Search found 16 matches

Return

Re: EA voted the 'worst company in America" [again]

What about Activision? Have they not equally plagued the video game world?
by goaliefrk
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Major League Baseball

Can we all agree that Aroldis Chapman is the best closer in baseball currently? Or am I still ahead of my time with this belief?
by goaliefrk
Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Can I get my old account back?

You could prob PM this message to an admin. Not make a thread
by goaliefrk
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

I started with the dojo back in 2002, we used a different site back then before everyone switched to this one in 2003. Always been goaliefrk tho, I think. ha

I recognize some of the oldies here, good to see everyone old and new.

I'm currently getting my Masters degree and am teaching at the University of North Texas.

The day we spoke of for years and years has arrived!
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Gorons

My brother has been mocking the moping sound they made in Ocarina of Time for the last two hours.

Should I be concerned?

by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's happened in your life in the past 14 years?

Graduated grade school, high school, and college. Moved to a bigger city and have my own apartment here that I share with my two kitties. Also realized I'm gay, but I think this happened before the long drought of Shenmue when I realized I was more digitally attracted to Ryo and Ren than Joy and Nozomi. Still working on some longer term goals and dreams, but I've basically lived half my life since I first played Shenmue (I was 13 then and am now 25 - 12 year wait for me). Also discovered a passion for live music and travel and have been on some wild adventures with some truly special friends I've made all over the world.

Shenmue, though, has always been something deeply personal and unique to myself. While I managed to turn a few friends onto the game over the years, there's really no one close to me currently that I was able to share this glorious news with. Except you guys of course! I was never terribly involved and have been mostly inactive for the past 8 years but the fact you're all still here and the Dojo itself is completely in tact makes me smile big.

Its going to be a lot of fun anticipating this release with you all and I'm looking forward to playing some Shenmue this weekend. Now who wants to raid every room in every building of Kowloon and look for Easter eggs?

It's so cool to see how everyone is doing today! Glad the Dojo and all of us are here to share the special moment of S3!

Man I remember ya from way back.
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Shenmue Cast Ep. 0

Alright everyone. After a few requests and support from members in me doing this again and especially after Shenmue 3 was announced I decided it was indeed a great time to revitalize the podcast and stick to it.

I present to you all the first episode, which is really just an intro to where I want to go with this. Episode 0 is just myself but I will get others to join in soon enough.

Feedback is welcome. I want to turn this into a community podcast and build it up to help the fan base.

Enjoy.

Audio
MP3 download and stream.

https://soundcloud.com/alexander-munoz-1/the-shenmue-cast-ep-0

Slide show video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am6KEh2QA6g

I liked it man. Kudos
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

*Kenshin Himura* wrote: A lot of Bots and Trolls coming out to play E3 week on the SD forums..

*deckard cain voice*

Stay awhile, and listen.
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Where are you from?

Raithos wrote: Houston, Texas, USA.

Just north of ya. Dallas, TX. USA
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The reunion topic.

*waves* Hey guys :P
So yeah, life isn't too bad...sharing a house with the love of my life, still play games when I actually get the time, writing in my spare time with the hope of being a published author one day...could do without all the responsibilities and bills and shit, but all part of getting older I guess *grumble*. I've actually just realised I'll be 30 by the time Shenmue III comes out...now that is depressing...won't stop me squeeing like a little girl when I finally sit down and play it though.

Dude long fucking time. Glad to see ya again
by goaliefrk
Wed Jun 17, 2015 5:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo Exploded

omg stop taking the offensive, its not even like that, get a grip, take a joke. I never said anything about the other staff members being inactive I was poking fun at Yama because I personally never really saw him post, im not trying to take away anything from him or any of the other staff for what they have done behind the scenes. Sorry guys, I did not think everyone would just jump my shit over that joke, ill remove myself from this conversation. :/

Just like old times lol
by goaliefrk
Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Thoughts

What was your old name? Also can you really blame people for not being on here everyday? At what point post-Shenmue II is it not expected for even the most loyal members to move on with their life?

http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=6345

I'm not saying people should've been here every day as such but I do find it slightly galling for members to wax lyrical about the community but not bothered playing any part of it until recent developments.

Wait, Shenmuedabest has been qwerty this entire time? Fuck that mother fucker, hes supposed to banned it even says it on the link he provided, someone get on that shit and haul his ass back outside the gate KICK ROCKS BITCH! gtfo, for real, you are a fucking toxin to this community and I for 1 sure as fuck dont want you here. #my2cents

Too much hostility in the dojo.
by goaliefrk
Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Things that get on your proverbial tits

People who ask me for my opinion on something and when I give them a "wrong" opinion, they get mad at me. Seriously, if they just want someone to endorse their views on a certain subject or incident, why the heck do they ask for my opinion then? I don't get it. At all. #-o

Ich stimme dir zu
by goaliefrk
Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is gaming pioneered towards mainstream medium?

Don't forget that some people simply do not have as much time now that they're older to invest in the deeper aspects of games. They sometimes more want the immediate style gratification of COD-like games. A game where you can pick up anytime and "shoot off some steam," so to speak.
by goaliefrk
Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/sonic/images/b/b9/Sega_Dreamcast.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20131210225303

I just purchased what is now, my fourth Dreamcast. Which is also a record for most times I've purchased a console. Anyways, been playing RE3 and prepping for spring break so I can play Shenmue again, with no work or school restraints to hold me back. Needless to say, I am pretty stoked for spring break. The other half I will be flying up to Chicago but you better believe it's the Shenmue aspect that got me goin.

Welp, see ya later!
by goaliefrk
Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

Just ordered tickets to a Carrie Rodriguez show in a couple months. Pretty excited. I think I've said before, it's kind of a "bucket list" thing for me, getting to see one of her shows. I don't get to experience live music very often as it is, but this one is only a scant 40 minutes away. And getting to see one of my overall favorite acts in person? Priceless. Had to jump on that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiB0VqncDoE

Not to mention her newest album is some of the best stuff I've heard out of her so far. Should be good.

I absolutely love this song. Is it on one of her albums?
by goaliefrk
Sun Feb 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic