Search found 114 matches

Return

Shenmue II 100% Complete Notebook Guide NOW AVAILABLE!

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/fpBZJq9_zpshovs0qau.jpg

GameFAQ Online Guide - HERE

Microsoft Word Download - Shenmue II 100% COMPLETE NOTEBOOK GUIDE.doc

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

STORY COMPLETION
|----------|----------|----------|----------|

MONEY INFORMATION COMPLETION
|----------|----------|----------|

TOTAL COMPLETION - 100%

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
INTRODUCTION
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Many have tried, all have failed. Since its release, the Shenmue community has STILL to get a full 100% complete notebook guide for Shenmue II. All we have had so far are failed attempts, disappearing acts and a very incomplete notebook with no guide how to complete the entries by Julian McKenzie, which was attempted over 10 years ago. I cannot believe that no one has followed through with completing this project and over the past months I've been itching for a new Shenmue Project to work on. I chatted with Yama briefly, trying to come up with ideas, and whilst some are really good and may be seen in the future, with my technical limitations as well as my time limitations, this seemed fitting for this point in time. I've been researching all attempts gone before for the past month now, and also chatting to some people to gather resources to make sure the necessary ground work has been done before even firing up the game. To ensure the finished document will be absolutely verified, i attained the binary files of the notebook entries, both to aid me fill the notebook, and also to make sure nothing is missing or out of place. So, with that out of the way, lets start the path to completing this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
100% COMPLETION?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OK, lets get something out of the way to begin with. Firstly i have never been 100% sure on this but since starting this project i have gotten my answer. The question i have always wondered is:

"Can the Shenmue II notebook be 100% filled?".

Well, it depends what way you look at it. If you mean a notebook with every page filled and no missing entries in your story, then YES it can be 100% filled. You can get entries which skip and block other entries if you are just casually playing through the story-mode, but if you follow my guide you will not miss an entry. However, in terms of EVERY notebook entry being activated then the answer is NO, it cannot be 100% completed. The simple reason for that is because there are instances where there is more than one way to get to a story point. I have called these instances, "VARIABLES", and they occur around 4 or 5 times throughout the game. So, if this is the case, then how can i call this a 100% COMPLETE WALKTHROUGH? Well, that's because i have spent hours and hours of taking notes, and testing out every variable to get their total entries. It may not seem like a big consumption of time that's needed for them, but it is. From failing each button in a QTE sequence to see where it leads, passing a QTE sequence, visiting locations in order to get a complete set of entries, meeting requirements before an event, and not having met those requirments...Its a hugely painstaking process.

Here, take a look:

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/20150522_011528_zpshiuvkxiy.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/20150522_011603_zpsp5prj050.jpg

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j290/PeterC2005/Mobile%20Uploads/20150522_011659_zpscmggyo5o_edit_1432175892191_zpsvpvvk4pz_edit_1432175932260_zpsnzri1uzz.jpg

Not only do i have scrap pages of notes, i have an enlarged replica diary to capture every detail i can. Any time there has been a variable in the storyline, ive had to get the scrap paper out and begin the flow charts. What leads to where, what happens if you do this, what happens in this order or that order, what happens if you have spoken to this person or not.... you get the picture. From the scrap notes, then i have fully written out notes on each variable and what to do if you want to take one path or the other. The notebook entries that appear are usually the same size in terms of their entries to their counterpart variable. What i mean by that, if you take one route that covers 4 lines on one page, then the other will also take up the same page with 4 lines filled. It doesnt affect the overall storyline, but you do get to see some different cutscenes, which may be of interest to some of you who havent experienced all that Shenmue II has to offer.
Another reason that its a painstaking task is because there is one event ive encountered so far where there is a variable within a variable!! So the possibilities that i had to figure out were multiplied. I completed all of those tonight so thankfully thats out of the way. Thats the main piece of information i wanted to address from the beginning, and as the project goes on, i will be adding more notes to this section.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
WHAT TYPE OF GUIDE WILL THIS BE?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is NOT a complete Shenmue II guide. There are plenty of those out there. There will be no walkthroughs to unlock Fagmeis birthday, or how to get up to the 3rd floor of the Pine Arcade etc. This is a no BS, straight to the point completion of the notebook. Where to go, who to speak to, what to do, and here is the entry. This will be very much like Force Vectors original Shenmue notebook walkthrough which you can check out HERE , but i should point out that i will not name EVERY person who will reveal a notebook entry like he did. There are just far too many NCPs in Shenmue II, and to be honest, you are just grateful to find the right person to speak to in the first place. As i mentioned above, when it comes to a variable, i will outline each option, and what to do when you have chosen the path you want to take.
Some entries may appear in the notebook ahead of where you are, but thats not something to worry about. You just move onto the next entry and follow its instruction unless i will have told you otherwise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
COMPLETION TIMEFRAME
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the foundations laid with the prep work, things have been going smoothly as they can for 2 weeks. I work 2 jobs so its been mostly a few hours late at night and documenting everything in my physical notebook. The pace was picked up on Monday just gone, when i had a minor operation and now have a full 2 weeks off both jobs to recover. That means bored days sitting on the sofa day and night, not even allowed to leave the house since it rains constantly in Ireland and i cant get my dressings wet. That was another reason the timing of the project was perfect. This will stop me going crazy! I am cleared next Wednesday and head to a weekend festival next weekend (29th-31st May) so my aim is to have the project completed, tested and typed up before then. I am putting in 16 hour shifts in on this, and i hope it will come through in time. I cam currently playing 3 save files on the Dreamcast version of Shenmue II, and once i have reached 100%, i will be doing a full speed test run on the Xbox version to make sure everything checks out. I also want to check and make sure the entries are unlocked on a person/location based action, and not amounts of negative comments received beforehand etc. Just basic QA to make sure everything checks out ok on a separate walkthrough, but also as well as on the Xbox.

-------------------------------------------------------------

And thats it folks! I appreciate any comments, and feel free to discuss anything you have wondered about Shenmue II because i feel like i have seen everything so far, that the game has to offer. Its awesomeness was already at high levels, but with doing this project and seeing how much effort that the development team have put into this game has made it reach favourite game ever levels. I am off to get a few hours sleep before diving back into Kowloon in the morning :P
by Peter
Wed May 20, 2015 10:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Revisiting Gamespot's 6.8 Review

I've just read the original review and I think he totally missed the "emotional" dimension of Shenmue. Instead it seems that he reviewed every aspect separately and used some standard weighting as if he was testing a soulless object. Also the fact that he doesn't say a word about Shenmue beeing just the first chapter of a long saga appears to me like a lack of vision and inability to see the big picture of Shenmue's gameplay mechanics.

That's not exactly the kind of approach I would expect for a game review, especially when it comes to a game like Shenmue, back in the end of the last century where the whole concept of open world was still to be defined.

#1 rule of video games: they have to be fun, or captivate

I can easily understand that Shenmue wasn't fun for everybody, in fact not every moment spent in Shenmue was fun to play, but I don't agree at all when it comes to beeing captivating. It's pace, story and characters are captivating but there is a cost for that: As the player, you're asked to willingly be part of this living universe. (That includes boring jobs and events at specific times...)

In conclusion, If we (people who *liked the game, *to say the least) were wrong and he was right, we would never have seen such a successful Kickstarter 16 years after the original game release. But hey, just my two cents. I'm a gamer, not a journalist.
by Kiske
Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Potential Shenmue 3 Joke In Shenmue 2 :D

Hey guys, I watch a dude on Twitch called TheMediumStream, and he recently just cleared Shenmue 2 for the first time. He spoke to this particular NPC in Guilin, who says something at the time rather innocent, but since we now know differently, it comes across really funny and as though Yu Suzuki trolled us all those years ago :D

Here is a link to the part - https://youtu.be/XoaBPJGzV7Q

"How long does it take to get to Bailu Village?"

"I wouldn't know...If you can keep from getting lost, it'll take two days..."

"Two days..."

"But it could take...your entire life."

"My entire life?!"

"Just kidding. But do watch for wolves."

Haha, I thought it was pretty sickening :rotflmao:
by James Brown
Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

gamesTM Magazine: Yu Suzuki Talks - Shenmue 3 Exc. Interview

The next gamesTM Magazine UK will have an exclusive interview with Yu Suzuki about Shenmue 3, issue will be on sale 13 August

by masterchan777
Mon Aug 10, 2015 7:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: NEW SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER UPDATE - INTERVIEW WITH YU

Hatsune Miku defo deserves respect since she defends our cause so well.

phpBB [video]
by Yokosuka
Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Camera

By instinct and fanboyism, I would say "Keep the same !!". But on the other hand, using the old-fashioned camera could be a lazy trap. Not because a question of field of vision but realism.

When Shenmue released on Dreamcast, we never experimented a camera closer than Ryo's in video games and that was exactly one of the many reasons of why Shenmue felt so immersive. Because it gave somehow consistency to the surrounding elements and Ryo himself. When you play GTA/Sleeping Dogs, you don't have this close relationship with your environment... until you enter an interior place and the camera moves closer to your character like RE4, because the game designers are aware of the trick.

Now that plenty of modern games use an even closer camera, Shenmue could be overtaken in that sense of realism race and look clunky to all of us if Yu opts for nostalgia to please the fans.
But again, assuming none of these games have the slow pace of Shenmue, an action TPS field of view could be pointless. I want to admire easily the scenery around me and identify the surrounding NPC without issues, is this camera really relevant for ? Not viewing directly the person in front of you has never really been a big issue in Shenmue as the game uses cinematographic point of view during conversations.

I really want the classic camera but they are professional. Whatever the team's choice, I would respect it and be happy.
by Yokosuka
Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Japanese guide book scans

The Versus book is fantastic, it captures the Shenmue game design very well. The Shenmue III guide book is now the extra stuff I'm waiting the most with Kenji's artbook, if possible translated !
by Yokosuka
Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

"Play as 1 of 4 characters" - April Edition '99 of GamePro

As early as 1999, GamePro stated you would play as "1 of 4 characters"... Seems the Character Perspective System is something Yu has had in mind for Shenmue for a very long time? Interesting little tit-bit non-the-less :)

by Sonoshee
Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

** Mag Scans Linked **

Hey guys!

As everyone that voted wanted to see the scans, I've decided to go ahead with it. There are 14 pages scanned in so enjoy! Here it is for your viewing pleasure:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6q79vltkb3d0295/AADYj5-bO7mixvyNSmN4jKNwa?dl=0

It may take a sec to load all 14 pages for viewing.
by Telekill
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you call yourself a "nerd" I probably hate you. (redd

Sadly we evolved from animals that roamed in packs so we still have that thing in us telling us to be a part of some kind of culture or family.

The whole nerd culture thing is weird, as it's become part of the mainstream you now have this hipster mentality with the nerds of 'I liked all this stuff before it was cool'. It's a bit sad to think like that but it's like at school when some kid tries super hard to join your group and you're all left wondering what the fuck is he doing. You suddenly have every kid who got made fun of for liking Batman sharing a movie theater with the people who made fun of them 20 years ago. It seems like now that the cool kids have joined the club the nerds are trying to out nerd them to have some kid of weird one up over them so they can finally be the people who decide what is and isn't cool. Ryudo would be one who anytime someone made a topic about a semi popular game would go on some rant about how it was soooo mainstream and sucked because of it, it just comes off as 'if I don't deem this worthy as a true original nerd therefore no one should enjoy this content'. Nerds just seem angry that the kids they don't like are now sharing the treehourse.

Still as much as nerd shit is in the mainstream 90% of the people who go and see the new Fantastic Four movie next month will just enjoy it as a dumb distraction from everyday life for 2 hours and never think about it again once the credits roll. Only 10% will hold it under some microscope. As much as this stuff is in the mainstream it's still only the nerds that really really care about this stuff. It's not like everyone in the world is now going to Comic Con and collecting Game of Thrones action figures, it's still only the same people who did it before.

I still also partly don't think this whole nerd culture now being cool thing is anything super new. Some of the biggest movies that came out before I was even born was Star Wars and Superman. The fact that the internet just makes it easier for people with similar interests to talk to each other just makes it seem like it's a much more common thing then it was before. If I walked into work tomorrow and started talking about Final Fantasy I'm sure 90% of people would have no idea what the fuck I am talking about. I've not been to any kind of school now for over 5 years (fucking courts) but I seriously doubt no one is playing football and they're all sitting around reading Spider-man comics.

As for defining yourself as a nerd. When you say that as one of the first things to define yourself it just shows you have no personality. Sure I like nerdy stuff but I'd describe my personality well before I start telling people that I really like the Marvel movies. I remember in a PM taking the piss out of Dorian as in the first 3 things whenever he described himself he said he was gay. As much as we have this pack mentality still you need to be your own person within those packs and have your own defining characteristics.
by Riku Rose
Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue II Music - Wise Men's Qr. Day (Hip Hop Remix)

The theme from Wise Men's Qr. Daytime with hip-hop/rap percussion added. Thanks to "GamePark". 8)

phpBB [video]
by Sonoshee
Fri Jul 24, 2015 5:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

EDIT: Updates with pics! UK Meetup: The Long Zha

Hi guys, following this thread , a UK Meetup has been organised. Unfortunately the original mastermind (James Churchy) wasn't able to invest time into this, so I tried my best to live up to his dream and whip something up.

If this successful them maybe something a bit bigger can happen next time!
Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/865242423551538/865620513513729/
http://www.shenmue500k.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/shenmue-london-meet-up-664x277.jpg

Father's Heaven, Nine Dragons; Mother's Earth, Cocktails...
//

This November Shenmue fans from London and beyond will be meeting in Central London for an evening of celebrating Shenmue, video game fun, drinks and competitions!

What to expect:
• Prizes Prizes Prizes!

• A Shenmue Pub Quiz
Whether you're in a group or an individual this will be a great ice breaker! Come down and test your knowledge.

• 70 Man Battle & YouArcade competitions!
Ongoing throughout the night. Prizes for best scores!

• A Gamer's Journey: The Definitive History of Shenmue
Exclusive sneak peak at the upcoming Shenmue Documentary

• 'Fancy a game?'
Real life Lucky Hit board!
Test your skills.

• Cosplay!
Best cosplayer gets a prize!

• And much more!
//

LOADING BAR
Loading Bar is the premier space for Gamers to Drink, Relax and Play. Modelled on the Gaming bars of Tokyo, Loading Bar has a range of Modern & Retro consoles to play and serves up a variety of drinks, including cocktails such as Assassins Mead, Earthworm Gin, and Deus Ex on the Beach
http://loadingonline.co.uk/
//

HYPER JAPAN
This event will take place on the same weekend as Hyper Japan! So while we celebrate Shenmue as a video game on Saturday, consider joining some of us to celebrate Japanese culture on the Sunday - tickets can be bought here: http://hyperjapan.co.uk/tickets/.

This event will be a great place to meet others from the Shenmue community and have a fun evening out! Any questions or suggestions then get in touch!

Rob

P.s. If you are interested in helping on the night we need assistance and also people to man the competitions. If you think this is for you please get in touch.
//

Details:
DATE: 28TH NOVEMBER
97 Stoke Newington Road
If visiting London - the location will be easy to get to: London should have 24h tubes running which will make traversing back home easy!

\:D/ =D> :beerchug: :beerchug: =D> \:D/

Small print: this event is not affiliated with Loading Bar, Hyper Japan, Sega, or Ys Net. This is a community meet up and not a paid event. The event is to focus on the things that Shenmue inspired us to enjoy, such as Japanese culture and video games. The prizes on the night are of an insignificant monetary value and are not meant to infringe on the copyrighted IP of Sega.
by robatfreedom
Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Am I the only one who wants to slap Ryo(Fangme's cutscen

I'm talking about the one you get, by completing the whole Fangmei side quest, so spoilers to anyone who hasn't scene it yet).

The good: Ryo goes to comfort Fangmei

Bad: He doesn't follow through

More bad: When Fangmei says he doesn't need to say anything, Ryo being Ryo, doesn't say anything

Good: He promises to come back

Probally bad: Ryo being dense/clueless most surely doesn't realize what he just promised Fangmei, which makes him come off as not only cold hearted, but now cruel as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of Shenhua, but in Ryo's situation, he doesn't know if Shenhua is real, and even if he thinks she is real(which I do believe is the case), he doesn't know her at all, where as he spent plenty of time getting to know Fangmei. On top of which, Fangmei is rather amazing her self, so what the hell is wrong with Ryo?

He should've comforted her like he was going to before he stopped, he then should of hugged her when she confessed, and then Ryo shouldn't emade known, that on his return, he wants nothing more then to spend the rest of his life with her.

Oh ok, yea that's a bit much to expect from Ryo, well he should have atleast comforted her, and hugger her before just leaving like that

She's a little kid that he knows for a grand total of, what... a couple weeks? Maybe three or four, if you're playing slowly?
When you've only met someone a handful of times, you're really not obligated toward any kind of "comforting," much less when the girl in question is fourteen .
You're weird, kid.

And what does Shenhua have to do with anything? He hasn't even met her by that point in the game.

She's 15 currently, only 1 year younger then Nozomi if I recall(think she was 16), and she's hardly alittle kid(she's just short, which shouldn't be held against her, she's Chinese=enough said), she's very mature, by the time Ryo gets back, at very least a year would have past, and in most cultures, she would be at marrying age. I never said he should sleep with her right then, and there.

Read my post again, because you clearly misread what I said about Shenhua.

PS. stop acting like Ryo is 30 or something lol, he's only 18 himself.
by Zoltor
Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 2 Xbox Undub (Japanase voice-over)

The idea is known as long as the game was released. Sadly no-one tried to do this swap or just pick it yet not finished. Dreamcast version on the other hand had more luck and there is realase of such style (english voices swapped with japanase one). Much appreciation to neokogami who explained the basic of the process.

Disclaimer:
Don't expect it to be perfect quality swap. If I use the *.srf files from dremcast version it could be almost perfect... but not every file can be taken from DC and be placed in Xbox version. To chceck why is that or even to insert all compatible files I'll have to spend way too much time. Therefore there will be lipsync and timing issues. Can't stand it? Outta of luck here cause it is not gonna be fixed soon or ever.

sample from neokogami YT page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8iy20MjIq8

sample from my YT page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cY1VaAoH1Jg
What you'll need:

1. Modified Xbox (Xbox 360 not tested)
2. *.iso of Shenmue 2 Xbox game:
how to get *.iso from dvd with original game
or download *.iso from sneso.... 8)
2a. Ethernet cable will be needed to ftp original image back to PC and if you want to try the image on built in hdd.
3. Qwix 1.01 from here or use #xbins
4. 7zip unpacker here
5. Files from links:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6ZP97WLT
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EH99KL5U

https://rapidshare.com/files/1132719362/Shenmue2XboxUndub.7z.001
https://rapidshare.com/files/2973765622/Shenmue2XboxUndub.7z.002

When you acquire the iso all you have to do is to extract it with Qwix.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/4665/extractisoqwix.png
and after that place files from archive into corresponding folder of extracted Shenmue 2.
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4629/putfilesintodir.png

What you also notice is that you don't overwrite files - this is delibirate.
If you don't want to listen english vo ever again rename folders strjap to stream and overwrite files from extracted iso with the ones from archive.
Yet if you wish to keep english voice and japanase simultaneously just use the default STRJAP.xbe.

⋅ To have english vo as default one just copy "default STRJAP.xbe". When you'll want to play japanese dub you'll have to use some kind of dashboard and in "File manager" use "default STRJAP.xbe" to launch game. EDIT: typo in filename def ua lt STRJAP.xbe

⋅ What about the other way aroung? Rename original default.xbe to let's say: "default English.xbe" (this is your choice) and after that rename "default STRJAP.xbe" EDIT: typo in filename def ua lt STRJAP.xbe
to default.xbe. To run game in not default language you'll have to use File Manager just like mentioned above.

Ok... now you can do this three-ways :twisted: either:
⋅ just copy files exracted iso to hdd in Xbox by using ftp connection (e.g. Total Commander) to partiton f:/games (not recommended as there are bunch of small files, and the process is slow)
⋅ or create iso from Qwix left side menu http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/8151/createiso.png and transfer the iso using qwix and avalanche/unleashx dashboards from your Xbox (the best solution, fast and without burning). When experiencing problems disable Firewall / antivirus software.
⋅ or create iso from Qwix left side menu and burn the iso using imgburn or any other burning software

Optional step will save some space but it will not be* enough to fit iso to dvd5 with 2 languages support.

* - to be precise, I didn't test, but original Shenmue 2 Xbox is DVD9 game when you don't use this feature, another is to get rid of the Digest movie from scene/04/movie/s1digest.sfd and e.g. replace it with saturn.sfd from the same directory

BONUS! :twisted:
Do you want to hear originally voiced Yuan? In archive are files to be replaced in strjap/stream if you want to do so. According to user neokogami these are the only files where Yuan is voiced so this should be it.
by kakuzawa
Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: UK Meetup: The Long Zha

Insomniafest.
I went its bloody brilliant.
Birmingham so between the north n south so fair on everyone.
by mrslig100
Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue articles from Japanese magazines

Here are some articles that I found recently. I don't know enough Japanese to translate them, and they don't appear to contain anything we don't already know, but I thought you guys might enjoy them anyways. Maybe someone out there is making an online scrapbook or archive of Shenmue articles? That'd be a great thing to have.

Four pages Project Berkley coverage from Sega Saturn Magazine in 1998:
http://imgur.com/a/nlALB

Three pages of continuing coverage of Shenmue from Dreamcast Fan issue #04 in February 1999
http://imgur.com/a/3hmfM

Two more pages from Dreamcast Fan #14
http://imgur.com/a/LAD8r

And four pages from Famitsu DC in July 2001 about Shenmue II
http://imgur.com/a/ItuXr

They're scanned very large at 600 DPI so they'd be easier to read and for archival purposes. Probably wait to get home if you're on a mobile data plan.
by Phong
Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Confession

This is a must read. Pure dedication and time has been put in this dear post directed towards everyone part of the Shenmue Dojo family.

I have thought very hard, here in this silent room to recollect all my thoughts. I am here to confess of my "crimes" and so hereby, I have mocked everyone and have made all members part of Shenmue Dojo feel very angry and I surely had "gone over the limit". Call it mood swings or whatever, Instances had me saying bad things about someone, getting banned the next moment and just begging for forgiveness (like I am now) to come back to this forum but now I sincerly ask you to gain my recognition and for all of us to just settle down after a tight throwback of difficult times and the dark, not-so-funny mockery I have created. Peter, Henry, Giorgio, Sonoshee, BlueMue. All the moderators, I respect you with my upmost dumb 15 year old heart. You clean up the forums , yet I caused the wreckage that I did and judged all of you with mundane names I called you. No Henry, you are not a American drug dealer, No Peter,Ireland is great. I just want to saty safe now, and change because people can change.

So I did first join here in September 2014 under the stupid username as "Ride The Tiger" because it was Akira's main theme in VF2. I was alright as to how I was behaving until I started ranting over retarded reasons such as why Final Fantasy shouldn't be played by Shenmue fans. Real stupid, and I know it now. Shenmue fans can play anything. I was so immature beyond extent. I then came back as Brosauce and did exactly the same but this time even worse, like a goddamn bastard. (Sorry for the language)After that my ban for Brosauce got me so pissed and so I continued to create accounts (pretending to be other people) so that I cold stay at the Dojo, dumb idea, I know.

With those accounts however, I still failed to portray humane behaviour so of course I'd get my teenage ass banned again, getting me more and more frustrated which is purely the reason why I backlashed at them as I did not so long ago. In fact, it was about 5 days ago. I would be creating topics just for attention as well applying stylish avatars and a set profile build "to look cool" Peter knows this very well too. (Sorry man)
I give you impeccable Respect for dealing with me at past times.

So with the conspiracy that I am not who I say I am.. It is very true who I am. I am honestly 15 years old and a Shenmue fan because of my brother. (lets ditch the British-Asian talk, goddamit south carmain lol) Why didint my brother join the forum? I have no clue. I love Shenmue and play it, well until my house being rebuilt has stopped me.
I am using a mobile phone to post if you didin't know. :) So it's quite difficult, indeed.

With the most ultimate thing in existance (Shenmue 3) coming, I would just really love to post here and there regarding Shenmue related stuff and some off topic things, keeping it cool and not getting overhand whilst getting banned ever again. You guys have my I.P adress so I seriously don't want to get banned on this username too, that would suck too much. It's way too special to me, my Counter Strike username.

I think that this is one of the most greatest forums to ever be created, because Shenmue FTW! And the members here are so passionate and the gullible banter due to their great sense of humour. I would love to thank Yama for such a brilliant forum, such dedication put towards the Shenmue Dojo website too! Haha :D

My promise is to you; to be on my best behaviour. I am only 15 years old for heaven's sake with undoubtly much to learn a grow out from so my posts will not even matter much but it's great to join a loving community and share my thoughts. I aspire you guys, such badass characters. I will dedicate myself and not post meaningless topics, but only important or good. All I am asking is for one more chance, one more chance at Dojo. Thanks for taking the time to read the post, thank you. I am very certain this thread will be deleted with me banned especially Peter doing it. Please. Give me the last chance.

Edit* Look at how many times I've edited this gigantic post, man I am really getting desperate now..
by muhu
Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What was the one thing you found unique about Shenmue?

You can tell me you liked the story or the mini games or even the Hilariously good VA.

I liked all the above but there is one thing i found very intresting about the shenmue duolgy(soon to be trilogy!!).
What i found the most unique was the culture.By that i mean how Yu suzuki choose the make the game based around Japan and China.Since japan and china arent BFFs i diddnt expect to ever see a game that allows you to embrace both cultures without making one of them inferior.

I really loved how Yu suzuki decided to have

S1 in Japan
S2 in China
S3 in China

I really learnt alot about both cultures from the game.This game when it is played by chineese people(china is allowing playstations to be sold now) could help strenghten the relationshio between both repective countries.But thats going on a new topic.

Overall i am hoping We get Shenmue 4 and 5 after Shenmue 3.
I would love to see Shenmue 4 in Japan again since it could bring back Nozomi.Do any of you think we might see future Shenmue games that introduce us to even more cultures?
by Senpai Gamer
Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dojo history, rivalries & revelations

C'mon everyone, we were all doing SO WELL at not responding to his apparent attention-seeking weird/provocative posts before, let's stay on track...
by St. Elmo's Fire
Tue Jul 28, 2015 2:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You are not authorised to read this forum.
by Guest

Jump to topic

Grandia II HD Coming to GOG.com

http://rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2015/072915b.html

No firm release date yet, but scheduled for some time during 2015. This is gonna be hard to not look into for me, although a physical/console release would have been excellent. Not sure how much of a benefit HD will be for this older game, but im still curious to check it out anyway since its such a classic. Also note in the link that Grandia II won the Battle System Royale polls at RPGamer... dat battle system doe :shock:
by AnimeGamer183
Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

No one in the world except someone in silicon valley has a chance of doing ANYTHING of the sort from complete scratch.
At least not today unless they have tonnes of transistors caps resistors and kilowatts of electricity at thier disposal :P

Im more on about repairing/modding knackered components type of DIY.
Make a dreamcast read off of a HDD or SD with a bit of solder and some wire or swap out some memory modules from a board kind of DIY.

If anyone has a complex for manufacturing silicon chips then for the love of god email me!!!
by mrslig100
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Latest Purchases

But where on the internet. Where no use with each others hardware unless...
Oh no...
THE OUTSIDE!
DEAR GOD SOMEONE MAKE IT STOP!!!
by mrslig100
Wed Jul 29, 2015 8:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grandia II HD Coming to GOG.com

I have actually played Grandia II on Dreamcast, PS2, and PC back in the day. All the versions were good but I think the best version was the Dreamcast version, then PC then PS2, it did not have the best PS2 port. Anyway, the consolers should know that the GOG.com HD version will have controller support so get that Xbox 360 controller out as its the closest thing to DC, and im pretty sure system requirements are low, so most everyone should be able to play. I wonder how much it will be? I think $15-30 is fair.
by AnimeGamer183
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Grandia II HD Coming to GOG.com

Many fond memories of playing Grandia 2 in vga mode on my PC's CRT monitor and Dreamcast. :)
by Sonikku
Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

>Fatboy Slim
10/10
phpBB [video]
by mrslig100
Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Song Are You Listening To Now?

phpBB [video]
by mrslig100
Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue - The Cutting Room Floor

Not sure if any of you have ever heard of The Cutting Room Floor wiki before, but it's a wiki dedicated to unused and cut content from video games - including characters, weapons, locations, graphics, debug menus; everything - and it's pretty damn fascinating, especially when you stumble across something you had absolutely no clue about from one of your favourite games.

However, take a guess which game is completely missing from the site. That's right - Shenmue ! It's really surprising given the vast amount of content that was cut and/or ultimately unused in the end, and I think everyone will agree that the game(s) deserve a place on the website. As it's a wiki, absolutely anybody can contribute and edit content once they've created an account, and we have a great community of people dedicated to unearthing all the hidden bits and bobs in the game here at the Dojo, so why don't we take this on as a project of sorts? I'm game, for sure!

How about it? :D
by ShenGCH
Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Feminism

Sarkeesian is a flat out opportunist.

I also admire her in that she knows how to con people into believing nonsense and profit off it. She's a modern day Jordan Belfort but with actual supporters.
by Kenny
Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II (PAL) for US Dreamcast - Can't Boot (Searched

Are you saying that the Disc 2 boots ok, but not the Disc 1? Does it not load under vga only or it doesn't load at all?

If the first, try the link above, the codebreaker. There are 2 isos in that link: one is a bootloader, and the other is the codebreaker itself. I don't know why they didn't made it a single disc...

If the second, well, maybe your dc have a problem with that specific disc, the disc itself may have some damage. I have a skies of arcadia that the first disc loops at the "produced by sega" screen, so I have to begin a new game and load saves through disc 2, which asks me then to swap to disc 1, and then I can play.
by strider16
Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:22 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Shenmue Trademark Information

Multiple threads about a copyright and a trademark seems a bit excessive to me. It seems like many of us have forgotten Shenmue 3, with Sega's blessing, was just announced.
by mjq jazz bar
Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: If you call yourself a "nerd" I probably hate you. (redd

Where do you find this shit? Obviously that guy is biased and butt hurt about nerds, and possibly jealous? So negative too, I mean who makes an entire article about hating on something else? Fuck that, you could just choose to ignore it, you dont have to like it, but let them do what they want. Why is he so concerned about it? Is society gonna break and never be able to return because of this, or mass people caused pain and suffering because of it? Jesus man, its not that big of a deal, they are different from you, get over it.
by AnimeGamer183
Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

FINALLY beat Shenmue II for the first time!

Sorry if this has been done many, many times before, but I thought that I would just share my experience with Shenmue II.

There were a couple people who saw my post about playing Shenmue II in the New Users topic, but I decided to finally complete Shenmue II for the first time (on the other hand, I have beaten Shenmue I three times. :lol: ).

I had played it before, but on the X360. I stopped once I got to Kowloon a few years back because I was finding the X360 controller to be waaaay too precise and hypersensitive, which made mini games and QTEs to be incredibly difficult for me and also the emulation being poor (with the music cutting out all the time) made the experience less enjoyable.

But after the FFVIIR/Shenmue III announcement and completing FFVII once again, I got myself an original Xbox and played through both games. The experience was much more enjoyable this time and you guys weren't kidding about Kowloon being awesome. That was some of the best fun I've had in a video game in a long time, especially the Yellow Head Building.

I think the tone of the game grew on me more this time around. I am a really big fan of the very detailed world of Shenmue I where we know everyone and their daily schedules and was kinda disappointed to see that kinda went away in the second game. This time around, I kinda understand now that was meant to represent a new and unknown world to Ryo and that it wasn't meant to be that detailed. At the same time, it was still as big (and even bigger) than Shenmue I in different ways and I was able to enjoy some of the open world stuff that was presented in Shenmue II in new and different ways.

Glad I was finally able to complete it this time around and I truly enjoyed it this time around. I can't wait what Shenmue III has to offer. :D
by Saven
Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

Here's a nice video review of someone who just finished Shenmue for the first time.

phpBB [video]
by Dragon St.
Sun Aug 02, 2015 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

Hello everyone ! How are you ?

Today on August 3rd, fans from all around the world are welcome to tweet and use the hashtag #SaveShenmueHD to spread the word on Twitter!

We've achieved something really great and Shenmue III is finally on its way. However, while we are waiting for it, let's try to give a chance to all the fans out there to get their hands on the first two games. It only takes like 20 seconds and if we spread it all together, we can make it happen again !

Here are the details :

http://teamyu.net/Shenmue.III?action=saveshenmuehd

I also have something special to announce today.

Last year, I had the chance to meet Yu Suzuki and interviewed him regarding Shenmue and Shenmue III. Best thing coming out of this was to share with you all the latest informations I could get. Many of you really appreciated my work, or atleast, that's the feeling I was getting from your messages. I've never felt so much love and can't thank you enough for that.

During the Kickstarter, I was going to pledge 2000 dollars because that's the maximum I had for it, but during the last days I've decided to reduce it to 600 dollars. The reason is because I had another project that I wanted to get done for me and for you. And here it is : a new interview with Yu Suzuki !

Since it's official now I can finally announce it : I will meet Yu Suzuki in September in Japan. It wasn't something easy to do as I had to cut my pledge, sell some of my rare video games gems in order to gather enough money for the flight and fees I will have to handle in Japan, but I am glad that it was possible.

Meeting Yu Suzuki once again is something I am really looking forward to. I will bring in my own questions. However, since I've also been doing this for you, I am going to ask YOURS. Of course, I might not be able to ask all of them but as always, I will do my best.

So here we go :

What kind of questions would you like me to ask ?

What are you looking forward ?

Share anything that you're thinking about even if that's not a question, I'll try to turn it into one.

You can either answer directly through comments or you can send your questions to : [email protected]
I cannot provide details about the day of the interview and when it will be published on Shenmue 500k, Shenmue Dojo and Shenmue Master, but whenever I am allowed to do so, you'll be the first to know.

My dream of working as Shenmue III Community Manager is far ahead and It's highly possible that It'll never come true, but that's as far as I am willing to go to show my motivation and how much I am into this to make it happen.

Thanks for your continued support, it helps me a lot.

Best regards,

David

( french and japanese translations below )

En français :

Bonjour à tous !

Aujourd'hui, j'ai quelque chose d'important à annoncer. J'espère que vous prendrez le temps de lire ce que je vais écrire. Merci à vous !

L'année dernière, j'ai eu l'opportunité de rencontrer Yu Suzuki et de l'interviewer sur l'avenir de Shenmue et bien évidemment, Shenmue III . Ce qui m'a fait le plus plaisir était de pouvoir partager avec vous de nouvelles informations et d'après vos commentaires, vous étiez très satisfaits du contenu. Les messages de remerciements étaient nombreux et je vous en remercie encore une fois. Cela m'avait fait chaud au coeur.

J'avais un budget d'environ 2000 dollars lors de la campagne Kickstarter de Shenmue III . Il était destiné à l'un des rewards "Dragons Don't Sleep" mais j'ai décidé durant les derniers jours de réduire mon don à 600 dollars et de céder la récompense à un fan. La raison pour laquelle j'ai réduit mon pledge est que j'avais un autre projet en tête qui nécessitait de l'argent et je tenais à le réaliser pour moi, et aussi pour vous. Aujourd'hui, c'est officiel et je peux donc l'annoncer : une autre interview de Yu Suzuki est prévue !

C'est donc au mois de septembre que je vais revoir Yu Suzuki afin de l'interviewer et partager tout cela avec vous, une fois de plus. Cela n'a pas été facile car il m'a fallu vendre une partie de ma collection de jeux vidéo et comme indiqué ci-dessus, descendre mon pledge à 600 dollars afin de me payer le billet d'avion et tous les frais que j'aurai une fois sur place. Mais je l'ai fait aussi bien pour moi, que pour vous.

Rencontrer Yu Suzuki à nouveau est une chose que j'attends avec impatience. Mais je ne tiens pas à tout garder pour moi et je compte vous faire participer. En effet, je vais effectivement lui poser mes propres questions, mais je souhaiterais poser les vôtres également.

Quelles questions souhaiteriez-vous que je lui pose ?

Quelles sont vos attentes ?

Si vous avez des suggestions etc, n'hésitez pas à les écrire.

Vous pouvez poser vos questions directement via les commentaires ou les envoyer à : [email protected]

Je ne suis pas en mesure de pouvoir donner la date de publication de l'interview, ni la date précise à laquelle elle aura lieu, mais dès que j'aurai le feu vert, vous serez les premiers informés.

L'objectif aujourd'hui est d'apporter de nouvelles choses aux différentes communautés le temps que le développement de Shenmue III progresse.

Mon rêve de pouvoir travailler en tant que Community Manager via le projet Shenmue III est encore loin et ne se réalisera peut-être jamais, mais je suis prêt à me rendre au Japon et à mes frais si cela peut augmenter mes chances. J'espère atteindre un jour mon objectif grâce à ma motivation et mon envie de bien faire.

Encore merci à vous tous de m'avoir soutenu jusqu'à aujourd'hui. Cela m'a énormément aidé.

J'attends vos questions avec impatience !

A très bientôt !

David

日本語:

皆さん、お元気ですか。

本日、大切なことを発表させていただきたいです。本文を読んで頂けたら、嬉しいです。

去年の9月18日にシェンムーとシェンムーIIIについてのインタビューを鈴木さんと行わせて頂くことが出来ました。おかげさまで、新しい情報をゲットして、世界中のシェンムーファンの皆さんにお伝えできたのは一番良いことでした。感謝のメッセージが沢山届いたことが嬉しかったです。

シェンムーIIIのKickstarterのキャンペーンの間、私は2千ドルぐらいを支援する予定がありましたが、今回の私の企画のために、2千ドルの支援のお金を6百ドルに減らしました。その企画は確定されましたので、このページで皆さんに発表します。昨年に引き続き、今年も鈴木さんと一緒に会い、インタビューを行わせて頂くことになりました!

確定できるため、支援を減らして、自分のゲームコレクションも売ることにして、簡単ではありませんでしたが、飛行機の切符と来日する期間の資金を用意することが出来ました。

今回は、自分の質問だけではなく、可能であれば、シェンムーファンの皆さんの質問を考慮して、鈴木さんに伝えていきたいと思っています。なので、皆さん、私が鈴木さんに聞いて欲しい質問内容は何でしょうか。何について期待していますか。

質問がありましたら、是非コメントを残してください。または、こちらのメールでご質問を受け付けています。

メール : [email protected]

シェンムーIIIに関する仕事「コミュニティマネージャー」として働かせていただきたいという夢を叶えるために一生懸命頑張りたいですが、実現するかどうかまだ分かりません。ですが、諦めたくないので、最後までアピールしていきたいです。

今まで応援してくださった皆さんに大変感謝しております。

質問をお待ちしております。

デュビル・ダビッド

http://s9.postimg.org/smmg8xiun/david_yu.png
by DEVILLE_David
Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue, character models, locations etc.

Hi, it seems that passport models are not available anywhere afaik, so after using some passport models to render some pics I thought it would be awesome to see more renders from everyone using this models.

So I'll share some of them, the ones that are less broken.

I'll try to fix the others and I will share them too, of course any improvement is wellcome!

Xiuying

http://i.imgur.com/jGhavdb.png
https://mega.co.nz/#!9RomWJ5A!iuLae3OC6F9VsJWnnj6mwSSYooQe1KpEM8vPuvxd6ck

Nozomi

http://i.imgur.com/2M5olPw.png

https://mega.co.nz/#!AJInTJoC!1BzJXHhZBb6ZM5kd8Y6epTRGcL2tft94rWoFkTmFG4Q

I can't wait to see others creations.

Note: The models are in .max format.

Enjoy!
by Esppiral
Mon Nov 10, 2014 8:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue Music Download | Listen @ShenmueMusic.com

All YouTube Playlists @ ShenmueMusic.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxZrVCa517w

Shenmue Original Soundtrack Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6393AB2853560583&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?a00qq2s4jq8ybdj
Lossless Quality (FLAC): Part 1 Part 2
Part 3 Part 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWm8Gml8w4w

Shenmue Orchestra Version Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEE5FC23F50D4E87F&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?m19e88qe9iuk5j8
Lossless Quality (FLAC): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?h7auw1g0upw6n6c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm9rIfVbMqg

Shenmue Online BGM Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLC774B2F232D2DD98&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?xu247ndmbb4ac9n

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_2zVHXVTBY
Shenmue Cutscene Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE94E2CA09AE4F238&feature=plcp

Download: (Part 1) http://www.mediafire.com/?wazvu11h92atfzi
Download: (Part 2) http://www.mediafire.com/?vdji71ymwxb1gb9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1Am9xYC7nk
Shenmue FREE Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCB745D6F41FE45ED&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?toalttpvcskkis1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz3Kn-Ej0Cg
Shenmue In-Game Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLE7AA87FDDCCE4A72&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?jk0rk8hik60gbf1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1qTexVaXnX0
Shenmue Passport Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9EFC55A98DF06C88&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?3tj8ei4g982b31y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaQQOQp6sqE
Shenmue Cassette Tape Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL92C7B667DB78D19A&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?edyd15vfss2eh6g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Us8tk1eExc
Shenmue Misc Music
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4BFF9D4AFF74C9FE&feature=plcp

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?uqws0md92d4mg58

Shenmue II: Aberdeen Music
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1KNsl25h2E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgWTOr1E1CE

Aberdeen Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL91B00B28F8527709&feature=plcp

Download: In-Game music
Download: Cutscene music

Shenmue II: Wan Chai Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFSxCQqXd54

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HgVgF4j7lU

Wan Chai Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9B597859AF18032E

Shenmue II: Kowloon Music
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcyMn6hqCII

https://youtu.be/ghDi8L6eFWM

Kowloon Playlist
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7D5DA7E5D95F1CBC

Shenmue II: Guilin Music
https://youtu.be/qE6xxYBgx28

Guilin Playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL3BC9A1C95E5D2EF4

Download: Guilin music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaVKbCkxdPw
Shenmue Singles Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?eox53gspb7pp8ra
Lossless Quality (FLAC): http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=44503&p=1020012#p1020012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnWR-xDlg3M
Shenmue JukeBox Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?37w4578lwuv3gfu
Lossless Quality (FLAC): http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?607hoza9ds0brss

https://youtu.be/Qd4MyNqI0fo
Kickstarter Theme Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?gp3mjpd0p03jvhz

Older Xbox Music Recordings
http://www.shenmuedojo.net/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/Shenmue-II-COVERsmall.jpg

Jukebox & Misc
http://www.mediafire.com/?nh2yz8aveab864y

Aberdeen
http://www.mediafire.com/?yjoscp5dy79zedz

Wan Chai
http://www.mediafire.com/?gggbzav0gr0wqcw

Kowloon
http://www.mediafire.com/?jdrhdc2iqligcqz

Guilin
http://www.mediafire.com/?9i77oerdhsxadd5 [/quote]
by Ziming
Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Favorite Dojo moments?

amiga1200, fair enough, I did think you were another user, wasn't that sure who, but now I don't. I apologise for being a dick before..

Cyberman, your Jeff alter egos put mine to shame back in the day. :sad:
by St. Elmo's Fire
Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Created some hi-res Shenmue logo PNGs for general use.

Hey, I was going to do some fan-graphic design but couldn't find any high res PNGs on a quick Google search. I probably didn't look very hard though tbh. So if there are already tons of similar logos out there, then fair enough, never mind. :)

Either way, I ended up making my own. They're not perfect but if you scale them down to normal web-sizes they should look ok.

I'm posting them here so people can be free to use a high-res logo however they wish. In youtube banners, twitch overlays, facebook, twitter etc.

LOGO (black)
http://i.imgur.com/ImGDXLA.png

LOGO (white)
http://i.imgur.com/g5cPg6s.png

LOGO (phoenix)
NEW*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmuephoenix.png

LOGO (dragon)
NEW*
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmuedragon.png

LOGO (Japanese)
http://i.imgur.com/EoxP0Cu.png

ART (Tiger on Ryo's Jacket)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/ryojacket2.png

And here's a fanart boxart I did for good measure showing all graphics together. Shows how they look scaled down.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/shenmueboxart3.png

Edit: If anyone is looking for something specific let me know in the replies. Like if you want a twitch banner at A x B dimensions with image C and the logo in the middle etc.

EG: http://i.imgur.com/K4XdXV1.jpg
BLANK: http://i.imgur.com/pUeeodF.jpg

Edit2: As a bonus, here's a high res box art of Sonic 3 (Japanese version)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5333907/sonicposter.jpg

I made this as a christmas present for a friend, and there's lots of sega fans here so I suppose I'll include it here. Feel free to use it, or get a print of it etc. if you so wish.
by ash55
Sun Jun 21, 2015 1:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Wallpapers

Hey guys!

FOR FULL SIZE / QUALITY IMAGES FOR DESKTOP WALLPAPER
DOWNLOAD FROM: https://www.flickr.com/photos/134152289@N03/

Wanted to use some of the new art / images from the Kickstarter to use as a desktop background but unfortuantely the images are rather small and low quality when blown up as background. So I've taken the nice image of Ryo and Shenhua walking in Guilin and took out most of the noise and crap that would show up when blown up and added lens flare and a couple of nice soft filters to make it look a bit water coloured. Even though it's a 600x382 image, it looks really nice as my 1920x1080 display.

http://i.imgur.com/4oLSwEq.png

Without Flare:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/331/18706829840_19acc25519_z.jpg
With Flare:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/426/18708376479_b0a96e8af1_z.jpg
With Flare And Logo:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/395/19030619581_61c9d8d9ce_z.jpg

Without Logo:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3775/18895877071_6bae2e4388_z.jpg
With Logo:
https://c4.staticflickr.com/4/3949/19030633551_fe22f9c4e6_z.jpg

Without Flare:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/402/18271241664_f6c56fdf51_z.jpg
With Flare:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/331/18893805375_a28afc3cb2_z.jpg
With Flare And Logo:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/257/18406840673_54de9fd0f5_z.jpg

Without Logo:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/540/18898185651_880bdb99c7_z.jpg
With Logo:
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/446/19001293946_0bf14bff94_z.jpg

Trippy Wallpaper =P~ :
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/286/18841316829_900f550bba_z.jpg

Here is a link to the full size images:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/134152289@N03/

If anyone has any wallpaper they have made they want to share please do :)
by James Brown
Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic