Search found 18 matches

Return

Re: Gametrailers include Shenmue 3 in its 2015 greatest mome

Nice to see some positive media about Shenmue 3.

I keep hearing people who don't like Shenmue calling it a "mistake".

The majority of the people who have shown a real investment in tearing Shenmue down are saying crap like "it's a mistake" because, deep down, they're mad that something that has a positive message and interpretation of the cultures it strives to portray overall is coming back on the market and making everything they worship look like the insults they actually are. They make my stomach turn.
by VukBZ2005
Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Bailu Village Hut Video - Full Quality!

The Anti-Shenmue trolls are starting their crap up again. One of them made a post in the video's comments section whining about its supposedly poor graphics. Seriously, these type of "gamers" are the reason why the industry has been going in the wrong direction in the past decade. I bet if this was something to do with one of their precious "AAA" games, they wouldn't be making a sound.
by VukBZ2005
Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:24 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Alright! Next stop, High Ground Battle System!
by VukBZ2005
Tue Dec 29, 2015 4:24 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: It really not going to be Open World if fails to reach 1

Honestly, I think the lack of a massive budget will be a sort of test for Suzuki. For the first time, he will be working without significant financial resources in the form of an independent gaming studio to produce something of value.

If he is the radical financial thinker some say he is, he'll be able to produce something that blows away the previous two games on time and below budget.

What makes me confident about his abilities in that field so far is how responsive he has been with regard to the community, i.e., the hiring of Kid Nocon. That shows that he is willing to bring in people that (a) have a real connection to both it [the community] and the series, (b) have a real handle on the Unreal 4 engine and (c) have shown that they are able to do amazing things while lacking in financial resources.
by VukBZ2005
Thu Dec 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Is Shenmue IV a possible reality at this point?

That's what I don't get. I think 1 million copies sold for Shenmue may be asking a bit much. I hope it's not, but gamers these days are a fickle crowd and we have to remember that many of today's gamers never played the first two games. This is why I personally believe it's crucial for Sega to release an HD remaster of the first two games on PS4/PC. Without getting invested in the first two games, I'm not sure people will be willing to invest in the third. Sure, there will be the "story so far" short movies included but that's not really enough for people to get invested I don't think.

First, I agree that it is important for Sega to either release HD remasters of the first two games or give Ys Net the right to do so. As we all know, many did not play either because of them being too young or not having a Dreamcast when they were on the market. Thus, they have to be acclimated to the series properly.

Second, I do not think one million copies getting sold is impossible. It will depend on how well the PS4 version of it is marketed by Sony in the days and weeks after release. It will also depend on how well the community counters those who clearly have an agenda against it for whatever reason. Because KS was the means of obtaining funds, a lot of those with hostility towards that jumped on the Anti-Shenmue bandwagon quickly.

Also, since the late 2000's, there has been this trend amongst those who consider themselves gamers to directly attack Shenmue with nonsense like, "get over it, it's dead," "weeaboo," etc. So, when news broke of Shenmue III coming out, they got mad and attempted to sabotage the KS. Since its success, their anger has tremendously increased, so I believe they will try to now attempt to sabotage sales with false information. That is why the community has to get ready for that now.

Third, it is coming out in both physical and digital forms, so I am not too worried so far.
by VukBZ2005
Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update 51: Poll Results & Shenmue.link revam

Its so sad to hear the poll results and how they decided to make kickstarter as Exclusive backer rewards while those who pledge via paypal wont get those exclusive rewards kickstarter folks get. This is really sad. The poll results and how it was interpreted was a serious kick to the guts. I believe the poll was just a place holder for the pre determined Kickstarter to be exclusive Decision.

Some of my friends who I persuaded to back their projects and they did backed it via paypal cause of the rewards, are all very disappointed now and some of them just cancelled their pledge.

I even convinced 3 other friends to back it and now they dont want to do it. Im fine with which ever way happens since im only interested in the game but its sad when you try hard to bring in new fans to get into this franchise, and now they decided its Kickstarter exclusive, really makes you want to just give up finding anyone to increase the pledge or newcomers to back the project. Just my 2 cents.

I agree with your sentiments. Again, though, this can be fixed if they're smart about it. The question is: will they go through the trouble? And, if they don't, does this mean they got enough money now?
by VukBZ2005
Mon Jan 04, 2016 4:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Everyone should get the rewards regardless of kickstarter or paypal. If they want to make kickstarter exclusive, than they should include something similar value that is only exclusive to paypal as well. That way, everyone will be happy. Making it only kickstarter exclusive is disappointing to say the least. They should have just added other bonus that are only for paypal when they made paypal as a funding option.

Exactly, even out the playing field so that contributors don't feel cheated. If they can, again(!), be creative about it, a lot of the negative reactions will stop and goodwill for the series and the people behind it will be created.

EVERYONE ELSE: The points made about those who voted for the Kickstarter staying exclusive are legitimate. However, the people behind the slacker backer should have had something lined up as a compensatory mechanism to prevent the negative comments being made in the first place.
by VukBZ2005
Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:01 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome Japan sure are doing an awesome job at making PR disasters for Shenmue 3. Fucking hell , they sure know how to get the journalists typing away about this. It's easy pickings for them thanks to AJ, really.

I honestly don't care if it looks bad, but something has to be done about AJ, they clearly don't know what it is they're supposed to be doing. Again, if they keep up the screw ups, it will do damage because it will feed the Anti-Shenmue gaming media and troll brigade and drive those who might have been overall sympathetic onto their side. And from watching other KS campaigns involving games, PR, from my perspective, is just as important as actually developing the game. If it starts off real bad, it's not going to get better.

EVERYONE ELSE: I am not one of those that are overreacting. However, I am one of those who worry seriously about image when it comes to this game and it's imperative to keep that from getting too tarnished.
by VukBZ2005
Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:58 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

1.) We will have to expect that some of those who backed the PayPal are probably not well informed about the nature of the situation and will be induced by the Anti-Shenmue Gaming Media and Troll Brigade to ask for refunds.

I know it's a sad thing to see happen, but we have to look at things for what they are.

2.) As some people said, as much as we have to blame "Awesome" Japan for all of this, we have to call to task the people behind the series as well.

I mean, it is clear that Ys Net and Shibuya Productions are signing off on many of the things AJ is doing and it would be foolish and immature to ignore that. Thus, it is their responsibility to go over what they have approved of to avoid something similar from happening again.

3.) At the risk of sounding redundant, the best thing for the people behind the series to do now would be to offer unique rewards for the PayPal backers. It will shut down the perception that they intended to do this all along, assuage hurt feelings and stop the current Anti-Shenmue attacks.
by VukBZ2005
Wed Jan 06, 2016 7:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Day of Release

1.) I will obviously have to fix my busy schedule to make sure I can devote my free time to playing this thing;

2.) I have a working Dreamcast in near-perfect condition. In the event that HD remasters of Shenmue and Shenmue II are not available, I'll just have to go to eBay and hunt them down for me to play them;

3.) Buy (and order) a crapload of food;

4.) Play Shenmue and Shenmue II w/ breaks;

5.) Play Shenmue III w/ breaks.
by VukBZ2005
Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:45 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Members Introduce Yourself!

Hello everybody!

I am VukBZ2005. I have been a fan of the Shenmue series since 1997, when I first heard of the game being in development in Japan. Indeed, my first days on the internet, in addition to pursuing my other interests, were spent following Shenmue's development from Japan. After release, I managed to get a hold of the first part and, after playing it on the DC, felt that it was absolutely everything it said was going to be.

Not too long after the release of the second part (Shenmue II) I became swiftly interested in the release of the third part. As we all know, Sega went bankrupt and stopped producing video game consoles. However, there still seemed to be hope that the team behind the first two parts of Shenmue was going to release the third within reasonable time. Unfortunately, that never happened and drove me away from being as supportive of the series as I had been up until then.

Now that the third part is FINALLY in production (and I honestly thank all of those in the community who kept up the pressure while others like me lost almost all hope, you've shown me that anything's possible!) I felt it was time to re-join the community and assist in propagating info relating to fundraising and Shenmue in general.

I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW.
by VukBZ2005
Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #73: New Progress Video!

Great !! So the ugly new logo is now official, things keep getting better and better with every update ...

I'm not pleased with the new logo either. I don't know how this translates to the end product being crappy, though. If we exclude the character designs (which are obviously a WIP), everything, i.e., the environment, choreography, etc., seems to be shaping up well. When the character models improve, I'm confident people will be blown away by what YsNet has been able to achieve with their limitations.
by VukBZ2005
Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:11 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

The YT & NeoGAF comments are making me VERY emotional right now. What's happened to the gaming community I knew of 20+ years ago? Hell, you could've said it was more "kid-oriented" back then, but the toxicity today is unreal...
by VukBZ2005
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:10 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think the people hating on Shenmue are doing so because they're hateful. It's foolish to believe that something that's clearly a WIP is going to represent Shenmue III when released. That's why I'm sure the hate was going to be there regardless of aspects like facial animations.
by VukBZ2005
Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

all over the internet people are now laughing at this. they should not have released any trailer as shit as this one. gives shenmue 3 a very bad rep. I'm sure the faces will be fixed but to people and journalists watching and rating this they think this will now turn into shit. the youtube video also got a ton of downvotes.

Oi. What if YsNet never released a teaser? Don't you think there'd be people going in on the company for not showing anything related to the gameplay and body mechanics? Come on now.

Again, I think people are hating on Shenmue because they're hateful. For those extremely hateful towards it, it's obviously because they've made meme after meme about how "Shenmue III's never coming out" and "the fans are crazy", etc. They can't stand that it's becoming a reality with each passing day.
by VukBZ2005
Tue Aug 22, 2017 1:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Fuck, this scene is just amazing! Beautiful and well animated, movements, even on the jacket are well done. Pretty impressive.

Fuck those comments on youtube and gaf, people are toxic and stupid these days!

Yes! Like Spaghetti, it's the way the choreography is that gives me confidence in the end product. Now, as for NeoGAF and YT comments, I'm, again, emotional. A lot of these people are straight-up immature and degenerate in their thinking. If they can't get that this is a WIP, then I don't know what else can be done with them.
by VukBZ2005
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: S3 Progress Report Vol 4 Facial Animations

True. They should be slightly more careful with their progress reports from now on since more non-fans are keeping an eye on the game after the progress teaser. The facial animation controversy was mostly over by now but this video provoked similar comments again. Explaining better what they're doing and what the end goals are would help a bit. Stuff like this could otherwise start creating lasting negative impressions which a returning series doesn't need.

The problem is the obvious failure of some people to look at what's being released by YsNet objectively. Even if they were more careful with future progress reports, there'll still be those out there making ridiculous comments about "how bad the game looks" and "the developers don't know what they're doing."

That's the reason we have to accept that there's a group of people in the gaming sphere that (a) didn't like how Shenmue series was revived and (b) are trying to stop it from progressing to completion.

There's nothing that can be done to change the minds of these fools. The only thing we can do is to stop them from creating a disgusting bandwagon effect harmful to the series on unjustified grounds. We must do this by pointing out what's both obvious & true.

Our acceptance of this fact doesn't mean we exempt YsNet from legitimate & constructive criticism, either. IMO, Legitimate & constructive criticism will make the final product better. Isn't that what we ultimately want?
by VukBZ2005
Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:09 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Yu Suzuki talks about Shenmue 3 and memories

Mr. Suzuki knows how important voiced NPCs are. He's clearly speaking in context, i.e., the number of NPCs will depend on how much they can afford to spend on VAs. What gives me confidence here are the words "You have to remember." He wouldn't have said them if he had no consideration for fully voiced NPCs.
by VukBZ2005
Sun Oct 01, 2017 2:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic