Search found 152 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue I & II not losing a poll on SegaScream.com anymo

Not fair and nothing to brag about. :|

It IS fair.... I want Shenmue I and II more than anyone else and therefore my vote ought to count for more!

It is just the same as many SIII KS backers pledging with multiple accounts!!!

8)

PS: I'm only KIDDING. I did not cheat the vote but did participate and am pleasantly surprised Shenmue surpassed Jet Set Radio legit.
by SMDzero
Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Release date idea

Loooong time lurker. Over-the-moon for Shenmue 3!!!!!!! :rotflmao:

Really hope Baisha, Choubu, and Bailu are 100% filled out via stretch goals!!!

So here's what Sega/Sony should do to get us through the next 2.5 years before Shenmue 3.

Release a Shenmue Complete Saga Ad that ends with the following messages that flash on screen in order:

Experience the Journey.

Shenmue 1 HD---- Christmas 2015

Shenmue 2 HD----- Christmas 2016

Shenmue 3---------Christmas 2017

You will find your destiny... or your destiny will find you.
by SMDzero
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Stretch Goals revealed!!!!!

Here's an idea guys: What if Yu Suzuki takes our 5 million, goes to Vegas and bets it all on black?

Would we want him to take this chance to double our money into 10 Million and make the game we all deserve?
by SMDzero
Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

whether or not Ryo eats the carrots. The carrots have already been paid for so what difference does it make whether Ryo eats them or throws them away?
by SMDzero
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I'm sure the farmers don't give a damn

Iwao should have been ashamed of himself. He's a murderer trying to act all high and mighty just because he doesn't waste food.
by SMDzero
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue III will open with the 2 giant mirrors rolling back to reveal a tomb filled with piles of carrots far as the eye can see.

Ryo will have to protect his carrot horde from the Chi-You-Men.
by SMDzero
Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lan Di: Do you remember this carrot?

Iwao: Carrot?

Lan Di: This is the carrot you used to kill Sun Ming Zhao!

Iwao: It can't be... that carrot!!

Lan Di: Get up, I'm going to stick this carrot where the sun don't shine!

Iwao: Forgive me.. for making you.. eat..

Ryo: Wha.. what are you saying?! Father!

Iwao: Your carrots... keep carrots... those you eat.... away from your bum.
by SMDzero
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nope carrots suck. Many players stopped playing Shenmue when they had pro-carrot propaganda shoved down their throats which is why Shenmue II didn't sell well and we had to wait over 5000 days until Shenmue 3 was announced.

Thank your precious carrots for that.
by SMDzero
Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 mill was never going to happen

I think we will still be number 1 KS game and I think we will also have something really to be proud of at the end of this thing.

Completely agree. We need to trust Yu when he said that he would make a proper and worthy sequel to Shenmue III at 2 million dollars.

Just imagine what he'll do with 5 million.... :D God I hope we don't end at 4.9 million... we need that character perspective system!! I also hope we beat Bloodstained imagine the publicity!!!
by SMDzero
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Discussion about the floating sword

Shenhua: Deo.... let's go to Bailu Village.

Ryo: Yeah.

Shenhua: This is Bailu Village.

Ryo: I see. Where are all the people?

Shenhua: We didn't make enough money in the kickstarter.....

Ryo: THAT'S IT! (punches Shenhua).
by SMDzero
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue chapter 2 DLC!!

Any chance we may see a playable flashback in Shenmue III to the long lost boat chapter that was cut in Shenmue 2?

Or maybe this could be DLC....
by SMDzero
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What sort of ending will Shenmue III have?

SIII will end with Ryo becoming tantalizingly close to a final showdown with Lan Di.... it will end on a huge cliffhanger promising the epic conclusion in part 4.
by SMDzero
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 6M Lottery!

Okay okay point taken I'll stop with the cheeky posts. 8-[
by SMDzero
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

Then Ryo runs to Fuku -Sans room grabs an AK 47 and runs outside and starts shooting the blacksuits and Lan Di.

Lan Di lays gasping for life on the ground and Ryo yells "father get out here and watch me get my revenge from when I was in an alternate timeline and you got killed!"

Iwao runs outside and screams "Ryo what the fuck Lan Di is my friend and he was coming to visit me on my wedding day!"

Ryo "Father... you're getting married... to who!?"

Iwao: "I'm marrying Fuku san gay marriage is legal now god dammit!"

Ryo: "Jesus Christ father! I will never allow you to marry Fuku San. Ryo then shoots Iwao and kills him."

Just then a second Ryo materializes in front of him.

Second Ryo" I'm here from the future to avenge my fathers death! Have at you!

First Ryo: "If you kill me then YOU will never exist in the future to get revenge on your past self in the first place!"

Lan Di" HEY! Will one of you Ryo assholes finally kill me or do I have to wait for Shenmue 3!"

Both Ryos "THIS IS SHENMUE 3!"
by SMDzero
Thu Aug 06, 2015 10:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Yu Use The Money...

Yeah I don't get why people are so enamored with changing clothes. Seriously does everyone wash their shirt after each and every wear? No. Therefore wearing the same shirt 2 or 3 times in a row ought not to be taboo!
by SMDzero
Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Charlie stood me up!

Well maybe he wouldn't have stood you up if you had gotten your hair and nails done!
by SMDzero
Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The miracle of Shenmue III

Also 2M was the initial goal and we reached 3x that at 6M. Plus the 333,000 on top of that didm't go unnoticed...
by SMDzero
Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Names pronounced differently in Shenmue 2 vs Shenmue.

Not to mention the whole "Ryo" vs "Deo" debate.....
by SMDzero
Tue Jul 21, 2015 9:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How will Ryo and Shenhua be together?

Or he could keep Shenhua in his green backpack and she could pop out from time to time like in Banjo Kazooie!
by SMDzero
Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue had INCREDIBLY good controls

Considering we were forced to use the d-pad.

Seriiously the fact that Shenmue controls as well as it did is a miracle... it controls way better than RE even with "tank controls".

I think the reason is because Shenmue had the perfect camera system that constantly stays right behind you.

Just like RE4 had great controls even though they were digital was because of the tight behind the back camera the same is true of Shenmue.

Also Shenmue gets props for using the trigger for "analog" movement.

I give Shenmues controls an 8.5.. the only weird part is sometimes having to slightly adjust itself using the B button.\\

I almost kind of hope to use the D pad agin in SIII but of course we need true dual analog control since it will be 2017
by SMDzero
Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryuji Iuchi tweets about Shenmue 3 music

I thought the 'crag day' music was criminally underused in Shenmue 2
by SMDzero
Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's Twitter: 29/7 SIII Kick-off Meeting/Dinner

Aimless Gamer wrote: Lol is Yu wearing his only shirt again?

Maybe Yu sold all his other shirts to raise money for Shenmue 3?

Or maybe he chooses to wear a black and white "jail" shirt to symbolize not being free to make Shenmue 3 until now!
by SMDzero
Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

6. Those aren't double-D's - that's where Lan Di was hiding before setting off for Hong Kong. Master Chen is so hopped up on the chloroform vapour from #3, he doesn't even feel the ponytail nestling in his belly button

DUDE! No way Lan Di would hide in there! Give him his dignity for god sake!

Here on the other hand... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://cdn.staticneo.com/w/shenmue/thumb/f/f2/NiaoSun.jpg/300px-NiaoSun.jpg
by SMDzero
Thu Jul 30, 2015 5:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential Shenmue 3 Joke In Shenmue 2 :D

It just kills me that the whole of Disc 4 is getting to Bailu village but we never actually get there!

I've seriously had DREAMS about being in Bailu Village Shenmue 3.
by SMDzero
Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What date did you beat Shenmue?

What's ready weird is that the time between 1986 (when the game is set) and 2000 (when the game came out) is 14 years. We had to wait 14 years just for Shenmue 3!

Today, the year 2000 is just as far back as 1986 was when we first bought Shenmue... it makes me feel ooooold. :-({|=
by SMDzero
Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What date did you beat Shenmue?

What's ready weird is that the time between 1986 (when the game is set) and 2000 (when the game came out) is 14 years. We had to wait 14 years just for Shenmue 3!

Today, the year 2000 is just as far back as 1986 was when we first bought Shenmue... it makes me feel ooooold. :-({|=
Yeah, I was thinking the other day what an odd coincidence this is :lol: And I can definitely relate to the feeling old part :sad:

Well maybe Ryo is over the hill and past him prime now. So he get's depressed and, tail between his legs, goes back to Yokosuka and re-applys for the forklift driver position.

Ryo lives out the rest of his days making minimum wage driving the forklift and eventually is laid off and is forced to beg in the harbor next the homeless man.

Once in a while he gets a letter from Fuku San who ended up marrying Nozomi and now runs a successful franchise of Hazuki dojos.
by SMDzero
Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Snow ring, two stars, one sword

Does the Hazuki family crest have significance to the ending shot of Shenmue 2?

The two stars are Ryo and Shenmue and the sword is between them...

by SMDzero
Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Revisiting Gamespot's 6.8 Review

The 6.8 review score was crap and Gamespot totally sucks for allowing that review.

The reviewer ---whatever his/her name was--- was wrong about Shenmue and should have excused him/herself from even writing it.

That review was like getting someone who was illiterate to review Hemingway... the end product was NOT an objective opinion. It was flawed output due to an inherent comprehension deficit which precluded all rational analysis.
by SMDzero
Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What will the "goal" of the game be?

The goal in Shenmue 3 will be to win at the new mini game called "Tap that ass"

There will be a dozen donkeys running loose in Bailu Village and Ryo will have to run around and tap each one on the head before the time limit runs out.
by SMDzero
Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Otaku Mode interview with Yu Suzuki

TOM: The previous part ended in a cave, right?

S: Which is exactly why 3 will start from searching Bailu village. I don't know what the hell I was smoking when I came up with that sequence in the cave so it's best to ignore it ever happened.

TOM: What?

S: Well I had to come up with a crazy cliffhanger to make people want Shenmue 3. I thought over these 14 years I'd find a way to explain that floating sword and giant mirrors but I just couldn't think of anything.
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 02, 2015 3:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How does the "be in the credits" goal work

First name: Shenmue4
Middle name: Is
Last name: Coming
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4
by SMDzero
Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What if Shenmue 3 wasn't on PS4 and PC...

What if Shenmue 3 came out on Tiger handheld? I can't imagine fitting the whole Waring Kingdoms into a tiny LCD screen...
by SMDzero
Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 dreams

It would suck if you woke up and it was June 15th and you realized the last 8 months were just a dream and there IS NO SHENMUE 3.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

I would basically be like Cypher from the Matrix and demand to go back into the dream even knowing the dream world with Shenmue 3 wasn't technically real.
by SMDzero
Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 can't promise 60fps but can promise sexy girls

Honestly some games don't even need to be 60fps. With the exception of racing and fighting games a rock solid 30 is perfectly fine.

Some would argue that some games are better served with 30fps just like film is better served at 24fps.
by SMDzero
Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Prologue for Shenmue 3

What will the new prologue text for Shenmue 3 be?

My idea:

"Turmoil has engulfed Guilin. The taxation of trade routes to outlying villages is in dispute.

Hoping to resolve the matter with a blockade of deadly warships, the greedy Chi You Men has stopped all shipping to the small village of Bailu.

While the People's Republic of China endlessly debates this alarming chain of events, Yuanda Zhu has secretly dispatched Ryo and Shenhua, the guardians of peace and justice in the Orient, to settle the conflict...."
by SMDzero
Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Looks like the U.S. just pledged 100 million to the Syrian rebels... maybe they could pledge 3.5 mil of that to Shenmue 3 instead??? I'm sure Syria can get along just fine with 96.5 million.
by SMDzero
Sat Oct 31, 2015 3:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

Love that we see why the QTE sounds were changed in Guilin. For some reason the different QTE sounds really impressed me like Shenmue was evolving.
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 opening scenes

I think a great way to open up shenmue 3 would be to have ryo washing his clothes at shenhuas house. Just washing his jeans, t shirt and leather jacket and then hanging them out to dry by the shenmue tree. Not only would it give relief to the fans concerned with ryos hygiene and add realism, it would also open the game in good humour!

Just imagine the epic shenmue music playing, the sound of water splashing. Camera fades in to see ryo washing his clothes in a wooden bowl in shenhuas modest kitchen, wringing them out and then going outside into the morning sun and hanging them up to dry. The camera pans up towards the sky and an eagle flies overhead. The eagle gives its iconic shenmue "caaaawww caaaaaaawwww". The camera follows the eagle as it flies towards the sun. Camera zooms in on blinding sun and the shenmue 3 title screen fades in as the music reaches a crescendo.

The camera zooms in on the blinding sun shining brightly up Ryo's naked ass! The Shenmue 3 logo then appears over Ryo's butt-cheeks.

Then we see a hand slap Ryo's ass and it's Shenhua!

Seriously I see no reason why Ryo wouldn't be butt-naked in the solitude of Shenhua's house while he's washing his clothes.

16 years of living together made them VERY comfortable around each other.

But seriously the game needs to start in the cave... we can't be cheated out of that moment of exiting that cave and investigating the sword/giant mirrors again.
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

I hope Suzuki has given up smoking! We need him to live to a ripe old age to see Shenmue 5 released in 2051
by SMDzero
Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last dinner in Tokyo...

Is any one of the dinner backers gonna be cheeky and show up wearing a black and white stripped shirt?
by SMDzero
Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Last dinner in Tokyo...

Maybe one of the hidden stretch goals is a new shirt for Yu Suzuki?
by SMDzero
Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

I don't want to be a negative nancy but what if:

the reason we always see YS with the same shirt is because we are actually dead ?

I have a great feeling, still feels so weird and tingly thinking SIII is happening.
Quite plausible:
The wait for Shenmue III did seem like some sort of purgatory. Perhaps the long awaited announcement finally represents our transcendence into heaven.

What if the game comes in the mail... we put it into our system.... and then nothing happens.

We sit there looking at snow on the TV screen for a long time for hours .. and then come to the dreadful realization that we all died back in 2001 when Shenmue 2 came out.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-UyY-BqDfHp8/UN88AuOMKnI/AAAAAAAAImo/MR-j_Oq1UYs/s1600/scatman+crothers-the+shining-danterants-blogspot-com.jpg

We all weren't ready to die until Shenmue 3 came out so we stayed in the land of the living until the day came.
by SMDzero
Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Lan Di? Just a man.

One thing that always struck me in Shenmue 2 was how Lan Di had to hold on to the helicopter rope ladder with his hand.

In Shenmue 1 Lan Di seemed ungodly powerful and invincible but in Shenmue II he seems so human and frail having to hold on to the rope ladder for dear life. You would think that Lan Di would have been able to balance perfectly on the ladder without having to hold on if his invincible aura he had in Shenmue 1 had carried over.

I think we're going to see a more human and vulnerable Lan Di whom Ryo will have a real chance of beating in a fight. Especially how we'll see Lan Di with people equal to and even exceeding his rank in the Chi You Men.
by SMDzero
Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic