Search found 98 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 sales & franchise future

nice. Shenmue-do 莎木道 :D [..]

i'm just wondering why they chose the sedge kanji.

Surely you can see the connection, Shenhua is the flower of the Sedge tree? #-o

http://i.imgur.com/ZMjxYED.png

Did a proper box art with this image here: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=47899&start=15#p1113791
by fittersau
Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:05 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue, character models, locations etc.

So I imported Esppiral's Ryo into UE4 demo without tweaking and he had a few issues with textures not loading for his jacket. Funny thing, he looks like he's got Goro's hair style! :lol:
by fittersau
Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:10 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki : a new interview about Shenmue III incoming !

With regards to Proect Berkley, if he could talk to us about the mysterious old man: https://scontent-dfw1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/v/t1.0-9/10898033_10203597606123047_7107137264443224214_n.jpg?oh=637eae2ff881168687af3ee6136c56d1&oe=5653B658

I know he may not even remember just by looking, or maybe this was just a placeholder character, or even his story has been changed/cut. But I still would love to know if we will see some of this stuff in the future.

http://cdn.staticneo.com/w/shenmue/5/5b/Chiyoumen.jpg Looks similar to the outline of the Chi You Men leader on the left perhaps?

It's surprising find so much of the game had already been completed from the Saturn & Berkley versions compared to the released Dreamcast versions.

Personally I don't mind the mystery, it makes the reveal even more exciting when we experience it in the game.
by fittersau
Mon Aug 03, 2015 1:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA TGS 2015 Teaser Website / Lineup

Or hey, just Binary Domain 2. I'd be happy about that.

BD2 would be great if it could be properly coop'd. I know coop games tend to bomb, besides Borderlands, but I do enjoy them. Binary Domain was set up to be an awesome coop third person shooter.

Yakuza is played out. They need something fresh.

Yeah, I'm tired of Yakuza.. even then I only played 3 & 4. It was really just a long appetizer before the main course. BRING ON SHENMUE! :mrgreen:

Yakuza Creator Has An Exciting New Game To Announce At Tokyo Game Show 2015

"How to become a Ganguro man!"

http://www.abload.de/img/toshihiro-nagoshic7fng.jpg
by fittersau
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Tokyo Otaku Mode interview with Yu Suzuki

Best interview of Yu Suzuki since ages.

Some of my most interesting/favourite quotes:

[...] for Shenmue 3 they were cheering as if a deceased child just came back to life (laughs). It was like witnessing a supernatural phenomenon, something resurrecting from the deepest depths of the underworld.

Among the characteristics of Shenmue, there are the keywords of “nostalgy” and “the presence of everydays.” I’m not planning on doing anything grandiose, I just want to draw out the interestingness that lies concealed behind the curtains of everydays.

I want to include developments with a sense of distance and atmosphere in mind, such as when a character couldn’t say what he/she wanted to due to influences of the moment and workings of the heart.
It proves once again that Shenmue's spirit is about the quality of everydays in mind and in heart, with real world standards, serving entertainment more as a lifelike experience, while maintaining refreshing moments in due time with action and mini-games.

Yeah, interesting quotes.. Certainly Yu Suzuki operates on a different level to other people. Probably why we appreciate his work so much in Shenmue.

In terms of the translation, it captures some deep meaning however, it appears to be missing the editorial of a native English speaker. The meaning isn't lost which is a good thing.

Among the characteristics of Shenmue, there are the keywords of “nostalgy” and “the presence of everydays.” I’m not planning on doing anything grandiose, I just want to draw out the interestingness that lies concealed behind the curtains of everydays.

For example, my edit would be:
Among the characteristics of Shenmue, there are the keywords of nostalgia and the awareness of everyday life. "I'm not planning on doing anything grandiose, I want to draw out the interesting aspects that lies concealed behind the curtains of everyday life.

Excellent interview.
by fittersau
Wed Sep 02, 2015 8:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Amazing Acts of Kindness from Strangers

Good karma is good karma. Bad karma will come back with interest..

Glad you have some good stories, make sure you share the love when opportunity presents.

I saw this old korean man struggling with a heavy trolley while crossing the road on a down hill slope. I went to help him to save him from hitting a car and gain control of the trolley.

He suddenly froze and gave me a dirty look as if I was going to steal his trolley.. I asked if he was OK and he waved me away suspiciously.. so I just turned and walked off, lol'ing inside. Sometimes people don't want random acts of kindness. :rotflmao:
by fittersau
Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TGS 2015 - Too Early?

there's no reason they can't do an upscaled port with improved controls first, and a full remaster later.

Possibly, but I think if they released an upscaled port with updated controls. I think that would be it. I don't think they'll do a full HD remaster especially if the new generation can put up with HD rescale and still buy the game.

http://www.seganerds.com/2015/09/10/tgs-2015-segas-game-lineup-merch-booth-information/

Some of the merch looks cool though, looks like a set of badges and a Dreamcast 2016 Calender! Would love to get these as both features Shenmue. Even just the little Shenmue button, I don't know if anyone on the forum is attending, but if they happen to get a few Shenmue buttons, please send one my way :D

Looks like SEGA are playing heavily on nostalgia with their merchandise, hopefully this will mean something.
by fittersau
Mon Sep 14, 2015 8:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki officially announces Paypal support for Shenmu

so the ps4 physical version is now called 'collectors edition' whereas during the kickstarter it was called 'exclusive backers edition'.

the place holder image is the same, so are we to assume its different version or the same?

I think you should consider cost minimization. I would say, they are same but worded differently. No point in wasting money in creating a second cover with different words on it. If the contents are the same, it's the same.
by fittersau
Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:21 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Haha the gaming media is actually laughable. Wow, a business offering to provide goods in exchange for consumer's cash? Those evil bastards! And sure, let's ignore the fact 'Slacker Backer' options are normal for nearly all Kickstarters... Idiots.

Just be prepared for the reviews guys.

IGN: "This is no COD" 5/10
Gamespot: "Not enough violence" 4/10

Lol yea that's a sure bet. I stopped looking at IGN, and Gamespot reviews in the late 90s, because I saw what they were turning into, it seriously surprises the hell out of me, that they are still around.

Let's face it, the level of "gaming journalism" these days much like MSM journalism is pretty poor. It's a sponsor driven event. If you're unwilling to pay, they're unwilling to play. This is just how the game has developed into sadly over the years. So unless Sony throws a whole lot of gratuity-tooshie at IGN, Gamespot, Polygon & Kotaku, expect Shenmue 3 to be ravaged again.

But know this Shenmue-kyodai, the fact they are willing to say these things is a testament to our passion. They know our passion for Shenmue and all they want to harvest it on their pages so advertisers can get more hits. Negative passion is much easier to harvest with click/troll bait articles than well thought out well written critiques that builds and encourages proper direction.

Shenmue 3 is made for the fans, funded by the fans. This will never change. This is already history. We all have brought this dream to life. Yu Suzuki and his team will make the best Shenmue 3 they can with our money, which for 14 years never even was close to having a sequel. So ignore the haters, be content and look forward to the next chapter of Shenmue. 8)
by fittersau
Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:54 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

God, I still can't believe III is happening. Sometimes I'm having a bad day or whatever, and I forget, and then I remember anything is possible because Shenmue III exists. :D

I know. I registered as a member of this site around 2003 or 2004, and then for several years I was never logged in, although I checked the news around every E3 only to be disappointed every time. I really thought the series was dead forever. I actually forgot my old login so I just created a new one.

Same, used to participate here before Shenmue Dojo was a part of Gamespy. Also forgot my details. In anycase, for long time fans who used to dream of a continuation to the baffling Shenmue 2 ending, we are finally getting it. Despite all the negative nannies, there's only one great future that awaits us, Shenmue 3. For that I will always be happy about.
by fittersau
Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:08 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Konami Ceases Development On Console Games

He had reportedly fallen out with Konami's big bosses.

Heh.

A bit of a shame. These are major gaming brands. Employee engagement is very much a managerial responsibility they seemed to have failed to address in time.
Sorry but you seem to have overlooked
He had reportedly fallen out with Konami's big bosses.

Heh.
http://i.imgur.com/zuDKUCg.jpg

Thank you. I'm glad someone got it. \:D/

No one missed it lol.. I chose to quote your post over others is because I got it. :D
by fittersau
Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: TGS 2015 - Too Early?

Buy the new Shenmue shirt from TGS 2015. (Japan only)

http://ebten.jp/p/4974365717568/

So they don't ship to any other country Ziming :(?

They have some other TGS merch I was looking at...

Use a parcel forwarding service like http://www.tenso.com/en/ if there is no international shipping directly.
by fittersau
Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Do you think you'll die before S3 release?

Would be very kool if we can convince Ys Net to include those that have passed away in the Credits of Shenmue 3.

Actually, I have already asked Shenmue Kickstarter this request, specifically if they could work in Reuben's composition of that track, Reflections. This is their reply:

Ys Net
Ys Net
Aug 12 2015
Report spam

Hello fitters,

Thanks for thinking of Reuben. It is very emotional to watch the video.

We have spoken to Mr. Suzuki about his situation and he would like to help out if possible. However we would need the consent of his family before anything could be put together.

Your messages are always welcome, and we hope to keep receiving your comments and ideas.

Sincerely,
Joel &
the Shenmue 3 Team
by fittersau
Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

Monkei wrote: THANK YOU SONY. :heart:
FOR MAKING SHENMUE III REALITY.

Says it all really. No one else was willing to help like Sony. They heard our voices. Without Sony, we wouldn't be talking about Shenmue III right now.
by fittersau
Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SMDzero wrote: I just thanked Sony by buying a PS4

And who said Shenmue is not a system seller.
by fittersau
Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?
by fittersau
Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why not devote one of the 3rd Tweetathon days to Thank Sony?

I think we would use the 3rd in a better way trying to push the Paypal campaign along the #SaveShenmueHD.

If ever Sony should be "target" of the tweetathon, it should be in my opinion, by asking them to put pressure on SEGA for the HD Collection.

Looking at the Paypal campaign last numbers... we desperately need something to push it :|

Yep agreed, also being grateful as well helps. :)

@giocorsi @amboyes
Thanks Sony for Shenmue III, please also bring Shenmue I & II HD to PS4!

Something along those lines.
by fittersau
Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki is in Project X Zone 2?

Monkei wrote: Quite a lot of gaming sites have reported this by now.. seems to be real after all? :)

Well if they're all using the same source.. then it still could be questionable. Fact is no one has claimed photoshop. Given there are other SEGA franchises involved it's a high probability it's not fake.
by fittersau
Fri Sep 25, 2015 4:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Combat in the game

Wonder if Ryo will run into this Bajiquan practitioner. :mrgreen:

phpBB [video]
by fittersau
Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogam

Do not expect Polygon to give a PS4 exclusive Shenmue 3 a good review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIRNAQseuec
by fittersau
Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo Hazuki IS in Project X Zone 2! For Reals!

It's just great that Ryo is no longer a pariah of the SEGA family. He really does belong in the middle of it all.
by fittersau
Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SHENMUE GAIDEN ANNOUNCED!!!

Esppiral wrote: Finished!

Gratz mate! :D
by fittersau
Thu Oct 08, 2015 10:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

so i really wonder if Nocon being hired to work on Shenmue III was partly to cancel his fan made HD remake, so they wouldn't have to compete with it if they re released.

One man cannot compete with a studio of staff who have the code source and all materials. While Noconkid making all the beautiful environments is possible, making all the interactivity and logic behind Shenmue 1 would take one person a very long time indeed.

Noconkid got hired because he's already skilled with UE3+UE4. He can make high resolution environments and present them beautifully. He already mentally dedicated himself to make "Shenmue-something", so why not make history and make Shenmue 3. He's the second fan Ys Net have hired.
by fittersau
Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: "I Could Do With A Bit More Money" Yu Interview @Eurogam

He is a programmer, but he is also very artistic, but probably would not model anything.
by fittersau
Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III on French TV

Legend, thanks David for your tireless work.
by fittersau
Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe comments on Shenmue

Don't believe anything until there's an official announcement. Shenmue 1 & 2 HD is big enough for its own announcement, not some side comment.
by fittersau
Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe comments on Shenmue

Say what you will about all this baiting, at least Shenmue is being talked about by others besides the hard core fans.
by fittersau
Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Kickstarter Update

http://i.imgur.com/ZEFzCew.png
Thatched roof house test model

I do like the uneveness of the walkway outside the house. The doors are more traditional Japanese shoji doors than Chinese. I wonder where that would be. The thatch roof and style is more Japanese than Chinese in style, for comparison this is a thatch roof house in Yamaguchi, Japan. Perhaps thatching techniques were ubiquitous around Asia.

http://www.geocities.jp/kihatagumi/foveonx3/IMG03379.jpg
by fittersau
Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:59 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

Old Ryo
Old / New Ryo 50% overlay
New Ryo

Judge for yourself.
by fittersau
Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #47

Anyone think Lan Di's character model in Shenmue 3 will be as detailed as the new F4F statue?
Can Unreal 4 achieve this?

http://i.imgur.com/41IKctY.jpg

The work on the statue is superb. I would prefer if the Shenmue 3 LanDi hair is kept in pony tail until the time he needs to power up and get serious then the hair band comes off.
by fittersau
Tue Nov 03, 2015 9:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

GYO6161 wrote: Seeing Suzuki flip out really brought me a new outlook of him. 8-[

Kung fu has soft and hard techniques. This his Suzuki's hard technique.

by fittersau
Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue story theories and stuff

A Facebook user shared his thoughts on the recently released VF RPG concept artworks.
http://cdn.escapistmagazine.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/698/698943.jpg

Card 7 could be SongShan Shaolin Temple - featured in Kenji
http://i.imgur.com/NR5vkHq.pngg

Card 8 is confirmed to be Cangzhou by a previous post as well as this Kenji image.
http://i.imgur.com/q1ncim7.png

Card 10 is in the Forbidden City of Beijing.
http://i.imgur.com/AYgx72p.png

My gut feeling is we'll get Shenmue 3 and Shenmue 4, therefore Shenmue 3 will encompass cards 4, 5, 6, 7 and Shenmue 4 will conclude with 8, 9, 10, 11.
by fittersau
Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Making of Shenmue

Thanks for everyone's positive feedback to the team on the video captions.

Mate, you deserve every kudos you get for this work, translating/subbing/timing is extremely time consuming. You do it pro bono for the love of Shenmue and the community, yourself Ziming and many other postive contributors in the Shenmue community magnify a deeper appreciation of "What's Shenmue?" around the world. So thank you! =D>

One new thing I learned was that the number of channels on the Dreamcast's sound chip was driven by the requirements from Suzuki for Shenmue. It just shows the influence that he had in SEGA at that time.

Yeah, he really is boss, demanding hardware to suit his magnum opus.

One funny thing about the original Japanese voiceover is that the actual names of any companies or products are never spoken - instead they are shown in text on the screen. Even "Shenmue" is never mentioned directly. So for example Yamaha becomes "a large firm that manufactures musical instruments" and so on, leading to some amusingly round-about descriptions.

It's such a freakingly annoying Japanese characteristic to "beat around the bush" without getting to the point, but having said that since it's such a cultural accepted norm, there is much unspoken empathy in Japanese culture that many westerners won't understand and appreciate too.
by fittersau
Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: KS. Update #20: Corey Marshall returns & new reward adde

Mr. Marshall... if you're out there reading this could you please try to do the voice acting for Shenmue 3 for free? We really need the money to go toward development.

Please try to do it for free.

No one will do it for free, that's just silly. Work is work and he should get paid for whatever he feels is appropriate between himself and Suzuki. I'm sure he won't be a primadonna and demand high wages, he wants the game as much as the fans do.
by fittersau
Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:25 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Valkyria Chronicles and Azure Revolution coming to PS4

SEGA almost exited the console market so it's a good thing they are initiating new projects on franchises which had strong cult followings. Even though I like the character designs, I never played VC but a friend raves about it.

It bodes well for Shenmue fans as it's yet another active step in SEGA staying true to their word and putting investment back into their games.
by fittersau
Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1080p

The latest models of Ryo and Shenhua together, how they could look with the latest Shenmue 3 build.
by fittersau
Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki in China promoting Shenmue 3 (Video Included)

Yea I'm not entirely happy with the new Shenhua look either, so lets hope the end result looks better.

What we can see of the environments, despite the really poor video quality, they look good though.

I don't know, I like the new Shenhua but it does feel like a different character wearing Shenhau's clothes. I almost think it's more Ming-ming's face with Shenhua's clothes. But if this is the final Shenhua or close to it, I wouldn't mind. She's still cute despite the change.

One thing I've noticed with these new models is the tonal colour of the skin. It's more white rather than that of a yellowish tinge of Asians. So not sure if it's intentional or not. Even some northern-fairer Asians have a tinge of yellow.
by fittersau
Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nocon Kid visits Dobuits St. in Yokosuka (Facebook Photo

4) The quality/artistic gap between his own style for flashbacks and the YSnet's professional style for the contemporary story will be naturally accepted by the players.
I wouls assume that Noconkids quality is the standard at least Suzuki is aiming for. I think from the Chinese pics it shows they will be similar.
by fittersau
Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PlayStation Experience and Shenmue

And that's alright, I'm fine with that. Having it on stage at this year's E3, especially in combination with The Last Guardian and the Final Fantasy VII remake, was a huge bang.
This certainly was an amazing triumvirate of blasts from the pasts. I wasn't there, nor did I follow FF7 like the die hard fans, so I can't say whether Shenmue 3's hype or reaction was greater than FF7. From my point of view Shenmue 3's announcement was the most amazing bombshell we've had in a long time.

TLG doesn't look any better on PS4 than it could have on PS3.
FF7 is getting a full HD remake, it will be an amazing game for the diehard FF7 fans and it was essentially one of the games that defined the PS1 (along with MGS1), but still the same story line.
Shenmue 3, system seller on a rival console now on the console that ended Sega's console dreams. A continuation of a a story line that never looked like it would be finished. This is big for us fans, not just the fanboys.

Fanboys claiming "Yu Suzuki will revolutionize gaming again" make me cringe. Most of the press people don't care or don't like it anymore.
Yes, there will be an element of this and people might be disappointed that Shenmue 3 will not be as revolutionary Shenmue 1 was to gaming, but for most grounded fans, we aren't expecting it. We're expecting a continuation to first two games with Suzuki's take on what might make modern gaming interesting. I'll be the first to admit, given he's been out of the industry for so long and not actively participating in evaluating other people's innovations over the past 15 years, we may see somethings which are derivative from other games in the interim. I'm okay with that.

The hype isn't as big as some of you pretend. It's just us, we're not that many.
I think this where we hope Sony's Third Party Productions kicks in to send the hype as high as it can go so the game can reach mainstream audiences and not just old time fans who've been pining for the game like unrequited love.

I could be wrong of course. We'll see. For now I'm still hoping for a Shenmue HD announcement by Sony in the near future. Maybe even as early as PSX 2015.

Shenmue 1 & 2 HD makes sense. It's all up to SEGA... but I doubt this will be announced at PSX.

Silly thought. What if Nocon Kid was hired to lead the environmental development of Shenmue 1 & 2 remake and not actually work on Shenmue 3?? :mrgreen: Haha.. one can only dream. I hope they use the same team to develop a Shenmue 1 & 2 HD remake funded by SEGA. That would be the icing on the cake.
by fittersau
Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Does anybody know what time the Playstation experience will start streaming?(On Youtube)

Don't know, but here are some schedules of the event:
https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2015/playstation-experience/

Edit: Found this message on the Playstation Experience Blog:

We’ll have a full schedule soon, but the keynote starts at 10am Pacific Saturday morning. (6pm UK) :)

Edit: Your list are playable games.

http://i.imgur.com/Tybg1LZ.jpg
by fittersau
Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Monthly update

People calm down. :)

There will be an update before the end of the year, I'm pretty sure about that.

If not about Shenmue 3 development (As others, I can easily live with it as far as we know development is on track and goes smoothly. The China conference news are more than positive from this point of view) at least about the Slacker Backer campaign.

Cédric Biscay stated several times that PC rewards will come before the end of the PayPal campaign and there are no reasons so far, not to trust him.

Beside that... I still have some hopes about a Playstation Experience annoucement/update.
This would be a perfect time to give a few more info, about Shenmue 3 or (from the most optimistic angle) even Shenmue HD and give the PayPal campaign, a final boost.

Pretty much this. No need to ask for strict updates on the dot, they are not being performance managed. I'm sure something will be shown at PSX, that's just around the corner.

Why would you do an update now when you can go with more glitz at PSX.
by fittersau
Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I completely forgot this. Tbh, I'm 10x more intrigued by the team identity rather than what the game currently is.

Probably some japanese programmers and artists :P
I have a theory, and this is unsubstantiated, but based on Yu asking Cedric not to talk about the staff for Shenmue 3:

It was not a reference to the size of the team. It was instead the makeup of it. I think Sony may be providing a few bodies from Japan Studio (if I recall Japan Studio is a very fluid team who can often end up working on many projects anyway and aren't assigned to specific teams).

In a wilder version of this theory, Cerny himself might be doing some consulting, and SEGA may be providing a few people from AM2.

The reason this couldn't be talked about is because it would of course stir up the "OMG SONY FINANCING SHENMUE 3 YU LIED SCAM SCAM SCAM" headlines again.

I wish. I mean... I wish all of that.

But problably, it's some japanese programmer / artist (Which is not bad anyway :mrgreen: )

Cedric has said there are some internationals working on Shenmue 3, all of them can speak Japanese, citing it's impossible to work such project without understanding the communication from the director.

Japanese staff are easier, cheaper to hire than Western staff since the wage/salary expectations in Japan are much lower. With all the slow downs in Japanese gaming companies, I'm sure plenty of good talent has gone to work in Shenmue 3.
by fittersau
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kiske wrote: Call me names (well, possibly after The PSX 2015 :oops: ) but when I look at their faces, I can't help but think they know.

Do they know we know they know, I don't know :mrgreen:

You know they know we know. How could you not know? :mrgreen:
by fittersau
Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

It's not difficult.

But it is.

To demonstrate notable progress each month through characters or environmental models without giving away spoilers is tricky.

Putting together a presentation of this month's work is still work from someone who's actively developing.

Don't sweat it.. There wouldn't be smiles all round when Sony visited if YsNet & Neilo weren't making good progress.
by fittersau
Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic