Search found 832 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue III teaser is FINALLY HERE!!

YSnet doesn't consider it a promotional effort, so I can't fathom why we keep going in circles about it supposedly being an "ad". Their word is the end of it. They know what they made.

YSnet's own language on the Kickstarter is that it's a progress video. Even the Playstation YouTube video (which apparently was meant to launch at the same time as the KS video) hedges its bets as "1st teaser" and a video description of "The first teaser of Shenmue III is built from a small slice of an in-development build of the game, and it delivers small peeks in new look of main characters, new characters, and feels of Shenmue world."

It doesn't even say what year the game is supposed to release FFS.

Trying to convince people that something that clearly wasn't an ad was an ad, and should have looked like an ad, but in the same breath making excuses for people who won't read a video description barely over 35 words... just... what?

-----

I did write this as a reply to Riku Rose, but I guess I'll squeeze you in too, South Carmain.

Ah, the old "realist" chestnut.

Who sounds more like a realist; the fan who acknowledges the project still has a ways to go but sees progress in a progress video , or the fan who thinks this was an unmitigated disaster because it didn't fit the definition of a type of video it wasn't meant to be in the first place? Do realists even exist with subjective events and media? (spoilers, this'll be covered later)

The fact it ended up on the Playstation YouTube means absolutely zero. It doesn't magically change YSnet's intent with the video, how they described it themselves, or even how the video description (with over 35, long, difficult, dreadfully hard words like "the") goes out of its way to put emphasis on being a heavily in-development build. These are the only absolute truths about the aim of the video. The YouTube channel debate is an entirely flimsy way to justify completely unrealistic expectations, reactions, and definitions you're ascribing to the progress video.

For an attempt to return this thread to Earth, let's take a look at the video on the Playstation YouTube itself: There are around 750,000 views on the progress video on the PS YouTube channel. There are just under 3000 comments, with no real idea of how many are negative or positive or how those numbers compare. There are 3000 dislikes, and 9000 likes. 3:1. 3 in 4 people who cared to vote on the video liked what they saw.

None of this is particularly scientific, but the only verifiable metric of the positive or negative impact of the progress video (unless you want to literally read every YouTube comment, Twitter post, video game forum, etc and weigh it against studies on views vs comments, likes vs comments, are people more likely to post if they have a negative opinion, general negativity bias in psychology, etc) are the likes and dislikes. And likes won, three times over.

The obsession over the perception of the progress video because of incredibly flimsy justifications like one of the YouTube channels it happened to appear on, or that 35 words of context is too much for the average viewer, is actually kind of crazy. Everything else going on, and that is the main preoccupation of some of you in this thread? Give me a fucking break. Realist? There is literally no such fucking thing here, and probably anywhere else.

Yu Suzuki is returning to Japan with a bigger budget, slightly larger dev team, an aim to expand the game significantly, and the ability to personally devote more time from his workday to actual development.

At least I decide to base my optimism (and yes, I'm not afraid to call my opinions what they actually are, unlike the pessimists pretending to be realists) on what we found out from Gamescom and where the project is going next.
by Spaghetti
Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II on XBox One

SEGA would basically need to authorise this, no? As it's not actually using the OG Xbox disks but rather downloading a digital copy.

It'll be interesting to see how this develops. Unfortunately, it might mean no Shenmue HD if IIx does hit XBO via backwards compatibility, because it would otherwise cut into their profits if HD was coming too.
by Spaghetti
Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Signs of life from Deep Silver

I mostly read that comment as DS just reposting new KS materials as they come - which is what they've been doing recently haven't they?

That said, Deep Silver are probably going to be more heavily involved in future showings of the game. MAGIC kind of felt like the last informal showing of Shenmue III outside the occasional Kickstarter update going forward. I don't put a huge amount of stock into what Cedric says anymore, but you get the vibe that DS are taking a tighter grip when he explains (or does damage control, depends on your outlook) on why more didn't get shown last month.

Also with Kingdom Come off Deep Silver's promotional slate, I can only imagine some PR staff are moving onto other stuff; which may include Shenmue III.
by Spaghetti
Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

Thanks to mjq jazz bar for finding this out. It seems to have slipped through the net.

A few days ago Corey posted a status on Facebook, and a fan asked him when VO recording for the English dub begins. Corey replied that currently the plan is for him to begin in late May.

https://abload.de/img/cm2blankl9qvn.jpg

While it's possible things could slip, seems the intention is to begin recording ASAP.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Corey Marshall currently set to record VO in late May

Where does this speculatively put us in terms of how far development truly is? Could it bode well for an E3 bombshell? Hope so.
It's probably too close to E3 to have English VO showcased, if Shenmue III turns up there at all. I'd hazard a guess Japanese VO sessions may have already begun though, so there's that.

In terms of development, VO recording differs from game to game but for the sake of cost effectiveness it's probably loaded towards the back end for Shenmue III, so they don't have to pull the talent back in to re-record if something in development changes that requires new dialogue.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Do they make the mouth animation once they have the voice recorded or the other way around?

Having in mind they are recording in japanese, maybe they have already made the animation for the japanese voice and they will apply the english voice in the same animation?

After all, we may see the release of the game this year!
While it's not been confirmed, I feel fairly confident based on some snippets of test animations seen in the Gamescom progress video they're using some kind of lip tracking technology for main characters like Ryo or Shenhua. So the mouth animations will be generated at the same time they do the VO.

As of right now we don't really know if they're doing lip tracking for both language tracks, or if the English VO will just be a straight dub over the Japanese mouth movements. An optimistic guess is they'll be doing it for both languages.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Niao Sun still planned to be the villain in Shenmue I

I like the idea that Mr. Muscles could be a possible placeholder for anyone. In one pose of the new pictures from MAGIC 2018 Mr. Muscles have a female-like pose, i think. On the Warehouse-Picture.
I don't think he's a placeholder in that image, personally. And he's taking some kind of mantis style stance, so not really gender specific.

Admittedly, Niao Sun is supposed to be a master of mantis style too, but it's more likely Mr Muscles is her underling than his model being a placeholder for hers in that shot.
by Spaghetti
Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:53 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The 'Smell' Shader

Can't wait to smell those graphics.

But no, the screens from MAGIC '18 aren't from the Gamescom build. There are a lot of improvements specifically in regards to their lighting and material shaders in the new stuff - although it's anybody's guess how "done" they are and if Yu has achieved the right "smell".
by Spaghetti
Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:03 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Yeah. Keep an eye out in the coming months. If everything continues to go as planned, especially with voiceover recording, this Summer might be when the surveys go out even if the game possibly gets another delay.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo and Shenhua can't possibly retain their Shenmue 1/2

I think YSnet have been doing a decent enough job of somehow evoking the "Dreamcast look" each time the game surfaces in new images, especially recently.

Ultimately YSnet have to bridge a 20 year technology gap, it was never going to be 1:1 with the old games in any respect.

Take the small debates over the colour of Ryo's jacket for example:

In the old games the highlights and crevices were painted onto the texture. Now, the lightness and darkness of the jacket are partly determined by the lighting conditions because of physically based rendering. They're both a brown leather jacket, made with the graphics techniques available during their respective timeframes. The comparisons are basically pointless.

With this always in mind, I'm not going to be nitpicky about where they're taking the graphics. Even stuff that's related to art direction decisions like Shenhua's new outfit I'm not entirely bothered about, although I still have a feeling her original outfit will be in the game; or was at least attempted (could have been dropped due to technical reasons regarding her sleeves, idk).
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 27, 2018 4:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

SledgeNE wrote: Is it possible that we will see gameplay of Shenmue III this year? I hope for that!

Yes. I would not be surprised if we're only a couple months away from that point, actually.
by Spaghetti
Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The Good Life

You might want to take another look over the content of the KS page.

There's a section that explains why they're asking for less (because they have partners who've agreed to front 60% of development cost), who those partners are (currently only indie label Unties has been announced, but they seem the key player), and why the partners aren't just funding the game completely.
by Spaghetti
Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Why no Xbox One version? Wouldn't it make sense since the button layout is identical to that of the Dreamcast controller?
Sony is the marketing partner, so there's some kind of exclusivity deal there even if it's limited.

For what it's worth, Yu did approach Microsoft regarding Shenmue III before the Kickstarter, but apparently they weren't offering a deal as good as Sony.

Phil Spencer paid a lot of lip service to Shenmue and the fans prior to III hitting KS, but it seems it was just that; lip service.
by Spaghetti
Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I mean... I've given up hoping that people take half a minute to Google the KS page to see what's going on with the project, rather than just jumping to "haven't heard from it in three years wtf?!"; although to be honest I doubt they're Shenmue's audience in the first place.

The game will turn up at a big event at some point, I think I'm just kind of tired of chasing the next "new info high".
by Spaghetti
Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It annoys me when people call Shenmue a flop

What so offending about it being financial flop?
Because it's used to talk down the series and future financial viability. It's a very surface level reading of the situation Shenmue was in.

The original game sold 1.2+ million copies on an install base of like 8/9 million consoles, which is an attach rate comparable to Skyrim on Xbox 360. Ultimately the problem was the Dreamcast not selling as well as it could/should have, and getting steamrolled in mindshare by the PS2 even before it was even out.
by Spaghetti
Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The plot point was heavily foreshadowed since the first game. Ryo is relentlessly told not to throw his life away on revenge, or not to become a killer too.

To be honest I kind of wish we didn't already know how it pans out. A "will he/won't he" dynamic would have been an interesting flavour to Ryo's arc in Shenmue III.

I suppose there's a good substitute in not knowing if Ryo will succeed in defeating Lan Di in battle, though.
by Spaghetti
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Easiest way to get the Monkey Roll Drop and Heel Sweep?

While Peter was preparing one of the finale streams for Shenmue II last year, me, Jibby, and SkillJim sat watching him stream playing this Lucky Hit table for 4+ hours with no success.

It's an absolute bastard.
by Spaghetti
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: (APRIL FOOLS) Project Update #81: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Carrot-obsessed martial arts ghost would be the best episode of Most Haunted, ever.
by Spaghetti
Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

MAGIC '18 - ShenmueMaster Yu Suzuki interview

Saw this didn't have a dedicated topic so I thought I'd knock one up.

You can find the video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bieq9pEjPgA&t=

Yu is quite coy with his answers, but there are bits and pieces in there that intrigued me.

In particular, Yu mentioning how events may play out differently depending on your dialogue choices. Would have liked to have asked a follow-up if that kind of branching design applied to other stuff like success and failure at fights and QTEs; like Shenmue II.
by Spaghetti
Mon Apr 09, 2018 1:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

If anybody hasn't been paying attention, a lot has developed on this in the last hour or so.

Sega America and Europe hyped the event up as having a huge announcement, as did Koch Media's French account (so whatever it is, it's getting a retail release most likely), and then:

https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/984810329115938816

This... may need relocating to a Shenmue board.
by Spaghetti
Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sega Festival 2018 - FES

The next Sonic racing game was already teased last month, and is almost certainly confirmed to be Sonic-only racer at this point. Whatever it is, it aint' that.

Can someone post what the Tweet was?

I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't want to walk away disappointed.
https://twitter.com/SEGA_Europe/status/984810329115938816

Overt teasing towards Shenmue HD. There are a lot of people hyping this event, from Koch Media to the ATLUS USA guy who does work localising (maybe?) SEGA Japan's content and bringing it to the West. It could be more than one announcement, but I really, reaaaaaaally feel that Shenmue HD will be a part of it.
by Spaghetti
Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

It's a win no matter which way you slice it.

And again - they wouldn't have put the "pre-release WIP footage" disclaimer if this was "done". Shenmue II in particular looks like a cross between the DC and Xbox versions, and there's an attempt at rebuilt lighting in the prologue of the opening to the original Shenmue. I think whatever improvements they're making visually, they're not done with it yet.

Stuff like getting it working at all, new and classic control schemes (for pads and PC), the new UI, and dual audio may have understandably have come first.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The possibility of HD Saves carrying over to Shenmue III

It'd be nice if some stuff carried over, but given HD and III are being made independently of one another, and that in some respects III will be a "clean slate" on items, moves, etc; I don't expect it.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Hell Froze Over -- Selling Dreamcast Because of This.

I may stick mine into storage now. I mean, I never really used it anyway but keeping it on my TV stand felt like a symbolic gesture. Now we're getting Shenmue III and HD, it's probably time to retire it.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD announced for PS4 / XBOX ONE / PC

New video with Imran Yusuf and Adam Koralik apparently due to drop tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/imranyusuf/status/985220196783669248

So a quick question about the game graphics. Are they remastered in HD or is this a port upscaled? I keep seeing conflicting reports.
According to Adam Koralik's video they will be in 1080p. So, HD. A HD remaster.

Not a remake , which is what the likes of Crash, Spyro, SotC are.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Critical Reception (Reviews)

There's no "don't care" option, but that's where I'd fall.

Absolutely beyond giving a fuck about critical reception to Shenmue games in any capacity. It should be clear, especially to fans, that some people will just not "get it". It'll be divisive for exactly the same reasons it was on release.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

I have little to no doubt that a few junior modders could creative a better version of this game than Sega is doing. I longed for Shenmue 3 for so long, perhaps too long, as when it was announced I was hoping that it will be the last game in the series so I can close this chapter in my life.

When this got announced, the lack of excitement was telling. I just knew, even before I watched the trailer, that Sega was going to do a shit job of it. Main concerns

- No graphical upgrade which will essentially mean that only Shenmue fans will be getting this
- Outdated gameplay. Was a great game, still has a fantastic story but think back on it the controls are clunky
- That it will sell poorly, as with Shenmue 3, and it we will be left waiting for a conclusion yet again. Only this time it doesn't get released.
Maybe you should go read up on the details about this, considering you don't even know a new control scheme is being included or that textures have been improved (skybox in the original Shenmue is the most notable one so far).

If you wanted a remake, tough. The junior modders comment is ignorant, though.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Announcement = Better Chance for Shenmue 4?

If HD and III do modestly well I can maybe see SEGA bringing YSnet into the fold and forming a partnership to make IV.

SEGA's current strategy is to reinvigorate old brands and create new ones. If this holds past Shenmue III's release and the sales are encouraging enough, they might decide to take a bigger interest in Shenmue's future.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Achievements Confirmed

Not sure if this was in any of the articles or snippets of the press release out there.

Via Adam Koralik's Facebook.

Getting ready to leave Japan. Want to extend a big thank you to all of you. I can tell you first hand, Sega expected you to be happy, but they were genuinely shocked by the extreme passion shown around the world in the last 24 hours. Watching them cover their mouths and be moved as they watched people like James Reiner cry, smiling intensely as they see explosions of excitement come from others like HappyConsoleGamer and many more that exceed my ability to list. I watched them react to us as we all reacted to the news of the release. You have in every way lived up to the expectation I told them they'd get. Shenmue is love, we did it, we made it so. You made this possible, never forget that.

Many of you have a lot of questions about the release, unfortunately while I know the answer to many of your questions, I am not permitted to say more than about 5% of what I know. All of which is in my current video, I shall link it below for those interested.

However, I assure you, in time these answers will come. Many of you will be very happy, hopefully even a tenth as happy as I am. In the meantime continue to discuss, speculate, and above all, have fun. The more buzz and support, the better, trust me on that.

#ShenmueSaved

Video: https://youtu.be/Z04hUT23RiQ

Update: I'm now allowed to tell you that the release is being developed by D3T and that the game has achievements. I personally unlocked one while playing. ;)
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Achievements Confirmed

Jibby wrote: Achievement Unlocked: Eat a carrot

Good, good...
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

There's a visual effect missing during the dojo scene, like a sort of "haze" overlay. Though it's nowhere near as prominent as the video, because a lot of that is just the low resolution. Guessing they haven't gotten it working yet, or are planning a replacement.

The prologue scene with Shenhua on the cliff is greatly improved even over DEMUL, though. A lot of work on the lighting and colour balance, and improved textures for Shenhua and the skybox.

The trailer was marked with WIP so - don't lose ya' shit. They're probably aware of this.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Concerns about Shenmue HD.

Shenmue 2 cutscenes were always in 16x9. The fact that they go back to 4x3 at the end of the trailer doesn't make sense. "Sorry, we're going old again even though we're trying to show you the remastered game"

Since it was already mentioned - In Sonic Adventure 2's case, they had to keep some cutscenes in 4x3 because those scenes contained video overlays on top of the in-game rendering used for certain effects. The original videos were only 4x3 and it's likely that they didn't have the means or budget to try and re-create them. In Shenmue's case everything was in-engine so they should have the means to fix the cutscenes.

Esspiral is right though, there's no excuse for them not to fix it. We could do it for them if we ever figured out the cutscene format. I know it's just work in progress but we might as well notice these things now because if they make it all the way to release then they're not going to fix them. I want to see the game in the best condition they can put it in given the constraints. We know they're listening, so let's make sure when they do make changes they aren't sloppy.
Unless I'm seriously misremembering if the Xbox version had a widescreen option, Shenmue II's cutscenes were still 4:3, unless you're mistaking the letterboxing for 16:9.

A quick Google tells me it was not, considering there appear to be hacks for both Dreamcast and Xbox to get a widescreen aspect ratio.

They either haven't fully implemented their solution, have an aspect ratio toggle option, or it was, like I suggested, something done for the video. They may have just returned to the 4:3 footage because that was what they had, and how they decided to end the video, IDK. It may have been recorded to be placed at the start of the trailer and got switched. The switch up from 4:3 to 16:9 in the middle of the trailer appears intentional, though.

It's unwise to start pointing fingers about no excuses not to fix X or Y, especially when the trailer is clearly marked WIP.
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

TheThreeevils wrote: "We can finally reveal that the d3t team have been resurrecting Shenmue from the original source code written over 20 years ago", from D3T's official Facebook page.

Oh god it's right there in the OP as well, hahaha.

Very good news though.
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:14 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 on Steam?

It may be on GOG. The reason most companies use Steam, apart from its massive user base, is because of DRM. With Shenmue 3 already tight budget DRM may be missing from the game. If thats the case then GOG may also be an option.
That's part of distribution. Deep Silver will front the cost as publisher.
by Spaghetti
Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

He was working, most likely.

There's still a dividing line between HD and III that we don't know is going to be bridged yet. Symbolically trotting him out would have been nice, but I dunno if either party wants to start muddying the water on the degrees of separation between SEGA's project and YSnet's project just yet.

For example - there have been plenty of comments already from puzzled people about HD coming to Xbox and proclaiming III will be coming too, as they're ignorant to the licencing arrangement that meant III could get made.
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 1 & 2 will be $29.99

$29.99 seems reasonable considering they're offering dual audio, new UI, new and classic control schemes, and whatever else they have planned (they did say "& more" after all).

As per the Game Informer article improved textures also seem to be on the cards, and looking particularly at the Shenmue II screens it looks like they're trying to split the difference between the Dreamcast and Xbox versions. If they're porting from source code too, it's not an insignificant task and they're asking a pretty decent amount for it at that.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: So Xbox Huh? Shenmue 1 & 2 HD

SEGA and YSnet are operating independently, and MS missed out on III when they failed to offer YSnet an acceptable deal for support. Simple as that.

I think III will hit Xbox eventually, but they didn't back up their lip service to the series like Sony did.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Sales prediction (first year)

Yeah. They're not interchangeable. Kiwami is a straight up remake.
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD Fact sheet

I should point out that if anybody here is going to contact D3T, please do so as politely as possible.

If you're being rude and demanding, there will be repercussions here.
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 1:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What trophies/achievements do you want to see in 1 & 2 H

BayStone wrote: Do not run while travelling with Shen Hua.

Or skipping conversations.

If they want to do a super obscure reference that only a tiny fraction of fans will get, they'd call that achievement "Let's Hur".
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: THQ Nordic will not be at E3 2018. No Shenmue 3?

Deep Silver are on the attendees list last I checked.

They're operating as separate entities, as you can see on the list below. Until Deep Silver says they're out too, they're at E3.

Source: https://www.e3expo.com/participating-companies
by Spaghetti
Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Masaya Matsukaze (Ryo's JP VA) gearing up to resume role

As per Switch. https://twitter.com/phantom_river/status/985688424815312897

Much like with Corey Marshall, Masaya Matsukaze is getting ready to put on the brown leather jacket again sometime in the near future.

It's possible Japanese and English voice recording might be happening concurrently in Tokyo and LA, if the late May date Corey Marshall gave us holds; but that's just my take on it.
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Remaster VS Original Comparison Video

Nice new screens.

The Shenmue II one is another reason why I don't think the 4:3/16:9 argument is anything to be worried about like concerns thread might make out. That shot is from gameplay rather than a cutscene, as it's from the little question and answers section with Shenhua in the cave. We've already seen a Shenmue II cutscene in 16:9, and running around gameplay in 16:9, so why would this be 4:3?
by Spaghetti
Sun Apr 15, 2018 11:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Nice to have Features for HD Release

I have a fairly modest wishlist. Texture filtering, anti-aliasing, and shadowing for buildings. I'll even take shadowing in Shenmue II only if it comes to it.
by Spaghetti
Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:18 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic