Search found 1 match

Return

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

Thank you. I think we'll get a significant boost if and when SEGA finally decides to re-release Shenmue 1/2 and when Suzuki-san and his team will share more info and game footage with the world.

I have also backed Bloodstained by Koji Igarashi and I have to say not only they have handled the kickstarter much better, but the communication with the backers after the fundraising closed is spot on. We have an official backers' forum (made by fans while the KS was still ongoing) and the developers are showing progress and asking for feedback regularly, like once per month. Fan feedback resulted in a shift on the art style for the better, or at least that's the perception we got.
I trust Yu Suzuki, the man is a genious, and I'm sure Shenmue 3 is going to be amazing, but they clearly don't have any clue about how to raise more money. Do you guys know if Awesome Japan is handling the paypal campaign too?

I don't know, maybe I'm just jaded. Maybe it's too early on in the development to share anything more than what they've already showed (still, those low-res images from magic monaco... why low-res?), but again, Bloodstained is showing even the early stages of development and it's payng off in terms of trust. And we all know trust in Shenmue 3 is a major issue because of all the bad press the project got.

Just my two cents. I'd like to hear your opinion.
by Vitoner
Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:13 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic