Search found 10 matches

Return

Thanking the dojo and it's members

Hello.
I am a new member to the dojo, pleased to meet you all. I finally decided to create an account given the recent events (shenmue 3 existing). Although i never registered i have been visiting the dojo over the years in order to remind myself that i wasn't alone in loving this game.
Like many others, i had given up hope of ever playing any new shenmue game, but you guys kept the hope alive and maintained your commitment to it.
Thank you, it's because of you that the kickstarter exists, it's because of you that the story can continue.

May the dojo live forever.

Sorry if the texts has any mistakes in spelling or grammar, being portuguese, english is my second language.
by zema
Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ouch, the comments on the youtube trailer are harsh...

I wouldn't worry too much.
Those commenters are evaluating a game's worth in a rushed trailer that does not represent the visual quality the game will have in the future. And of course some of those comments are from trolls or fanboys that are mad that the game is not going to be released in their system of choice.
Have faith in Yu and his team.
by zema
Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:52 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ScottishDuck17- I Was On The Shenmue 3 Countdown Stream!

It really is amazing.
No other game announcement could get reactions such as these.

I didn't see anyone crying with the announcement of final fantasy 7 remake, or with the last guardian.

The power of shenmue is truly astounding.
by zema
Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The New Character Model I have the Most Issues With

That Lan Di is not a model from the game.
It's from the cgi of shenmue online.
by zema
Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA Europe regarding more PC ports: "Stay tuned"

freakycritter wrote:
Giorgio wrote: Shenmue 1 & 2 HD and Skies of Arcadia HD, would be megatons by SEGA-SAMMY.

lol why the hell call Sega Sammy now.

Because the sega we know from the old days is gone.
After Sammy acquired Sega, they simply stopped making good games.
by zema
Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you believe in English dub massive improvement ?

Yu needs these guys:

Moving from GTA 4 to GTA 5, Rockstar North wanted a story that would feel more mature. Not in terms of the violence, Morton insists (GTA has always been supremely violent), but in terms of feeling and tone. He flew to LA for recording sessions with hundreds of actors. Directors from Rockstar would have the "talent" in the booths, holding the scripts Rockstar North had produced.

"Given the fact GTA 5 was so big, it would be difficult for somebody who hasn't had a history in games of that size to just jump in and make something that big," Morton says.

"Me overseeing the dialogue for so many past GTAs, I had a better chance than most of making GTA 5's dialogue a success. I'm really pleased that came off. It's a genuine highlight of my career to have been involved in that."

Authenticity was a big part of GTA 5's design. So, for the video game gang members, voice actors who were previously real life gang members were hired. "They had turned their lives around and become actors," Morton says, "which in LA does happen.

"They'd look at the script and sometimes say, 'I wouldn't say that.' And we'd give them the freedom to make it their own."

One of GTA's more controversial - and long-standing - elements is the ability to pay for sex with prostitutes. It's been a staple of the series for years, so much so that the shock value has kind of worn off at this point.

For Craig and Will, though, it never got any easier to record a prostitute's dialogue. "There are a lot of people in the control room," Conner says. "There's the actress, being very professional, she's doing her lines and everything, and then, like, 'yeah, could you just give us a...'"

"We need something to sound very slurpy," Morton interjects.

"And now if you could just imagine you're getting - I'm thinking of a nice word to say - you're having sex with your client," Conner says. "It just goes from bad to worse. And it's so embarrassing."

Will Morton has a loftier ambition: "I would love to work on bringing Shenmue back to life," he says. "I'm genuinely a big fan of Shenmue 1 on the Dreamcast and Shenmue 2 on the Xbox. I would love be able to help re-envisage that for the next gen."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-11-25-the-reality-is-were-not-really-interesting

That would be amazing if they could be involved in S3. I wonder if Suzuki/Biscay/Corsi are aware of this.

Well if he is indeed interested in it, he has most likely already expressed his desire to work on shenmue to yu, unless he is unable to do so because of a contract exclusivity with rockstar or another company.

That said, it wouldn't hurt to tweet about this to Biscay and Suzuki san.
by zema
Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Happy birthday Dreamcast!

Best gaming console of all time.

I had a blast with the dreamcast and treasure it like no other console.

I miss the old sega :(

By the way that list does not display shenmue 2, the best game for any system let alone the dreamcast (I know it was not released in the USA, but ikaruga is on that image and it was only released in Japan, i think).
by zema
Wed Sep 09, 2015 4:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Video Game Quotes you like.

Castle shikigami 2:

I like girls but now it's about justice.

Halo 2 is bad in your opinion. It honestly is one of the greatest FPSs ever made, according to many people.
Precisely... You like Halo 2 he doesn't, it's all subjective. Stop criticizing tastes.
I for one also like the final fantasies for the ps1 and dislike halo 2.
by zema
Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Making a custom shenmue arcade stick

Hi guys, being a long time fighting game fan, i finally decided it was time to try playing with a stick.
So i bought the venom árcade stick for ps4 and ps3.
Here it is:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/510vrHSsA9L._SL1000_.jpg

sorry for the size of the image.
That aside, i thought it would be cool to use some shenmue art on top.
I kindly ask you guys if you have any good ideas for the art and high resolution images at that.

By the way, i'm changing the buttons and joystick too, they will be black/grey .
Here they are:
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lxwAAOSwR0JUNQqB/s-l300.jpg
http://i01.i.aliimg.com/wsphoto/v0/2048848145/Black-Original-Sanwa-Joystick-JLF-TP-8YT-Arcade-Jamma-game-Joystick-Wobble-Switch-8-ways.jpg_640x640.jpg

By the way guys, the template should look something like this:
http://i.imgur.com/EQ4EOia.jpg
So beware of the buttons and joystick placement on your sugestions.

Thanks guys, and sorry for this gigantic post.
by zema
Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Missing chapters in Saturn version?

I had always thought that maybe the saturn version had more story content past meeting shenhua.
However it never ocurred to me that there might be other content of story elements that happen before that. This is fascinating stuff.

Just how much story does the saturn version have?
Now i'm guessing the saturn version is nowhere near being in a finished playable version, so that version being released is definetely not happening.

I would, however, love it if shenmue 3 had lots of extras with new vídeos from the saturn version.
by zema
Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic