Search found 86 matches

Return

Re: KS Suggetion- 2 player VS Fighting 5.5m- NPC head re. 10

I'm all for new ideas, but Shenmue is Shenmue and Virtua Fighter is Virtua Fighter and that's how things should remain.
by iyapol
Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Android Wear

I would absolutely love somebody to design a Ryo watch face for round Android Wear smartwatches like the Moto 360 or the LG G Watch R.

There could be 2 versions - a Timex replica and an 'in game' version. I understand watch faces can be designed fairly easily on apps such as Facer and Intellicom.

This is an example of a Timex watch face taken from XDA: http://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-360/themes-apps/facer-inspired-timex-indiglo-wr-30m-t2905838

I presume the lovely person who created the Shenmue Android app is a Shenmue Dojo contributor? Could their watch widget be used for the 'in game' version?

I'd happily design them but I just don't have the necessary Photoshop skills.

Anybody up for the project?
by iyapol
Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sonofabitch threw away a perfectly good Winning Can...

Excuse my ignorance, but what's a winning can? I've bought 2 drinks for Wang in my rediscovery game and all he's done is lob the can in the bin and tell me how busy the restaurant is - despite there being no more than one customer in at any one time. Lying bastard.
by iyapol
Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER UPDATE - INTERVIEW WITH YU

Amir wrote: Never have I found a flow-chart so exhilarating.

I take it you're fond of question marks?
by iyapol
Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE SCROLLS (Development Blog) SKYRIM MOD

Any update on this? Looking awesome. Can't wait to see the final product.
by iyapol
Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Camera

I have a simple suggestion for Shenmue III - a camera!

It would be awesome if Ryo could pick up a camera on his travels or have the option to buy one early on in the game to capture the scenery, villages and people he meets on his Chinese adventure.

As it's 1988, there could be 2 types of camera - a poloroid camera which produces instant photos (none reversable, of course!) and a camera with film that you would have to take somewhere to get developed.

And, while they're at it, how about a photo booth where Ryo can go and pull some funny faces?

We could then get the option to share our snaps on social media or export in other ways.

I think it would be easy to implement and would be a great little feature. What do other people think?
by iyapol
Fri Aug 14, 2015 2:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 stage in testing

I completely understand why you would want to avoid spoilers or gameplay footage, but there's a reason a demo was included as part of the KS reward tier.

Yes, it's a sneak preview, a sample of how Shenmue 3 will taste on a modern console. But it's also a tool for the most passionate of Shenmue fans to analyse and provide constructive feedback.

As Yu has stated on a number of occasions, this is a game for the fans. Yu wants the best possible product and he values our opinions.

I'll most definitely be playing the demo and I look forward to any 'spoilers'.
by iyapol
Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

I :heart: you, Sony.

That OK?
by iyapol
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

Asking for a 'promised' update is hardly being a jerk, is it?

People have invested a lot of money into this game and it's only right they stick to what they've agreed to do. Otherwise, come out, put the record straight and tell us we won't be getting monthly updates. It's not difficult.

Two days... it's been two days.
Give them some time and have at least a little faith. :roll:

We are still 2 years away from the release. If we start like that... those 2 years are going to last longer than the 14 (!!!) years we have waited for Shenmue 3 announcement. :mrgreen:

Whether it's two days, two weeks or two months late, it's late.

My point is, don't promise something if you can't deliver. It's unprofessional and sends out a negative message to the backers who have parted with their hard earned cash.
by iyapol
Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Asking for a 'promised' update is hardly being a jerk, is it?

People have invested a lot of money into this game and it's only right they stick to what they've agreed to do. Otherwise, come out, put the record straight and tell us we won't be getting monthly updates.

It's not difficult.
by iyapol
Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not difficult.

But it is.

To demonstrate notable progress each month through characters or environmental models without giving away spoilers is tricky.

Putting together a presentation of this month's work is still work from someone who's actively developing.

Don't sweat it.. There wouldn't be smiles all round when Sony visited if YsNet & Neilo weren't making good progress.

You've misread my post. I said it wouldn't be difficult to let backers know updates won't be monthly, as promised.

An update saying there isn't an update is better than no update at all.
by iyapol
Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue vs Street Fighter

Can someone tell me what this has to do with Shenmue III?
by iyapol
Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Please contact us!Please!

Can't fault the guy's manours. Very polite, if not slighlty desperate!
by iyapol
Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Holiday wishes

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/lpshen_41_01.jpg

Wishing all Shenmue fans around the world a very, merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous new year.

Christmas 2017 will be here in no time!

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/SantaMaeno.jpg
by iyapol
Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

So they ran a poll. More people voted Yes than No. And they decide to keep the KS rewards exclusive to KS backers.

So why on earth was there a poll? In any democratic poll, more than 50% of votes would win. More people who had an opinion voted Yes over No.

What a waste of everybody's time.
by iyapol
Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

iyapol wrote:What a waste of everybody's time.

Not to mention the fact most of us voted twice following the Twitter cock up.
by iyapol
Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:44 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If this kind of thing continues, it could be damaging.
This is also what concerns me most - by over-ruling the fair result they are risking damaging the trust & support of the backers (and potential backers).

I was lining up one more donation. But not anymore. Especially if there's a chance it could be used to pay Awesome Japan's wages.

Happy to take money from the people but won't listen to the people. Worrying.

Perhaps Yu has been spending a bit too much time in China...
by iyapol
Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Day of Release

Erm. By my calculations, December 2017 is 2 years away!
by iyapol
Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

If I've read correctly, Yu is reverting back to the original Ryo model. I wonder if he'll revert back to the original Shenhua, too. I still feel the original models, including the Shenhua model, are far better and more human-like than the remakes.

Also, I wish they'd stop messing around with the font. Most of the footage I've seen includes the new font, which I'm not the biggest fan of. But I've also seen some footage with the original logo.
by iyapol
Sun Feb 28, 2016 2:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki interview by Shenmue Dojo & Team Yu (MAGIC 201

A bit of an embarrassing find that, Peter. Surely a $6 million Kickstarter campaign deserves better than a Microsoft Word font?

I don't think people are looking to start a revolution because they don't like the proposed logo - video game Kickstarters are unique in that any backer is well within their right to voice their opinion. In essence, they become a shareholder. And if that voice gets louder, the developer should, at least, acknowledge that some backers are unhappy.

I think it's the S that I personally don't like - it looks like Dou Niu's been sat on it. The original S is iconic.

Amir - I like it. Very Lord of the Rings. Would still prefer the original, though!
by iyapol
Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki Interview (May 9 Bessatsu Shonen Mag)

It's Suzuki's attention to detail which will make this game so special. Can't wait!
by iyapol
Sat May 21, 2016 3:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(still waiting on the) May update

Waiting patiently for the May Kickstarter update...

by iyapol
Mon May 30, 2016 2:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

Worst. Update. Ever.

We've waited a whole month for a few holiday snaps.

C'mon guys.
by iyapol
Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

Spaghetti wrote:
iyapol wrote:they're probably convinced what they've got to show is going to be satisfying

Joy in a sexy Santa outfit?
by iyapol
Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ziming wrote: Keep the girly hissy fits out of this topic please.

You will be pleased to know we have kissed and made up.
by iyapol
Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Rikitatsu wrote: 9 Hours...

As we inch closer to the conference, my hype is slowly being converted to anxiousness.

Will the trailer disappoint?

Please don't disappoint

by iyapol
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

PlayStation Experience live stream from 10:00 PST (18:00 GMT)

http://live.playstation.com
by iyapol
Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric has broken the silence.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20161204-085537_edit_1480841795816_edit_1480841842768.jpeg

It may be a misinterpretation, but is Cedric implying that they tried to get something shown at PSX but Sony wouldn't/couldn't show it?

He's also asked fans to wait for the developer update at the end of the month.

Interesting.
by iyapol
Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really think it's time to stop reading into Cedric's Tweets. He clearly has very little to do with the game's development and nothing to do with its PR. He's not implying anything; he's flat-out saying he has no control over anything that happens.

You're probably right. A combination of language barrier and fans clutching at straws.

It could be read - I have nothing to do with PSX or the development of the game so you're going to have to wait until the next update.
by iyapol
Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

YSnet staff, including YS himself, are sleeping at the office to get as much progress on the game done as possible. They're currently hiring cutscene artists, searching for a director (for cutscene motion capture or voice work is unknown), and have had Keiji Okayasu in as the game director for about half a year now. They're not sitting on their asses doing nothing. They are under an immense burden of pressure and do not want to disappoint. The radio silence sucks, but at least they're not wasting time developing a vertical slice that takes two months progress out of completing the final game.

Spaghetti.

I respect your posts. You are one of the more reasoned voices on the Dojo. But the quoted paragraph isn't fact - it's hope.

You've taken information we were told months ago and presumed, as we've had no tangible update for some time, that everything is fine and dandy; all hunky-dory. And if this is how you've read the situation, then you're entitled to your opinion.

If the team feel they have nothing worthwhile to show, I'm happy with that - that's fine. But what I'm not happy with, though, is the piss poor communication from everyone involved in the game's development and, as someone that has helped fund the development, the least I expect is a half-decent monthly update as promised, even if the update is there is no update.

Unfortunately, Yu was happy to collect people's hard earned money but it appears he doesn't fully understand the unwritten rules of a fundraising project.

It's about time someone is made accountable for this mess.
by iyapol
Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Simple solution? Lock the thread once PlayStation Experience has finished.
by iyapol
Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Cedric - update

Without wanting to reignite the PSX thread, Cedric has responded to a fan on Twitter. Sometimes, I think we forget that Cedric is one of us - a fan.

His position is different to your average fan in that he was influential in reviving the series and has landed the 'co-producer' title in the process. But his tweet all but confirms that, in many respects, he is as much in the dark as us all when it comes to the game's development.

Feel free to lock the thread if you think it might turn into a witch-hunt - it wasn't my intention - but I felt his tweet justified its own discussion.

Cedric is as disappointed as the rest of us and has blamed it on his own fan instincts.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20161205-075837_edit_1480924807040.jpeg
by iyapol
Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: BIG SHENMUE NEW IS COMING ? MAYBE

Back up and running. No changes.
by iyapol
Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Care of Team Yu, a beautiful Shenmue & campaign timeline

What an excellent article. I learnt things about the series I didn't even know which is always a good thing.
by iyapol
Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dojo Twitch Channel - schedule & discussion

Really enjoyed your first hour last night, Peter. I'll catch up with the second hour when I get chance and try and tune in next week.

Hopefully, you'll get past the first checkpoint on Hang On next week! ;-)
by iyapol
Fri Dec 09, 2016 8:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What ~*May*~ Be Coming in December's Kickstarter Update

Ooooo shit.

http://i.imgur.com/Qk3fxpn.jpg

https://twitter.com/NovinWorksPlus/status/807444287499681792

EDIT:

Did some botched CSI-ing to get a closer look.

http://i.imgur.com/wunCoiV.jpg

I'm kinda sure that's a Tulou in the background? I can't tell if they've literally whited out Shenhua's face or if that's a blown highlight. I don't believe it's the completed new model (sleeves don't look the right colour), but you'd hope if they're showing them again that work's been done. Shenhua's hair looks different from what I can tell so far, however.

Note to self.

Do not get your hopes up. Do not get your hopes up. Do not get your hopes up.
by iyapol
Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

Alas! Some meaningful news.

Bring on 2017. I'm ready for it.
by iyapol
Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20161215-092216_edit_1481793767575.jpeg

This definitely sheds new light on the 'random' Halloween picture.

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/Screenshot_20161215-092152_edit_1481793789414.jpeg

Edit

I thought the pose looked familiar...

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k488/williammlees/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1481794629712.jpg
by iyapol
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

If people are disappointed with the "photoshopped Ryo" I can't imagine what the original one would do for the fans. Maybe pitchforks and torches? So good move there by Yu in my opinion.

I think no screenshot of Ryo is better than a Photoshopped screenshot of Ryo. By editing the protagonist's face and sharing it with the world, they're opening themselves up to avoidable scrutiny.
by iyapol
Thu Dec 15, 2016 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Snowman - a festive theory

Let's Get Sweaty wrote:The blue bucket connection with What's Shenmue/Shenmue 1, I'll give you. But without the blue bucket, Poppors is just another snowman like a billion others.

Clutching at straws, maybe. But how many SEGA snowmen have their been? Two. I rest my case. :D
by iyapol
Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic