Search found 920 matches

Return

Re: Will Shenmue 3 Suck?

I've said it so many times, but when real footage of this game emerges and trailers are made public, true fans of Shenmue are going to be completely blown away by how amazing this game is on a "Shenmue" level.

It really will be a true successor to the previous two games.
by Peter
Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Ah. Where to start? Forgive me because this is going to be a very long read!

Let's go then...

No.
by Kiske
Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

By Friday we should get the details of the new Shenmue 3 roadmap.

Can't wait!
by Kiske
Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spaghetti wrote: Short answer: Nah.

Long answer: Nah...

:lol:
by Sonoshee
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:49 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

They need to get the English voice acting right this time. I found the second game English voices much worst. The first game doesn't bother me much.
by The_Intruder
Thu Jun 29, 2017 10:48 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

11th April

$6,741,561 (+$184)

74,165 backers (+2) ($92 per backer)

12th April

$6,741,682 (+$121)

74,168 backers (+3) ($40 per backer)

16 days later...

28th April

$6,747,423 (+$5741)

74,239 (+71) ($80.5 per backer)

Bingo!

11th May 2017 (13 days since last update)

$6,753,052 (+$5,629)

74,324 (+85) (+$66/backer)

31 May 2017 (+20 days)

$6,762,419 (+$9,367)

74,448 (+124) (+$75/backer)

Wow at those numbers!
13th June 2017 (+13 days)

$6,769,134 (+$6,715)

74,535 backers (+87)

30th June 2017 (+17 days)

$6,773,718 (+$4584)

74,584 backers (+49) ($93.5/backer)
by bebolejia
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:58 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Greetings Everyone.

First things first,

We would like to express our gratitude for the many comments we received on our previous report. From constructive criticism to kind words of encouragement, we were touched by every single one of your comments. Yu Suzuki and the entire Shenmue III Team are more determined than ever to bring to the Shenmue III that will live up to your expectations.

gamescom 2017 plans!

We will be attending Germany's mid-August gaming event gamescom 2017! While we are still working out the details with our partners, we plan to show our newest movie clips, share the latest updates and even make some new announcements.

Title logo change

Yes, Shenmue III has updated its title logo. Taking your comments into consideration, Yu Suzuki and the team gave the title logo another hard look and decided to update the logo with this design.

http://i.imgur.com/fdu3a4f.png  

Characters in development

We have been hard at work developing the inhabitants who will set the stage of adventure in Shenmue III. Here's a sneak peek of what to expect!

http://i.imgur.com/zTUR20E.png
A strong-willed girl, she seems...

http://i.imgur.com/SR3y6ID.png
Be on the lookout for shirt button projectiles!

http://i.imgur.com/MRuzLd9.png
My, what lovely facial hair you have...

Thank you as always for your continued support. We look forward to showing you more soon!

Link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1907628
by Switch
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #69: June Report

Best update for a long, long time!

Loving the return of the original logo. Looks awesome.

And the promise of footage in August - can't wait!

What's the difference between the 'new' logo and the original?
I think it's just the yellow colour scheme. Makes sense. Shenmue II had a red themed logo compared to the plain white Shenmue I logo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
by Jibby
Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Would anybody with Japanese translation skills mind checking the Japanese version of the update for differences with the English version?

http://shenmue.link/news/shenmue3/507/?en

This is definitely a job for Switch. I think he's going to post an article about the update on his blog.
He'll probably make a full translation of the original Japanese update version.
http://www.phantomriverstone.com/
by Kiske
Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just have to take a moment to wish farewell to the good ol' paryapus logo. Poor thing had a hard life and it's thankfully been retired to history.

Thank God too! How immense is the fact that we have a new, old logo. I mean, never mind dreams coming true at Gamescom, we are going to have a physical box with the real Shenmue 3 logo on it. The one that was revealed in 2015.

Words cant describe how happy I am about that alone. Fuck yes!
by Peter
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The 'new' logo has made its way to the official website. \:D/

by iyapol
Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fantastic update all around, couldn't be happier.

For one the logo is perfect. Nothing more to add, but yes it's the simple things.

The art continues to amaze, so iconic. How it transitions into actual character models (final build) will be interesting to see.

Gamescom. Yes! Smaller venue, less media pressure, fitting for a title with a budget as such and more to reveal sooner. Let's set the tone for a Shenmue filled end of the year leading into a jam packed 2018. I expect presence at the bigger shows when we have a near final product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
by Yama
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Somebody posted a high resolution (1198x275) new Shenmue 3 logo with transparent background on Twitter, so here you go:

Edit: Higher resolution (2048x470) -> http://i.imgur.com/dETcZnR.png
by Kiske
Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - [WAIT] - [QUIT]

I will be there on behalf of the Dojo with live Twitter and Instagram posts throughout the event. Other sections of the community may be there also but it's still all being worked on at the moment, so more details will be revealed over the coming weeks. :nice!:
by Peter
Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Spaghetti wrote: Depends when you remember the discussion taking place.

But Sony is the publisher for the PS4 version as far as we know.

I should probably just stop drinking in the middle of the afternoon.
by Kiske
Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fresh news about Shenmue 3 presence at Gamescom.

Limited to the business area according to Gematsu:
http://gematsu.com/2017/07/shenmue-iii- ... iness-area
by Kiske
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:20 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Kickstarter Update #70: Gamescom 2017 Update #1

日本語はこちら

Hello Everyone!

Today we would like to share details about Shenmue III at gamescom 2017 which will be held at Koelnmesse in Cologne, Germany this August. Yu Suzuki himself will of course be there to give the latest news about Shenmue III's development!

Shenmue III at gamescom 2017

https://ksr-ugc.imgix.net/assets/017/490/307/5770dcfe858ca1747fc7121a5e4847a1_original.jpg?w=639&fit=max&v=1499942110&auto=format&q=92&s=2912f8d7dc3471ebaed7071cda5360ab

The business area

We will be participating in the business area. The area is limited to media and other business members of the game industry. Unfortunately, general admittance visitors cannot enter this area. For the latest on-site info, we please ask you to check the various media outlets.

The entertainment area

This area is open to the public. We have no events planned for this venue at the moment, but we are communicating with the organizers to see if we can do something with the fans in this area. Should we have an event in the entertainment area, we will notify you with the details as soon as possible.

*Further details for gamescom 2017 can be found on their official website.

Thank you as always for your continued support!

Source: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1935229
Also available on: http://shenmue.link/post_en/527/?en

#Shenmue3
by alimn
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah it's like Ys Net wants to show us some good things but they can't so they are trying work on that so they can show the public instead. If that's the case it means they want to it to be out in the open rather then it being limited! :D
The update specifically points out that information shown in the business area will be disseminated by games media, so the public will be shown regardless of whether they can arrange an event for fans with passes only for the entertainment area.
Yeah you're right, maybe it's just me getting a bit confused by all this, sorry. I'm sure regardless of how they are gonna be there or how they show Shenmue III, it will be good. Even if Shenmue HD never happens I'm hoping Shenmue 3 will still be a success.
by adom11800
Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Gamescom Roll Call - attendees and meet up arrangements.

Have any of the editors considered applying for a press pass? Well worth a try.

http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/gamescom/Press/accreditation/index.php

Seems more relevant now after today's update :D

For a group meetup, would it be worth using a doodle page for people to fill in, so we can find the most convenient time for everybody?

Try https://beta.doodle.com/poll/hz2vmbp9ma7u8vqk
by yuc02
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:19 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea it's not a very well described event. I mean the questions outweigh the answers with Gamescom.

Does YSNET attend Devcom now?
Is that the developer conference?
Or the Gamescom public keynote?
Can people purchase the business pass/VIP pass (at ridiculous prices)
Does a press pass allow you into the business area?
Is the Devcom press accreditation separate from Gamescom accreditation?
Is the Gamescom Congress related to this?
It says some fans may be granted access to business halls on the Tuesday. How?

I could go on but I will leave it there for now.

I should be transparent, and these questions are related to anyone attending Cologne in person. There is no cause for concern whatsoever about any and all footage, trailers, gameplay, announcements etc being made public. They went public with that by announcing it as a Kickstarter update. NO backer is going to miss out on any footage, and it's definitely not the case that there is material is being shown behind closed doors and won't be made available to the public, either via livestream or instant update/media release.
by Peter
Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just for the sake of understanding what we can expect from Shenmue 3 being in the business area I was searching for a game displayed "behind closed doors" in the past at Gamescom.

I found Forza Horizon 3, at Gamescom 2016 (although there was also a show-floor demo):
https://www.gtplanet.net/30-minutes-of-new-forza-horizon-3-gameplay-from-behind-closed-doors-at-gamescom-2016/

...Interviews and accompanying play-throughs have been happening behind closed doors however, and Xbox On has exclusive footage from one of these meetings.

Creative Director Ralph Fulton walks us through the gameplay, showing off new areas and features in the game...
by Kiske
Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea it's not a very well described event. I mean the questions outweigh the answers with Gamescom.

Does YSNET attend Devcom now?
At this point, no.

Is that the developer conference?
devcom is the Developer conference and the successor to the now defunct GDC Europe.

Or the Gamescom public keynote?
devcom will host keynotes targeted at different audiences.

Can people purchase the business pass/VIP pass (at ridiculous prices)
They can, providing the necessary credentials.

Does a press pass allow you into the business area?
Yes, that is the main purpose of the business area, to arrange meetings between publishers and press as well as business-to-business talks and sales.

Is the Devcom press accreditation separate from Gamescom accreditation?
Yup.

Is the Gamescom Congress related to this?
It is rather a Germany-centered range of panels concerning the local games industry.

It says some fans may be granted access to business halls on the Tuesday. How?
This is called the wildcard process. A select bunch of regular visitors will be granted access to gamescom on Media Day.
Wildcards are sold and made available provided you subscribe to the gamescom newsletters. It's basically a raffle.
However, this has always been heavily critisized by both publishers and press, complicating and overcrowding gamescom at their very first day which should be reserved for media professionals.

I could go on but I will leave it there for now.
Yes, gamescom's website is a mess.

by pennypincher
Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:40 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Funny how the 30 minutes of Forza Horizon 3 gameplay generated comments. :lol:

My point was only to get us a basic idea of what happens for games presented behind "closed doors" and also to reassure everybody of the potential coverage of such "closed" event by media outlets.

Now, back to the central question raised almost everywhere after the update.

Shenmue 3 will not be participating in the visitors area. Just as a reminder, here's the show floor from Gamescom 2016.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGWzb6q2-gg

Can you picture YsNet running a booth for the whole Gamescom?
Offering what to the visitors?
A polished 2 minutes trailer running for 96 hours?
A playable demo absolutely not representative of the final product version of Shenmue 3?
YsNet could be hosted by a partner? That could happen actually, at least, that's how I imagine YsNet idea to do something for the fans.

What I'm trying to say here (and again, I get totally the frustration of the fans going to Cologne) is that the road YsNet has decided to take with Gamescom 2017 is the best one.

Shenmue 3 being in the business area means YsNet will have full control on what they show and how they show it. They will be able to meet the press and whoever they want in the industry with some privacy, answer to questions, explain their technical or artistic choice, give interviews, make announcements, etc...

About one or two month ago, we did agree about the fact that creating a trailer for an event like E3 was particularly time, energy and money consuming and that this would take ressources away from the game development.
Agreeing to that also means that a playable, stable build of Shenmue in a controlled environment available for the media outlets and the industry only is a smart choice.

Suzuki San is going to be there. Talking about the game, maybe making contacts within the industry and adressing aspects of the game production he cannot handle when in the Tokyo office.
The presence of Shenmue 3 at Gamescom 2017 and the way it's going to be present is a fantastic news for many reasons.

I feel sorry for those going there with the hope to see Shenmue 3 on a big screen, or even play it, but it wasn't going to happen in my opinion. That said, the fact that YsNet is aware of the fans expectations and that they are trying to organize something for them is another proof that they do care about us.

Fingers crossed, but I've to say, this update really got me excited and makes me confident about Shenmue 3 quality at the moment.
by Kiske
Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd laugh if it was just an image of a new vending machine. I'd actually be laughing so hard, shake Suzuki's hand, keep laughing and walk away.
by Peter
Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:00 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I'm taking this product sighting as a good omen for things soon to come!

by Centrale
Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

So happy for the words PHYSICAL COPY (MN9 fallout continues)

Wow. Could you actually imagine if this happened to us? Just when you thought the Mighty Number 9 farce had died a horrible death, it's still continuing to fuck over fans. I mean check it out:

https://twitter.com/Isfet/status/889955595272560640

Gaf comedy thread - http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1411284

The backers are being sent a flatpack box that they have to put together themselves! No physical game, and the manual for the game doesn't fit inside the box. Honestly, you couldn't make this up.
To add to the confusion, some people thought they were getting a physical game on top of their digital game, but it's on this point where the story gets more dark. If you read the MN9 $60 rewards tier, it doesn't say the backer would get a physical release of the game itself, just a physical game box! On the one hand, completely legal, on the other, absolutely ropey as fuck to the fans.

For all the flack the Shenmue 3 Kickstart received, I am thankful after seeing this, that there has been absolute clarity between digital game release and physical game release from the very beginning. Also that there were discussions with Sony during the Kickstarter campaign due to fan demand for a physical release to be included.
by Peter
Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #71: Gamescom 2017 Update #2

Hell's bells. Are people being intentionally obtuse or what?! Do you need people to explain to you that the sky is blue, and chew food for you? Videos being shown to press and included in KS update that week. Shake hands with Yu Suzuki for the public. What's the problem here?

If anyone is seriously confused about what words mean, just accept the reassurance of those who aren't.
by Centrale
Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:01 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'd go one better and say we are just a few folk getting bogged down over a matter of language. Words for fuck sakes. This news will kick in properly across the gaming media and the world when it actually goes down at the event itself. In fact, not a lot of eyes are ever on Gamescom in general. I believe that Shenmue 3 material will take a lot by surprise who don't know that it's even going to be there. It will not disappoint either. I know it won't. I've seen it.
by Peter
Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Nonetheless, I think we can draw a line under it now. Hopefully everyone understands the update at this point, so let's all pull this thread out of the usual whirlpool of circular debate or just let it die if there's nothing new to say.
by Let's Get Sweaty
Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I've made a post on Phantom River Stone which hopefully captures the essential points from the last 3 updates about it, and reduces any confusion.

http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... at-we.html
by Switch
Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Announcing: the Virtua Fridays stream

EXCLUSIVE Twitch Clip Highlight - Jibby is channelling his inner Scottish ancestry! What a guy!

https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveJoyo ... RaccAttack
by FlagshipFighter
Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:26 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Announcing: the Virtua Fridays stream

FlagshipFighter wrote: EXCLUSIVE Twitch Clip Highlight - Jibby is channelling his inner Scottish ancestry! What a guy!

https://clips.twitch.tv/InquisitiveJoyo ... RaccAttack

Oh no :rotflmao:
by Jibby
Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I plan to bring my Shenmue vinyl while taking loads of pictures.
by pennypincher
Sat Jul 29, 2017 10:22 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Message to Suzuki-san @ Gamescom

For next month's Gamescom event, I've plans to make a motivational banner for YsNet on behalf of all of us here (and other fan groups), and will deliver this to him during the show, as Switch mentions in his post: http://www.phantomriverstone.com/2017/0 ... .html#more

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i6oha9kv_p8/WXsr96yzF2I/AAAAAAAACqw/Ulk2OZ7YAeQEyPWwjjnnZaizWMyqBgODgCLcBGAs/s400/20370881_10102406428505150_445185908_n.png

I will be going to the show Weds-Fri, and hopefully can meet some of you guys there for you to sign it before I hand the thing over. I'll be hanging around Asia Wok restaurant in the showfloor (see here: http://www.gamescom-cologne.com/redaktionell/gamescom_1/downloads_21/pdf_26/fuer_alle_2/Gastroplan.pdf), and timings will be dependent on when the meet and greet with Suzuki-san is.

PM me if you want to get involved!

Btw the message is literally "Ganbatte!", or "Do your best!"
by yuc02
Sat Jul 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

I foresee a huge increase of money after the gamescom if they show some clips or a trailer with the updated material.
by Hazuki00
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Three Weeks Remai

Got my press pass approved this morning. Now time to make plans.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yea I'd say it won't matter too much. I will be recording random footage for video packages when I get back anyways, and the KS should also have any major announcements covered.

But I'm a fan of live reaction videos so I will be trying to capture any footage like that at the event.
by Peter
Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue II Music: Unused 33 & 34

phpBB [video]
by Ziming
Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Weird to think we're just over two weeks away from this thing now, y'know? After literally years of anticipation too.

Shenmue III hasn't been at an event of comparable size since it was announced two years ago. MAGIC is kind of just a blip in comparison, when you think about it. A distant blip at that, over a year and a half ago.

Even the stuff $10K backers saw in Japan is like 14 months old now. Even our super brief glimpses at the game running in late February will be six months old when Gamescom rolls around. There's just so much distance between what we know about Shenmue III, and what YSnet actually has now.

Probably best not to let expectations run wild, though. There are going to be at least a few other opportunities where Shenmue III has to appear in a promotional sense, so some cards are going to have to be kept up the sleeves.

Bring it on!

:rotflmao:
by iyapol
Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Phantom River Stone Articles [Updated Regularly]

This is an index of all articles published on the Phantom River Stone blog through to the archival of these old Shenmue Dojo forums at the end of July 2018 - visit the new forums for more. Enjoy!

⋅  "Like" the blog page on Facebook
⋅  Follow Phantom River Stone on Twitter
⋅  Support us on Patreon!

July 2018
https://i.imgur.com/qmvJAFls.png Examining the Warehouse Battle Scene
https://i.imgur.com/HvNXjkTs.png Shenmue Documentary Kickstarter Launched!
https://i.imgur.com/ST0gf44s.png SEGA's "Return to Dobuita Street" Video
https://i.imgur.com/HXdyjPDs.jpg The Changing Face of the Abe Store: Beta vs Release
https://i.imgur.com/v8Vo33Ys.png Yu Suzuki Selected as CEDEC 2018 Special Award Winner
https://i.imgur.com/3RAo10As.png Clouds, Smoke & Street Lights
https://i.imgur.com/2uwsgIBs.jpg Cédric Biscay Visits Yu Suzuki in Tokyo
https://i.imgur.com/zvrJWmns.png The "AI Battling" Stretch Goal
https://i.imgur.com/i6EfyBNs.png Leaving the Cave?
https://i.imgur.com/adAdkcms.png Shenmue I & II Release Date + Latest Details
https://i.imgur.com/HUnFwMls.png Shenmue I & II Rated by the ESRB

June 2018
https://i.imgur.com/tVWtsbUs.png Choubu Inn Floor Plans | Translation & Commentary
https://i.imgur.com/63Y0wXYs.png Shenmue III Backer Survey Information: Distilled
https://i.imgur.com/jhKqaoIs.png [Part 2/2] "15 Secrets of Shenmue" 1999 interview
https://i.imgur.com/hf9LT9ls.png Shenmue Premiere Blue Tri-fold Pamphlet (1998) | Shenmue Merchandise
https://i.imgur.com/Ekr0DKBs.png The Announcement of Shenmue I & II | On-the-Ground Report
https://i.imgur.com/GgtFs84s.png iPhone/iPad: Guide to Downloading Kotodaman Outside Japan | Guest Post
https://i.imgur.com/82UpULos.png Android: Guide to Downloading Kotodaman Outside Japan
https://i.imgur.com/9ve85S3s.png Toshihiro Nagoshi on Yu Suzuki | Sega Fes Livestream
https://i.imgur.com/4wUEADks.png Shenmue I & II Announcement Video (with English Subtitles)
https://i.imgur.com/a5U1fzQs.png Shenmue Premiere Poster (1998) | Shenmue Merchandise
https://i.imgur.com/LGoft7Ss.png Mystery Posters on Dobuita Street | Shenmue I
https://i.imgur.com/4cVGuQGs.png Phantom River Stone Gets Soupy
https://i.imgur.com/1Et43ZCs.png Trailer: Learn Japanese through Shenmue
https://i.imgur.com/27yZvIms.png "Sukajan" Jackets on Dobuita Street | Tax-free for Shenmue Fans
https://i.imgur.com/DEGoso0s.png Tour of Dobuita Street in Under One Minute | Hyperlapse Video
https://i.imgur.com/RI4OxWgs.png Kickstarter Update #81: Shenmue III Release Window Moved to 2019

May 2018
https://i.imgur.com/vOHZFKNs.png Examining the New Shenmue 3 Images in the THQ Nordic Presentation
https://i.imgur.com/ZFEsAJHs.png Commentary: Shenhua's new voice actress | Kickstarter Update #82
https://i.imgur.com/thlOz0Zs.png Image of a Day's Worth of Shenmue 3 Script
https://i.imgur.com/MbkRSSn.jpg A Visit to the Forbidden City - Guest post by James Brown
https://i.imgur.com/v4bnOvf.jpg [Part 1/2] "15 Secrets of Shenmue" 1999 interview with Yu Suzuki | Translation
https://i.imgur.com/0M6Z0jr.jpg "Soft Launch" of Backer Survey Emails | Kickstarter Update #83
https://i.imgur.com/h9GitnZ.jpg Brief New Shenmue I & II footage from E3 2018
https://i.imgur.com/U74AhJF.jpg Patron's Choice Blog Topic for June
https://i.imgur.com/CJQPILx.jpg Japanese Lesson #1 (Video) | Learn Japanese Through Shenmue
https://i.imgur.com/PuThaqps.png Shenmue Premiere Bag (1998) | Shenmue Merchandise

April 2018
https://i.imgur.com/5eoHZRXs.png Masaya Matsukaze Prepares to Reprise Role as Ryo Hazuki
https://i.imgur.com/LcAlMCys.png It's Really Happening! Shenmue I & II Coming to Modern Platforms in 2018
https://i.imgur.com/ADUfMyJs.png "HUGE announcement" to be made at SEGA FES
https://i.imgur.com/yRTsL4Js.png SEGA Fes 2018 English Schedule & Information | 14-15 April 2018
https://i.imgur.com/1ssI0r0s.png Shenmue 1 Start of Game Flowchart | Early Design Document Translation
https://i.imgur.com/vmDZhRJs.png New Series: Learning Japanese through Shenmue

March 2018
https://i.imgur.com/pdnBWxps.png Diorama of the You Arcade: Interview with its Creator
https://i.imgur.com/q3bD58ts.png A Survey of Red TVs in Shenmue | Guest Post
https://i.imgur.com/588g6HMs.png Erhu Concert by Ryuji Iuchi & Hiroko Suzuki
https://i.imgur.com/yn8zHKws.jpg Yu Suzuki's MAGIC Conference in English | Transcript & Video
https://i.imgur.com/7A1o0N0s.png Announcement: Phantom River Stone is on Patreon!
https://i.imgur.com/0QqWbD2s.png Be Credited in SEGA's Upcoming Mobile Game "Kotodaman"
https://i.imgur.com/SvqsR1Bs.png Promotional VMU Sticker Sheet | Shenmue Merchandise

February 2018
https://i.imgur.com/Gk9iXVKs.png 4 New Screenshots from MAGIC 2018 | Kickstarter Update #80
https://i.imgur.com/TgP8NRvs.png Recap: Yu Suzuki at MAGIC 2018
https://i.imgur.com/twbdze0s.png Shenmue 3 at MAGIC 2018: Schedule Summary
https://i.imgur.com/yCPgH6Ds.png Draw Result: Shenmue Guide Map Giveaway on Twitter
https://i.imgur.com/G2o1nKrs.png Interview with Shenmue 2 Designer: Norikazu Hirai | Translation
https://i.imgur.com/NJGp6oTs.png Ryo Hazuki Cameo Confirmed for SEGA's New Mobile Game
https://i.imgur.com/9HyQOFrs.png "Shenmue Gaiden: A Christmas Story" | Fanmade Visual Novel
https://i.imgur.com/1NvTUAhs.png The Old Red TV | Chinese Restaurants in Shenmue
https://i.imgur.com/TOJMIces.png Help Ryo Hazuki Appear in SEGA's Mobile Game "Kotodaman"
https://i.imgur.com/vvijoSOs.png Hong Kong Diner | Translated Shenmue II Design Document
https://i.imgur.com/ArKJxqHs.png Shenmue Guide Map Giveaway on Twitter | Closes Feb 19th (JST)

January 2018
https://i.imgur.com/UBAG0W7s.jpg IGN Japan Interview with Cédric Biscay
https://i.imgur.com/1504Aa4s.png A Visit to Yokosuka After Snow | Photo Gallery
https://i.imgur.com/7a7KCu5s.png 1999 Shenmue Promo Leaflet
https://i.imgur.com/qqQQj8Fs.png Showcasing the Shenmue Guide Map | Video
https://i.imgur.com/H7e5LFcs.png Kickstarter Update #79: Shenmue III Conference at MAGIC 2018
https://i.imgur.com/y2EUvmSs.jpg Examining the 3 New Shenmue III Screenshots | MAGIC Press Conference
https://i.imgur.com/uM47HAOs.png Sakuragaoka Park in Real Life
https://i.imgur.com/fxiveVDs.png Sightings Near Dobuita That Made a Shenmue Fan Look Twice

December 2017
https://i.imgur.com/eNFjhFKs.png Ancient Game of “Go” Spotted in Shenmue
https://i.imgur.com/fQXsmxvs.png Yu Suzuki's Keyword for 2018: "Immersion" [Famitsu.com]
https://i.imgur.com/PkAqYQqs.png Yu Suzuki's End-Of-Year Comments to 4Gamer | Romance in Shenmue 3
https://i.imgur.com/u0nOoFrs.png Commentary on Kickstarter Update #78: "Then, Now and Tomorrow"
https://i.imgur.com/JnCfGThs.png Merry Christmas 2017 from PhantomRiverStone.com
https://i.imgur.com/eIXGJ8as.png Shenmue Master's Interview with Yu Suzuki | Gamescom 2017
https://i.imgur.com/wdnW4jXs.png Interview with Yokosuka City | The Story Behind the Shenmue Guide Map
https://i.imgur.com/hQaluzYs.png "Sacred Spot" Guide Map: Official English Version
https://i.imgur.com/QyP51EUs.png "Sacred Spot" Guide Map Translation: Road to Amihama
https://i.imgur.com/Io37TkRs.png Announcing: the Phantom River Stone Translation Service
https://i.imgur.com/60qWKZPs.png "Temple Maiden" Model & Lakshya Digital | Kickstarter Update #77
https://i.imgur.com/ZV4q6g0s.png Where is Amihama in Real Life? (Part 2/2) | Route Information Signs
https://i.imgur.com/HlPfB35s.png Cédric Plays Shenmue III: "So Cool"
https://i.imgur.com/JZgKOkos.png Download the Shenmue "Sacred Spot" Guide Map (Japanese)
https://i.imgur.com/G5lH1yTs.png Shenmue "Sacred Spot" Guide Map Announced

November 2017
https://i.imgur.com/ygVIZtps.png Where is Amihama in Real Life? (Part 1/2)
https://i.imgur.com/ysq0Gh4s.png Ryo spotted joy-riding through Dobuita
https://i.imgur.com/OJMDP9ds.png The Road to Amihama | Shenmue Realism
https://i.imgur.com/VY5IsLls.png The Bus to Amihama | Shenmue Realism
https://i.imgur.com/VY5IsLls.png Evolution of the Shenmue Undub Part 3: Translating the Last 3%
https://i.imgur.com/lOlXGgis.png Cédric Biscay in Tokyo | Photo

October 2017
https://i.imgur.com/38BKFq9s.png 2 New Additions to the Shenmue Community | Shenmue Blog & Shenmue Lounge
https://i.imgur.com/AAehVDUs.jpg Evolution of the Shenmue Undub Part 2: The Kogami Release
https://i.imgur.com/Op4FOivs.jpg Evolution of the Shenmue Undub Part 1: The Sm1th Release
https://i.imgur.com/cWaz3RTs.png Earning Money to Meet Ren | Shenmue 2 Flowchart #2 Translation
https://i.imgur.com/7p8o9xps.png Shenmue 2 Concept Sketch: "Wharf Near Langhuishan"

September 2017
https://i.imgur.com/i8wj36es.jpg Kickstarter Update #75: Face Animations & Subtitles Translation
https://i.imgur.com/CMU2qLws.png Gamescom 2017 Photo Report (from the Dojo's yuc02)

https://i.imgur.com/XKlIxUas.png SEGA Dreamcast: Collected Works Kickstarter | Shenmue Special Edition
https://i.imgur.com/BeFsywns.png YS Net Studio Visit by Koch Media with Blurry Dev Screenshot | Photos
https://i.imgur.com/M33Q5uls.png Zhu Yuan Da or Yuanda Zhu? | Character Names in Shenmue I vs II
https://i.imgur.com/j3jVQLis.png Shenmue 500K Interview with Yu Suzuki | Gamescom
https://i.imgur.com/hdhJToOs.png Recap: Shenmue III Japanese Media Interviews | Gamescom 2017
https://i.imgur.com/Sz3bFQgs.png Ryo's Arrival in Hong Kong | Shenmue II Design Document Translation
https://i.imgur.com/LO1mOJas.png "Easter Egg" Characters Discovered in Shenmue III Teaser
https://i.imgur.com/28lU7Yds.png The Shenmue Art Book - Characters Section | Shenmue Merchandise
https://i.imgur.com/Ita4TZSs.png The Shenmue Art Book: Overview of Contents
https://i.imgur.com/zD1Llf3s.png Yu Suzuki Interviewed by Shenmue Dojo
https://i.imgur.com/w8Q5HR0s.png Masaya Matsukaze Visits Yu Suzuki
http://i.imgur.com/XIsHZ6xs.png Famitsu Poll Results: Best All-Time Game

August 2017
http://i.imgur.com/fcyZoMBs.png Kickstarter Update #74: New Ryo Pics
http://i.imgur.com/oFyAxZLs.jpg Seven Interesting Details from the Shenmue III Teaser | Gamescom
http://i.imgur.com/cH288IFs.png Video Interview with Cédric Biscay by Team Yu | Gamescom
http://i.imgur.com/dm8i0iAs.jpg Translation: 4Gamer Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom
http://i.imgur.com/w2ySYzqs.jpg Translation: Dengeki Online Interview with Yu Suzuki
http://i.imgur.com/sCek1CHs.jpg Translation: GAME Watch Interview with Yu Suzuki
http://i.imgur.com/1xOO0HZs.jpg Translation: Game*Spark Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom
http://i.imgur.com/ZLKRROxs.jpg Translation: Famitsu Interview with Yu Suzuki @Gamescom
http://i.imgur.com/2DCAeE7s.jpg New Shenmue III Logo Designed by Yu Suzuki
http://i.imgur.com/s9TIzQBs.jpg Shenmue III Title Screen Image
http://i.imgur.com/061htQes.jpg New Shenmue III Character + Promo Screenshots
http://i.imgur.com/pYBUkOys.jpg Ryo & Shenhua Images on Famitsu.com
http://i.imgur.com/L8BGuiFs.jpg Yu Suzuki's Journey to Gamescom | Photo Selection
http://i.imgur.com/0Y53uBRs.png Shenmue III Video "The First Teaser"
http://i.imgur.com/520Cwq3s.jpg Close-up on the New Shenmue III Art
http://i.imgur.com/yvJB9n4s.jpg Global Publishing Partner Announced for Shenmue III
http://i.imgur.com/34RWUTAs.png Yu Suzuki's Meet & Greet Schedule at Gamescom
http://i.imgur.com/0eQ6QJ8s.jpg List of Ryo's Goals | Shenmue Passport Disc
http://i.imgur.com/HRwqCJes.jpg Shenmue Passport Unlocked! | Hack to Skip Dial-up Check
http://i.imgur.com/1o3nvyxs.jpg Two Dazzling Shenmue-Inspired Projects: a Rock Opera & a Fan Manga

July 2017
http://i.imgur.com/0vzaHjts.jpg Tai Chi in Shenmue II
http://i.imgur.com/nJsRGKLs.jpg Shenmue III at Gamescom 2017: What We Know So Far
http://i.imgur.com/1nOV5eUs.jpg Shenmue Telephone Cards | Shenmue Merchandise
http://i.imgur.com/C5kWWnTs.jpg Vote Shenmue as Best All-Time Game! | Famitsu 1500th Edition Poll
http://i.imgur.com/HFeP8dAs.jpg How to Get to Dobuita Street | Dobuita Guide Series Part 1
http://i.imgur.com/dHynmPcs.png Comments on Kickstarter Update #69: August Event, Revised Logo & New Characters

June 2017
http://i.imgur.com/yfS73Nvs.png Guizhang Promo Clip Voiced by Eric Kelso
http://i.imgur.com/dsQvfQds.jpg Interview with Eric Kelso: Voice Actor for Ren, Guizhang & Fuku-san
http://i.imgur.com/FA4ta1Ms.png Eric Kelso Interview Coming Soon | Fuku-san Promo Clip
http://i.imgur.com/eSpxmHVs.png Eric Kelso Interview Coming Soon | Ren Promo Clip
http://i.imgur.com/JXYQatNs.jpg Submit Questions for our Interview with Eric Kelso [now closed]
http://i.imgur.com/EVFzD5Is.jpg Sealed What's Shenmue | Ebay Merchandise
http://i.imgur.com/X1kVazYs.jpg Kickstarter Update #68: Shenmue III Rescheduled for 2018
http://i.imgur.com/eapK7Ois.jpg The Streets of Shenmue: Street Addresses | Shenmue Realism
http://i.imgur.com/mt4BSD3s.png Results of Famitsu Poll: Action-Adventure Game Top 20 [June 2017]

May 2017
http://i.imgur.com/E8zNFPDs.jpg Comments on Kickstarter Update #67 | New Character Model & Absence from E3
http://i.imgur.com/bcak7Kts.jpg Sealed US Shenmue | Ebay Merchandise
http://i.imgur.com/ucIOJUFs.jpg Shoes On... Shoes Off | Shenmue Realism
http://i.imgur.com/dBWF9V8s.jpg Gio Corsi Visiting Yu in Tokyo [May 17, 2017]
http://i.imgur.com/MqAatxNs.jpg The Meaning & Origin of "Dobuita" | Placenames
http://i.imgur.com/uz6KQl8s.jpg Comments on Kickstarter Update #66 [Yu-san on Story Building]

April 2017
http://i.imgur.com/6hRqzg4s.png Guide to Famitsu Poll: Best Action-Adventure Game [closes 8th May, 2017]
http://i.imgur.com/guRxybQs.jpg Retro Games Exhibition: Sega Taikan Games | Photo Report
http://i.imgur.com/RACi6dEs.jpg Ryo and the Tiger-skin Pants | Shenmue II
http://i.imgur.com/IrqlCqzs.jpg Fuku-san's Incredible Money Counting Skills | Video
http://i.imgur.com/4ouU0kos.jpg Yu Suzuki Interview for the Release of "SEGA 3D Fukkoku Archives 3" | Famitsu]

March 2017
http://i.imgur.com/xrUGYHUs.jpg The Bamboo Fountain in the Hazuki's Garden | Shenmue Realism
http://i.imgur.com/nQIB30Xs.jpg Anecdotes About Yu Suzuki From Yuji Naka | DenFamiNicoGamer [14 Feb, 2017]
http://i.imgur.com/ACl0FlYs.jpg Shenmue Documentary Update Video | Chasing Shenmue: EP03
http://i.imgur.com/3F2klfBs.jpg Guide to SEGA Japan's Twitter Questionnaire [Closes March 26, 2017]
http://i.imgur.com/wcPwXEss.jpg The Naming of Phantom River Stone | Translation Analysis
http://i.imgur.com/2mmK343s.jpg Thoughts on Kickstarter Update #65 [Dev Room Progress Report Vol. 2]
http://i.imgur.com/mG6K4mUs.jpg Interview with Cédric Biscay at MAGIC 2017 | Famitsu.com [Mar 9, 2017]

February 2017
http://i.imgur.com/6KiiKFrs.jpg New Song "Winter Sunset" by Shenmue Composer Ryuji Iuchi
http://i.imgur.com/Cgp2vgCs.jpg "You should have come yesterday" | Translation Analysis
http://i.imgur.com/wVMLlZJs.jpg Rotary Phones & Milk Delivery | Shenmue Realism
http://i.imgur.com/8Mgc1xHs.jpg How to View the Passenger Plane and Fighter Jet Cutscenes | Shenmue II
http://i.imgur.com/0yWEWCIs.png Iwao Hazuki's China Visit | Diagram of Relationships & Timeline
http://i.imgur.com/6VEc2Yes.jpg Yu Suzuki & Katsuhiro Harada Interview | Part 3 | DenFamiNicoGamer

January 2017
http://i.imgur.com/VZ9PVsAs.jpg "Gachinko Fishing" & "Washing Place" | Shenmue Document Translations
http://i.imgur.com/EU27OuMs.jpg Ryo & Ren Comedy Video with English Captions (2001)
http://i.imgur.com/PqSdIWus.jpg Yu Suzuki at the AM2 Summer Festival (2001) | Article Translation
http://i.imgur.com/vIGPSMms.jpg Tile-breaking Job | Early Shenmue Document Translation
http://i.imgur.com/PZWjXavs.png Shenmue Comic: Training in Guilin
http://i.imgur.com/0RUQb9Hs.jpg Kowloon Cut-scene Music: 65 Tracks | Shenmue II
http://i.imgur.com/YvN2RZjs.jpg Shenmue 3 Reward Dinner in San Francisco with Yu Suzuki
http://i.imgur.com/CFADrwrs.jpg Shenmue III Reward Upgrades Coming in Summer
http://i.imgur.com/8j6i3Szs.jpg Yu Suzuki & Katsuhiro Harada Interview | Part 2 | DenFamiNicoGamer [26 Dec, 2016]
http://i.imgur.com/BVgZW6Xs.jpg "Shenmue Gaiden: Christmas Event" | New Fanmade Visual Novel
http://i.imgur.com/b1azRTNs.gif New Year's Illustration & Cultural Notes

December 2016
http://i.imgur.com/wWc7IWgs.jpg Yu Suzuki & Katsuhiro Harada Interview | Part 1 | DenFamiNicoGamer [26 Dec, 2016]
http://i.imgur.com/3dMiVTBs.jpg Yu Suzuki's New Year Resolution [Famitsu.com, Dec 29]
http://i.imgur.com/xr5QFaGs.jpg Yu Suzuki Comments on the Past & Coming Year [4Gamer.net, 28 Dec 2016]
http://i.imgur.com/gnO9bNOs.jpg Thoughts on Kickstarter Update #64 [Season’s Greetings!]
http://i.imgur.com/ubglJ2ls.jpg Winter Heating in Japan | Shenmue Realism
http://i.imgur.com/qOwmG9Bs.png Thoughts on Kickstarter Update #63 [Campaign and Progress Update]
http://i.imgur.com/nYb2Vjes.jpg Shenmue III "Pre-Orders" for PC Start Tomorrow (Dec 15, 2016)
http://i.imgur.com/exgJDORs.png "Let's Get Sweaty" | Translation Analysis
http://i.imgur.com/ag4zj5us.png Yu Suzuki Currently In California
http://i.imgur.com/5zWHSeWs.png Shenmue Campaign Timeline
http://i.imgur.com/IjeW1pXs.png Shenmue's Absence From PSX 2016
http://i.imgur.com/gk1HKhvs.png Yu Suzuki Interview Video (Subtitled) - Retro Games Expo 2016
http://i.imgur.com/bAbAulBs.png Thoughts on Kickstarter Update #62 [Yu Suzuki on the Music of Shenmue]

November 2016
http://i.imgur.com/9BM8AYWs.png Is Lan Di the Leader of the Chi You Men?
http://i.imgur.com/BlCr0Kns.jpg Lan Di Statue Photos (Exclusive Edition)
http://i.imgur.com/rgviLMts.jpg Shenmue Dojo Broadcast Special - 3 December, 2016
http://i.imgur.com/xJNJWIWs.png SEGA Online Poll Results & Video Recap
http://i.imgur.com/qhAiA9As.png Guide to the SEGA Japan Online Poll. [Now Closed]
http://i.imgur.com/Xn2vFoes.jpg Cédric Biscay hints at Shenmue III material for the PSX event
http://i.imgur.com/Jin2uvWs.png "It can't be... you... ?"
http://i.imgur.com/pnN7iUxs.png Top 200 Dreamcast Games Poll Results [DCJY 2016]
http://i.imgur.com/6f2w06Us.jpg Yu Suzuki Comments on Shenmue 3 - Nov 2 Famitsu interview

October 2016
http://i.imgur.com/4E8j5b9s.jpg Kickstarter Update #61: Halloween Greetings
http://i.imgur.com/Ujnkac3s.png Two Fan-made Shenmue Videos Not to Miss
http://i.imgur.com/AduBuT3s.png Map of Langhuishan - Shenmue 2 Unused Asset
http://i.imgur.com/hmdWTwcs.jpg Shenmue Realism: Yamanose Shrine
http://i.imgur.com/NrX84UHs.jpg "Especially Since You Bought Merchandise."
http://i.imgur.com/2FQiu2gs.png Ryo performing Victory Pose from Virtua Fighter
http://i.imgur.com/jGoYDoFs.jpg Shenmue 3 Dev Team Expanding! Leaflet Translation

September 2016
http://i.imgur.com/LpTFsAKs.jpg Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Report
http://i.imgur.com/BIZyrmEs.png QTE Sound Collection
http://i.imgur.com/m4okNn6s.jpg Yu Suzuki Interview Translation (Retro Games Expo / 2016)
http://i.imgur.com/IfyMKHys.jpg The Cryptic Notes in Fukuhara-san's Room
http://i.imgur.com/M4EPqtHs.jpg New "Shenmue AM2" Podcast Series
http://i.imgur.com/EsuuvpWs.jpg Shenmue 3 Kickstarter Dinner Party in Japan
http://i.imgur.com/Rypgz9es.jpg Recent sightings of Yu Suzuki
http://i.imgur.com/h3pJ2bKs.jpg Yu Suzuki Arcade Games at Retro Games Exhibition in Saitama, Japan
http://i.imgur.com/raoDtKjs.jpg Cédric Biscay: No "big update" on Shenmue III for the near future
http://i.imgur.com/HFrPyUas.jpg Dorimaga Awards Part 2: Best Script (Dorimaga / March 2000)
http://i.imgur.com/1gOEjcOs.jpg Sega TGS 2016 Merchandise: the Ryo Marshmallow
http://i.imgur.com/0ktXJTps.jpg TGS 2016 & Shenmue Merchandise
http://i.imgur.com/mBOebs6s.jpg Shenmue Realism: Washing Machines
http://i.imgur.com/8w8RmTxs.jpg Shenmue Wins Best Dreamcast Title (Dorimaga article / March 2000)
http://i.imgur.com/DYH3Z2Ss.jpg "This..." Unnatural Utterances at the Tomato Convenience Store
http://i.imgur.com/vVIonJts.jpg Slacker Backer: update on the PC version reward

August 2016
http://i.imgur.com/iVesGfVs.jpg Kickstarter Update #59: observations
http://i.imgur.com/G5LuJZhs.jpg Kickstarter Update #59 - From the Dev Room
http://i.imgur.com/KNza7MLs.jpg A New Shenmue Blog is Launched
by Switch
Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic