Search found 25 matches

Return

Re: Lack of Loading Screens? No Loading Screens?

there's an obvious reason to keep the loading screens- the change in music between different areas. it just won't work without the black screen that displays the name of the area you're in.

that being said, i think the environments should be seamlessly built anyway, just so you can see the rest of the environment from different parts of it (i.e see through doorways instead of just a texture there)
by shenmue852
Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di not even in Shenmue 3??

suzuki said that shenmue 3 will end with an 'encounter with the 4 bosses'

Can you link where Yu Suzuki says this?

Q: Tell us about the stretch goals up to $3.6m?
YS: Firstly, I’ll talk about the stretch goals up until around the $3.6m mark, which are the most basic goals. The stretch goals up to $3.6m will achieve a story-oriented Shenmue. As further goals are reached, the content for various areas will be correspondingly expanded, but even with the story-oriented version, the plot will develop to reach a confrontation with the 4 leaders {of the Chiyoumen}.
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=48103

Also here in the video, the question comes up about 26 minutes in. He clearly says "Duel against the 4 bosses".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1559&v=eZm-HzCVzL4
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

After the cave cutscene, Ryo passes out, and wakes up in his bed, finding that his entire adventure had been a dream... or so it would seem. He gets up, walks to the kitchen and finds Iwao eating breakfast.
Before Ryo is able to gather his wits to think of something to say, the phone rings. He picks up, and hears Shen Hua's voice. She says "you weren't supposed to leave! You have to come back! YOU HAVE TO COME BACK!!! THE FATE OF THE UNIVERSE DEPENDS ON YOU!!"
The scene cuts to an exterior view of the house, pans around to show the entrance of the residence, and we see a black car stopping just outside the gate.
Roll end credits.

^produced and directed by Three Blades
by Three Blades
Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Most shocking Shenmue 2 ending you can think of.

Shenhua takes off her clothes and Ryo says "Let's get sweaty!"
by Hyo Razuki
Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Revisiting Gamespot's 6.8 Review

Lol, no, what he said sounds pretty spot-on to me :D Shenmue isn't a game that any dumb old schmuck should be reviewing.
by Three Blades
Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenhua "really" on the candy bars???

Especially since you bought merchandise.
by Bambi
Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenhua "really" on the candy bars???

Not only are they canon in the game, that shit is canon in real life son. Just head down to your local 7-11 to enjoy our new Baisha Berry Shenhua chocolate bars! They're Lan Di Licious!
by Rakim
Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you think you'll die before S3 release?

I think some die hard 'Muers have already died since the release of S2. Including the man, who recorded this here video. One of the best Shenmue piano videos. Makes me sad to think about him not having lived to see S3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mN4QFpKauq0

We should all be grateful to be alive and maybe when we play Shenmue 3 I hope that sometimes we will keep in mind that there are some fellow 'Muers who didn't live to see that lifetime dream come true.
by Hyo Razuki
Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would you STEAL Shenmue 3?

Escapes in Lan Di's Helicopter.
by ShenSun
Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What should Ryo's punishment be?

One of the most interesting things about Shenmue for me is the way it influences the player's behavior where there are no explicit rewards or punishments. Caring for the kitten, helping an elderly neighbor, and trying not to worry Ine-san, are all things we're compelled to do because it feels right, not because it affects our progress in the game. Incentivizing these selfless motivations would negate one of the key charms of Shenmue, in my opinion.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Oct 10, 2015 6:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue's music is healthy

The entirety of Guilin is majestic and amazing. Most inspiring sound section of a game I've ever heard.
by Himuro
Sun Oct 04, 2015 3:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

Translated subtitles are now complete for the Making Of Shenmue video, in multiple languages. Thanks to everyone who was involved in the project!

Shenmue 15th Anniversary (North America) & Making of Shenmue
by Switch
Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di? Just a man.

Ehm... the helicopter ran out of gas.

He's actually flying, that's why he has to grab the ladder, to keep the helicopter flying. His chi mantains the rope straight.
by shredingskin
Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nozomi should be pissed.

Hear me out.

You're Nozomi, and you're childhood friends with Ryo. Suddenly, his father dies, not only that, he's murdered. You try to comfort him but the more you try, the more you're pushed away. You try to understand him but he's obsessed on exacting a lone revenge mission, you notice this guy start making more dangerous and careless decisions as the days go by, dragging himself down into a world of trouble. You tell him that soon you'll be leaving for another country, in the extraordinary small chance you can get through to him and have your feelings requited but again, he has his own agenda, he doesn't have time for an old friend who's in love with him for the most part... and then one day you're fucking kidnapped. Because of his dumb careless actions.... but that's not all.

Ryo goes to Hong Kong and immediately upon arriving there he meets some biker who is all over him, making all kinds of innuendo and sexual invitations. Ryo doesn't recuperate these invitations, sure but he does stay in the ComeOver Guest House on her suggestion.

Not long after, he meets his teacher, and sleeps in her apartment.... in the very same room no less! He then enables some kids crush on him by trying to make her happy and debatably even flirting with her, that's insane. why is he even putting thoughts into this poor girls head?

And after that? At in the end of Shenmue 2, he's met some mysterious girl and begins to tell her about his whole life, family, friends, even Nozomi. Opening up and pour his heart out to at total stranger, and then she's making him dinner and imo cooking is a very intimate thing to do so, if you're Nozomi you see this as being very affectionate and you're wondering just why the fuck this guy wouldn't open up to you when he was in Japan, and pissed because in Shenmue 3 he's presumably even living with this girl.

I mean, when Ryo calls Nozomi and tells her what he's been doing in China I think she has a right to be upset. Ryo is kind of an asshole.
by ShenmueTree
Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

What did Xiuying adopt the name Master Lishao Tao?

Because she was fed up with all the guys walking past saying 'Schwing!'

by FlagshipFighter
Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Jokes Thread

SMDzero wrote: Why will Shenmue 3 be cancelled on January 20th 2017?

Because when Donald Trump becomes President he'll crack down on anything to do with China.

Not to derail, but you're mistaken about that. :D

phpBB [video]
by Mr357
Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

little unseen part of the teaser :
phpBB [video]
by Yokosuka
Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How annoyed would you be using the d-pad on the PS4?

I like the style of Shenmue where you use the d pad to walk in a tank style and the camera follows you and stays directly behind you, the whole dual sticks controlling camera in a 360• way isn't somthing i want in S3, maybe I'm just used to the way s1 and 2 control and i know the game control the way it does because the DC didn't have a 2nd stick but i still want S3 to play like 1 and 2 or give us an option, either way, I'm hoping for dpad movement in some way

Honestly, I don't mind about controlling Ryo with an analog stick.
On the other hand, I totally agree with you regarding the camera stick. IT SHOULD NOT BE A 360° WAY!!! The camera control that we currently know in Shenmue is an important part of immersion and core of the FREE mode . It should stay 180° way like a real human looking around him, with possibility to focus on specific items with a trigger. But no more, I really don't want a 360° camera à la GTA/Yakuza/etc which would not be "Shenmue-style" and would totally alterate the experience.
by Tsubasa
Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [SPOILERS AHEAD] And if all the cave mess was a dream ?

Perhaps it will end up like one of those cheesy TV programs where Ryo will wake up in a psychiatric hospital, believing that he is a martial arts expert avenging his father's death, when in reality he was just a forklift driver at the docks.

Shenmue 3 could switch between Ryo on his adventure in China and Ryo in the psychiatric hospital - we're never quite sure which reality is the real one...
by Tigrr
Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Should Ryo keep the pickle up in his backside?

They should probably make his walking animation less robotic, but I really like his running animation, and I wouldn't want it to change too much.
by Rikitatsu
Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #58 - Keiji Okayasu Returns for Shen

"Ryo... That word on your watch - beginning with T... That has another meaning in this village."

"Another meaning... Is that so?"

"Yes... In their ancient traditions, that word is rather offensive."

"I see... I'd better scratch it off."
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

You don't tantalize people with a very specific cliffhanger for sixteen years and then resolve it by saying it didn't happen.

You just don't.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3: A New Journey - Slacker Backer Support Video

One of the best Shenmue videos I've ever seen.
by Peter
Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

What do you mean, federal funds? Trump is gonna make Japan pay for Shenmue 3 and 4! That's ike the least Japanese tax payers can do to make up for Toyota, Honda and so on destroying American auto industry. If those Japs want to sell any more Toyotas on the US market, they better cough up the money for Shenmue! :D
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I contacted YS Net on Kickstarter

Forget it.

I'm being a cunt to both KLM and Anon. I was making the point of it not being a good idea to message YSNET over something small, but it's came out venomously for reasons not to do with Shenmue or the forums.

I'm gonna be gone for a while, and the Twitch streams may be stopping too. Take care folks.

It's okay Peter, we all have bad days and none of us are perfect. You are a valued and respected member of this community, and I am someone who forgives instantly once conflict abates FWIW. *Shakes your virtual hand.*

I'm sorry for challenging what you said, I just felt it was unnecessary was all.
by Anonymous81
Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic