Search found 179 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III Kickstarter marketing is fucking terrible.

At this point, I'm worried about the game in general.

For example, they said there's an AMA at 9:30 PST. They did not say whether it was PM or AM. Apparently it's PM.

PM is really bad. We need this during the day time when most people are awake in the west. That means he's literally doing an AMA at 11:30 PM my time and 12:30 AM on the east coast. Even worse, it'll take place 5 AM in England. I'm really starting to get worried about this game and this marketing, because it really feels like Yu is stubborn and dead set on doing things his way to an extreme fault, even going as far as doing an AMA in the middle of the night while trying to cater to western players. AMA's are supposed to be great for information and exposure, you won't be getting great exposure doing this thing in the middle of the damn night, Yu. Why in the world did he go back to Japan? So soon and during E3 of all times? Why didn't the Kickstarter page reveal whether it was AM or PM? This game is going to be a massive bomb at this rate, because the communication to the fans and potential fans feels like it was done by someone completely out of touch and has no idea what they are doing.

Didn't take long for someone like this to pop up.
by Kenny
Fri Jun 19, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Legit concerns you have for Shenmue 3

I'll be honest, after 13 years i wouldn't have cared if the game was made for mobile only.

I'll take whatever they make
by Shenhua-Nani?
Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki Gameinformer Interview

The gripping tale of Ryo Hazuki’s quest for vengeance captivated Dreamcast audiences when it released to widespread critical acclaim in 2000. Though Yu Suzuki’s masterpiece was beloved by fans, the astounding cost of its first two entries and poor sales of Shenmue II drove Sega to cancel the third game, leaving Suzuki’s saga without resolution.

Though the series was abandoned by Sega and written off as an impossibility for over a decade, the fan base has been unrelenting in its requests for the series to continue. Both Suzuki and Sega have been inundated by fan requests for Shenmue III, with online campaigns comprised of the most die-hard fans continuing to push forward through petitions and social media accounts.

Those fans were vindicated this week, when Shenmue III’s Kickstarter campaign not only grabbed valuable stage time on Sony’s E3 press conference for its reveal, but also went on to attract so much traffic that Kickstarter’s site crashed. With the Kickstarter campaign reaching its goal of $2 million in record time and Sony providing further funding, Shenmue III is finally a reality.

The reserved nature of Yu Suzuki did little to hide his passion and excitement for this project. With each question I asked, the legendary developer spoke quickly, smiled often, and held the composure of a man whose dream was finally coming true. During our conversation, we covered a variety of topics ranging from Sega’s role in Shenmue III to how the franchise remains relevant so long after it was thought lost forever.

Game Informer: It’s been 14 years since the last game. Why is now the right time for Shenmue to return?

Yu Suzuki: To make a game like Shenmue, obviously the question is how to get the funding to make a game like that and you know, it’s been really hard – I just couldn’t find a way to get it together. But three years ago, I learned of Kickstarter and I met some people who have done Kickstarter before and with all their help, we decided to put this Kickstarter together. With what we managed to fund on that site, as well as with the other funding sources my company, Ys Net, has procured, I believe now is the time that we can make Shenmue III.

Is it frustrating to have to wait so long to finally realize this project?

Pretty much everywhere I go, it’s always “Make Shenmue III! Make Shenmue III!” The reaction is so strong from the fans that I’ve always been looking at how I can make Shenmue III. These past years, it was very stressful, because I couldn’t make it. More than that, I couldn’t give the fans what they wanted. That was probably the worst part: I couldn’t answer their calls that they were sending out for me. Now that the project has started – lots of relief there.

Now that the announcement of the game is out there, was there one moment that was the biggest relief of all?

It was probably at the Sony press conference when I was waiting in line for Shenmue III to be announced. Adam [Boyes, VP of publisher and developer relations at PlayStation] was up on stage talking about something, then I saw that the Shenmue III promotion video was on and then all of a sudden there was this big well from the audience and this big noise that came from them. That was the time that I felt most relieved. Before that, it was really big titles like Destiny – everything before that was a big title – and I was kind of worried about how Shenmue III would shape up to these guys, but once the song came on, the rouse came from the audience. I knew it was then.

Were you surprised by how fast the Kickstarter goal was reached?

The thing that really surprised me first about the Kickstarter was the crash that happened. Kickstarter broke – that was a big surprise. I couldn’t believe that! The second one was how fast it went to $1 million. Apparently, it is the fastest game or entertainment project on Kickstarter to reach that number.

The first two Shenmue games were published by Sega. Does Sega have any involvement with Shenmue III?

So, YS Net received the licensing rights from Sega. Of course, the original properties are still licensed with Sega. This time, they’re allowing us to use it and allowing us to use the licensing rights. They also gave us a lot of resources from [Shenmue] I and II to help us with this project. They’ve been very happy to see Shenmue III being made and we have a very good relationship.

A big part of the original Shenmue games were the Sega Easter eggs, such as the capsule toys and playing Sega games in the arcades. Is there any possibility that those will appear in this game even though those licenses belong to Sega?

There are some things I can use and there are some things I can’t use. It’s kind of depending on further talks with Sega. I think there’s going to be a lot of small details that we’re going to have to speak with them on as we go along.

The challenging part, at least in the United States, is that Shenmue came out on Sega Dreamcast, Shenmue II came out on Xbox, and Shenmue III is coming to PlayStation 4 and PC, making it difficult for many fans to experience the first two games since they’re on separate platforms. Are there any plans to bring Shenmue I and Shenmue II to modern platforms?

If you have that question, it’s better that you ask Sega because they hold the rights to those. Those are their properties and I'm not in a position to talk about that, but I’m thinking about asking them!

Shenmue was a very revolutionary and influential game when it was released on Dreamcast. A lot has changed in the games industry since then. How does the team work to make a game just as revolutionary so long after the original?

It’s all about the new challenges with me, and I definitely want to try these new things. Of course, it’s going to come down to the funding and how much we’re going to be able to spend on Shenmue III, but if we get to that point, I believe it will be just as revolutionary as the ones before.

As we emerged from the small room where our conversation took place, a handful of Shenmue fans eagerly greeted Suzuki. Despite spending the majority of his day in that room, fielding questions from members of the media, Suzuki stopped to greet those fans, take pictures, and sign autographs. As we left, I heard the unmistakable sound of pure joy that follows a monumental moment such as what that encounter meant to those fans. It may have been 14 years since Shenmue II launched on the Dreamcast in Japan, and 13 since its release on the Xbox in the U.S., but through the hurdles, struggles, and disappointments taking place over the past decade and a half, the enduring passion of the Shenmue fan base has kept Suzuki’s dream alive.

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/06/19/yu-suzuki-shenmue-iii-interview-e3-2015.aspx?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
by Riku Rose
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Sorry. I am freaking out because I want this kickstarter to do well and they making me pull my hair out over here.
by Himuro
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

I was in shock for two days after the reveal at E3. Couldn't believe it. It starts to sink in. I finished Shenmue II again tonight, just to remind myself of the magic.

Shenmue III - hit me. I've pledged $185 now. Hit me.
by Ruffles
Fri Jun 19, 2015 1:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Copied from E3 announcement thread.

Please don t get so worked up people. Calm down.

We have to think of where we re coming from. 2 weeks ago there was no Shenmue III.

I agree the campaign could be better with its communication and other things.

BUT:

- It is the beginning and we don t know what they planned for the future of the kickstarter.

- Please send in private message (or not but it is better) your worries, ideas, etc...

- We need to be together in this and HELP in any way we can. To be constructive.

- Yu Suzuki and his team should have had a pretty busy timetable for the last 3 days. After they come back, be sure they won t be spoiled withbullshits and 100% focused on Shenmue III with videos, informations, interviews etc...

Don t get me wrong, I m not a blindy optimistic person but shit happens they are aware of what could have been better and that better than us and will think of it and improve if they need to.

With YOUR HELP it will be 110% better.
by Shenmuehua
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

I'm building a list of stretch goals to send to Yu and Ys Net to help improve Shenmue III's Kickstarter funding. Here they are:

Stretch Goal Suggestions
Feature Extra: Drive vehicles
Feature Extra: Customize Clothes
Feature Extra: Customize Room

While these may make sense in most open world games now, do we really want resources going to something trivial like Ryo changing clothes and driving vehicles? If we were talking about a multimillion dollar AAA game, sure throw it in. But we're lucky we're getting a third game. I'd much rather they put their efforts and money toward story-driven elements.
by elfshadowreaper
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 Kickstarter announced at E3 2015!

Please don t get so worked up people. Calm down.

We have to think of where we re coming from. 2 weeks ago there was no Shenmue III.

I agree the campaign could be better with its communication and other things.

BUT:

- It is the beginning and we don t know what they planned for the future of the kickstarter.

- Please send in private message (or not but it is better) your worries, ideas, etc...

- We need to be together in this and HELP in any way we can. To be constructive.

- Yu Suzuki and his team should have had a pretty busy timetable for the last 3 days. After they come back, be sure they won t be spoiled withbullshits and 100% focused on Shenmue III with videos, informations, interviews etc...

Don t get me wrong, I m not a blindy optimistic person but shit happens they are aware of what could have been better and that better than us and will think of it and improve if they need to.

With YOUR HELP it will be 110% better.
by Shenmuehua
Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

How is the the Kickstarter campaign able to create items (such as the $3000 jackets) to give to pledges if they have no money themselves? I think there is more backing than we think, but it's really a case of being patient until they actually tell us the overall budget. We probably won't hear anything until into August after the KS has finished. We all need to calm down a bit and stop getting all worked up. We've been patient for 15 years, I think we can be a little longer.

No items were created. The rewards are yet to be set into production (estimate delivery 2017). But I do agree with you that we have to tone down the negativity, as panic will turn off potential pledgers (members of this forum and guests).

I made the thread.

Maybe you should consider modifying the title of this topic. I agree with you with a lot of your points, and I can see you pouring your passion into the cause but we have to keep ourselves level headed here. If we fans do not believe this campaign will work out in the end, the doubters out there sure won't.

Think about this. The marketing and Kickstarter team sure is not the best out there (I even bitched about it), but they do have redeeming qualities. They have a comment section which ACTUALLY listen to the fans, as they have been modifying the campaign page almost daily (ie Inclusion of more stretch goals and more reward tiers). And on the plus side, Yu Suzuki is going to answer to us live on Reddit in the end, even if the timing is not the most convenient to everyone.

So we would be better off holding on to the criticisms for the appropriate moment (as in the Kickstarter comment section of the Kickstarter and the Reddit tonight). In the end maybe we should all think of this entire thing as "PERFECTION IN PROGRESS", just like the Shenmue games!
by sand4fish
Fri Jun 19, 2015 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki - Reddit AMA Today 21:30 PST / 05.30 GMT

Amir wrote: $5 million is a certainty, but 10... I think we'll end up around 7 or 8, but hope I'm wrong!

If they enable Paypal donations it will get to 10 million.
by Himuro
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hashtag Twitter Campaign to Get Shenmue 3 to $10M

Great idea!

Nice to see members of this forum actively doing something to help promote the fact this KickStarter needs every penny it can get and to highlight that most of the funding will be coming from KickStarter.

How do you think we can try to combat this misunderstanding? It seems to be that all of the hardcore Shenmue fans know about it, but we need to get the message out to the masses and to the more casual shenmue fans / first-time players.

I was thinking about trying to contact gaming websites to see if they can try to correct themselves on what they've said? A lot of people are making a lot of assumptions purely because Sony said they would be 'getting behind Yu Suzuki'

As a big Shenmue fan myself, it's so frustrating to see the KickStarter total currently stalling and to feel powerless to change that!
by Luke_09
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:40 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10 million

Shenmue has nothing cool going for it for new fans...Trailer sucked....They havn't shown the cool concepts of a life simulator, they havn't shown things that push the boundaries for games..

That's because Shenmue 3 isn't for new fans nor will it push the boundaries of games. Games have moved on in 14 years.

I'm sorry, but it will remain a niche game for niche audiences. And frankly, that's what I want. I want the game to be deep in Eastern culture, I want a game that allows me to partake in mundane and bizarre acts, like feeding kittens, wandering the streets (or countryside), engaging in random conversations with NPCs, collecting toy capsules, experiencing different weather transitions, having occasional fights with a deep combat mechanic etc.

If Shenmue was to appeal to anybody else but us, it would need to be Westernised, have loads more action, look like Skyrim and have a combat system that rips off the Batman Arkham series.
by Reprise
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think some people, for whatever reason, expected more. They thought that it would make millions and millions on kickstarter and the whole world would be throwing cash at it. So, now it's slowing down (despite being one of the most successful kickstarters of all time), those people are looking for something and someone to blame, e.g. "they're marketing it all wrong", "the advertising sucks", "there should be better reward tiers", "they should have asked for more money" etc.

I don't really get this line of thinking and I don't want to start any arguments, but it sounds really whiny and ungrateful to me.
by Reprise
Sat Jun 20, 2015 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Dragon Light wrote: How can a legend of a game Shenmue be doing this poorly?

Yeah beating a world record, making kickstarter go down and doing better than any other video game kickstarter out there so far really is a shit result.
by south carmain
Sat Jun 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't forget people that most pay-days are at the end of the month; the kickstarter started in the middle of the month with e3 on the 15th- that's why the $30-on-the-3rd campaign might be very important, for newcomers and people to upgrade pledges
by NeoShredder
Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Spread this Escapist article - Understanding Sony's Role

Yes it is the same Awesome Japan. The Kickstarter isn't over, they can still make up for it, but I wish there was a way for the fanbase to get directly in touch with them.
by Doom_Infinite
Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE 3 ANNOUNCED FOR PS4 KICKSTARTER (INFORMATION INS

Im going to contribute and keep promoting the kickstarter, but tbh guys I dont think we have anything to worry about. I think whatever the fans dont contribute, sony, or some other able investor will pick up the rest of the slack and let Yu create the game that everyone and the hard core fans have been waiting for. I just dont see this game coming out half assed or half budgeted. A shit ton of people donated during the first few days and im expecting the last few days to be similar, I think the procrastinators will come out more once it gets closer to the dead line, im really not too worried about it, everything is going to be fine, they'll find a way.
by AnimeGamer183
Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Tweets New KS Tiers/Goals Coming Soon + First S3 Artw

Being an NPC would be awesome.

Just done the survey although a little disappointed it wasn't a better update....
by spinksy
Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 31.000 in 3 days....

I totally see your point. Every one of us would have preferred Sony or another big publisher to straight up foot the bill for the game without us having to go through Kickstarter. But please keep in mind that this is very likely to be our last shot. This is probably the last chance Shenmue will ever get.

A lot of Shenmue fans would also be willing to contribute like a montly $30 to Shenmue in order to at least ensure some steady influx of cash for Ys during the next two to three years, while developing S3. I think Ys will establish that option through Paypal sooner or later.

Especially since Ys probably won't be putting out any other games during that time span and don't have a lot of other sources of income, it will be a hell of an uphill battle they will have to fight. If we really want to see the saga concluded some day we will have to put in all we can. The only way to ever have a big publisher fund another Shenmue game is to make S3 the best we can and make it successful. If S3 turns out to make a good profit, Sega or Sony might very well jump in and fund number 4.

But for now, that's up to us because right now, the sad reality is that no publisher on this planet believes in the franchise enough to fully fund a game, even if Sony believes in it enough to give the Kickstarter some prime time at E3.
by Hyo Razuki
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10,000,000

Hitting 10 million would be great. We all know it would improve the game. But if we hit 10 then it will be all about hitting 12 then 14 and so on.. the game would always be better with the more money it has.
So frankly, trust more in the development team, the tons of skill and experience they already have and take peace in that. I think we will get a good game regardless.

In saying that though, dont be complacent either. If you can muster raising your pledge then you know A. You are helping development and B. You get more collectables. Win win!

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
by Axm
Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: $10,000,000

Sadly this campaign has experienced a lot of hurdles since it launched which cumulatively have probably resulted in at least a 25% decrease in potential backers. These include very poor management of the KS page, tons of misinformation about funding, and the fact that still a lot of people aren't aware Shenmue 3 was even announced. Ys Net is really going to have to step up their game if we are to reach 10-million by the end of the Kickstarter, which is still possible depending on what they decide to do from here on out.

One thing that a lot of people seem to be forgetting is that KS campaigns like this generate a huge portion of their overall funding in the last 48-hours of the campaign, sometimes as much as 30%. If we can get up to 5-million by the second to last day, I can see us ending the KS around 7-million, which presumably will be enough to get a lot of extra features crammed into the game.

I sincerely hope that Yu sets up paypal for donations after the campaign as well because I definitely would contribute monthly to it.
by bikingjehuty
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I understand your points guys and I pretty agree with some/all of them...

But, please, remember where we are coming from... Shenmue III is now a reality!

Like the world, nothing is perfect and things could have been greatly managed....

BUT let s get positive, not blind, but positive and fight until the kickstarter is over. Maybe for a reason things can flip around and create some huge hype on Shenmue III again.

We are gonna get it, we fought during years for that and maybe some people more than me so let s believe in it.

I know the money is important but what we want, in the end, is Shenmue III so lets focus on that and money will gather around the project.
by Shenmuehua
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Guys, this is really good numbers to the game. You keep comparing it to Bloodstained, but Bloodstained have much more fans. Who the hell never played Castlevania? And Shenmue is going very well to beat Bloodstained record. You just expect too much, kickstarter for videogame cant get 10m - its obvious and its not awesome japan problem. Just game is not really as popular as you may expect. Look, first pebble watches was around 10m and every major magazine give ads for them, articles was all over the place. And more then that - its a real product, not videogame. So 10m is impossible, but 5-6m will be a really good result for Shenmue.
by JohnBlack
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Know is going to ruin SH3

I used to quite like these guys, they do a podcast called The Patch, which i've been listening to every week whilst working, but lost a lot of respect now, left this comment for them:

I listen to The Patch whilst working every Thursday, but really lost a lot of respect for these guys. Obviously i'm a massive Shenmue fan and biased, but even so, if this is just a 'let us know what you think in the comments below' discussion type of video, why label it so poorly and use the word Scam, and talk about Scam, and say Scam...especially when your own facts about Sony's involvement are incorrect. I don't understand why if you are interested in the game, are a fan of the first 2 and would be excited about a third and buy it in a shop, would you not spend $29 now...which is already rediculously cheap for a AAA game, essentially preordering it to help make it a better experience when it is actually released? Seems crazy to me.
by James Brown
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

this is not looking good at all. might not even break 5 million. it is now doing a lot worse on daily average than bloodstained did at the time. I can't believe how poorly yu suzuki is running his "dream" on kickstarter :(

Not looking good? He asked for two million and he'll probably reach more than double of that amount...
As I've stated on the Shenmue Kickstarter Estimation thread:

In my opinion it will get a little more than $4M and way less than $5M... Why do I say this? Because Shenmue is a special project on Kickstarter, as it's basically made for the fans, and almost all the fans already donated.

Some other projects have a surge at the beginning and another one at the end, but Shenmue had an huge surge at the beginning (all the fans donated), but at the end who is it going to donate, as almost all the fans will have already done so?

One has to understand that Shenmue III is a niche product. Outside of the fan base (like us), who is it going to be interested on playing it? You need to play both Shenmue I and II in order to get the full grasp of the story, and nowadays no one is going to pick it up from the third installment.

Regards.

And, by looks of it, my estimations were fairly accurate.
It's never going to make 10 million USD on Kickstater , and, to be frank, I really don't understand why Yu only asked for 2 million when, by his own admission, he needs at least 10 million to make his vision of the game come true...

Regards.
by fumega
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

These figures don't look good - IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND KICKSTARTER at all.

Let's take the most successful game ever - Bloodstained. It also stalled after 2 or 3 very promising first days look looked pretty much like Shenmue now when it suddenly brought in another 1.5 million in the last 3 days. It's usually like this - that in the last 72 hours of a project many people jump the bandwagon who were undecided or had to save money and jump this train in the last minute.

Just check out the bllodstained process and compare with the Shenmue 3 data...

http://www.kicktraq.com/projects/iga/bloodstained-ritual-of-the-night/#chart-daily
by Master Kyodai
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

There Is No Reason For Panic (Yet)

If we're going to be negative, can we at least report actual facts? This type of thread lowers morale.

I agree with everything described in the above post, though. The fact they haven't even changed the layout of the main page is really annoying.

http://s12.postimg.org/88qwlziv1/Untitled.png

If we compare the Bloodstained Kickstarter to Shenmue 3's one side by side, Shenmue 3 already hit its lowest point with $31,704 early in the campaign period while Bloodstained hit $36,589 as its lowest around the half point period. One point to note though is that Bloodstained had from the very beginning a bigger "drawing power" to its name as it's at the same time a brand new IP and a familiar series, so it was easier to market to both old and new gamers.

But even having said that, there's no reason to be ENTIRELY negative about the current situation. If you look at the initial pledging days, you can see why Shenmue 3 broke all records. We are still in early stages of the campaign and Shenmue 3 managed to gather $3,591,739 within 9 days compared to $2,429,094 from Bloodstained in the same period. That's over a million! I attribute this to the fact we got to know Shenmue 3's ideal target ($10 Mil) and the relentless work done by all of us to help generate hype and gather funds, without the help from even the people behind the campaign (thanks Awesome Japan)! And we got YouTube celebrities like HappyConsoleGamer and Adam Koralik behind us too!

So if we keep this up, things will certainly turn around. Awesome Japan is already starting to listen to us, as they have implemented new stretch goals, reward tiers and finally built an official twitter page. It's still not the ideal, but we are certainly getting there. The Gods of Lucky Hit are with us!
by sand4fish
Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: There Is No Reason For Negativity

I'm not trying to silence anyone, if a fellow Shenmue bro or sister wants to challenge the Awesome Japan guys to a MMA cage fight... (with attendance and ppv profits going directly into Shenmue III fund). Go ahead, but to me some of the negativity seems over the top. I guess you also have to allow others to be have negativity towards your negativity.
by killthesagabeforeitkillsu
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The negativity is just annoying honestly on all fronts whether here or in the comments of the Kickstarter. We're getting the game and the rest is just extra at this point. If they shot for 2 million then they clearly had a vision for that ahead of time. No clue why people are complaining. I'm ecstatic we are even getting it.
by NismoZZzz
Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The PS4 Physical Copy Issue & the $10 Million Goal Strug

Megauap on NeoGAF stated that he just received a reply to his question (sent on the first day of the Kickstarter) about the PS4 physical copy:

Thank you very much for your message!
We understand there have been many requests; however there are currently no plans to produce a physical reward for the PS4.

As to why there are no current plans for a PS4 version, we are very sorry, but are unable to answer at this time. We know this may not be the answer you had hoped for, but please understand that indeed, your comments have been heard and passed on to Ys Net and Yu Suzuki.
Your feedback is what will make the this Kickstarter really succeed, and we cannot thank you enough. The day is come that we are finally able to enjoy what we have waited so long for with the return of Shenmue and we hope we can count on your continued support to bring back, and make Shenmue 3 the best game it can be.

K. Kitabayashi &
The Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Team
by Shadow2222
Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

For the record, I would rather have no Shenmue III than a terrible Shenmue III, but Shenmue III is not out yet and we are not even one month into the Kickstarter campaign so all the dismissive pleadings comes off as cynical and extremely forced. We don't know how it's going to go. It go bad, it could go well. Let's just wait and see?
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We are closer to 2 million because it's been a bloody week, mittenz. For a Shenmue fan, I'm utterly shocked by your lack of patience.
by Himuro
Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Riku Rose wrote: Brilliant idea.

It actually is. Will be great exposure.
by Peter
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Troll Pledging?

I went up from $300 to $500 and then back to $300 (and now I'm back to $500) when i was having some second thoughts about how much I should pledge. I wasn't trying to make anyone upset, but I'm now back up to $500 and will consider adding more the closer we get to the deadline.

I do think Kickstarter should make it difficult to change your pledge or should verify you have funds when you go up to a certain amount. I think it'd be pretty difficult for a coordinated group of trolls to actively sabotage any Kickstarter. For one, most of them are probably 13 and don't have credit cards.

I

I don't think anyone is talking about a few hundred dollars here or there. There have been times when (particularly when approaching stretch goals), the funding has dropped by several thousands (or even tens of thousands) in succession. Those have got to be trolls.
by Reprise
Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: 5 m is not enough

For Christ's sake, could you please wait for the Kickstarter to finish, first? No offence here, but the panicking over here is starting to go over the top. Pour into the KS as much as you can, wait for it to finish. Await Ys Net's statement on it.

If, after July 18 you should still think we have made too little money, I reckon you will be warmly welcome to make your monthly contribution to Ys Net via Paypal.
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #14 Yu Suzuki on Twitch this Friday

Isn't Yu Suzuki like, totally detached from the gaming world? I'm pretty sure he's stated a few times he doesn't play or even have much interest in video games.

Yea. He even kinda got to where he is today by chance. In a interview it said he never wanted to be a game designer, just that he happened to get a job at Sega. Which is pretty amazing considering the contributions he's made to the industry.
by FourWuDu1026
Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #13 - Budget and Funding Statement

I trust Yu Suzuki more than "game journalists". Let them have their soap box and sit on it. It's better just not to give those click baiters hits, ya know?
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It won't. Yu Suzuki isn't backing down and the fans have made their voices heard - we've pledged and the game is funded and that's it. Whatever else any of these people that hate Shenmue who happen to write articles on game websites say will not change anything. Let's stay positive, since Suzuki's newest statements are very positive for us, the fans. To hell with the rest.
by Henry Spencer
Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Well, Yu Suzuki earned 20,000+ bucks and counting today, so far. That's a loooooot of money for a man who "squandered people's trust" :mrgreen: . How much did this journalist guy make today? 8)
by Hyo Razuki
Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If they had it coming to xbox one it would be over 5 million by now , I hope sony are paying millions for this , if not im pretty annoyed on the lost out potential xbox user funds .

Microsoft had plenty of opportunities to revive the franchise and could have even done it in co-operation with Yu the same way Sony is doing it now with support and advertising; but ultimately, they decided not to. That's fine, but then nothing can be said when it doesn't come out on the Xbox One. Sony have given Yu the chance he deserves, not MS. Cut them some slack.
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another thread for this? Mods can we lock them up. This is getting out of hand. Clearly if the goal was 2 million then they had something in mind to be safe and mindful. Now they're playing catch up due to the interest! It's that simple.
by NismoZZzz
Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Unrealistic costs has me worried

The strech goals don't represent the actual costs of the features attached to them. Please keep this in mind.
by BlueMue
Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: subtitle in Portuguese added.Brazilians fans come here p

They play on PC though, right? That's Shenmue 3's main platform.
Not really, it's honestly all lol. if you go to a computer place it will be like 90 percent lol. Some CF ( cross fire) that shit shooter... seriously bad I tried it once

A lot of the girls like those cute anime inspired girl games. China is a different culture as well, they are really mute tot he world more than most think. Only if your in bj , sh or a few other cities will they not be quite different culturally. You can't ask a chinese person how are you doing or what's up. If you say we should hang out, they will always say I'm busy now. Even though the ? isn't about now.... They don't understand western culture very well nor do they adapt to it very well.

There are a few more simple minnded gamers here and I know some that do play ps2, xbox , cod etc but that is a very lower number. I hardly ever meet anyone randomly that has a game system.

They are huge into iphones and phone games though.. Chinese people are use to being around hundreds of people, so they often need to be around others to go out and have a good time. It's a very pair up and go out culture. Ignore everone else around, they are as bad as you think when they have that strange by standard effect as well. I think they are like ants, just use to running around each other and ignoring one another.

Most of their games are on some sort of free to play system as wel, they don't buy movies either. I have only found legit movies from hk in book stores. Everything else is boot legs in the back room at the music stores.

Basicaly, they don't want to buy games , especially pc.

With that said, I'm not saying the game can't work here. But the ks has a better chance of hitting 10 million than me ever running into a person that knows what shenmue is.
by Jackie Fhan
Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic