Search found 14 matches

Return

Re: Prologue for Shenmue 3

"The children of the prophecy emerged from the cave of phantom river stone. Their pursuit to find the truth behind the Mirrors and the reason for the murder of Ryo's father had raged for decades - almost one-and-a-half, in fact - but the final battle would not be fought in the future. It would be fought here, in our present, in 2017 (possibly 2018)... in 1986. Tonight... or in the morning, afternoon, or evening; whatever takes your fancy."

If you can tell me what movie title card this is a parody of, you win a boombox!
The Terminator! Gimme that boombox now!

Maybe something like this:
In a world where everything you know is wrong one man is on a journey to avenge his father! A rengegade girl holds the secret that is can bring danger into the galaxy! More than ever! Only love and forgiveness can save us. Coming soon... or not soon... but at least it's coming!...
by -=SPZ=-47
Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yu Suzuki goes to China. Should we follow?

So the recent news is that Mr. Suzuki is in China trying hard to get investors http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=49320

Now I wonder if there's something that we can do? Offcourse not actually going there but dragging attention to the game. Contacting chinese fans? Tweetathlon sort of thing? Capsule toys? A flashmob... I don't know... We've got to be able to do something! The dojo community has been doing similar things in the past already.
Sure there's their "own internet" in China. Is it possible to get there anyhow?
Shenmue is like is almost all about China! There has to be a way to let the chinese people/government/investors know that this is a great opportunity to advertise the countra all around the world and we -the fans- would be very grateful if this happens!
by -=SPZ=-47
Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nozomi should be pissed.

Lan Di is searching for anothet mirror. If Ryo settels down to live peacefully with Nozomi, then he'll end up just like his father. Noone near Ryo is safe until he deals with Lan Di/Chiyou men.
by -=SPZ=-47
Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The pixel-sized hole in Ryo's head

This happens only on emulators. And yes this is ugly. DC emulation still sucks.
This is a reason why every respectful game should be on PC. Only PC platform gives you the opportunity to play games long time after the games release.
by -=SPZ=-47
Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 64

Even if it would be technically possible (which is not because of the reasons mentioned above), then it still would never happen. Because it's the 90's we're talking about. SEGA releasing a game for Nintendo console would be a joke. I'ts like microsoft would release a ps4 exclusive game today. Just impossible.
by -=SPZ=-47
Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: ps4 - to buy or not to buy

I don't get those people who want maxed out graphics yet want to play it on console. An average PC has already outbeaten the last-gen consoles. And in two years...
by -=SPZ=-47
Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Take The SEGA Survey & Vote For Shenmue!

So many questions about mobile games...

NO!!! I will not play mobile games, sega!!! NO!!!

SEGA has been creating good games in the past - very much agree!

Sega creates good games today - very much DISagree!
by -=SPZ=-47
Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: SEGA currently "investigating" making Shenmue 1/2 HD hap

Investigating what?

Sega, do you want to know a secret? In order to do something, you have to DO IT! You have to start the project, fund it, work, release. You know... like any other friggin' game in the world!!! Dammit!

On the other hand, I'm not surprized Sega forgot how to make games. Let them investigate. Maybe they will learn something alongside with inventing a wheel and researching electricity...

Or maybe, just maybe, they just show us the middle finger like in the last 15 years.
by -=SPZ=-47
Wed May 11, 2016 7:28 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

The_Fuzileiro wrote: Where you guys are going to watch the conferences? Since GameTrailers is out, I just can´t imagine another cool site for E3 live streaming...

Well, they are Easy Allies now https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZrxXp ... 53rZsB3jaA
Dont't know if they will be streaming though.
by -=SPZ=-47
Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:56 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Easy Allies (former GameTrailers) covering e3?

Ok, I really don't want to seem like I'm advertising their new project or something, but I thought the upcoming e3 without Mike Huber will not be a right thing. So I checked if Easy Allies plan to cover it. Appearently yes, but they need $40.000 on patreon to do it. Currently they've got $38,288.
https://www.patreon.com/EasyAllies?ty=h

Anyway, maybe I'm not the only one who thinks so. Maybe we cen boost that number to 40,000? Besides, Shenmue community has a lot of experience in crowdfounding hasn't it? :mrgreen:
by -=SPZ=-47
Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: E3 2016 & Shenmue 3

The HD's must be announced at coming E3 in order to support Shenmue 3. If they're not, it'll be too late.
A Shenmue 1&2 HD are worthless in terms of supporting Shenmue 3 if they come after S3. It may not be important for die-hard Shenmue fans, but it is for newcomers. Without newcomers S3 will not be financial success. And without financial success ther's not gonna be S4. (don't tell me about another kickstarter campaign)

A 6-12 months gap between releases is the best option. I think.

- If those are going to be separate games, then S1 must be announced now and released before 2017. S2 must be released not later than summer 2017. Or else it will be too late before, or even later than S3 release.
- If S1 and S2 are planned to be released together, then they still have to be announced at coming E3 and released not later than summer 2017.

Time for sega to finish the great investigation and start to do useful things.
by -=SPZ=-47
Thu Jun 09, 2016 3:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Stamina bar for Ryo Hazuki

Absolutely agree. Add those selectable dialogue lines, rechargeable health and those annoying qte's. Wait, oh shi...

:mrgreen: Just joking.

I was thinking of the features that are so annoying in modern gaming. Figures, Shenmue had a lot of them! But done it right.
by -=SPZ=-47
Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: A plea to be more positive

Comrads! Articles like that one are being written by losers who can't get a better job! Nobody who actually want's a review on a game will read those! People are not that dumb... Not yet at least... :???:

I'm not gonna lie to myself either. Look what happened to Duke nukem forever. It's basically like shenmue 3. Took 15 years and built so much hype and it turned out to be shit. Same thing will happen with half life 3. I hope shenmue 3 is different, but we've all been burned before too.
Oh, no-no-no. This is a different story. DNF is not Shenmue. And Randy "Pinocchio" Pitchford is not Yu Suzuki!
Yu Suzuki created masterpieces his life long! Randy turns every game he touches into trash and gets hyped about it. (I have so much to say about that man but it's offtopic and I'm too lazy.)

Bottom line - everything is great! Don't read moronic articles and comments from CoD fans.
by -=SPZ=-47
Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic