Search found 36 matches

Return

Re: Shenmue AM2 Podcast

Really good podcast, guys! I especially enjoyed how you were able to articulate and express your love for the games in such an intimate and personal way. It seems those of us who love and 'got' the first game feel very similarly about it :)

Have you considered maybe including features in future podcasts (e.g., quizzing one another about things within the games, etc.)?

Looking forward to episode three!
by ShenGCH
Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Hey,

This is Andrew from the Shenmue AM2 Podcast. Just wanted to thank everyone that has viewed this forum so far and special thanks to all those that have listened to the podcast so far.

Cheers!
by Avery55
Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:33 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great podcasts guys, I have listened to all 4 back to back & really like em. Please keep them up!!
by Ikuzuh
Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Liking this but can you guys not have music playing in the background?

My suggestion would be to play one Shenmue song an episode so you don't run out of songs fast and with no talking over songs. It sometimes makes it hard to hear you guys talk.
by Himuro
Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:47 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Good job guys :D
by AM2
Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

awesome! Will listen tonight!!!
by shengoro86
Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Subscribed and listened to all 4 episodes today via itunes guys and really enjoyed it :)! You have a new regular listener!

I love the style and format, I thought everything sounded pretty good and professional, had no problems with the background music :)

Looking forward to the next episode, keep up the good work guys!
by James Brown
Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:06 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Have you considered uploading the podcasts to YouTube, too? It's your best bet for more exposure :)
by ShenGCH
Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:41 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

The Dojo's the youtube channel can promote your first episode if you want. Once you setup your own Youtube channel we can then add links to the end screen to later episodes you upload.
by Ziming
Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:25 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

That would be amazing! I'm in the midst of setting up the channel right now. I will let you know when everything is ready to go. Thanks!

What I'll do is feature your entire first episode at the Dojo's youtube channel. Then at the end of the video we'll have clicable links to episode 2, 3, 4 that's uploaded on your channel. As well as a direct link to your new Youtube channel.
by Ziming
Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:46 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

If you have a logo for your podcast that would be helpful. Send me a private message when you're ready with it all.
by Ziming
Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueAM2 wrote: Do you need the actual video file to post it on youtube?

Video from you won't be necessary as I'll be editing the first episode for the dojo's youtube channel. All I'll need is the audio from the first episode and a logo if you have one.
by Ziming
Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:15 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueAM2 wrote: Excited to record the next episode of the podcast with our special guest James Reiner. We are recording on Monday and the episode should be out shortly after.

Super excited to join up with you guys :)
by shengoro86
Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:42 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for bringing me on the show! It was super exciting!

ShenGCH wrote: Another excellent podcast, guys, and it was great to hear from James, too :)

Thanks for this comment, it brightened my day up :)
by shengoro86
Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:34 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Another excellent podcast, guys, and it was great to hear from James, too :)
Don't mention it, dude. Always a pleasure to hear you expressing your love and passion for the series, especially at such a deep level that only those who truly feel the games and their intentions (the first game, in particular) are able to. Outside of words such as 'magical' and 'special', it's damn near impossible to nail down exactly what it is that makes Shenmue so... well, magical and special. It's more of a feeling than a word, except words alone wouldn't be able to do it justice. It's beyond comprehension, almost.

Man, this would sound like the ramblings of a madman to an outsider :lol:
by ShenGCH
Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:32 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Very good episode guys, love all your passion. Great guest episode. Maybe you could also consider getting other guests from YouTube who are Shenmue enthusiasts to make an appearance on your future podcasts. Adam Koralik, Shane from Rerez, Happy Video Gamer, Dave from Gamesack, James from That Video Game Show or even Peter from the Dojo; who could talk about his backer tier trip to Japan with Yu-San.

Fan topics/questions could also be a nice feature :)

Keep pumping these out guys, they continue to make my commute to work way more enjoyable.

Happy Holidays!!
by Ikuzuh
Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:15 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by ShenGCH
Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:47 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Don't mention it, dude. Always a pleasure to hear you expressing your love and passion for the series, especially at such a deep level that only those who truly feel the games and their intentions (the first game, in particular) are able to. Outside of words such as 'magical' and 'special', it's damn near impossible to nail down exactly what it is that makes Shenmue so... well, magical and special. It's more of a feeling than a word, except words alone wouldn't be able to do it justice. It's beyond comprehension, almost.

Man, this would sound like the ramblings of a madman to an outsider :lol:

Shenmue fans are the greatest fans ever! Thank you for the nice comments above. <3
by shengoro86
Tue Dec 27, 2016 1:02 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 08 of The Shenmue AM2 Podcast is up on Youtube and iTunes! Please check it out and don't forget to subscribe,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZbyuqpxApw&t=15s
Ryo and Tom's theatrical fist-bump (which they do after Tom teaches Ryo the Tornado Kick on disc three) should be the ' Shenmue Fan Secret Handshake' ;-)

Great podcast again, guys!
by ShenGCH
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:30 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

don2one wrote: Awesome podcast!! hahah too bad you didn't have the Goro impression from James:) hahaha

Thanks for these podcast. love it!

YOOO BROOOOOOOOO
by shengoro86
Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:29 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome podcast!! hahah too bad you didn't have the Goro impression from James:) hahaha

by don2one
Fri Jan 13, 2017 2:50 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

shengoro86 wrote:
don2one wrote: Awesome podcast!! hahah too bad you didn't have the Goro impression from James:) hahaha

YOOO BROOOOOOOOO

LOL

Do you know where the Mad angels are?
by don2one
Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:32 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueAM2 wrote: We just recorded episode 10. Should be out in a few days

Sweet! Looking forward to it :)
by ShenGCH
Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Great episode guys, I look forward to episode 13 to hear your thoughts in Shenmue 3 theories
by Ikuzuh
Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:33 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Shenmue 3 & E3 2017 - UPDATE - Confirmed will NOT be at E3

https://68.media.tumblr.com/3eec02683f29eec3fa5ce4c9f87d61bb/tumblr_opa4696siH1vilcqco1_500.jpg

Here we go folks, the wait goes on and we count down once more.

We have had the May Kickstarter update released this morning from YSNET, which you can read and participate in HERE , and now the road to the biggest gaming event of the year is ready to be traversed. We dont have a date yet for the Sony conference (which is normal), but if we go on the assumption that it will take place as usual on the Monday night, then we are exactly 6 weeks away from the day when we could potentially have some real Shenmue 3 news.

This year, ive created a poll to help keep things a bit more accessible to see what the general consensus is in regards to what people think will happen at the event. There have been a few rumblings of rumors regarding HD remakes so theres a possibility they will have been in production for some time now and are ready to be revealed. We also havent had anny announcement of a delay for Shenmue 3, with executive producer Cedric Biscay still adamant that this game will see its December 2017 release. That means we are just 8 short months away from this games release. We have still to see the wallpaper images promised to backers from the Kickstarter, the websites inclusion of every backers name, changes made so people can upgrade their original pledges, and of course a demo/trial version which is supposed to be released before launch so it could possibly be a very busy summer for both YSNET and Awesome Japan.

Either way, im sure we all hope these next 42 days will fly by, so lets enjoy the ride!

http://i.imgur.com/qh4iLOl.jpg

Sony - TBC - (estimated Monday June 12th)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumors & Shenmue 3/E3 related articles

Backers Surveys due during Summer 2017
Sega register http://www.shenmuehd.com
Shenmue 1 & 2 HD to be released in 2017
Romain Mahut Gameblog rumor

Dev Room Progress Report Vol. 3
Posted by Ys Net (Creator)
Greetings Everyone,

In this month’s update we present to you our third development report!
Who’s this new face…? Please check it out!

Thank you for watching and we hope you enjoyed it!
We have also been receiving questions from our backers regarding our plans to participate in upcoming game shows. While our schedule has yet to be finalized, we will be devoting June to game development and as a result, will unfortunately not be participating in any game shows. On the other hand, we look forward to bringing you our monthly updates and hope you do too!
Thank you!
From the Shenmue III Team

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ysnet/shenmue-3/posts/1895449
by Peter
Mon May 01, 2017 11:17 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Awesome. Will give it a shout out tomorrow night, ready for next weeks release!
by Peter
Wed May 10, 2017 8:12 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Keep up the good work dudes! Looking forward to the next podcast!

Cheers!
by starscream178
Wed May 31, 2017 3:35 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

ShenmueAM2 wrote: TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!

A wonderful podcast by 2 great fans. I was wondering if you would take suggestions for topics or will eventually read questions on air?
by Jesse
Wed Jun 14, 2017 6:39 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

by fafadou
Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:43 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Episode 19 is here!

Please subscribe on YouTube or iTunes:

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pka_Bp2kTks&feature=youtu.be

iTunes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pka_Bp2kTks&feature=youtu.be

These podcasts are great. I am training to run a half marathon and instead of listening to music I have started listen from your first podcast and it seems to make the training go a lot quicker!
by b_ren
Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:31 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really love the podcast, guys! I'd like to hear you guys talk about what kind of trophies/achievements you'd like to see in a Shenmue HD release. (I.e. Full capsule toy collection, win a boombox, etc.)

Keep up the great work!
by Ahh_Good
Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:45 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Thanks for the support! We are definitely going to do an episode on what trophies we would like to see in the game.
There have been a number of threads here on the Dojo regarding Achievements/Trophies people would like to see in a remaster/remake, so perhaps you would consider glossing over a few for this particular episode of the podcast?

Here's a quite a popular one for reference: http://www.shenmuedojo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49470
by ShenGCH
Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:27 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Sweet! Listening to it now!

Matt & Andrew, do you guys have any sort of set schedule for when you record a new podcast? Every two weeks, when the urge strikes, when there is something new to talk about, etc.? Just curious because I'm already looking forward to the next one :)

Keep up the great work!
by Ahh_Good
Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:06 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Looking forward to it, A&M!
by Ahh_Good
Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:12 pm

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy the podcast, and liked listening to you read the different character back stories. If you're ever unsure about what to do, it'll be great to hear you both read some more character profiles :king:
by Kirino_Matsuyama
Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:46 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic

Really enjoyable, helps my morning commute when it comes out. Review left on iTunes. :-)
by newyokohama
Wed May 23, 2018 9:34 am

Jump to forum
Jump to topic