Search found 78 matches

Return

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

They could have waited until the end of the month to announce this along with the updated schedule they are promising. They've already announced their E3 no show, so the delay was expected. I'm really hoping that their timing to announce this before E3 is simply to get all the bad news out of the way so Shenmue HD can get a proper reveal. At E3. Next week. For a December 2017 release. :)
by Lan Di-sama
Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Teaser Surpasses 500,000 Views in 1 Day

Wow, that's insane! Now, if only this was a really kick ass, cinematic trailer with full animation and fluid editing... ](*,)

That being said, it's grown on me a bit and I'm comforted by Suzuki's words regarding the facial animation and progress of development.

And if the game's true trailer really blows every one away (this one was just a teaser after all), that contrast between the two will get a ton of positive attention. The goal here is to attract new fans, and continue the saga to completion.
by Lan Di-sama
Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:39 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Beyond Good & Evil 2

As my biggest video game request after Shenmue III, I was stoked when Ancel began teasing imagery up til the e3 announcement last year, and extremely disappointed after watching the reveal trailer and learning it would be a prequel, not a sequel, and yet another open world overly customizable adventure game.

BG&E had simple, but fun gameplay, and an interesting story that was bolstered by heartfelt, compelling characters and music. I want another 10-15 hour action RPG in the same vein, continuing the story of the original which ended on a cliffhanger.

This prequel nonsense is of little interest to me, and their backpedaling on NOT including the original characters makes me think they have no idea what they want to accomplish in terms of storytelling. So, we have preteen Jade, who is a villain - after being told for the past year she wouldn't be in the game at all. And we get to play as a build-a-character crew-member on a space pirate ship in what would appear to be just another massive open world game that probably entails of nothing more than a long list of quests that might trigger an occasional scene to propel the story.

Totally missed the mark with this one, at least as far as getting me excited about its existence after waiting 15 years for a follow-up. I'll still be watching its progress with some interest, but I really would have liked a direct story-driven sequel with similar style and gameplay. Ancel had a trilogy planned and I'm not convinced this is going to stick to his original script at all.

Remember the Ubi Days 2008 announcement trailer? Can't believe that was 10 years ago, but it showed Pey'j and Jade broken down on a desert planet and even though it was a short teaser, it seemed like it was definitely aiming to pick the story up where we left off. That's what I wanted.
by Lan Di-sama
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic