Search found 56 matches

Return

Re: Legit concerns you have for Shenmue 3

I'll be honest, after 13 years i wouldn't have cared if the game was made for mobile only.

I'll take whatever they make
by Shenhua-Nani?
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 million

Some people on Neogaf i swear.... before it was "uh, the game is being funded by Sony they don't need my money", now it's "Uh, Sony is not funding it? the game will be crap then, i've lost interest".

At least the Shenmue guys there are doing an excellent job, there almost always 2-3 threads in the first page.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Potential huge donor please read.

Best thing you can do is ask her for a donation that's big enough for the campaign, but a drop in the bucket for her.

10k maybe?
by Shenhua-Nani?
Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 31.000 in 3 days....

There's no easily accessible way to play Shenmue 1&2, that's this Kickstarter's biggest problem imo....
by Shenhua-Nani?
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 31.000 in 3 days....

Make no mistake guys, i'm extremely happy all this happened, and all things considered i would rate it a big success if we finish at 5millions.

I just want the best for the only shot we have, and seeing it in the hands of complete amateurs makes me furious.

Luckily we are the best community a game could ever have, or we wouldnt have gotten this far. :)
by Shenhua-Nani?
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 - Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Lets just hope he wont smoke most of the money we are pledging...sorry couldnt resist lol

p.s. they made that money thanks to new rewards, today we are back to 28-30k$
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:29 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Joel "red shirt" Tess Discussion Topic (Twitch)

If that guy has a degree i am Mary Poppins.

Seriously, chances are he was a good-for-nothing that got the job because he can speak both japanese and english.

He has a Twitter profile anyway @Jo3lRT... i know it's bad but i HAD TO tweet him my personal thoughts.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

The twitch stream is what happened, a killing blow to our chances of getting new people to pledge.

And people say we shouldn't get mad at Awesome Crappan...
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

Like... all they needed to do is literally just have 1 person to handle the page, 1 person to handle the rewards, and 1 translator for when Yu Suzuki needs to send a message to the community.

Make like a daily update talking about a different character every day (be it friend or foe, or just one of the funny characters) with some art or hd game screens and a brief presentation. In the last days of the campaign a random guy opens the page and sees a sweet presentation of the Shenmue world, messages from Yu Suzuki explaining the stretch goals, and a crap load of reward tiers he can choose from. Random guy is gonna pledge and tell a friend to check out the page, bingo.

But no, we get fucking 3 idiots that can't even reharse a stream before going live, can't act professionally, and can't even setup a backers only poll without screwing up. And there's still typos in the page, check the description for the 60$ reward, "exlusive".

:((((((
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

Dat moment when Adam Boyes from Sony favourites your tweet....damn what a day
by Shenhua-Nani?
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NeoGAF Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Topic revamped

Thank you very much, you guys at Neogaf have been doing an amazing job since the KS launched.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

Even if the KS finished right now it would already be an undeniable amazing success.

Guys, let's face the facts here. This is Shenmue 3 we are talking about, 20 days ago 99% of gamers didnt even know the hell it was, the prequels are only available on fucking Xbox and Dreamcast and they came out FIFTEEN years ago.

It was already an incredible success that it got announced as a KS campaign, everything thats been happening since then trespasses in the realm of dreams.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III KS Update 26 - fan appreciation

Wheres the new video we were promised days ago? :(
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Update #27 New rewards!

Well, props to Awesome Japan they really are putting some work, a tier between 500 and 1k was much needed. And the 80$ tier will make many 60$ backers up their pledge.

Now we just need the damn new hype video and maybe a stretch goal between 5.1 and 6m for the final rush.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jul 07, 2015 12:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

Wow i was not expecting so much denial in this thread.

Yes guys, magic is a big component of Shenmue and if you arent expecting it, frankly you are blind.

Lets recap:

- Lan Di kills Iwao over a mirror

- Chen explanation about Chi You Men trying to "revive" Chiyou

- Zu explanation with the mirror projecting lights outta nowhere

- Shenmue tree giving a "supernatural" sense of protection, Ryo feels connected to it even if he was born in Japan

- Bailu village ANCIENT Prophecy, Phoenix vs Dragon

- Ryo being "the one"

- Flying swords

I mean, really people arent expecting much "magic"? Lan Di killed Iwao in 10 seconds, and Iwao trained like 30 years more than Ryo. How do you expect Ryo to beat Lan Di without magic?
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Twitter Q&A Round 2 with Yu coming later!

Someone ask him the most important unasked question so far:

"Why does Ryo have brown hair now?"

Development hasn't started. The brown hair was just as off as his face. These were just Kickstarter promos. Really wouldn't look too far into it.

I wasn't serious. :D

But i do find it strange, i mean it's just a colour why use the wrong one. :shock:
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What???! Mind = blown

I started playing Shenmue again and explored the house better (last time i did i was 13 lol), and look what i find in the residence, and in Fuku-san's room of all places! XD

by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jul 11, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Live on Nico Nico Douga 07/12

You japanese translators are just too awesome, thank you.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #35: New $4500 Reward - Name a Vendor

Thief wrote: It's likely not going to look intrusive at all. I'm guessing that most of this stuff you wouldn't even notice as being part of a kickstarter if you weren't already aware.

It's not gonna be intrusive because no one will pick that new reward, i can bet my balls on this.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New $4500 Reward: Name a Vendor

Makes sense, i mean the lucky hit board reward was such a huge success that naming a vendor for even more money has great chances to be a success. They are geniuses.

At this point all im gonna do is laugh.

ROFL
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The new trailer is bad ...

What other KS games had a trailer during the campaign showing some ingame graphics(even if just alpha builds)?

I recall Bloodstained and MN9 only having concept art...
by Shenhua-Nani?
Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Keep this in mind when watching the Kickstarter finish!

Agreed, and you actually just made me realize that the KS will end at 4AM here.... i obviously can't stay up for it, but how the hell will i be able to fall asleep tomorrow night? :-k
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter sets new record - LIVE REACTION

Well i did my part in last day promotion: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-p ... 4/72181005

If someone has a gamefaqs account please help me getting that thread sporadically bumped, as i'm quite busy today, cheers.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I cried like a little bitch last night...

I cried like a bastard when we reached 6m, this whole campaign went better than my wildest dreams.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do You Think We Met Enough Goals?

According to nico nico interview Baisha is where most of the new ideas Yu Suzuki has will be implemented, while the other villages will host "filler" content.

Basically we got:

1) main systems (rapport+skill tree)
2) full story events + innovative quests
3) advanced battle system
4) minimum guaranteed quantity of filler activities

Ofc not the perfect outcome, but like 65-70% of Yu's vision for the game, the only important stuff missing is the other battle improvements.

For something that was less than a dead dream 40 days ago i would say it was an amazing result.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

yugo wrote: HD Sailors

I would appreciate If you could stop with the useless posts, thank you.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

It's youtube comments guys...where the worst of the worst is written.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:50 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega puts Shenmue I main theme on iTunes

Starting to cash-in on the hype, about damn time. Now release the main thing
by Shenhua-Nani?
Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Phil Spencer (Xbox) talks about Shenmue 3

Keep choosing the "right" games Phil Spencer, the results are showing how good you've done.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PlayStation Experience & Shenmue

People should fucking stop bothering Biscay for everything and fucking use their brain. Shenmue 3 started production barely 3 months ago, of course nothing will be ready to be shown by fucking december 2015.

Let them work :/
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

I obviously agree with the outrage AJ and this update have caused but in the end, who cares?

Shenmue 3 has already gotten the vast majority of the money it could have gotten via crowdfunding, so this debacle won't have much impact. I mean even if the pp campaign will get like $200k from today to the end it closes, it would still not be even 3% of the total budget.

Maybe i'm too positive, but it's the way i see it.... if the game turns out great no one will remember this update.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue IV a possible reality at this point?

It's all in the hands of Yu, Shenmue 3 is the only chance we have for "global" recognition since it's the first Shenmue game on a popular system.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you think Shenmue 3 should keep its original graphics

Calm down, it's way too early to judge the game's feel and graphics.

And to answer the topic i would be ok with old Shenmue graphics in HD, but it's impossible.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Translation requests here!

Switch is invaluable.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Hype is rising!!!

I just wanted to say that it's amazing to come back here after some time, find all the latest info, and see the usual familiar "faces" that discuss/help/work for Shenmue 3, all driven by passion. Thank you guys
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So, what do you estimate is the budget of this game?

These days i've been wondering what the final budget for Shenmue 3 is, considering we more or less already got 99,9% of the crowfunding money we could.

So, a few facts:

- Total money from kickstarter was $6.333.295 millions

- Paypal money is now around $250k

- YS net secured other funding sources besides crowfunding money

Shenmue will be produced using both the funds raised from the Kickstarter and through other funding sources already secured by Ys Net Inc.

- Shibuya is helping with production and marketing (and publishing PC version) and Sony is helping with production, marketing and some publishing support (or maybe just the publishing support? info on KS page is a bit contradicting)

So, we got 6.333.295 from KS, let's say 2% of the money couldn't be processed for various reasons (just guessing the %, i cannot find an official average number), that reduces the money to 6.206.629.

Of that the KS page states 65-72% goes to game development, let's use 68.5% for the calc since it's the middle number, that puts the total going to the game at $4.251.541 millions.

Add the 250k from paypal and we have a total of $4.501.541 millions collected via crowfunding

So, the questions now are:

1) How much are the funds secured by YS net? the only thing that can help us guessing here is that they were ready to make the game with just $2m money from KS (1.370.000 after the other expenses).

2) What could be the minimum budget for a 3d game that Sony would let an independent dev make for PS4? if we subtract the minimum KS goal money from this total we should have the private funds secured by YS net.

3) Is Sony and Shibuya's involvement counted in the "private funds secured by YS net" or are there other investors?

4) What % of the total budget are usually the marketing and publishing costs?

Feel free to add your insight and guesses.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

I'm not expecting anything related to Shenmue at this E3, let's hope i'm wrong!
by Shenhua-Nani?
Mon May 09, 2016 10:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

$6.6 million aint' so bad. If $10 million was Yu Suzuki's pie-in-the-sky dream amount for Kickstarter funds, I don't think we've compromised too hard.

That said, a special anniversary $30 on the 3rd would be nice. We'd need to reach out beyond the Shenmue fanbase though.

The only thing is Yu Suzuki had planned stretch goals ???? way beyond 10M... can you imagine what they would have been? I could cry thinking about it.

Eh, Shenmue 3 is the game with whom we will rise from the grave, Shenmue 4 will be the game where Yu will be able to realize his full vision. For a series dead for more than a decade we couldn't have asked for more than that.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Fri May 27, 2016 12:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PART 2: Yu Suzuki Interview (May 9 Bessatsu Shonen Mag)

Thank you Switch, you are an asset for this community.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

I hope you guys don't get offended by this post, but wtf am i reading in this thread? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Did some of you really get angry because Sony gives a crap load of money to Kojima while Yu Suzuki needs kickstarter to make his game??? Well, then let me welcome you to the real world: Yu Suzuki (for as much as i respect him and love Shenmue to death) hasn't made a console game since fucking 2001 , while Hideo Kojima has basically been printing money for the last 20 years and has a HUGE cult following.

Of fucking course they are treated differently, if anything we should be grateful that Sony decided to give support and prime e3 time to a series dead for 15 years that almost no one cares about. That in itself it's a miracle because let's face it, without the e3 2015 exposure there's no way in hell we would have gotten 6.6m pledged on KS.

So, imo before complaining to Sony we all should not forget where we were mentally 12 months and 1 week ago.

No offence really, but some comments i read here are out of the world. ;-)
by Shenhua-Nani?
Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Peter wrote: December is going to change the entire complexion and opinion of Shenmue 3.

Holy shit
by Shenhua-Nani?
Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

I wasn't expecting anything until i saw today that the paypal page was acting strange....that tricked me :(

Edit: also, i don't understand how Cedric can make that time machine tweet when 1 year from the supposed release we still haven't got a single trailer. :-k
by Shenhua-Nani?
Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Fuck the haters and the negativity.

Merry Christmas Yu, make the best game you can.
by Shenhua-Nani?
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic