Search found 28 matches

Return

Re: NEW SHENMUE III KICKSTARTER UPDATE - INTERVIEW WITH YU

I'm just generally looking forward to TGS for whatever Sega have up their sleeves in terms of getting back in touch with the fans :D, if Yu Suzuki has something other than just wanting to visit the show then i'm really excited :)

It's very weird that Sega would wait so long, just to announce how they are planning to turn things around at TGS, especially when It's not the Japanese consumers/fanbase they betrayed(and they openly admitted/agreed It's "specifically" the western markets they screwed over, Japan actually has had it well in the past 10 years or so, It's everywhere outside of Japan, that they royally screwed over).

I mean I suppose they can make a big announcement like they are porting Shenmue 1, and 2 over to PS4/PC, but I don't even see that as a realistic possibility. At the beginning of the KS or more likely after it ended, would've made the most sense.

While I don't think Sega will ever port over the other Shenmue games, I'm interested in hearing what they have to say, I'm just not hopeful they'll be bringing over any non-sonic games, even though they promised they would.

The fact is since Sega made their big confession, they "literally" haven't announced jack, which to admit something like that, then go a few months without proving they are indeed taking steps to follow through with what they promised, is a really bad dicision(it leads to people thinking they were nothing but talk)
by Zoltor
Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:00 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Am I the only one who wants to slap Ryo(Fangme's cutscen

I'm talking about the one you get, by completing the whole Fangmei side quest, so spoilers to anyone who hasn't scene it yet).

The good: Ryo goes to comfort Fangmei

Bad: He doesn't follow through

More bad: When Fangmei says he doesn't need to say anything, Ryo being Ryo, doesn't say anything

Good: He promises to come back

Probally bad: Ryo being dense/clueless most surely doesn't realize what he just promised Fangmei, which makes him come off as not only cold hearted, but now cruel as well.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge supporter of Shenhua, but in Ryo's situation, he doesn't know if Shenhua is real, and even if he thinks she is real(which I do believe is the case), he doesn't know her at all, where as he spent plenty of time getting to know Fangmei. On top of which, Fangmei is rather amazing her self, so what the hell is wrong with Ryo?

He should've comforted her like he was going to before he stopped, he then should of hugged her when she confessed, and then Ryo shouldn't emade known, that on his return, he wants nothing more then to spend the rest of his life with her.

Oh ok, yea that's a bit much to expect from Ryo, well he should have atleast comforted her, and hugger her before just leaving like that

She's a little kid that he knows for a grand total of, what... a couple weeks? Maybe three or four, if you're playing slowly?
When you've only met someone a handful of times, you're really not obligated toward any kind of "comforting," much less when the girl in question is fourteen .
You're weird, kid.

And what does Shenhua have to do with anything? He hasn't even met her by that point in the game.

She's 15 currently, only 1 year younger then Nozomi if I recall(think she was 16), and she's hardly alittle kid(she's just short, which shouldn't be held against her, she's Chinese=enough said), she's very mature, by the time Ryo gets back, at very least a year would have past, and in most cultures, she would be at marrying age. I never said he should sleep with her right then, and there.

Read my post again, because you clearly misread what I said about Shenhua.

PS. stop acting like Ryo is 30 or something lol, he's only 18 himself.
by Zoltor
Sun Aug 30, 2015 1:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Am I the only one who wants to slap Ryo(Fangme's cutscen

Three Blades wrote: Ryo has wasted countless chances to sample a good variety of some of the finest p*ssy China has to offer, so of course I want to slap him.

I know right, he's like a chick magnet. He's got a harem growing that would make even Indian royalty envy him, yet Ryo does nothing.
by Zoltor
Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Dreamcast console sales spike following Shenmue 3 reveal

Shin Pan Tzee wrote: Almost bought a Dreamcast myself, but the prices are so high where i live that i'll stick to rewatching Scottish Duck's let's plays.

Buy from Ebay then, prices are still cheap, infact ridiculously so. It's easy to find a DC w hookups, 2x controllers, and a VMU for like 50-60 bucks.
by Zoltor
Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

A great idea for Shenmue 3(a tournament system)

Know what I would love, is if there was a optional tournament you can join(on a regular bases, but perhaps have some special side quests hidden within it as well). This would make a sweet alternative option to just practicing, you could regularly practice in a actual combat situation, not to mention this could be another way to make money, and win items/move scrolls.
by Zoltor
Fri Aug 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome Shenmue video, everyone should see

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64u9TUtTMa0

Seriously this video should have atleast 100k views by now, It's so awesome.

I wish it was longer(so it would be even more complete, but that's the life story of Shenmue video/reviews on Youtube, I swear), but with all things considered, omg It's awesome, possibly the best Shenmue video on Youtube
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What Is Shenmue? - An Introduction on Youtube

Yea, I posted this video on this site just yesterday my self, because it shocked me how few people have evidently seen this awesome video, infact It's possibly the best Shenmue video to date.

I was lucky to find this video the day it was actually uploaded to Youtube, and needless to say, I'm shocked it doesn't have atleast 100k views by now, seriously this video should've went viral.
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

To Shen GTH: Yea exactly, this handholding BS needs to be done away with these day, and people wonderwhy kids are utterly braindead nowadays. It's because everything is done for them.

Seriously, I'll be extremely pissed off, if there a pointer in Shenmue 3 telling you what to do next, icons on top of NPCs pointing out they're important, ect.

Seriously It's so bad these days, games feel the need to tell you, you need to hit ______, button, to talk to a NPC or whatever, It's retarded. It's so bad, that there are games, that are pretty much nothing but tutorials sigh.

God forbid someone actually has to figure anything out them selves. Nintendo did a test, they had a ton of people play the 1st stage of SMB1, and their results state that 90% op gamers today, can't even finish the 1st stage of SMB1 http://www.p4rgaming.com/majority-of-gamers-today-cant-finish-level-1-in-super-mario-bros/
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A new book about Yu Suzuki

Awesome, but is there any word on if a English release will be made(Seeing how it is a European release, it would be silly, not to release a English version at some point)?
by Zoltor
Fri Sep 11, 2015 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Famitsu Interview with Yu (Sept 8th)

Thanks Switch.

He has me iffy about the battle system now, I mean what does he mean, focusing on the action, opposed to the physics side of things. Frankly I think that's a bad idea, because the fighting in Shenmue 3 will end up looking just like the fighting in any dime a dozen action game out there.

He should just upgrade the fighting system from the past games(make the moves more fluid, and speed up the animation alittle, boom done), no need to reinvent the wheel. Making it less focused on physics, will lead to making such seem less realistic, as well as making the moves them selves stand out less.

I'm really loving the fishing part time job though, however It's gonna come down to how It's implemented. Lets hope it doesn't use some tedious, and rather silly QTE mechanic like the carrying crate part time job from Shenmue 2 had lol(Shenmue 2 is just about as perfect as it can be, know what's keeping it from perfection, that stupid as hell job lol, it doesn't even make any sense)

Assuming that the Fishing is awesome, I can forsee a lot of cool things, side quests, and such tying into it.

To James Brown: Yea sigh, I didn't like the sound of this new battle system at all.
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: I am crying: Xbox One Version?

I want to have the same system that can play Halo and Shenmue 3. I don't want both next-gen consoles, waste of space tbh. Really does suck that I'm gonna have to buy the PS4 anyway just for one damn game.

Well, if it's just space, there's always so much stuff which consumes a lot of space in your apartment and which you don't use anymore and therefor can get rid of. Books, clothing, CDs, "girlfriends", old bicycles, VCRs, old furniture, CRT TVs and so on. ;-) Also Shenmue 4 will perhaps be on PS4, so you're gonna buy it for two games.

At that rate why stop there, shouldn't kids be in there as well, we need Shenmue 3, we don't need to keep taking care of kids however(sarcasm)
by Zoltor
Mon Sep 14, 2015 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Well, we've been discussing the importance of one stretch goal vs. others here over and over again. We've also been discussing the order of the stretch goals over and over again. No use in going through all that yet another time.

All I can say about this is: In Yu we trust.

Yea, fair enough.

Back to Paypal I suppose, this really needs serious advertising.
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

Sony is doing this as a publicity stunt, and I don't fault them for that, because for once it doesn't hurt the customer, there's no scamming going on(a big departure from last gen huh lol, where every single thing Sony did, was a scam. Needless to say, they really did need the good PR), ect everyone wins :)

Yea people shouldn't be humping Sega's legs, that goes double for asking/expecting Sega to rerelease Shenmue 1, and 2, It's not going to happen.

The best chance of a 1, and 2 port would be for Yu to get it from sega, and then for Sony to fund it, seeing how it wont cost jack, I doubt Sony would mind(and if they are still scared because the 2nd game sold like crap originally, which was all of Sega's fault btw, well put the Blu-ray format to use lol. Put both Shenmue 1, and 2 on the same disc).

I actually hate Sony personally, but even so, I'm very, very, very thankful to them for handling the advertising, and publishing for Shenmue 3.
by Zoltor
Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Thanking Sony

I don't wanna run over everybody's enthusiasm but maybe we should put the whole thanking thing off until after the game is released. Right now, we're not even done funding the game yet and we've still got more than two years of development ahead.

Yea, I guess we still should make sure they live up to what they promised. We need them to have proper advertising when Shenmue 3 is ready for release, and physical PS4 release(no digital only crap).
by Zoltor
Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What are the chances of outside investors taking notice?

Honestly, I don't feel as if any investors will care that much. Despite being the number 1 most funded game on KS, it's still a big risk. Shenmue III is a big change from what has become the 'industry norm' and I feel as if investors won't want to make such a big risk when they could make more money by investing in something more mainstream with much less of a risk. Not even to mention the somewhat negative media and press towards Shenmue III

Perhaps we'll get some smaller investors who are willing to make such a risk, but I doubt Shenmue III is worth the time of any large well known investors. "Not to say that the game is going to be bad, but I don't think it's going to be as huge and amazingly successful as some of us think it will be." We need to be realistic here...

It's a catch 22 situation, it could very well end up being a bigger success then any of us here can even imagine. However we need investors to step forward to pony up the remaining cash we couldn't get from KS, but bad press, and Sega's mismanagement of Shenmue 2, has investors scared off.

Nevenmind the fact no one knows what is going on in Yu's head lol, and investors don't like that kind of stuff.

Adventure games are on the rise, open world games are very popular these days, and unlike Sega with Shenmue 2, Sony is very likely gonna to actually advertise/push the hell out of Shenmue 3 upon release. It's a winning combination.

The only question is, are investors even putting much thought into Shenmue 3
by Zoltor
Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Why is Shenmue 1 so different to the sequel?

I have no idea why people try to claim Shenmue 1 music is "better", seriously anyone who thinks that, needs to play Shenmue 2 again, and by all means, the DC version(the XBOX console doesn't handle music too well lmfao, yet people claim that to be the most powerful console that gen).

A New Departure, literally every song in the Guilin area(seriously, everything in this area is a masterpiece), the music on wong's boat, Fangmei's theme, ect, ect, ect, need I go on.

To whoever it was who was trying to state Shenmue 1 had more creepy music(or however they said it), I am convinced you never played Shenmue 2, know why, because like atleast 75% of the music in Kowloon, is as spooky/creepy as can be, so I have no idea what you're talking about.
by Zoltor
Tue Sep 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue Dicussion Podcast with Myself and The Shenmue Gu

Cool, and that one guy so needs to play Shenmue 2 lol, how dare he be called the Shenmue Guy, and not have played both of the games

Well the nickname comes more from his E3 Stream cameo lol

Also the guy running this Podcast, really needs to play these games, they're so godly.
true, i told him i send him a copy when he gets a working dreamcast.

Yea I figured that. I always found it weird, that in a room evidently filled with Shenmue fans, he's the only one standing up in response(visually anyway). Well anyway he has a responsibility now, time to play Shenmue 2.

Awesome :)
by Zoltor
Wed Oct 07, 2015 12:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: When Sega inevitably announces the HD remasters...

I'll admit when i made this thread i was 100% sure we would get the announcement in no time......what the hell are they waiting for?

At this point i'm not even sure it'll come. :(

You seem to forget, Sega hasn't been considered a company in general, in a long time now. Companies like money, infact they exist to make money, but Sega doesn't like money, nor do they make any attempt at making money.

They bought the best 3rd party publisher/localizer in the industry, and one of the best developers in the industry, yet I don't see any signs at all, of them actually using ATLUS to um I don't know, publish their damn games outside of Japan.

In short, they bought ATLUS, because they felt they haven't burned enough money lately, seeing how they sure as hell aren't using them.
by Zoltor
Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Fangmei ruins Shenmue 2 (tbh)

That's a sacrilege, I can't believe you can say such evil things sigh.

PS. The Japanese voice for her is so much better(the English VA makes Fangmei sound like she's 9 years old), maybe that's your problem, have you played the Pal version of 2, perhaps that will help?
by Zoltor
Sun Oct 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki's interview : A New Shenmue

To 14 I'm shocked Yu actually came forward with such info, but I hope Ryo doesn't succeed already. I hope the encounter involves him hitting Lan Di, Lan Di hitting him, and Ryo hitting the floor.

However being that' that's now most likely going to be the case, I give it a 98% chance that Lan Di is going to take off with the Phoenix Mirror at the end of Shenmue 3

It makes me nervous for Yu to say silly stuff like, he would like to allow Ryo to beable to pick up things, I mean WTF is he saying that he's not sure he'll get around to adding such in?

That should be one of the very first things being calculated into the game from the start, not all these so called new things.

It's not a Shenmue game, if Ryo can't interact with the environment.
by Zoltor
Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Europe comments on Shenmue

They know what they're good at. Where's our Streets of Rage, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue HD etc etc?

Yea I agree sigh, the fact they are always trying to reinvent the god damn when, with every iteration of a franchise, inst of running with a good idea, whaen they actually come up with such once in a bloody full moon, is pure proof Sega doesn't know what they are good at.

Some companies can do the innovation thing, ATLUS, NIS, Nintendo, Bandai, and whatnot, but Sega most definitely can't, not amymore anyway.

When Sega actually ends up forming a thought for once, that actually has merit, they need to stick with it, and refine such, not change it up again the first chance they can.

To Topic: Atleast someone at Sega seems to be realizing, try to make that runaway success of a mobile game, is nothing but a fools errand.

As for them implying Sega is trying to figure away how to rerelease Shenmue 1, and 2, I call BS. What all of a sudden Sega doesn't know how to port they games, what a kload of crap, they probally made more ports of their games then Capcom, and Square combined, yet now they are playing dumb.

If it has to do with lic liko Zippo, and Timex, if must, you can always rerelease the games without using them as brands(do you remember the Tomato store, literally everything is Sega branded in there, so I don't see the big deal).

To Himuro : Yea, this talk the talk, but not walk the walk thing, is definitely Sega's MO. They said they know they need to do better, and care more about western releasing, including releasing their games outside of Japan in general. That confession of Sega being a utter POS, that means nothing outside of Japan(seriously, if Sega went out of business at this point, no one outside of Japan would even notice, that's how meaningless they are) was made before E3 even happened, however they have yet to announce any new releases for the non-Japanese market.

Hell, Sega wasn't even at E3, so yea I seriously don't see Sega changing their ways at all.
by Zoltor
Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lan Di has sold the mirror to the Tokyo museum.

Lan Di: "For the last time, where is the mirror.... so I can put where it belongs in a museum."
Iwao: "I have no intention of telling you."

Thanks for spoiling the upcoming Indiana Jones.

Lol I was just going to say that, I would love a Indiana Jones based on the Shenmue backstory. It would be very fitting for a true Indiana Jones movie, unlike the molestation, that is Kingdom of the Crystal Skull(there are quite a few legit myths surrounding such, all Lucas had to do, was base a movie around one of them, but instead he made that BS from scratch)
by Zoltor
Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What's your biggest Shenmue mystery?

Why can't SEGA get their head out of their asses and release a Shenmue HD already. Defo my biggest mystery.

Speaking of which, their biggest excuse, is complete, and utter BS. "Licensing," lol, and the sad thing is, they have been spouting that lie for so long, they probally believe it.

What makes it all the more iron, is that there was a lic problem back when Shenmue 1 came out, with Coco cola, but that didn't stop them from releasing the game outside of Japan, infact it didn't even slow such down.

To BlueMue: I hate to break the news to you, but you're going to still be waiting, as that's not going to happen until atleast Shenmue 4.

I'm pretty damn positive I know what happened between Iwao, and Sunming, and even how it came about Shenhua's birth parents were murdered by Sunming either because they were the guardians of the Dragon Mirror or they knew who was the guardian. Iwao hears that they were killed, and someone with evil ambitions stole the Dragon Mirror, so he goes to Hong Kong/China to find, as well as confront him. Then despite taking the diplomatic approach, and trying to reason with him, all hell breaks loose. Either Sunmings ambitions lead him to have a accident or he is forced into killing Sunming in self defense. then that brings us to Shenmue 1
by Zoltor
Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Uncharted Waters New Hori...I mean Online :)

Do you cheat in this too like in ragnarok online?

I don't cheat at all in anything, to beginwith.

You seem very buthurt about MMOs ingeneral. You very much sound like one of those people who are either too lazy to put the effort into such or mismanage their time/spend "all" their free time on something else(then complaining how they have no time lol. Unless someone works 15h work shifts every day, not having time, is a BS excuse).
by Zoltor
Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Zoltor don't listen to these guys. They don't understand good games. I'll definitely check this one out. And thanks btw for that power leveling site link you PM'd me with all I had to do was pay the $100 tier and I got a really good chinese guy.

If you like Shenmue, you'll like this, they took out the time clock in the MMO game, but otherwise, think of this as a slightly less advanced Shenmue game, with a nautical theme.

There's a insane amount of nuance to this game(yes, even more then the Shenmue games, way more), that tend to lead to entirely new mechanics you could easily not know is even there . Hell there are features in New Horizons, that I never knew what they did, until playing this MMO(as they make a return), since the MMO gives slightly more hints, and worse case, you can ask other players what such does/how to unlock such.

If you need any help or whatnot, feel free to ask.

I think you have the wrong person, I would never give a link to a power leveling site, I would tell you how to power lv instead.
by Zoltor
Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

OK it took a few days, but I'm officially launching my new business. I now offer the following:

-Power leveling
-Zenny farming
-MVP card farming
-guaranteed god items

I worked with Zoltor on the pricing since he is familiar with this stuff (thanks man!) and now have everything in place. If you are looking for god items just let me know exactly what you need first. Anyone that's interested PM me for details!

Axm, just FYI I cannot go to your house like the Chinese guy did. Japan is just to far from me, which is why my prices are a bit lower.

I never talked to you/worked with you at all, you're just a scumbag piece of shit, and need to stop now.

Furthermore this is suppose to be a thread about Uncharted Waters Online.
by Zoltor
Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue Thoughts

About the leaves part, no I didin't struggle, I did it second try. My point it that the game is not going to be fun. I understand how Shenmue is supposed to be like but I'd rather it be more like a video game that can get mainstream appeal. It should be fun to play for crying out loud else it will really get hit hard by other games that release at the same period. Then we will look stupid

Yea you sort of missed the point of the series, and what makes it so fun, as well as engrossing. If you want a game that treats its world like a playground, instead of a real, breathing world, the Shenmue games aren't for you or anyone with that mindset.

I can assure you, when me, and many people play/replay the games, we are never dreading sections like the forklift job, and book carrying, infact they are rather fun in their own rights.

All the things Ryo has to go through also translates to the player, which is a huge factor in why the Shenmue games leave such a lasting impression.
by Zoltor
Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic