Search found 38 matches

Return

Re: Monaco Magic 2016 - Official Discussion Topic

Also, the "surprise" next to Astroboy and Shenmue III is likely to be an animation.
by Yokosuka
Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks Zim. I'm trying my best to keep up, but if anyone could find my legs, please return them to me thanks lol.

There's a lot of walking here, to and from the hotel. Checked out the Grimaldi Forum today and got the bearings of the area. Trying to take as many photos as I can and upload them on the go. Today was just a few, tomorrow there will hopefully be more. I swear, time is going by in the blink of an eye!

Just back at the hotel at the moment, recharging the batteries. Have some preparation to do here, then I think later, it will be meeting up with the shenmuemaster guys, which will be awesome!
by Peter
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Also, the "surprise" next to Astroboy and Shenmue III is likely to be an animation.

May it be the "Samurai lone wolf (and cub)" anime Yu did retweet the kickstarter page yesterday ? Run by the mighty Awesome Japan... :-k

That's the other news. Awesome Japan is planning to buy YSnet very soon. Stay tuned ;-)

haha, You dragged the family to see Yu Suzuki too? Awesome! :mrgreen:

If I'm not wrong, the "Family Guy" in the picture is Shenmue Dojo user "rdk_nl" :mrgreen:

Yes, correct; I'm the "Family Guy".

Arrived today from AMS to NCE. Stay in Beaulieu-sur-Mer; a nice little town, only some minutes by public transport to Monaco.

Was present at 2013 MAGS (Monaco Anime Game Show) alone.
Went back in 2014 with my own Family and Parents, unfortunately no show that year.
2015 Magic-IP was planned, but I had to cancel because of chickenpox within the family.
2016 Was planned immediately after the 2015 cancelation, but I never thought SIII release was upcoming.

Glad to be here for the 2nd time during Mags/Magic Show.
by rdk_nl
Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

I had to take some time off the past week because of the negativity that goes on around here, from a few members in particular. Everyone's entitled to their opinion.

Yesterday we got an awesome update, ok there was a bit of photoshop business going on, but big deal. We got new images, we learned this man is living day and night in the office to make sure we have the best Shenmue 3 possible, and finally that for a change, Awesome Japan are on the ball with lining up surveys for the organisation of rewards in around 6-7 months time! How awesome is that!

Now I've just read through 14 pages of general optimism, and rightfully so, except for Yokosuka and Rikitatsu. Literally, just constant whining and picking the tiniest if holes with no substantial proof of what's going on in YSNET. Now all of a sudden, there's a mystery "source" which was private but now Yokosuka is also aware of (coincidence no?).

Either way, I don't care, but here's the bottom line right now: we value every member that comes here, and encourage all opinions for the series. But for the past year at least, I've had to sit and read various criticisms and put downs of the team and the game, constant negativity at almost EVERYTHING they do. It's due to this that I've had contact from various members throughout the community, old members from here as well as people who haven't signed up yet but refuse to because of the negativity that's spread here, and that's where I am drawing the line. I'm not having this place become a comfort zone for your negativity. So, in plain English, if you want to micro analyse this series with a raincloud over your heads, take yourself somewhere else and do it. Register http://www.negativeshenmuefans.com and moan about life there. See that sign above the door? It says Shenmue Dojo, a place for FANS of the series to chat and immerse themselves in the greatness that the series is. You don't post here daily, spurting negativity with zero balance to the positives of the series, and I've barely seen it, if anything over the past year.

Enough is enough, so from here on out, that's the end of it. If you don't like it, there's the door over there. Don't let it hit you on the way out.
by Peter
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think we need to let Yu work on the game the fuck alone xD
by shredingskin
Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

(source)

I really, really want to play this game !
by celsowm
Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://scontent.fgig4-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15338883_10154907756512682_244348003811205156_n.jpg?oh=36811be6e9bf02185a4c6156cd1adf0e&oe=58E6C6BD
( source )

I really, really want to play this game !
Oh wow, this collage highlights how the game has actually improved, visually. It's definitely several magnitudes more vibrant.

Right? They seem to be really honing in on the palette and contrast. It's never going to be as vibrant as a Dreamcast (much less one through SCART or something lol - I know RGB might be less overly contrasty and therefore more 'accurate' to many, but SCART was insanely colorful at least.) But they're going to get as close as they can I think to DC's colors.

I think games have been washed out so long many devs don't even remember how colorful things used to be. Some of it was because of lesser color depth. As we've pursued greater and great color depth we've tried to emulate reality, which is never as strikingly colorful as lower depth, higher contrast color modes used to be in games imo. So it's almost like they have to unlearn the status quo and go backwards to get it right lol.

I loved Sonic Generations and continue to love many Nintendo games for that reason.
by Anonymous81
Fri Dec 16, 2016 8:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic