Search found 24 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue 3 on PlayStation 4

Do you think there will be a "Neo" version of the game too? Maybe with 60fps support.
by Verderame
Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:04 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone else want a delay?

Also, MN9 was in development for all kind of game device in existence, from 3ds to Ps4, and also every single old-gen console.
That was simply crazy. Shenmue 3 instead is a Ps4/Pc exclusive, it doesn't have to run even on the lowest common denominator hardware on the market.
by Verderame
Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

I think they just need to nail the skin shader, and that's kinda it.
by Verderame
Wed May 31, 2017 3:21 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I don't know exactly, but as a person who grew up in a country where anime is mainstream since about the late 70s i've seen a lot of stuff from that period during my childhood, and in some way now i'm really nostalgic about Showa era.

I think that one anime that could really fit here is Ranma, because from a lot of points of view it's basically Shenmue the Animation:

-Martial arts
-Late 80s
-Ranma and the (motherless) Tendos family living in an big old-fashioned house with a dojo
-Heavy Japanese/Chinese duality
-Lots of urban slice of life scenes
-A lot of Chinese classic culture
-Midi-based soundtrack inspired by mixed Chinese and Japanese influences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xheK_Vwdvw8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fxDUsP_f3E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGbWVaRkM0Q
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ujj-G910zgQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb13uy81cDA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmBHnfK5v6A

A lot of these tracks could actually be part of the Shenmue ost and nobody would notice the difference :D
by Verderame
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:42 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Uh, well, i don't know about that. I mean, keep in mind that Ranma is way more comedic and a bit less grounded than something like Shenmue, with a ton of wacky characters, silly plotlines and some romantic stuff sprinkled here and there. I don't know exactly why you despise anime (i don't care about most of the post-early 2000s' ones too, honestly), but i guess you have to like japanese-flavoured comedy in order to enjoy it.

Personally, i really love it, all the characters are really likeable and i think it's actually pretty funny. In particular i love the anime version, it has a lot of that late 80s'/early 90s' charm (ie: no cheap cg bullshit shoved in it, no horrible, hyper-bright modern digital coloration, classy character design, fantastic syntethic music, etc), but i don't know how much of it can be enjoyed if watched today for the first time ever.
I also own a lot of the manga's books, and i like it too and it's probably funnier, but honestly even though i love Rumiko Takashi and most of her things i think it's very poorly drawn, and of course the fight scenes are better in motion anyway. I also enjoy the slower, more atmospheric pace.
The animated version is mostly faithful, with some occasional, notable differences, and in most cases i think it vastly wins over the manga one, but that's my opinion.

Anyway, i didn't want to shill Ranma here, it's just that i noticed a lot of coincidences with Shenmue :D
by Verderame
Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:35 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Who needs Shenmue 3?

I swear to god, the (usually RGG) fanboys that every time feel the need to push this "the Yakuza and Shenmue series shouldn't coexist because my favourite one is so much better and then nobody needs the other" stupid argument are like the most dumb and obtuse people ever.

Yes, they share a lot of superficial similarities, they're both free roaming games set in Japan/Asia with occasional fightings, but that's kinda it, they're deeply different, but this doesn't make one series or another objectively better, you can actually enjoy both, like i guess most people on this site do.

I'm sure that the OP article is well written and on point, still i highly dislike shameless and unnecessary clickbait headlines, so i refuse to open that link.
by Verderame
Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:57 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New Ryo & Shenhua models from press release

My quickly slapped-together "Shenmue 3 Ryo with Passsport hairstyle and less godawful oversaturation" pic :mrgreen:

by Verderame
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:02 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think that this comparison that someone posted on Neogaf is actually pretty good:

I think it shows that they kinda nailed Ryo pretty good and that it's almost everything about lighting.
by Verderame
Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I think they mostly need to get Ryo's forehead and hairline, and then it will be fine.

I'm eager to see these models in some actual gameplay footage, i think people are getting a bit too much worked up for a couple of ankwardly cropped out, bad lighted, terribly compressed images (so much that every single detail became almost unnoticeable) that have also been extremely overly-saturated in order to match on a completely unrelated background by some casual amateur guy.
by Verderame
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:07 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 Ryo's face with Passport Ryo's hairstyle and adjusted coloration comparison #2:

So uhm...? This seems pretty good to me?
by Verderame
Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

An old classic about how much lighting angle can vastly change face's shape perception

by Verderame
Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Talking about Shenhua, when i saw the new model i thought that she kinda looked like this cg render in particular:

https://s18.postimg.org/laerwa6vt/shenh.png

Major off-putting elements: lighter hairs, cheaper/plain/poorer (also less cartoonish, tho) looking shadows and shaders in general, deader eyes and expression.
I still think that it's kinda good and that we need to see it in its proper context.
by Verderame
Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I have an interesting theory which may be complete crap but here it goes.
Toshihiro Nagashi( creator of Yakuza series and one of SEGA's most important people) has said that 26th August they will anounnce a new game. 26th of August is within the Gamescon timeline so assuming there have been talks between Yu Suzuki and SEGA, I predict that Toshihiro will announce a fully Shenmue remake under his team. If i'm not mistaken, Toshiro was involved in the production of Shenmue.
Further, with the recent Deep Silver partnership( the same publisher for Yakuza Kiwami), I believe something is in the works regarding Shenmue HD but it's probably just wishful thinking.

Lol if you believe that Nagoshi is going to do anything but endless Ryu Ga Gotoku games and spinoffs.
by Verderame
Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:36 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

While i think that Peter should calm down a bit, i understand how he feels.
That's modern age internet for you: an huge cesspool where every single dumbest person on the earth has a worldwide-reaching megaphone, a place where anyone can came anytime to dump their frustration without any thought or restraint, and everything it's about being the most XTREME!!! possible while pulling out the faster you can that super-witty-and-snarky hot take to show off how much you're cool and badass.
It sucks, but what can you possibly do about it? The internet is a very stressfull and often unbearable place, it kinda feels like having car exaust gases straight in your face sometimes honestly, and i think that the healthier thing to do every now and then is to take some breaks from it.
by Verderame
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:30 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

How did Ryo manage to get that tanned after being stuck in a cavern for so many years? :D
by Verderame
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's in a park

How did Ryo manage to get that tanned after being stuck in a cavern for so many years? :D
https://archive.is/MLBhg/dc2a97d2081b166138454197c09b3e93ff9ff53b
YS: He probably goes to a very expensive tanning salon. Probably not one of those cheap 100 yen salons in those communal baths. [Laughs]
Source: https://archive.is/0vaIT#selection-717.0-719.133
:P :D

:lol:

There's also a nice answer to show to all those smug smartass-wannabe shitposters on NeoGaf & co. that were so "concerned" about how Deep Silver's involvment was going to make the game sooo bad like MN9

JM: So, back to your plans for the future. I don't know if you've heard, but [Resident Evil creator] Shinji Mikami's studio, Tango, was recently acquired by Bethesda parent company, ZeniMax. Would you ever consider working with a Western publisher if you could get the funding to make Shenmue 3?

YS: That depends on the terms of negotiations. If we're given the freedom to make what we want , it doesn't matter where the company is from. I would take my family and move to the States.
by Verderame
Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III @Gamescom '17 Discussion - Yu's at a party

Whoa, garbage-tier shitpost and clickbait turd in just one post, great job dude.
by Verderame
Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:17 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Game*Spark Interview with Yu Suzuki [Full Translation]

YS: Shenhua, Ryo and the other characters are almost all provisional.

HM: Most of the characters [that appear in it] are provisional, so in that sense there's a risk that we've caused a misunderstanding there.

YS: We still have a lot of work to do on Shenhua. [While pointing at characters] Take this one, it's a character that's close to completion. This one's provisional. This is also provisional. This one too is provisional.

HM: That's the case, yes. In a teaser you can't attach that kind of explanation to each and every character.

YS: [Continuing to point at characters] This one's also provisional. Oh, so is this one. We do have characters that have been completed to a pretty high quality level.

HM: But they weren't ready in time for this time's video. I think the showing of the teaser this time, even in a promotional sense, was a little premature of us.

For an extremely long time, since the project was launched in 2015, we hadn't released a video publicly. This time, since a publishing contract with Deep Silver had been reached, we wanted to make an announcement that encompassed a sense of "The project development is moving forward under a new structure; please be reassured, everybody." Discussing among ourselves, there was a general agreement that such an announcement wouldn't work without images, and so our decision came about to release a video this time.

It might sound a bit like making excuses, but even though there were parts that have a long way to go and that we're not fully satisfied with, it was a case of "we can't release nothing, so let's go ahead and release it".

I really find mind-boggling that people could even only suppose otherwise.
by Verderame
Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:41 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Interview with Yu Suzuki @ GamesCom

Deep Silver funding the game and making its scope bigger it's like the news of the century for us :shock: i think we're not giving enough importance to this.
by Verderame
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:14 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

Great video by Johnny.

The general negative shenmue teaser response is typical internet hysteria. I left a detailed post on gaf about the current situation, which basically explained everything in detail from every possible perspective. Alot of ppl understood it when it was broken down for them. However ive learned over the last two days the following.

1) ALOT of people do not understand nuance
information.

2) a good majority will comform to the group think of the discussion and jump on the trending bandwagon (no facial animations. Its the end of the world.....)

3) There is so much over sensitivity with ppl these days. They get triggered and outraged about anything.

4) ignorant trolls who want to shout the game down no matter what (yakuza is better so shenmue should just die. I hope it fails etc etc etc).

If someone is not sure and seeks and answer. No problem. But when you get the answer over and over again and you continue to be a dick, then there's an issue.

The biggest shock for me was neogaf. The biggest gaming forum on the net which should understand all the nuances in gaming development and such. Nope not a chance.

Why should you use your brain when you can just drop that smug one-liner and join the cool guys.

Also, let's stop overrating NeoGaf, all their industry insiders are long gone and most of their gaming discussions are fanboy ridden and trash-tier. Nowadays it's basically a GameFaqs with a fancier account-validation system and a politically extremist dictatorship.
by Verderame
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:59 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 trailer is FINALLY HERE!!

It's not about being blind fanboys, but more like being rational, thoughtful human beings with a functioning brain.
Literally no one is saying that everything in that teaser is good, that the characters model and their animations are flawless and no one should be allowed to say otherwise or something like that.

But it's really, really not that hard at all to understand that this is footage from a work-in-progress project that is still not going to come out untill a year and half or whatever.
Or are you saying that you actually believe that they're going to ship the game in this state? With marionette characters, unfinished shaders and no facial expressions whatsoever? Really?
I'm sorry but if that's the case, well, it's beyond stupidity.

That's it.

And, like i said before, everyone should stop being so worked up about dumb people's overreactions over the web.
Internet's loud minorities do not reflect real world. (Way) less than one hundred users from a couple of internet forums combined do not reflect reality.
There is no single reason to be emotional affected by any of that, you're just going to make your life worse.
by Verderame
Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:57 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Almost completely off-topic but somehow still relevant:

Yesterday came out the first demo of Tomb Raider: The Dagger of Xian , a fan-made TR2 remake.

What does this have to do with Shenmue 3? Well, it's a Unreal Engine 4 game and its first level it's set up in China!

http://tombraider-dox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/08/tomb_raider_ii___the_great_wall_of_china_ls_by_inna_vjuzhanina-dbebskj.png
http://tombraider-dox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Desktop-06.23.2017-10.18.05.01.png
http://tombraider-dox.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/UE4Game-Win64-Shipping-2016-03-23-15-00-53-72.png
http://tombraider-dox.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Desktop-02.22.2017-19.19.59.01.png

Can we expect Shenmue 3 to run and look like this on PC? I would be extremely satisfied in that case :-o
by Verderame
Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:31 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue HD - Are the cutscenes in 4:3 (Non-Widescreen)?!

If they really can't manage to render the cutscenes in 16:9 due to whatever technical reason, they should just zoom and crop the image to make it widescreen anyway, just like Toei did with Dragon Ball Z Kai. It would be the cheapest, easier solution, and most of the people that didn't play the original games would never notice or care about it. Of course, make it just an option.
by Verderame
Thu May 17, 2018 4:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Anyone disappointed with Shenmue 3 cartoon-like graphics

This desire to have a photorealistic Shenmue with Yakuza-like realistic character models looks terrible and pretty misguided to me. Shenmue was made in an era when graphics were getting more advanced, but they still had a definite stylized look in them, and CG character art still had its own flavour. There's still a place for that, i'm already sick and tired of all the unnecessary photorealism, i don't want Ryo and Shenhua to look like amateur actors wearing halloween costumes in a spoof movie like they do in the Resident Evil 2 Remake, or in DMCV, for example.
by Verderame
Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic