Search found 179 matches

Return

Re: What in the world happened with the KS today?

I know they are a pretty easy target. Hell, I am with you on a lot of points and do have my own feelings on the matter also.

But there's always a bigger picture here, and we have a reputation to uphold in regards to being here for Shenmue and Yu Suzuki as a community. We have ran Friday night into the ground and I have no doubts Awesome Japan will have been made aware of the feedback from everyone. But continuing to be negative about it will only keep the fire lit, and make it grow.

My advice is to bury it. We have had a classic moan about it, but nows the time to let them at least try and learn from it. We have just under 3 weeks left so let's see what happens.
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Moving on... the kickstarter is picking up a little, I see. Nearly 3 grand in 12 hours. Not quite the 500K some were predicting around here, but better than nothing I suppose. At this rate we're on track to raise another 114K by the end of the campaign. Sweet!
by ElephantStone
Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Were Awesome Japan aware of the Stretch Goals?

Cedric is a good guy. He will respond and do all he can. But he also will tell it how it is.
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

People will get their pay checks next week and we have #30onthe3rd next Friday too. Don't get all panicky just yet.

What upsets me most are the people who will only pledge or raise their pledge for better rewards. Considering Yu threw us a life line to get this game made yet they are pushing for rewards for their money sickens me. The only reward you need is Shenmue 3. F*ck everything else.
by Sonoshee
Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I can't see where that last line helps at all, why say it . I mean, it will only drive a negative feeling in others to have the same feeling. That's how people work, let's just try our best to reach the goals we want. Why not

It's plenty helpful. It's especially helpful for me so that I no longer get emotionally attached to a game that may or may not be shit. After a long line of years waiting - pretty much a decade in my case - I am coming to terms with the honest to God truth: that Shenmue is cursed. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. If the game turns out well, fine. That'll be nice. But at current trajectory, given every single bit of evidence thrown at the wall, it isn't. And I refuse - REFUSE - to be emotionally attached to a game I've been waiting a decade for that turns out to be shit.

Not one line of code has yet been written and you're already giving up on it. Shenmue isn't cursed, its a great videogame series that sold poorly but has a small dedicated fanbase.

If it was easy to make it rain and gather funds for Shenmue 3, we wouldn't have to wait 14 years for it. As it stands, Shenmue 3 is a reality and will end KS with around $5M plus Sony and Shibuya funds.

After KS, paypal will be open and we will see what we can do. Shenmue is no Castlevania or Megaman and will still outfund them.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The KS is a huge success and we shouldn't be discouraged

Logged back in after many years. :P

Only saw this great news today. I am sure many die hard shenmue fans who like me are not really gamers and don't follow E3 will still discover this little gem and contribute appropriately to their favorite game.
by Bellator
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking at your avatar, then reading your post, then looking back at your avatar just makes me think that you already know how it all turns out and that we're going to hate it, then spend the next fifty years of our lives campaigning for a Shenmue IV that we'll never get.
by MiTT3NZ
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Get Shibuya Productions to manage/absorb KS?

elmatto wrote: Well I wish I had your guys enthusiasm.
If i'm wrong I'll be elated.

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status ... 8877327360

[-o<

Biscay, in English wrote: Taking Charge.
by NeoShredder
Sun Jun 28, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

2 words - Yu Suzuki.

That's who's hands this project is in. With the original members of the Shenmue series to date. This will look like a Shenmue game. Feel like a Shenmue game. Sound like a Shenmue game. Have environments like a Shenmue game.

I don't give a shit what the final amount is, the money will come from somewhere. The litmus test of the Kickstarter has been successful, with all sorts of records set once again by the franchise. We are all gonna set Shenmue 3, with boxes of Shenmue goodies delivered to our door to boot. Id day it's a safe assumption that Sega will want to grab the easy money and release Shenmue and Shenmue HD in 2016. I'd hazard a guess it's already been green lit. Why wouldn't it?? Sega have money there waiting to be given to them!

It's a fucking fantastic time to be a Shenmue fan, the best time ever! From Kikizo articles, to darkness. From "we'll see" and "I think Sega will let me make it". From photos of Suzuki looking tired and dejected, to photos of forklifts and him walking onto the Sony stage to the fanfare of Sedge Tree. Fuck "we only made 8.5k", and "ooohhh well Bloodstained....". Fuck some goober acting a pillock on camera for an hour!

Sorry for the language but rant over!

It's Shenmue 3!!!!!
by Peter
Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Others that are upping their Pledge on the third?

I've already pledged $300 but today I won $1,000 on a scratch ticket!! I'm gonna pledge a lot of it on the third. Maybe $700 to bring my total contribution to $1000!! Today is a good day
by JaySw34
Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter update #19: When Shenmue Got its Name

Its not meant to. It's meant to be a bonus for those who have pledged and keep them informed of how the progress is going and if development is on track.
by SheepheadCG
Tue Jun 30, 2015 7:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Big update to the Kickstarter coming today!

It could be anything. It's not a big update, it's an interesting one.

Thank Christ I finish work today for 3 days. Gonna be up all night with the GT Shenmue II stream anyways, so gonna be F5'ing the absolute shit outta the KS page.
by Peter
Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Hmm, after reading the update, it seems as though all of the tiers above $1k get this reward included, which is a little disappointing to hear since i've got one of the $1k grab bag rewards at the moment, and obviously this ends up being the only premium tier not to include this as a reward then. So for me to get the Corey Marshall voice message, I would either need to spend an additional $1k, and end up with 2 lots of the $500 rewards :( or swap from one tier to the other.
Yea you're right James but then if they gave it to the people on the 1k grab bag reward also there wouldn't be any justification in making it a 1k rewards itself without would it...

Does seem a bit silly though- message them maybe and say can those in the 1k grab bag tier not be given the option of maybe increasing to 1.2k or something to get the Corey message also.
by joka
Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: FIX THE KICKSTARTER!!! Awesome Japan/Suzuki/Shibuya

We all know how slow the Kickstarter is going and how it could be improved and whatnot. Sorry but we've had this too many times in the last 10 days or so and there isn't really anything new that can be said about it.
by BlueMue
Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 - soon to be 2nd most funded game Kickstarter

I've already posted this in the Kickstater's comments but it's an interesting bit of trivia that's worth mentioning here as well. I just thought I'd remind everyone of this page: https://www.kickstarter.com/discover/most-funded

It's a list of the all-time most funded campaigns on Kickstarter. With 23 days to go Shenmue 3 already ranks as the 13th most funded campaign of all time. A great achievement by all who are supporting this campaign.

To put things further in perspective, Shenmue 3 is close to overtaking most of the remaining video game Kickstarters. At 3.9 million we beat Mighty No. 9. At 4 million we beat Project Eternity. At 4.2 million we beat Torment: Tides of Numenera. Then Shenmue 3 becomes the 2nd most funded video game Kickstarter ever.

These aren't far off goals, overtaking these three games is well within reach. Just another $600,000 to go. So, spread the word, these symbolic victories might just generate more positive press for Shenmue 3.
by Kintor
Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 - soon to be 2nd most funded game Kickstarter

Well, thanks to today's boost Shenmue 3 has just passed Mighty No. 9. to become the 4th most funded video game Kickstarter ever.

Next target - Project Eternity.
by Kintor
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Crying.... yep. Just like i was when Shenmue 3 was announced.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Shenmue%203%20dinner_zpsnssnyjmg.png

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_2015-07-03-17-11-23_zpsfisfrbbt.png

I'M GOING TO MEET YU SUZUKI IN MONACO!! FUCK!!
by Peter
Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

It's limited to 5 people lol. People need to calm down. Its probably going to be some no named NPC that you see once, or don't even notice in a Shenmue 1 like 70 man battle royal in the base that Yu said we are going to infiltrate. Yu isn't going to do something that will ruin his vision guys, have some faith please :P
by SheepheadCG
Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Kickstarter Just Hit $4 Million!

Woo! =D>

- $4 million reached - stretch goal: Baisha Village Expanded & 5x Mini Games
(isn't that between $75-100,000 today?)

http://i.imgur.com/Vys7shW.png

Recap:

- 5 new reward tiers
- PS4 physical copy added
- 30onthe3rd boost

What an awesome, solid day for Shenmue!
(I also noticed AwesomeJapan added an apology for last weeks Twitch mess).

...But no time to breathe:

- Next step is $5 million, we need that character system that Yu really wants implemented
- Paypal option (still 14 days to go, hopefully they'll add this after the KS is over)
- Like always, keep pushing #SaveShenmue and #10milliontoShenmue3 every day
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: *sigh* Kotaku frontpage. Slow news day.

Let's not even give that website the dignity of a post on this forum.

Have you seen the state of the bloke who wrote that article? ...and he has the cheek to start discussing appearances?! Spare me!!

Do not give this moron the time of day.. Do not visit that website and let's forget he ever posted such an utterly pointless article; it's as utterly trivial as he is.
by Luke_09
Fri Jul 03, 2015 5:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: My ugly face on a Lucky Hit board

Shenmue III is real. I would not care if there was a 10 minute goatse.
by shredingskin
Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

30 on the 3rd: A Roaring Success

I think this was the best day this community has ever seen. What a display of discipline, effort, and enthusiasm.

1. 335,960 dollars in one day.
2. 1276 new backers in one day.
3. Twice as many Kickstarter comments as any previous day.
4. Love from Kavinsky.
5. Peter's dreams of meeting Suzuki came true.
6. Kotaku tried to go negative, but their own news editor called the writer out for it in the comments. Upbeat rebuttals dominated the comment section. The tide of public opinion has turned.
7. Apologies from Awesome Japan and much better handling of everything today. Cedric Biscay heard us, and continues to engage with the community.
8. Great new tiers. Limited ones are selling out. Physical PS4 copy was a game-changer.
9. Unprecedented noise made on Twitter.
10. On the verge (only about 10,000 left, will make by mid-morning on the west coast) of overtaking Torment as the 2nd most funded Kickstarter game ever made.
11. Great Q&A with Yu.
12. Have had bunch of people saying to me on GAF today that even though they haven't played Shenmue, the fan passion has inspired them to pledge for the game.

You are all incredible. This is an amazing moment.
by Erevador
Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Such wonderful news, I know I haven't been here long but I can tell just how passionate you are for the series and it sounds like you really deserve it Peter :) It's sounds like you have a journey ahead of you and I'm sure it will be magical :)
by TheThirdComing
Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

$20,000 pledge for the future of our Guilin school.

http://i.imgur.com/PZDaNhg.jpg

Hey everyone, my brother and I decided to contribute $20,000 for the making of Shenmue III. We spent many hours thinking about whether this is a good or bad decision. We spent $10,000 in 2012 to get our school off the ground and that went a long way. Because of our initial $10,000 pledge, the school received an amazing amount of attention in China, social media and gaming websites. I'll reiterate, We are not wealthy! This was a hard decision. We could have given $20,000 directly to building the school and it's programs but we feel that this pledge will lead to more exposure and support than what we could do through other mediums.

For those who don't know our school yet. We are called The "V.E.T. Program" (Volunteer English Teacher). You can find us on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VolunteerEnglishTeacher?fref=ts&ref=br_tf We teach children and young adults English to help in their educational and career pursuits. Many of these kids come from small villages in the Guilin area and may not have an opportunity to learn elsewhere. You can go to the "about" section on the Facebook page to learn more.

We really need help in reaching our goals. We would love for you to like us on Facebook. We will eventually look outside ourselves and setup a way for donations to be made but we didn't want to distract from the Kick Starter or be overbearing donation hunters.

We decided to make the second $10,000 pledge a character in the game. We don't want to be a character attacking Ryo though. We are going to try and ask Yu Suzuki to let us have one of our Volunteer Chinese teaching assistants be a character in one of the villages. They deserve to be recognized for their hard work. They are volunteers and many of them come from poor rice farms.

We are also hoping that since we will be listed in the credits as a special sponsor that it can have our school with a logo and a website rather than our names.

I don't think any of this would be asking too much. I think it would help get attention to the school. We would love any assistance in helping us achieve this. We also would love to have Yu Suzuki come to the school some day but we won't don't want to be greedy.

Please, help our little school!
http://i.imgur.com/GS7Iwrq.jpg
by wdrpgwd
Fri Jul 03, 2015 10:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #23 - PS4 physical copy & New reward tiers add

I just donated my 60$ for the ps4 copy; and i noticed in the comments that 2 backers were trolling 10k each, and sirs here is my humble question:
WHY IN THE HOLY FUCK you pledge if you plan on pulling right at the same time it just for your fun? I know there is always mischiebous little rascals and its natural in the internet, but man this really hits the line! :evil: :evil:
What do you think?
by Fei Fong Wong
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another 64 x $1,500 "I AM SHENMUE" pledges available!

If it were me, I would have changed it slightly that it would have just been a hotel guest book, with a picture, the persons name, and also a comments box.

That way you could pack how many people you wanted in there, and have a page reference of all the guests, say, in alphabetical order for ease of reference.

I think that's a fantastic idea. You should forward it to YSnet because it may give Yu the idea.

Honestly my feeling is why wouldn't they?? We keep complaining that they weren't handling the kickstarter right, that they're not raising enough money and not making smart decisions; and then they add a pledge that sells out in 24h and decide to add more to it and we complain again....
It's smart business and I'm sure they can find a way to put 60 more pictures in the station, put them in the stalls for all I care :rotflmao:
by Drakul
Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter:Final value and overall success assessment

Exposure is not conference. This includes medias, newspapers, hype, social networks etc.

in which case Bloodstained had more coverage, since their KS's campaign was ran correctly. not entirely sure what point your trying to make when Shenmue isn't far off backers wise... if 50,000 + isn't enough, neither is 64,867.. which we know.. is enough, since millions would gobble up a new Castlevania.
by RiGoRmOrTiS
Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm sure many people have heard of the Shenmue kickstarter, but how many have actually played Shenmue?

I know I wouldn't back a game that has such a strong emphasis on the story, missing the first two installments and being unable to play them for a reasonable price. Just as I wouldn't read a book starting at chapter 7 or a movie 45 minutes in.

I also think it must be quite a hassle for Japanese fans to navigate through a non-Japanese website in order to donate. I may be wrong, but I have a strong feeling that for most it's just too hard. So basically 50,000 fans showing up from mainly Europe/USA after all these years is amazing.

I'm surprised how well the KS is doing considering all of this and the amateurish work AJ is delivering.
by Dragon St.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

One has to be delusional to think Shenmue III KS results are somehow "disappointing".

Its a 14 years old abandoned niche IP, making his way to be the most funded KS game ever versus giants like Castlevania and Megaman.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Another 64 x $1,500 "I AM SHENMUE" pledges available!

Think I'll buy one.
<-----May as well put my beautiful mug everywhere all over Shenmue.
by Henry Spencer
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hype Is Real

mjq jazz bar wrote: Image

I don't understand how someone with so much to stay and who clearly thinks he's really smart has no idea what he's talking about.

TBH I don't understand what he was trying to say in his last sentence. lol
by sand4fish
Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Hype Is Real

http://i.imgur.com/Z1eAo8W.png
http://www.engadget.com/2015/07/04/shenmue-3-physical-ps4-copy/

The interest that this kickstarter has generated is just incredible. It must make Suzuki's search for additional funding so much easier now. This is already a shining victory even if we don't reach any more stretch goals at this point.
by Dragon St.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ICO/ShadowoftheColossus-like* opened Sony's E3.

And that makes the kickstarter even more disappointing. One of the most famous vaporware ever almost beaten by semi new-IP which can't rely directly on their prestigious licence.

So yes, seeing 2.5% players backing from those who have played Shenmue has something disturbing.

At this point, I wonder if you are just trolling me.
Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS Update #26 - Fan appreciation

Never expected an Iranian to be one of the biggest Shenmue fans, wonder if he first played the game in Iran? I don't remember seeing any Dreamcasts there, PlayStation and Mega Drives were king when I spent summers in Tehran and Isfahan. Hope he smiles seeing an Iranian name on the Choubu Inn register ;)
by Amir
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Have you made a second Kickstarter account?

I've done $1500 on one account, and $80 on another. The second account started at $30 for $30 on the 3rd lol, then it went to $60 for the physical PS4...cause I want to have both physical versions (PC/PS4), then today i've decided that I need the phone card for both versions of the game, just incase I prefer playing on one platform more than the other.

As for the $800 technique scroll, they need to just give it to everyone above $800 imo, since we're all patreons at that amount of money lol, i'm not asking for the Chinese names in the temples, that is specific to that reward, but to alienate a unique technique scroll - regardless of what we currently know about technique scrolls - slightly lets people down who have pledged more.
by James Brown
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is "$10 on the 10th" a thing? Are we doing this?

Don't believe it will work. Most will be maxed out already (after the very successful 3rd) and others will want to wait for the final 48 hours. The 3rd was brilliant for having it's history as Shenmue day and being exactly mid-campaign.

Now it's really up to AJ. They have delivered in bringing some cool rewards for every range. Now it's time to bring some more exiting content. I'm happy to see Cedric retweeted about someone asking for the new video. That can bring in some new blood.
by Dragon St.
Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 2 New Rewards @ $1200 and @ $1400

They seem to be losing the plot it seems and are fixated on the success of the $1500 tier...

..This isn't helpful for the KS..

Well I upped again from $800 to $1200 so something's working :P

If the $1500 included the $1200 then I'd probably stretch to that, too, tweeted Cedric and @Shenmue_3 about it a few times but no response.
by Amir
Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: We have time: Let's all commit to & promote a 7/15 spike

maybe we should start tweeting her. get shenmue 500k to help.

she has 2.5 millions followers.
by johnvivant
Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yo Videogames/Maximilian Dood

Toward the beginning of the campaign I sent an email to the channels Maximillian Dood/Yo Videogames asking for their support.

Matt just uploaded:
phpBB [video]
by LucBu
Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

We are currently $475,000 from the figure i believe in my head would make this a roaring success, so for me, its awesome! In fact, with just over a week left, beating Bloodstained for the title and capping out at $6 million would make me the happiest i could have ever been with this project.
by Peter
Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Im not calling Yu Suzuki a liar.....

No, first off its impossible to know exactly how much the game will cost to that extend. Especially if you are out of the game for fourteen years.

$10M for a current gen open world game is the bare minimum and we (shenmue fans and YS) will reach that goal or more.

Kickstarter is exactly what it means, the start of the project. Now that Shenmue 3 already has $5M, it will be easier to build upon that.
Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Communicating through Sega execs Facebook

Please don't tell me you're thinking of messaging them non-stop for Shenmue 1/2 HD? ](*,)
What's the alternative?

Having common sense and basic decency as we wait rather than not treating the execs like people without any boundaries. Given the record numbers for Shenmue III KS, and it being slated as potentially becoming the largest funded game Kickstarter ever, as well as rising Shenmue 1/2 costs, messaging them would be foolish and probably even hurt our efforts. Our efforts should be spent backing the KS and making it a success, not hounding Facebook execs online and invading their privacy and acting like morons.
In general, not to these execs. More about down the road, post-Kickstarter.

Tweeting Sega, Cedric, or that one third party relation Sony guy that you would like Shenmue 1/2 HD is NOT the same thing as messaging a businessman's - and likely Yu's friend - personal Facebook.
by Himuro
Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: DREAMS DO COME TRUE!!

Cannot control my hype. My friend called to my work earlier and showed me the £6000 cheque which more or less confirms it! I will be meeting Yu in Monaco in February!!!
by Peter
Thu Jul 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

New to Shenmue

Hi! I am totally new to Shenmue but I loved everything I have read about it so far. I recently supported Shenmue III and I can't wait to play it!

I am wondering how I in the best/easiest way can get the backstory information I need to be able to enjoy Shenmue III fully? Should I watch all the cut scenes from the first game on YouTube (does it exists for Shenmue II as well?), or what should I do to get to know all the story of the game I need up to Shenmue III?

I have never really jumped into a game without being there from the start, so I am not really sure how to do it the best/easiest way and would like some help.

Sorry if this isn't the right sub-forum for my question.
by Aenae
Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter closing in on 4.5 million!

I think it's interesting to see what The Bard's Tale IV is doing as a reference point. That videogame is a sequel as well and it's now entering it's final days now.

3 days left and no surge at the end

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/inxile/the-bards-tale-iv/

In their final 12 hours now, no surge at all. It further proves that we have no guarantees at all concerning a surge for Shenmue in the last 48 hours. Beating the Bloodstained record is going to be very hard.
by Dragon St.
Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic