Search found 77 matches

Return

Re: LGBT-Homophobia Characters/Storylines (Censorship)

There would probably be a better case at portraying the game as racist rather than homophobic
http://i.imgur.com/CNSpoqj.jpg

Although if anyone feels the game is either I personally would think that they're just looking for reasons to be offended.
Precisely. They're actively seeking to be angry/offended because they want something to be upset about so they can blame everything/everyone but themselves as the cause of their problems, so they look here, there, and everywhere for the sweet nectar that is something to be offended about, and when they can't find something 'solid' they start to cherry-pick, misrepresent, and create their own interpretations based on their own warped views (all of which can be refuted effortlessly because they neither hold water nor contain any evidence), all while using the argument of 'well, of course you wouldn't understand!' as their defence. It's utterly laughable, sad, and pathetic.

That's why people like Anita Sarkeesian are laughed at by the logical and educated, and praised by the lunatics.

This! =D>
by Hazuki00
Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Lessons Shenmue III can take from recent indie game fail

There's no possible comparison between Shenmue 3 and others projects, they are made by diferents teams and budgets.

I think maybe they will need more time to polish the game, but not as much as a year as I read. Unreal engine 4 makes more easy to do some things than before. For the same task it could take months when Shenmue 1 was release and now they can achieve the same in a few hours.
Besides, they are a legend team, many of them from Shenmue 1 team, they are a bit rusty but have the same magic of before.

If Nokon Kid could recreate some parts of Shenmue 1 alone, try to image what they can do alltogether...
by Hazuki00
Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Project Update #60: Shenmue 3 by Ys Net

Wow, It looks like they had a great experience!

According to Peter's face, I suppose he admired the new Ryo's model :D
by Hazuki00
Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:04 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #60: Dinner in Japan Reward Report

I think for commercial and marketing issues they can´t show us every month screens,trailers and so. They have to show things according to a schedule. It's all about playing cards really well in order to sell better the game and not to spoil us.

Maybe in december we'll have a teaser trailer or some screens but I think the big trailer will come in next E3 next year...
by Hazuki00
Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: New interview of Cédric Biscay (French & English)

As most of you have already said, I think we'll have a re-reveal trailer at psx, based on several tweets of Cedric. And about magic 17, they sure that will show some screens or a short video, after all, shenmue is the big project of shibuya, how couldn't be there?
by Hazuki00
Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:19 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Playstation Experience - December 2016

I don't think we have to worry very much about the story being rushed.

Yu Suzuki's Red Bull interview:
“I’m afraid that the story will not be concluded with Shenmue 3,” Suzuki says, frankly. “After thinking it through, we decided that forcing a conclusion in Shenmue 3 would only make the story feel rushed and compromise the game as a whole.

I'm trying to find the quote, but I think Yu did say III would finish Chapter 5 and go beyond Chapter 6, so let's assume it gets partway into Chapter 7 the same way II got partway into III. That seems reasonable.

Anyway, the developer/publisher list for PSX has been announced and there's no sign of YSnet. The list may be for exhibitors, i.e games the public can play at the event, so there's still every chance Shenmue III will be at the stage show.

Too many times in these events they don't list all the games to not spoil the surprise, I'm sure Shenmue 3 will be one of those surprises.
by Hazuki00
Thu Nov 10, 2016 7:03 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: The New Combat System

Ragdoll is pretty much in every game now, in fact, you could just enable it by checking a box in UE4. So I wondered why Suzuki was making a big deal out of it (to even have it as a stretch goal...).

I guess it might be advanced ragdolls like Rockstars games, but I wonder how that will benefit the combat exactly.
To be honest, I'm not a big fan of ragdolls... I like them when they're blended with regular animations. Like if you kick a guy in his abdomen, an animation plays where he falls on his knees grabbing his stomach, and then the ragdoll physics are activated and he falls down.

If it was applied like that, it would be great.

If I remember correctly, Yu talked about the ragdoll and it's something similar as you have said. It´s an improved version of the ragdoll reaction.
by Hazuki00
Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

We'll see.

The tsunami risk from the earthquake earlier today in Japan may have thrown a wrench in plans, but of course I'm sure we all prioritise people and their safety over a game reveal.

Tokyo won't have to worry about the tsunami, but there's the potential risk of rolling blackouts affecting work. Cedric did seem to imply YSnet were up against the clock to get something sorted, though this seems like a long-term planned thing and not a spur of the moment decision, so they may have finished what they intend to show already.

I've just heard on radio that there were no damages nor tsunami thanks god.

A week and a day for the next update!
by Hazuki00
Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

https://twitter.com/CedricBiscay/status/802201635854368768

@CedricBiscay As a Shenmue fan, do you recommend me to tune in to the Playstation Experience '16 livestream? :D
@TangoGWfan hmmm today my answer is yes but we never know ;)

8)

Wow! This almost confirm it for psx! I suppose he does not want to say a straight yes for not spoil the surprise and just in case they could not be at psx for any reason but, this almost confirm they will be there! I'm hyped as hell! \:D/ :D
by Hazuki00
Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Will Shenmue III reach 7 million by the end of the year?

As it's been already said, If they put PC version on the slacker backer campaing for once for all and they re-reveal Shenmue 3 on PSX, I'm sure we will reach 7 millions, although by the end of the year is too rushed, it's almost here!
by Hazuki00
Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:16 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

What bothers me is all those tweets of Cedric saying that they will show something not before december or 'today I say yes to look fordward to psx' or time machine to go dec 17... He should not troll like that if don't know a thing about the development.

Now it seems it doesn't work the PayPal and they lost one big opportunity to show the game in a big event, next E3?

They should inform the backers about the progress and give some explanations about the ausence of the pc version on PayPal. They don't say a shit and that is a problem :agrue:
by Hazuki00
Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3 NOW LIVE!

It's possible. Then again, based on Cedric's recent Tweet (and I know I said we should take what he says now with a pinch of salt), it might be something else they close the year out on with new screens/vids.

They should just bite the bullet and get it back up ASAP. They're losing money if they don't.

Cedric said we should not see a big update before december so it makes sense but, a trailer?
I don't think the kickstarter page it's the best place for a re-reveal, that's why so much dissapoint with no psx presence :???:
by Hazuki00
Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: No Shenmue 3 Until E3 2017!!!

Please, stop the discusion, shall we?
I think this, the shenmue community is one of the best, if no the best communitys about videogames.

We all love Shenmue, we have been waiting for this for more than 15 years, we should do whatever is in our hand to make Shenmue 3 profitable in order to get Shenmue 4. We can't do nothing but wait for them to release the game and info whenever they CAN.

There are already some people on the kickstarter page whining because Shenmue 3 didn't appear at psx, insulting Suzuki saying his is a drunken and so. The last thing we must do is something like this.
I was so disapointed about psx but I understand making a game takes a lot of time (years) and I don't have waited 15 years for ruining all of the sudden because they don't release as much info as I want.

Please, this discussion follow path to nowhere, let's put a end to this.
Peace!
by Hazuki00
Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III PC pre-orders begin on December 15 !!!

If Suzuki wants to show material of the game to the backers first, it doesn't make sense that he reveal it first to famitsu. So next month famitsu will feature the content showed on the update.

About adding pc version, they have to announce it in some way so it makes sense they update the kickstarter page to publicite it.
by Hazuki00
Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:56 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: How the media is handling the updates on Shenmue 3 so fa

In spanish sites in general they say the screenshots looks amazing, lots of improves and so. We could say it's been an success!
by Hazuki00
Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:36 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

I can't believe this situation...Do you guys forget that making a game is VERY different than creating an scene with Unreal 4? Do you forget that Nokon Kid is onboard? Nokon was able to recreate almost all places from Shenmue 1 all alone, with passport's model of Ryo.
The graphics part is thelast one, they first create the rutines, I.A of NPCs, collisions, mocaps...a lot of HARD WORK before polishing graphics. In most works I've seen made in U4 by amateurs they don't have to control enemies, NPCs, game routines...only show a beautiful scene, but just this, a scene.

It's imposible they have problems with creating graphics when Nokon Kid alone could do it.

You have to be more patience, I'm sure next year we'll all be amazed with the improve they'll do.
by Hazuki00
Thu Dec 15, 2016 6:54 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #63: Campaign and Progress Update

Wow! Great discover Spag! I asume half of the image has placeholders and its purpose is to show the concept idea they'll polish later. So that's why I don't understand people complaining about this...
by Hazuki00
Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: What kind of minigames do you think will be in this game

Kiske wrote: I guess arcades are out of the picture right?

Maybe in Chobu? It's not as big as Kowloon but it could have some arcades?
by Hazuki00
Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:11 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Iwao Hazuki's China Visit Diagram

Thanks Switch! A lot of work as always! =D>
by Hazuki00
Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:37 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Guilin photo by Nick Page.

This place is gorgeous :heart:

Hopefully, one day I'll have the opportunity to visit Guilin.
Maybe as my gamer "Holy Pilgrimage", when the Shenmue Series will be completed. :king:

https://youtu.be/xB9u6vrPp6A
You live in Switzerland, that's not too far from heaven...
by Hazuki00
Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Knowing how perfectionist Suzuki is, I have no doubt Ryo Will look just how we imagine.

If you remember Ryo's model before Shenmue 1 launch, they improved it even months before release the game.

I have faith in Yu and his team, they will make a good job.
by Hazuki00
Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:44 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's clothes look too tight

I love reading Peter's replies, it makes me hyped!

More than 15 years have passed, so technology has improved and because of that, Shenmue 3 can't have the same exact feeling and visual style than before. However I'm really impress that even in this early stage of development you can see they managed to capture the Shenmue feel, colors, light...

I'm sure we'll get a Shenmue with today's technology.
by Hazuki00
Tue Mar 21, 2017 9:09 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #65: Dev room update

Maybe you guys are forgetting that only one person did an excellent job making Ryo in a short period of time. This person is nokon kids and he is now working with Suzuki team, can you imagine what they can do all together? How couldn't they do a good job with more people,knowledge and budget? No way! I am too confident in this team, they'll blow everybody away when they show their first trailer for sure.

Be patient and trust in Yu.

They only show us dated material, Suzuki has always been very secretive with his work.
by Hazuki00
Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Because I know Yu likes to innovate I trust him. It's just I'm used to the old system and I'm afraid it gets a bit simple.

I love the new idea of using the scenary to beat the enemies or void them, it makes it a bit more strategic.

Beautiful gif by the way! :)
by Hazuki00
Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

Speaking of delays, I have just read in Twitter some user asking Cedric if Shenmue 3 is still set for release in december and he confirmed it again.

:)
by Hazuki00
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: December 2017 is fastly approaching!

I've been re reading the Kickstarter page and rewatching vídeos they put in every Kickstarter update. Oh, and seeing one time and another every picture they released about Shenmue 3. The wait until E3 it's going to be very hard! I'm eager to see some new pictures and vídeo, some days are harder than others and today is one of those days that you can not stop to try to obtain new info about the development of Shenmue 3! [-(
by Hazuki00
Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Poll: vote for Shenmue!

Thanks as always for your hard work!
by Hazuki00
Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:55 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Doing something nice for Shenmue III team

This thread is for ideas. ShenGCH had the idea of a massive card that is signed by various Shenmue fans around the world. I had the idea of giving the team a fruit basket.

I think both are great ideas, but I'd prefer the card signed with some words thanking them for their hard work and giving us the opportunity to see the adventures of Ryo again.

I'd gladly participate :D
by Hazuki00
Tue May 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue 3 & E3 2017

I'd say you have all of Okayasu-sans company helping (in a hush hush capacity due to it being his own studio and that would muddy the waters in terms of finances etc), but don't forget there are also 2 YSNET studios working on Shenmue 3. You have the Ebisu studio which I don't know the layout and figures for. I was surprised that's where the package that RyoHD got his package from to be honest. Then there's the Gotanda studio. That's the one we have seen in the Kickstarter videos. There's about 16-24 developers in there I'd say. That's not including management.

And thank you for the kind words guys. It's always very appreciated. But you know me, and it's really no trouble and also not a lot of work. Anyone could have done it.
It doesn't sound a very small team for me, and if they were able to contract some more, it could be an important number.

Your welcome Peter! I think shenmue community it's one of the best, It seems that the teachings of the 4 wudes have taken effect in all of us :)
by Hazuki00
Tue May 16, 2017 4:20 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

You can't compare these two games, they are made by different estudios, as you have said IgA had Many problems and lost lot of time with wiiu and swich versions.
Suzuki has the advantage that the history and many other things are actually done since Dreamcast era, has some finantial support from shibuya and many masters from the Am2 team are on board which helps a lot.

And the last but not the least, even today they are saying that everything it's going fine to meet the release date.
by Hazuki00
Tue May 23, 2017 9:23 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Peter wrote: Take from it what you will, but Shenmue 3 was at a rough 25% completion mark in September 2016.

On that note, catch you in the streams. Enjoy E3 8)

If the progress is secuential, based on what you said, they need at least two more years to finish the game??
by Hazuki00
Tue May 23, 2017 9:26 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Until now Cedric and Suzuki have said that they are on schedule so I don't have any reason to think the contrary.
by Hazuki00
Fri May 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Shenmue III Update #67: Developer Room Update 3

At first sight the character looked a bit cartoon but there were a lot of characters in Shenmue 1 and 2 that looked cartoon as well.
The model is very detailed, highly polygoned and animation looks very smooth. They still have to add animation to his hair and the rest of the body but looks promising!

If a supposedly secondary character looks like this, I think the new Ryo will be amazing for sure.

On the other hand, I'm dissapointed they won't show a trailer at E3. This almost confirms a delay of december release date and, above all, this game HAS to be promoted correctly if we want Shenmue 4 to be made, so skipping E3 it isn't the best decision, unless they delay it until next E3.
by Hazuki00
Mon May 29, 2017 4:28 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

I'm not sure where I read it, maybe in here some folk said that the date in the video where the model is showed reads '12/01/17' or something like this, so this means they are way too advanced than we think. As I always think, they are showing us dated material just to not unveil anything.
by Hazuki00
Tue May 30, 2017 12:48 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Yeah, they can record the video on that date but this doesn't mean that the work they are showing is up to date.
I don't really see what the point of obfuscating that stuff is. It's better taken at face value.
The point is, we may think they won't get to december release based on this dated material and the truth is that they might release the game at the estimated dated because they are advanced in the development.

I have sometimes a hard time explaining myself because english is not my native language but I hope I could explaining myself #-o
by Hazuki00
Tue May 30, 2017 1:27 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

In my opinion, the modeling of this new character is incredible, much better than the last version of Ryo that we saw in March. Which makes me think that when they show the definitive model of Ryo will impress us.

This character has an incredible amount of detail, far superior to the Shenmue passport. And all this still unfinished and without animations. The artist who is doing this really knows what he is doing.

You may or may not like the style of the character, but you can not deny what a good job. I really want to see characters like Ren or Xiuying.

On the other hand, if they definitely delay the game, I hope they show a video that leaves us with our mouths open and with a bit of luck we can have the demo this year.
by Hazuki00
Wed May 31, 2017 6:08 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Ryo's face

Thanks for liking it!!! But I hope they com up with something WAY better and less amateurish than my work, anyway working on the next tweetaton!!!
http://i.imgur.com/aHFER5n.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/GkeDKnd.jpg
Amazing work! I love it!
I hope Ryo will look similar to yours!
by Hazuki00
Thu Jun 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: YSNET officially announce the delay of Shenmue 3.

After the E3 no show confirmation, the decision to delay the game came as a "relief" for me. At least we can assume the team is really working hard to bring a bigger and better game, expanding the idea of Suzuki-san, and as result... no E3 this year.

The only thing that scarys me is the "posture" of Suzuki san in these video. He seemed a bit nervous like, no smiles... no confidence in his words... this brought me the ideia o him announcing another "estimate" date for release just to calm down people. Like he was on pressure to give a final release date for most angry fans, avoiding backers to ask for a cash-back in the kickstarter.

May be paranoia... certainly is.

Knowing how Suzuki is, maybe he is a bit uncomfortable "letting us down" with a delay. He doesn't like that idea and because of that, he seems uncomfortable.
by Hazuki00
Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: [Closed] Submit your question for Eric Kelso interview

Thanks a lot Switch! It's amazing hearing "them" again after all these years!
by Hazuki00
Sun Jun 18, 2017 5:18 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Kickstarter Update #70: Gamescom 2017 Update #1

I understand it's an event only for press but they clearly say everything showed in there will be made public in press sites.
Besides, in June update they said they will show the latest clips and info so it is pretty clear for me!
by Hazuki00
Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:37 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: PAYPAL SUPPORT FOR SHENMUE 3! PRE-ORDER FOR PS4/PC!

I foresee a huge increase of money after the gamescom if they show some clips or a trailer with the updated material.
by Hazuki00
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:13 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Re: Famitsu Interview with Yu Suzuki @ GamesCom

Thanks again Switch!

Sounds like we'll have something big when we finally be able to play the game. Sounds very ambitious everything he is telling and I like the idea of the recalls that will have Ryo.

I'm always confident in the master Suzuki.
by Hazuki00
Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:38 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic