Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Lets remake the Kickstarter video

The followintg vid shows some clips of.good.fight scenes. U may wnt to add a section demonstrating the in depth combat system.

https://youtu.be/DOdMH6MSa30
by 7heavens
Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How Do You Feel About Shenmue III Becoming More Spiritua

phpBB [video]

This vid describes the series nicely. Describes the wuxia tropes within shenmue. Its.actually a very good.analysis
by 7heavens
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

confronting the 4 bosses.....

We learned from the twitch stream that we will in fact b confronting the 4 bosses in shenmue 3. We know that each boss represents a cardinal pole ie north south east west. Do you think that these directions refer to the possible 4 entrances to the chi you men base in baisha?

Will we get the showdown with land di?
by 7heavens
Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II too big ?

Shenmue 2 made u feel like a foreigner lost in a big city so it fits well with ryos circumstance. And in shenmue 1 u knew everything and every1 again perfectly fits his circumstance as yukosuka is ryos home
by 7heavens
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:43 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: confronting the 4 bosses.....

Another theory is that when we face lan di. If we lose to him in the initial battle he will take the Phoenix mirror from ryo and kidnapps shenhua. In which case ryo must train harder and chase him down before the ritual of the 2 mirrors and chiyou can be completed.I think the final showdown between ryo and landi will take place in front of tentei. I also think shenhua will end up dying possibly as a sacrifice.

This would be a very dramatic moment in the game as by this point the player would b very much attached to her.

Ryo would probably be very distressed as I believe he will fall in love with her.

At the end he neither gets nozomi nor joy nor xiu ying nor shenhua and is just left with pictures of them all.
But he does save the world from chi you though.
by 7heavens
Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

I believe that the future of the shenmue series will continue in the manner that they currently have. I.e. Have immersive realistic environments with elements of fantasy. Not over the top.

And to dispel any concern for those people who are worrying about the levitating sword, just think of it as some sort of magnetic force that has been triggered which has charged the sword and made it levitate. If a train in Japan can levitate and carry people across vast distances in short periods of time (Maglev Bullet Train) then a levitating piece of sharp metal shouldn't be too distant from the confines of reality.

I don't think we will see hadoukens in the form of blue fireballs, but possibly an inclusion of chi and Dim Mak (elements that are not too fantastic and Over the Top)

Regarding the Chi You Men, I consider them an organisation that is involved in Underworld Crime, but at the same time involved in the occult. (I.e. trying to resurrect demonic forces that will possibly possess them or their leader Tentei). And even then I don't think we'll see dragons flying around breathing fire (like in the hobbit) but rather we might see a possession that is raw and realistic like real life possession cases where the individual who is possessed can gain extra strength and strange powers.

Either way support the campaign and wait and see :-)
by 7heavens
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How much "magic" will be in Shenmue III? (spoiler Shenmu

Regarding the shenmue tree video. You have to bear in mind that they are village people in rural China and they will have their own beliefs so when they say the shenmue tree will guard over her it isn't actually fantastical or magical as many people in the world hold such beliefs ie the spirits attached to certain natural elements can act as protectors. In certain mainstream religions/cultures of the world there is a belief that even inanimate objects have a type of life essence attached to them. And there are narrations of saints etc speaking with the trees and stones etc.

So whereas this kind of stuff may seem fantastical to some people it is actually a belief for others but we mustn't be close minded. Remember shenmue was a game about showing the world a particular culture. The fact that millions of people around the world believe in something means that it is a part of our reality. So I'd say shenmue won't become a final fantasy type game but any supernatural elements will be grounded in concepts that exist in the real world which real people (somewhere around the world) actually believe in.
by 7heavens
Tue Jul 07, 2015 6:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The miracle of Shenmue III

Nice post Anon81. Like the fact you pointed out 6.333 million coincidence. The kismat of the beginnings of shenmue 333 was manifested on the 6th month.
For all those who don't speak Urdu/Hindi/Persian 'kismet' means destiny.
by 7heavens
Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Thank u for ur efforts my question is how far did development get to in the saturn version of the game ie story wise where did you get up to. How did you manage to get so much out if that console. And finally can you release a comic about ryos train journey from Hong kong to china.

Again thanks
by 7heavens
Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:38 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Would you STEAL Shenmue 3?

No as it is against one of the 4 wude.
by 7heavens
Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: shenmue with Magic is still shenmue

I think its too simple to call it magic. Its more about esoteric energy. Like qi.

For example in martial arts u have the concept of dim mak where at the time if a strike u can channel qi into the opponents body (via meridians) and render him unconscious or even dead. Death touch.

Mind over matter.
pardon the extremely bad example and poor comparison but shenhuas powers can be seen to be somewhat similar to Matildas. Obviously with some extra bells and whistles such as connecting with the souls of her ancestors. Now nobody said Matilda was a mage, rather she's described as being gifted.

There is a lot more I can say on the subject. I'll probably explain further about the esoteric energies and occurences seen in the game (ie how is it that ryo is able to see shenhua in dreams before he's actually met her etc). I'm currently typing on a phone and I hate using phones to type for long.
by 7heavens
Thu Nov 26, 2015 4:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update - 1 Year Anniversary

http://i.imgur.com/OPmw5P6.png
I think we've seen a location like this in the Saturn Shenmue video...

https://youtu.be/foZUcPQAMvg?t=175

Huh. Interesting wraparound.

That's awesome, if so it just makes me more happy that Yu is still keeping his original vision of the game and world! Nice spot :)

Please see my post
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49412

I previously mentioned how i felt that the saturn version of the game had alot more story elements than shenmue 1 and 2 combined.

We need to really enquire more about the saturn version of the game. I feel its a very important part of the shenmue heritage. Moreover its just so interesting to know how much was already planned and done in the mid 90's.
by 7heavens
Sat Jul 09, 2016 12:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamekult interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom

It may be a romance between another character such as Ming Ming etc. Where maybe Ming Ming has feelings for ryo, but he's focussed on the lan di situation. Also, whilst everything goes on, shenhua and ryos relationship could get deeper, but maybe not exactly to the level of a couple, but definitely a form of love.

Who knows....

It might just be a scenario a bit similar to nozomis where ryo and shenhua have deep feelings for each other, but never formally express it. When eventually shenhua leaves ryo to travel to
the afterlife once she is sacrificed to save the world. Lol
by 7heavens
Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Logo Poll [Back]

Maybe he should keep his own design limited to the Japanese version of the logo, and use original for English.
by 7heavens
Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic