikku
Wed Apr 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well I bombed the placement test so it looks like remedial math for me. BUT on the upswing...

I finally got an NES Classic Edition!!!!

http://i.imgur.com/SMXPOAS.jpg

Even Link had to throw out a huzzah!

http://i.imgur.com/02j3TWX.jpg?1

Nintendo is ruining my life. Please help. :sad:
by Sonikku
Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New episode of Attack on Titan just posted on kissanime. Man that cliffhanger though... Can this show get any more epic? :shock:
by Sonikku
Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

phpBB [video]
by Sonikku
Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Or maybe he's dead inside and just doesn't give a f*ck anymore.
by Sonikku
Fri Apr 28, 2017 6:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Politics

I strongly disagree with the notion that he is the president America needs, though certainly, if nothing else, he is the president we deserve. He has played you for a fool if you earnestly believe he gives a damn about jobs going to Americans. He employs foreigners in the manufacturing of his own damn goods for pete sakes Frozen.

Trump blasted the practice on the Late Show as Letterman looked through his so called signature line of clothing he was plugging only for it to be exposed it as part of the same. Trump is guilty of basically every business practice imaginable he now blasts businesses for. "Rules for all of you, none for me". It could not be more ironic that so many prop him up on a pedestal as the solution to these behaviors when he himself has always been part of the problem.
by Sonikku
Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

But yea, I get what you are saying with the BS section in video games. My current video game infatuation is Star Trek Bridge Crew. I have recently taken the role of Captain in most of my recent games, and the position is boring as hell if you have a competent crew. You just tell helm to warp to locations, crew goes on autonomous mode, and then you finish the mission. After the mission everyone is cheering, you get promoted, and get achievements out of the ass while you are just sitting there like:

https://m.popkey.co/7aa178/kv4ol.gif
It sounds to me like you need an incompetent crew. I volunteer Bluecast, Kiba, Teepo, Ziming and myself for duty.

Today is a good day to die!
by Sonikku
Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I suppose I can see why they cast him to play Steve Jobs.
by Sonikku
Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unpopular film/TV opinions post yours!

I'm glad episode 8 is going to be one of the best of all the star wars movies. I was not exactly wowed by the trailer.
by Sonikku
Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Oculus or Vive in 2017?

I think VR will become more and more a thing as the tech gets cheaper. I personally still can't afford one, though am very eager to try VR whenever I get a chance to. But if I could have my pick, it would be Vive no question.
by Sonikku
Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

I'm getting the special edition of maina personally. I don't know if it will be any good but it seems like a heck of a collectible for not very much money after gamers club unlocked and 25 off VISA. I just wish it was a physical disc and not a lame one time use "code".
by Sonikku
Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonic Forces & Sonic Mania

After all, SatAM may have only gotten two seasons but the ideas it introduced remain incredibly influential. Modern games like Sonic Unleashed and Sonic Generations both reference the personality traits that Sonic developed in SatAM, such as his love of chilli dogs. While the Archie run Sonic comic, which lasted until this year with 290 monthly issues, is a direct continuation of the SatAM inspired storylines, Freedom Fighters included. Heck, the whole 'forces' in Sonic Forces, where the player is part of an uprising against Dr Eggman, is very similar to the premise of SatAM.

The Sonic The Hedgehog comic felt like a continuation of the cartoon and I loved it. Sonic #25-#50 especially were simply incredible. Unfortunate that #50 ended that era, because that less cartoony version of Robotnik is my all time favorite from the Sonic mythos. (It did have a satisfying conclusion at least) And that cover artwork! My god! Spaz has done some quality stuff. I kept reading the comic past 200 but it definitely lost its appeal. The plots became more comical kid friendly like and characters like Nagus that I loved were constantly emasculated by "original" comic villains that were lame. (Mammoth Mongrul comes to mind). It's unfortunate the comic has come to a close altogether, but Ken Penders basically killed it.
by Sonikku
Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Blizzard has Sonikku committed

Bit of an update. :) Going to New York City for the first time in my life tomorrow for a consultation with Dr Jess Ting for SRS. I'm feeling equal parts excitement and anxiousness right now, tempered by caution on account of the countless seemingly promising opportunities to move forward with transition that have always ended up falling through up to this point.
by Sonikku
Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Review The Last Game You Beat

I'm fairly sure the day you beat TESB on Super Nintendo is like the day you seriously become a Jedi in RL.
by Sonikku
Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Religion

Athiest myself. I do not begrudge people for their faith however. Life is hard and the belief that there's something wonderful waiting for you at the end if you just hang in there is a very comforting thought, regardless as for whether or not that belief is well founded. Perhaps in a weary world even false hope is better than no hope. An unjust society is perhaps more palatable if one can hold onto the belief that the wicked that have wronged them that they are otherwise powerless to do anything about will one day get their just desserts from a so called higher power. I personally will not attach myself to any faith however, the acts people are able to justify and rationalize in the name of their faith is reprehensible to me.

People kill in the name of their faith. Then there are those in our own country that allow faith to break their family apart. I weep for people like this. http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/made-choice-man-shares-dad-brutal-letter-disowning-gay-article-1.1131431 Religion seems to me to chiefly be a form of control over man. It promotes a herd mentality that can persuade otherwise sensible people to do extremely insensible things. It can contribute to important issues like economic policy being drowned out by social issues and people getting butt hurt over the concept of two men getting married, to the point where they can feel as though their very way of life is under some kind of ruthless attack.

Some religions have inadvertently helped to keep myths alive such as the idea that a woman's place is to listen while a man's role to lead. Religion has been a large factor in sexual repression in societies that has fostered no ends of misery for people in one way or another. Holy books would appear so hypocritical from one passage to the next that you could probably justify almost any view imaginable with the right verses. Condone slavery? Heck, even the Bible has passages advocating it. More power to people that can make sense of all of these things and keep it all straight while simultaneously not hurting or alienating people. For myself though, I think I can live without.
by Sonikku
Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Generally when people remark "PC Master Race" they aren't talking Apple computers. :lol:
by Sonikku
Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

myshtuff wrote: Why so many?

I would think someone with your avatar could figure that one out. :lol:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Nintendo- ... SwLApZzvjt
by Sonikku
Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

DIsney plays it far too safe with the new trilogy and after the high critical success of 7 I don't see that trend changing. (even though I personally did not care for it despite being a hardcore Star Wars fan) It's probably just going to be an Empire Strikes Back retread with Luke as the "new Yoda". I sorely wish they took the story in a new direction instead of just rehashing the original trilogy and pushing it as a sequel. As for the trailer, I don't really care for it, which is alarming because despite not liking 7, I still thought the trailer at least was great.
by Sonikku
Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Mario Odyssey

Worth buying a Switch for? Last Nintendo console I had was the Gamecube and I did not do much with it. Really thinking of getting the Switch but find it hard to justify the purchase because of the high cost, especially in comparison to the PS4 and Xbox One

It depends. You're right about one thing, you're definitely going to be paying the Nintendo tax if you take the plunge. Big name titles on PS4 or Xbone could go from $60 to $20 in just a couple of months, but when Mario and Zelda come out on a Nintendo Platform they debut at $60 and stay there. There is also the question of memory. I get physical releases from Best Buy for the GCU discount, but if you buy digital you're going to have to invest in an additional memory card.

You'll also want a carry bag for your Switch ($10-20) a glass screen protector ($8). While those purchases are pretty much mandatory, you will also at least feel inclined to invest in a portable battery pack ($25+) and a USB C Cable and AC that you can take with you in your bag and charge on the go. ($35) It all definitely adds up.

On the plus side if you haven't owned a Nintendo system since Gamecube, that Wii U titles like Mario Kart and Breath of the Wild will be fresh for you and are must haves. Mario Odyssey is as well, with Xenoblade Chronicles slated for next month and this is just the first year of release. It definitely has the games, but you'll be paying for the privileged of playing them, make no mistake. If you're on the move a lot and the portable nature of the system could really benefit you, I think it's worth it. If it's just going to sit docked at home all the time and you're not going to have friends over regularly to play Mario Kart and Smash Bros. however, you could possibly pass.
by Sonikku
Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I disagree with that sentiment. The fans have been begging for this for years and years. It comes up every single Blizzcon. And Blizzard at every turn has said no. If anything, I don't think they had any intention of every launching a Vanilla server and caved solely due to mounting pressure from the player base. Hardcore fans launching their own private vanilla servers and making money off their property was probably the last straw. If they don't provide it, a fan will.
by Sonikku
Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Riku not posting what's important! (SoulCalibur VI)

This looks like a prequel. Or a Midquel, of sorts. I say this as Sophitia's breasts aren't of a modest size like in Soul Blade, but they also aren't quite GAD ZOOKS big yet like they were in Soul Calibur 4. For reference please consult the soul calibur boob chart. Would you just LOOK at Soul Calibur 4 Sophitia?!

http://i.imgur.com/v3bvG.jpg

Wow! How Big! How great!!
by Sonikku
Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lost over $50 in imaginary internet money. :( Damn bit coin!
by Sonikku
Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi

I'm going to take the controversial opinion of saying I liked it. :P Though I wish they had left codebreaker quest and Leia flying on the cutting room floor to improve the pacing. I would have liked to have had more Luke/Rey time in its place. I didn't like admiral Holdo. I think Admiral Ackbar should have been the one to sacrifice himself by ramming the ship instead of some frilly pink hair who could have saved a boat load of problems if she merely confided in Poe her plan.

I don't believe Snoke is truly dead. I think he's in the same league as Luke at least and projected himself to Kylo and the others in his thrown room while he was somewhere else to protect his frail body. He can clearly the the Force on others across wide distances so it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

EDIT: Sorry, just dropping spoiler tags in. - OL
They're not going to have a guy with Ackbar in his name perform a suicide attack in this climate. That's the only reason it wasn't him.
If anything not only should it have been him ramming the ship in a suicide attack, but he should have shouted " ADMIRAL ACKBAR "! while he did it.
by Sonikku
Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Disney in Talks to Buy Fox & Get Back X-Men

Will this mean that Disney finally gets the rights to the unaltered edition of Episode 4? If so Disney could finally release an unmodified original trilogy bluray set with actual remastering instead of the cheap laserdisc port George made when releasing the originals on dvd.
by Sonikku
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

When Animegamer watches anime.

by Sonikku
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Axm wrote: Yo I haven’t been posting for a few months. Did I miss anything?

There was a new addition to the Sonikku family this year. :D

My SNES Classic got a sister!!!

They look so cute together. :oops:
by Sonikku
Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic