Search found 7 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue Undub [Japanese Speech Mod] [CD-R 80/99/GDI]

I added version .cdi on the first page, If you have a problem, try this version.
by kogami
Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Today I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue!

Hey guys, today is the first day I introduce my girlfriend to Shenmue I. I have the Dreamcast all dusted set up and ready, any tips on how or if I should help her in the game? I feel like I want her to experience it properly without trying to spoil it. I've literally been going on at her every day since the announcement haha. We have just had a two week vacation, every day I was on the kickstarter and dojo forums so I think she gets the message. :P
by Birty
Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I finished playing through the 99-min version last night. Thank you kogami for all your hard work put into this. For someone like me who prefers the original voice acting, this was very enjoyable to play through. I hope in the future someone helps you translate the remaining Japanese script. =D>

For anyone who's complained in this thread about these discs not being optimised: that's a load of rubbish. The problem is not with kogami's optimisation, as he used the GD-ROM sort order. The problem is the *.mds/*.mdf format and Alcohol 120%. Either convert the images to *.cdi like I did, or download kogami's recently uploaded *.cdi version. Burn using IMGburn with the DiscJuggler plug-in.

I originally had the same laser grinding/read issues that have been reported by others, but after burning the *.cdi versions, everything reads smoothly, with the laser not working any harder than when reading the original GD-ROM.
As long as you have a burner compatible with 99-min discs, you should have no problem with this.
by zaneiken
Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

J'ai acheté un vieux graveur de marque Pionneur (15€) exprès pour pouvoir graver Shenmue sur des CD-R99 min et perso je n'ai rencontré aucun bug sur les 3 CD. J'ai une Dreamcast Neuve qui à servie peu de fois donc peut-être aussi que ça joue. Les CD je les est trouvé sur le net à l'époque du projet.

Il y'a que le CD 3 qui ne passe pas du 1er coup car il me manqué de la place sur le CD et je n'ai pas rajouté ce qu'il fallait pour le bootage automatique mais une fois ingame, plus aucun soucis.

J'avais le choix de faire comme ça ou bien de lancer le CD Utopia avant, j'ai préféré cette solution quitte à relancer le CD plusieurs fois pour qui démarre.

The 3 % which stays in Japanese are not absolutely embarrassing for the understanding of the story because it is about certain PNJ. I am satisfied to learn that everything works well on your dreamcast
by kogami
Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: High res passport models mod for shenmue ?

Check Youtube. It's possible.

phpBB [video]
by Fenix
Mon Jul 20, 2015 11:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 2 Full English Xbox Speech mod for Sega Dreamcas

The free speech seems to be better in disc 1 than the cut scenes. I'll post another view later with scenes from free speech on disc 1. I haven't played any one disc 2/3/4 of this version so I cant comment on those yet.

The release is quite good. But I bet with if someone could optimize it (removing unneeded and duplicate files) we could have a perfect English Shenmue II on Dreamcast via 99 Min CD-R. I really hope someone can pick up this project.
by Nico0020
Wed Jul 22, 2015 3:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

kogami, please upload a cdi version of the 80min release with the disc 2 fix

pleaseeee
by MaxTheRabbit
Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic